Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

3.9

Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isoamyl Laurate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891) Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499)

on 2/28/2015 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

If you use too much, it WILL look cakey, and trust me it doesn't take very much at all. About half a grain of rice should suffice for each area. It is very heavy duty, which I don't need (so I won't be buying again), but I have given it to my friend and it works really well for her. (She has oily skin and needed more coverage.)

on 2/26/2015 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't have any kids, but if I did, I'd probably sell them for this.

Yes I said it and I'm not taking it back.

I'll be honest, I didn't think I'd like this as much as I do. I mean, girls go crazy about this stuff, saying it is the best on the market, the most heavy duty concealer you'll ever touch in your life. These girls would sacrifice goats and give up their souls for this stuff, and I was just not buying into the hype...but yet here we are, with a positive review. *deep sigh*

For those that might be putt of by the whole "heavy duty" claim, don't let that scare you off!! All you have to do is apply your foundation as you normally would, then squeeze a little bit of this onto the back of your hand, and blend minimal product over any acne spots, scars, or discoloration that your foundation didn't cover. Start off with very little and build up if needed. If you go in with a lot, then it will take FOREVER to set, and even after setting with powder, it will begin to look very oily throughout the day. If you use only the amount needed (which will be very little) it will set nicely, and it will not look oily throughout the day.

I have used this under the eyes before, but I honestly wouldn't recommend it. It doesn't feel or look that heavy, as you might imagine, but like previously stated, it takes forever to set, and it almost looks wet...I don't care if you're Beyonce, no one can pull off that look.

I don't pull this out every single day, but when I'm using a lighter coverage foundation, this is perfect for me! I have pretty good skin, but lots of redness on the chin, and scattered acne scars on my cheeks. So I will use a lighter coverage foundation, and use this sparingly on my problem areas, and the result is beautiful.

One thing I need to address, this line has horrible shade selection, they completely ignore the fact that there are people out there with medium to deep skin tones. Literally nothing in their line would ever compliment a WOC. The company has received complaints about this multiple times, but they don't seem to be making any attempt to expand their shade selections. To me, this just says that they don't care about the consumer, and I find it utterly outrageous. I am going to be contacting the company myself about the issue, and if they still have no plans to expand shade selection, I probably won't be purchasing anything else from the brand.

Whew! Sorry about that heavy subject, but I had to get that off my chest. All in all, I would definitely recommend this concealer, and I will be editing this review later on when I get a response from the company :)

on 2/22/2015 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

this concealer never fails me!!!! It's under 10$ for a tube that will last forever! My HG concealer, I would pay any price for this gem. Gives the FULLEST coverage to any dark spot, discolorate, acne, dark circle, everything.... Doesnt crease, Doesnt look cakey, brightens, evens, it is just perfect. I am so happy i tried this on a whim, it has become my one and only! A litte goes a long way and the shades match well! PLEASE try this, you will not be disappointed.

on 2/16/2015 3:58:00 PM

I bought this based on all the reviews here. And it lived up to the hype!
I am asian with light to mid-toned skin. I tried Light which was too light (ha), Medium turned out to be the best match for me. They are both yellow toned.

This is a great heavy duty concealer to cover up blemishes and red spots. My previous HG (Vichy Dermablend Concealer) was discontinued ages ago and I've been trying to drag out its usage. This comes close to my old Vichy concealer.
This comes in my favorite kind of packaging for concealer, a squeeze tube. It makes it so much more hygienic and is easy to control how much to squeeze out.
You really only need a tiny bit - like a rice size amount is probably 2x too much!
It is a bit oily though, which can make it hard to cover redness. I wish it were a little dryer so that it would stay put a bit more.
I use this to cover redness strategically and forego any other kinds of foundation or powder.
For the price it can't be beat.
I am trying to go more natural with my makeup. I can't find the EWG rating for this product but i'm afraid it's probably quite 'hazardous' since this is so cheap.
The product does work so well, I'll probably still reach for it on really bad skin days.

on 2/14/2015 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a heavy duty concealer that is great for pimples, scars and covering redness. I even use this in the summer to cover some of my varicose veins on my legs. This tattoo kind of reminds me of Kat Von D's tattoo concealer, it is almost the exact same expect this one is 4x cheaper! The only real con for me is that the shade range is extremely limited. I think there are only 5 shades and they all seem to run rather yellow, which is great for me, but obviously not for everyone. The darkest color is about an NC35-40? So if you're darker than that, definitely stay away. Anyone around NC15-40, looking for some heavy duty coverage, this is a must.

on 2/3/2015 3:04:00 PM

I was breaking out with irritated pimples on every spot I used it on my face, (for reference my skin is on the dry side). I really thought it was just stress and kept on using it until I tried a new one. Sure enough pimples went away.Weeks later came back to this and the same exact irritated pimples. It then clicked to me that it was this thing causing it I only had them on the exact spots I tried covering.

Now as far as the concealer goes, it is quite heavy, I would never use this concealer under the eyes because Its too heavy for undereyes imo. I only used for spot concealing dark acne spots and worked quite well and it does the job pretty good for a drugstore. My shade is light medium and it does have a grayish under shade if that makes sense, not exactly my skin shade but the lighter would be too light. Price is $5-6 at Walmart. I like the tube because I'm able to squeeze only what I need rather than a pump.

Overall, I would say try it if your eyeballing it, its quite good and you can keep on adding til it covers everything. Good thing its very affordable not loosing an arm . Maybe if it wouldn't had broken me out I would reach for it more often.
However, I tried age rewind dark spot(white tube) way better product. I would recommend that one for spot concealing.

on 1/23/2015 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is probably the best drug store concealer available. Sooo creamy and pigmented! That said, I still opt for department store concealer bc my hereditary circles are huge and very dark.

on 1/22/2015 1:27:00 AM

I really didn't like this concealer. It was too thick and difficult to get out of the tube, but also too thick and sticky to be used on any part of my face. Terrible stuff I threw it out.

on 1/18/2015 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

This stuff is amazing and it is so affordable. The tube lasted me for a year - I don't use a lot, but I also use enough. Maybe just less than the size of a pea and it lasted me for a whole calendar year using it almost every single day around my eyes only.

The consistency is thick and all you really need to do is dab it on. When I was using it, I used my finger but perhaps how I would use a concealer brush to make sure it dabs on perfectly. I think the key to this specific product (if not all concealers) is dabbing it and building it up gradually. The pigmentation is killer good - its not sheer or liquidy. It doesn't look drying or flakey either. Would last me all day!

While I was using it, I was working full time and going to school at night. I DID redo my makeup before school just to feel better. So, when I say it lasted all day I am talking like a ten hour day.

It never melted off or looked cakey or clung into any fine lines. The only reason I do not use it today is because I live in Canada and do not want to go through the hassle of shipping it here. It smells a bit like paint, but that didn't bother me. I lost the pencil shortly after I opened the package - I did not think that was overly useful for anything.

If someone knows where to get it in Canada let me know. Don't recall finding it in Canadian Target either.

on 1/17/2015 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this gem a month ago and let me tell you..This concealer is the best ever!
I struggle with insomnia and I have hereditary dark circles so for me concealers are really important. I bought I ton of high end and drugstore concealers and nothing compares to this one when it comes to coverage . My dark circles are that bad that my MAC prolongwear can not cover them well . I tried heavy ones and creamy like MAC studio finish concealer wich is only for blemishes because is heavy and creases me so awful. When I Say That this one is the ONE ! is the one.
I bought the glamoflauge in ultra light . I'm fair skin ( NC15 ) and the shade is perfect if you have neutral or yellow undertones. I hate orange concealers , They make me look awful .
The coverage is amaaazing , it covers all my dark circles i can not see any redness and a little bit goes a long way .
The texture is heavy but super blendable and it dosn't feel heavy on my skin at all .
it doesn't crease ! is like magic in a bottle .
holy grail product !!!! I don't need more concealers in my life! I would buy this one over and over again for the rest of my life and I 'm not over exaggerating . it changed my life .
In the packaging says that covers tattoos I don't have any tattoos but i believe it. this baby covers all!
And on top of all this concealer is super affordable! Go and buy it right now!