E.L.F. Studio Stipple

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Coarse

Really? Really? Really?!?! With all these great reviews you'd think this was ACTUALLY a dupe for a Mac 187, it's not, it's not even close!
The picture shown above looks so much more abundant hair-wise than what it actually is. It's sparse, and soaks up all liquid foundation, instead of putting it on your face. If you use expensive foundation, this is a huge con.
But wait ladies, I've found some good uses for this. If you do like to stipple on your foundation, I find taking a hair band (clean n new of course) and wrapping it around the base of this to have a little more control over the brush, and add some density. But id rather spend more money for a better brush when using expensive foundations to stipple on.
This is also good to use for blushes or bronzers that are too pigmented, since it lacks density, it doesn't pick up a lot of color. I don't wear liquid foundation regularly, but I do use this for my highly pigmented blushes to save myself from a clown face. I will definitely not repurchase this. Next time I'll be going for the Sonia kashuk I think.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

its not the best brush of elf because its not dense. but i use it for cream and powder blush, and its good for that as your blush is very pigmented and it applies it neutrally and gradually.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Love this brush so much. I use it for applying my blush and it's just the best thing ever. Price is awesome too.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A disappointment, to be honest, but it's probably because I set my standards too high. It's a nice brush in its own merits, but it's not nearly as dense or as big as a SpaSource (SpaResource?) stippling brush I got at Wal-Mart. Doesn't shed and does its job well, but it falls short when compared to other brushes. Its lack of density makes it harder to apply foundation with, but if you use it for blush, then it works really well. It also hurts my face a bit when I use a stippling motion rather than a buffing motion.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This brush is perfect for applying blush—both the highly-pigmented and the sheer ones just look gorgeous! In fact, I really haven't seen my blush look so nice. It looks so much more natural than with my other blush brushes. It is absolutely beautiful.

I also have the MAC 187 (which I feel does a good job with liquid foundation) but the bristles are more dense on the MAC. I had always used fluffy brushes which work OK, but after trying this little e.l.f. gem, it's now my go-to. The bristles are a little more sparse than the 187 (but not too sparse) which makes them flex just enough for blush and put the most lovely silky-looking strokes that just seem to automatically become blended well. I really was quite blown away at how my face looked with this. Seriously.

I had to order these directly from e.l.f. as my Target does not carry them. Since I've been introduced to e.l.f, I've bought quite a few of their brushes (powder, complexion, kabuki, and some various eye) to add to my "had-to-try" brush collection, and the ones I bought have not shed at all. The e.l.f.'s wash and dry really well, too, quicker than most. I'm kind of thinking also that the taklon is maybe better for my sensitive skin than my older animal hair ones, so I'm enjoying that switch as well. I also have a few EcoTools but was not too impressed with how my blush looked with any of those that would be applicable for blush. Just didn't look right, IMO. The only one closest to looking pretty good was my SK black handle blush brush which has the kind of head that I've always loved - fluffy and not tight. However, this new E.L.F. has taken over.

I don't know that this would be the same stippling application of liquid since it is not dense and firm as the MAC, but I can't really say because I haven't tried it yet. But from what I see, it is definitely beautiful results for blush and I would say for highlighter and perhaps bronzer too. Love it!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I actually prefer using this brush with powder rather than anything liquid. I find that it distributes powder really well on my face and I love how soft it is. It doesn't really shed and takes the product really evenly. Really happy with the quality of this brush!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This brush is perfect for applying both highly pigmented blushes (like my Illamasqua "Panic" which is very cherry red), and those blushes that are light and sheer (like Benefit "Coralista"). It applies a very small amount of product that is easily blended out. My blush looks more natural and bIended into my skin when I use this instead of a typical blush brush. It doesn't feel particularly stiff or dense so I haven't tried it with foundation. I have experienced almost no shedding (though be advised that the E.L.F brushes all have slight variances-some will shed like crazy and some none at all). $3 USD, can't beat the price! I plan on picking up more of these for backups.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Applies WAY too much or too little foundation, never in between. I thought I hated this brush until I tried it for special effects makeup, and it makes the most perfect blood splatters. I like it for creme blushes as well.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is a good stipple brush compared to those in my collection. I love to apply my liquid foundation with this for an air brush finish. Use it as a powder brush when i dont need a ton of powder. I find that its great on cream/moose product too. uses it with my moose foundation and i only use this brush for that. Cream blush works well with this too for a glowly look :) I dont think i will purchase any of this for now and years later yet i can see myself buying it as a gift for friends or when mine is spoilt. SGD $6

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Love this brush for applying my liquid foundation. Doesn't shed.

Popular Makeup Brushes