September 21, 2014 | 2012 users online

Highlighters - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 1

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by BethanyBez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this as an undereye concealer... I do agree with another reviewer who said this is more of a brightener than a concealer, but it does the trick better than a regular concealer in my opinion. Rather than bing a matte or sticky paste that gets stuck in your creases it hides dark circles by reflecting light. The texture is excellent and just melts into your skin. I like that it's like a push pen - it dispenses just the right amount of product and the smooth brush glides perfectly under the eye. The packaging is very nice overall... I've noticed a little wear in my brush and some of the product has gathered beneath the cap but that's to be expected with pretty much anything. I will keep buying this as it's worked better as an undereye concealer/brightener than anything I've tried in the past.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 7:20:00 AM More reviews by Cokioki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this at Gatwick Airport for a better price. I really love this and it brightens my undereye area like no other product. I use this with Mac 252 which is an awesome brush.

Edit: Even though touche eclat is the best under eye concealer in the world it leaves a chalky finish every time i apply it but i have a solution: I use my The Body Shop vitamin e face mist and spray it on my mac 252 brush which makes the touche eclat look a lot better on my skin. It now leaves a flawless finish and no more chalkiness!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love the Touche Eclat and I'd finished off mine a few years ago but I never bought it again, I dunno if it was because of it's price, or I just never bothered to go back to the YSL counter again for it or what! LOL

Even though I'm an NC45, I bought this in color Number 1 because the MUA at the YSL counter was around my skintone, and she said that she loved using Number 1 under her foundation because it acts like a concealer covering just about everything quite well under foundation. And that's why I bought Touche Eclat especially in Number 1. To cover up blemish scars and my faintly dark 'quarter-circles' closer to my nose.

As long as I use foundation over the Touche Eclat Number 1, it will do its job of covering up everything. And that's what I suggest for anyone else, if you don't know how to use this as a highlighter, and I know I don't, then use it as a concealer as long as all of your FOUNDATION is on over it!! When I went to another YSL counter I could tell that a woman, who said that she had the Touche Eclat Number 1 and who was probably an NC15 or NC20, didn't cover it up or blend it up enough under her foundation, or perhaps she just didn't have foundation on with the Touche Eclat, but that's a big mistake because I could still see the tell-tale signs!

It's all too light especially for me not to put foundation over the Number 1 colored Touche Eclat, but it's one of the best 'concealers' I've ever used on myself, and it has very handy, non-fiddly packaging!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by cjheartsmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of those products I bought in my late twenties, when I had a little more money and started buying products I imagined an affluent independent woman would buy...along with a few others I will also review. I loved the packaging and the free samples that came with, and was determined to make it work, regardless. I wish someone had actually told me installing headlights under my eyes didn't actually flatter anyone, let alone me...but I thought that was the fashion and who was I to argue with all those celebrities. I certainly enjoyed the consistency and the product really spreads well. It smelt nice too and lasted about a year. Thankfully I went off the ultra high beam look and haven't missed it since. Good product, but you can tell when people have got it on, and I have to bite my tongue a lot when I just want to look them in the eye and say quietly ; Just.Stop. Now.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 4:33:00 AM More reviews by zoozannes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeshadow combo. It is my go to eyeshadow on those mornings where I don't want to think and know that if I put these two shades on I'll look my best. The colors blend very nicely and stay on the whole day. I do get a bit of creasing if I don't wear a primer, but adding a primer takes less than a minute. I loved this shadow combination so much I bought an extra set just to put in my traveling kit.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2011 8:52:00 AM More reviews by shady74

I'm a non-believer I'm afraid. IMO it's much more of a highlighter than a concealer and is SO pink that it will only suit a limited amount of people. You can always tell when the wrong people are wearing it as they get like a reverse-panda effect with too much pale going on around the eyes.

Heinously expensive with very little product inside too, so my advice would be that whilst it does genuinely work for some people, it's not a 100% guarantee so do NOT buy this on a whim without testing first!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 11:40:00 AM More reviews by gracejones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Although I love the neat packaging of this little pen and the clickability factor, the product in itself, is expensive and not worthwhile. I really find the colour too pink and unless you have very pink white skin this is not for you. I am very fair but my complexion has golden undertones, yellow if you will. I think the consistency is good, I do like light concealers but the colour is odd and does me no favours.
This is not the worst concealer I've tried but certainly not a keeper.

I'm sticking to my Jane Iredale concealer....

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by ilookcool

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Honestly, I don't know if this does anything for me or not. Or maybe the effect is too subtle for me to notice? It does lighten my dark circles a bit, but as a brow/cheekbone/nose bridge highlighter, I really don't know if it does anything. Oh well, won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by zwinky

This product has truely been a lifesaver for me. i Have always suffered from terrible dark circles and this covers them up brilliantly it instantly makes me look wide awake and fresh faced. It can look a little cakey after a bit if you put it on too thick, but if you use it right it's just fine and lasts most of the day. I use this concealer under my eye, over my eyelid and up to my eyebrow you'll find it makes the skin so much brighter looking. I understand how you can look at the price and cringe but i think it's definitely worth it because of the effectiveness and the amount of time it lasts. My last one lasted about 6 months and i use a lot of this stuff everyday. Highly recommendable.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really don't like this product. Though I'm quite young and i don't have any undereye dark circles or problems (yet), so i'm guessing this product is a bit wasted on me-I'm assuming with all the hype this must at least work for someone though?!!! From a practical point of view, i don't like the push pen idea cos sooo much of the product comes out on the brush (no one needs to use thaaat much in one go surely?). I tried it on my mum (who has very dark circles under her eyes) and i have to admit it did do a little something for her. But if you don't have any need for concealer then i can't see the need for this product......especially as putting makeup (ie. concealer) on the delicate eye area will just damage and age the skin more (no?)! I reckon you'd be better off finding an undereye cream that prevents/reduces the appearance of darkcircles/undereye issues rather than just concealing them.