August 21, 2014 | 1269 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Stipple

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by violetbutterfly1629

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is good for cream blushes and for putting on finishing powder, but I wouldn't suggest using it for liquid foundation. It's very flimsy and not dense enough for application. I'll stick with my Ecotools stippling brush for that. Other than that, it's a pretty okay brush. I suggest buying it if you're on a budget.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2011 5:14:00 AM More reviews by heykerrieann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this brush after reading the many reviews on how great it is. I don't wear liquid foundation but had read this was good for applying blush and face powders. I honestly can't see how anyone can stipple foundation on with it - it's not dense enough. But it IS great for applying my HD powder! I tried it with mineral blush but did not see any difference. I keep reading here it works great with cream blush though, so I'll try that next. I like that the price is good enough to own a few for different uses.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by p4percut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The white fibers aren't as stiff as higher end/more expensive brushes. I don't see how this would work for foundation, so I used it with NYX's cream blushes. I always tend to over-apply with fingers. I dab it on the cream blush, then on the back of my hand to even out the product on the brush (and to remove excess) and stipple onto my cheeks. It gives a very nice, subtle flush.

Pros:
-Price, especially if there is a sale
-Soft

Cons:
-White bristles are flimsier than other stipple brushes I've used

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by sallyen

I agree with most reviewers saying that the brush is not dense enough and just too sparse. It does not give full coverage and is blotchy when I apply my foundation with it-

I can't use it with foundation, but it works wonderfully with my cream blushes. That's why I give it a 4.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

I'm really pale (think white as the underbelly of a dead fish white) and I have to apply my blushes with a VERY light hand.

This brush is super soft and picks up my blushes lightly enough that I don't accidentally make myself look like a clown.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by zalime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

just got this from post. ordered it when its 50% off n i got 2 cuz ive always loved elf's brushes! but not this one. it is far too sparse and totally flattened. :( the powder brush is way better. shoulda stocked that up instead

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2011 2:26:00 AM More reviews by Poptimist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I own the mac 187 which this is obviously a dupe for. The most noticeable difference between the two is the ELF has less hairs. So it is not that good for foundation application...Its too splotchy...However, it is just perfect for my cream blush. I can't tell the difference when applying blush between this and the 187. I think it was worth it just for that, because it was during a 50% off sale, so it was only $1.50! It is also a very attractive looking brush. I love the look of all the studio brushes.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2011 6:43:00 PM More reviews by tomakeupchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

oh E.L.F. this was such a disappointment. After the success of the powder brush and kabuki I was expecting great things from this brush. Unfortunately it just did not deliver. Like the other E.L.F. brushes the bristles are super soft. The problem, I believe, is that the brush is simply not dense enough. It does not work for stippling at all, too soft and too few bristles. It did not pick up the liquid foundation well at all. It doesn't particularly pick up any powder well either, although it isn't bad for blending.
I would stay away from this brush, which although cheap $3, it simply isn't worth the money. Save your money and invest in the many other E.L.F studio brushes which are indeed great value.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 2:28:00 AM More reviews by wai260896

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

yes it is flimsy, but i still find it great for liquid foundation! and nothing cqan beat the price! no shredding and no problems with the brush what so ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by marilyn224

I already have two back-ups of this brush. I absolutely love it, and for $3, it's a complete steal! I have not experienced shedding whatsoever, and am still using my first brush (which I've used every single day since October 2010) and it's still in perfect condition. I use Johnson's Head to Toe Baby Wash to clean it after every use. Would repurchase again and again.. wait... I already have!!