August 20, 2014 | 1327 users online

Highlighters - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 1

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love the Touche Eclat and I'd finished off mine a few years ago but I never bought it again, I dunno if it was because of it's price, or I just never bothered to go back to the YSL counter again for it or what! LOL

Even though I'm an NC45, I bought this in color Number 1 because the MUA at the YSL counter was around my skintone, and she said that she loved using Number 1 under her foundation because it acts like a concealer covering just about everything quite well under foundation. And that's why I bought Touche Eclat especially in Number 1. To cover up blemish scars and my faintly dark 'quarter-circles' closer to my nose.

As long as I use foundation over the Touche Eclat Number 1, it will do its job of covering up everything. And that's what I suggest for anyone else, if you don't know how to use this as a highlighter, and I know I don't, then use it as a concealer as long as all of your FOUNDATION is on over it!! When I went to another YSL counter I could tell that a woman, who said that she had the Touche Eclat Number 1 and who was probably an NC15 or NC20, didn't cover it up or blend it up enough under her foundation, or perhaps she just didn't have foundation on with the Touche Eclat, but that's a big mistake because I could still see the tell-tale signs!

It's all too light especially for me not to put foundation over the Number 1 colored Touche Eclat, but it's one of the best 'concealers' I've ever used on myself, and it has very handy, non-fiddly packaging!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by cjheartsmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of those products I bought in my late twenties, when I had a little more money and started buying products I imagined an affluent independent woman would buy...along with a few others I will also review. I loved the packaging and the free samples that came with, and was determined to make it work, regardless. I wish someone had actually told me installing headlights under my eyes didn't actually flatter anyone, let alone me...but I thought that was the fashion and who was I to argue with all those celebrities. I certainly enjoyed the consistency and the product really spreads well. It smelt nice too and lasted about a year. Thankfully I went off the ultra high beam look and haven't missed it since. Good product, but you can tell when people have got it on, and I have to bite my tongue a lot when I just want to look them in the eye and say quietly ; Just.Stop. Now.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 4:33:00 AM More reviews by zoozannes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeshadow combo. It is my go to eyeshadow on those mornings where I don't want to think and know that if I put these two shades on I'll look my best. The colors blend very nicely and stay on the whole day. I do get a bit of creasing if I don't wear a primer, but adding a primer takes less than a minute. I loved this shadow combination so much I bought an extra set just to put in my traveling kit.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2011 8:52:00 AM More reviews by shady74

I'm a non-believer I'm afraid. IMO it's much more of a highlighter than a concealer and is SO pink that it will only suit a limited amount of people. You can always tell when the wrong people are wearing it as they get like a reverse-panda effect with too much pale going on around the eyes.

Heinously expensive with very little product inside too, so my advice would be that whilst it does genuinely work for some people, it's not a 100% guarantee so do NOT buy this on a whim without testing first!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 11:40:00 AM More reviews by gracejones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Although I love the neat packaging of this little pen and the clickability factor, the product in itself, is expensive and not worthwhile. I really find the colour too pink and unless you have very pink white skin this is not for you. I am very fair but my complexion has golden undertones, yellow if you will. I think the consistency is good, I do like light concealers but the colour is odd and does me no favours.
This is not the worst concealer I've tried but certainly not a keeper.

I'm sticking to my Jane Iredale concealer....

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by ilookcool

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Honestly, I don't know if this does anything for me or not. Or maybe the effect is too subtle for me to notice? It does lighten my dark circles a bit, but as a brow/cheekbone/nose bridge highlighter, I really don't know if it does anything. Oh well, won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by zwinky

This product has truely been a lifesaver for me. i Have always suffered from terrible dark circles and this covers them up brilliantly it instantly makes me look wide awake and fresh faced. It can look a little cakey after a bit if you put it on too thick, but if you use it right it's just fine and lasts most of the day. I use this concealer under my eye, over my eyelid and up to my eyebrow you'll find it makes the skin so much brighter looking. I understand how you can look at the price and cringe but i think it's definitely worth it because of the effectiveness and the amount of time it lasts. My last one lasted about 6 months and i use a lot of this stuff everyday. Highly recommendable.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really don't like this product. Though I'm quite young and i don't have any undereye dark circles or problems (yet), so i'm guessing this product is a bit wasted on me-I'm assuming with all the hype this must at least work for someone though?!!! From a practical point of view, i don't like the push pen idea cos sooo much of the product comes out on the brush (no one needs to use thaaat much in one go surely?). I tried it on my mum (who has very dark circles under her eyes) and i have to admit it did do a little something for her. But if you don't have any need for concealer then i can't see the need for this product......especially as putting makeup (ie. concealer) on the delicate eye area will just damage and age the skin more (no?)! I reckon you'd be better off finding an undereye cream that prevents/reduces the appearance of darkcircles/undereye issues rather than just concealing them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

I have just very light undereye discoloration, but I've never been happy with any undereye concealer. I hate when it creases, or looks too unnaturally light, or just gets gross. Touche Eclat, however, changed everything! I bought it on a whim as I had a $20USD VIB card from Sephora, basically giving me half off. I'd heard raves about it for ages, and now that I own it and have been using it for three weeks, I love it too. It's very easy to apply and blend, and just looks like "look at me, I'm so rested and refreshed," not "look at me, I'm trying to cover up darkness with pure white!" I'm MAC NC20-25, and this shade was definitely my best match. I also like to use it where I get red, such as around my nose or mouth during the winter. To set it, I apply MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light Medium with a 224 brush just under my eyes or around the nose/mouth/chin. It does double as a great light concealer, which is nice when you don't want to be weighed down by product. It still leaves me looking dewy, fresh, and natural. I love the pen applicator, since it is super easy to take anywhere. A fantastic product that I will continue to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by ranger2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great under eye brightener that also doubles as a concealer. This gives me nice coverage with a subtle highlight. This product also has nice staying power and is very simple to use. Very happy with this purchase, definitely will buy again.