April 18, 2014 | 1868 users online

Highlighters - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 1

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2011 8:52:00 AM More reviews by shady74

I'm a non-believer I'm afraid. IMO it's much more of a highlighter than a concealer and is SO pink that it will only suit a limited amount of people. You can always tell when the wrong people are wearing it as they get like a reverse-panda effect with too much pale going on around the eyes.

Heinously expensive with very little product inside too, so my advice would be that whilst it does genuinely work for some people, it's not a 100% guarantee so do NOT buy this on a whim without testing first!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 11:40:00 AM More reviews by gracejones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Although I love the neat packaging of this little pen and the clickability factor, the product in itself, is expensive and not worthwhile. I really find the colour too pink and unless you have very pink white skin this is not for you. I am very fair but my complexion has golden undertones, yellow if you will. I think the consistency is good, I do like light concealers but the colour is odd and does me no favours.
This is not the worst concealer I've tried but certainly not a keeper.

I'm sticking to my Jane Iredale concealer....

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by ilookcool

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Honestly, I don't know if this does anything for me or not. Or maybe the effect is too subtle for me to notice? It does lighten my dark circles a bit, but as a brow/cheekbone/nose bridge highlighter, I really don't know if it does anything. Oh well, won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by zwinky

This product has truely been a lifesaver for me. i Have always suffered from terrible dark circles and this covers them up brilliantly it instantly makes me look wide awake and fresh faced. It can look a little cakey after a bit if you put it on too thick, but if you use it right it's just fine and lasts most of the day. I use this concealer under my eye, over my eyelid and up to my eyebrow you'll find it makes the skin so much brighter looking. I understand how you can look at the price and cringe but i think it's definitely worth it because of the effectiveness and the amount of time it lasts. My last one lasted about 6 months and i use a lot of this stuff everyday. Highly recommendable.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really don't like this product. Though I'm quite young and i don't have any undereye dark circles or problems (yet), so i'm guessing this product is a bit wasted on me-I'm assuming with all the hype this must at least work for someone though?!!! From a practical point of view, i don't like the push pen idea cos sooo much of the product comes out on the brush (no one needs to use thaaat much in one go surely?). I tried it on my mum (who has very dark circles under her eyes) and i have to admit it did do a little something for her. But if you don't have any need for concealer then i can't see the need for this product......especially as putting makeup (ie. concealer) on the delicate eye area will just damage and age the skin more (no?)! I reckon you'd be better off finding an undereye cream that prevents/reduces the appearance of darkcircles/undereye issues rather than just concealing them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

I have just very light undereye discoloration, but I've never been happy with any undereye concealer. I hate when it creases, or looks too unnaturally light, or just gets gross. Touche Eclat, however, changed everything! I bought it on a whim as I had a $20USD VIB card from Sephora, basically giving me half off. I'd heard raves about it for ages, and now that I own it and have been using it for three weeks, I love it too. It's very easy to apply and blend, and just looks like "look at me, I'm so rested and refreshed," not "look at me, I'm trying to cover up darkness with pure white!" I'm MAC NC20-25, and this shade was definitely my best match. I also like to use it where I get red, such as around my nose or mouth during the winter. To set it, I apply MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light Medium with a 224 brush just under my eyes or around the nose/mouth/chin. It does double as a great light concealer, which is nice when you don't want to be weighed down by product. It still leaves me looking dewy, fresh, and natural. I love the pen applicator, since it is super easy to take anywhere. A fantastic product that I will continue to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by ranger2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great under eye brightener that also doubles as a concealer. This gives me nice coverage with a subtle highlight. This product also has nice staying power and is very simple to use. Very happy with this purchase, definitely will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by fiby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to give this a try because all the rave reviews every makeup artist in the world has given it, but after a month of use, I must say I'm not that impressed. I have naturally very dark undereyes and this has nothing to do with concealer in my opinion. I prefer Helena Rubinstein's Magic Concealer for that job. So I use Toche Eclat for highlighting only and it does it decently. Still I can't understand what's the fuzz is all about and don't think I'll buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Very nice as a very subtle highlighter. Not greasy at all! I sometimes use for my dark circles. I'm N15 (leaning toward NC) & I like #1 for a highlighter.

CONS: Expensive. Too thin for bad circles.

ALTERNATES: HE - Chanel Eclat Lumiere (I think it's even more divine than this.) For a bit of subtle shimmer, Laura Mercier's Secret Brightener.

REMOVAL TIPS: If using this for more than the eyes and you are prone to clogging, you may want to remove this with a cleansing oil before using your regular cleanser.

*****There are more reviews for this in the primer/corrector category. (I don't know why it's under that category.)********

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2010 1:44:00 AM More reviews by jmsk112486

I am an absolute total makeup junkie. If it is on the market I've probably tried it. However, I resisted buying the YSL Touche Eclat because a. I thought I don't under eye concealer, b. it can't be that great, and c. its damn expensive for such a little thing. Now that I've tried it, it pretty nulls all of the above. I got mine during FF sale and first I tried the sample. I hated the sample because it felt really thick and seemed to move my foundation around. I decided to try the actual product and OMG; it's totally awesome! I look rested, awake and literally glowing. I love the way it look and feels so far. Best of all it doesn't seem to settle into my non-existent wrinkles that some under eye concealer is prone to (looking at Bobbi Brown, Benefit) I think every need under eye concealer, you just have the find the right one... I think I found mine.