January 26, 2015 | 1039 users online

Polishes - OPI - I'm Not Really A Waitress

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by coffeecupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a great red color, a must have for every collection. In normal light, it's just a matte red. In dim lighting, it's a deep blood red, with subtle shine. And in lots of light, it's very shimmery, and has little pink shimmers in it. It's a very unique and interesting color, and beautiful. It can look a little vampish on long nails, but in a good way. So if you want a staple red, get this!
The only con is that it becomes gloomy very easily in the bottle. But add some thinner and it should be fine. Will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by catn2kittens

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful dark red for my pale skin, it can look a tiny bit brownish to me in some lights which i don't like, but for the most part it is a deep blood-red with a slight shimmer.

Regardless of whether I personally love the colour I would have to give this 5 stars for:

1. Application - smooth to apply, opaque and flawless in 2 coats.
2. Staying power - I took it off after 5 days because i got a new colour i wanted to try, but it was still perfect, tiny bit of tip wear because I type all day.
3. Longevity - I have had the same bottle for 11 years and it is still perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 5:49:00 AM More reviews by LexAndTheCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this one. It looks good year round, whether I'm tanned or snow white. The shimmer isn't over the top and it's a true red, even if a little bit dark. Wears well, stays on. One of those go to polishes when you can't make your mind up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2011 3:51:00 AM More reviews by Ajarant

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh my gah :) memories!! i remember seeing this on a lady and asking her what it was, then laughing with her over the name. as soon as i got off work that day i got a pedi with it and its my go-to if i dont already have something else in mind! love love love this color :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 3:42:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've worn I'm Not Really a Waitress when I forget to bring my polish to the nail shop. It's a bright red with shimmer ~ nothing spectacular in my opinion. It does wear well, because it is a shimmer polish. I'd say this shade can be worn year round, especially in So CA, were we wear sandals all year round. I am so surprised that this is the #1 OPI shade on MUA. I would of thought it would have been one of the vamp shades. I won't buy this product...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by theminx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't think I've ever had such a strong reaction to a nail polish colour. I really hate this on me! I'm NC45-50 and I have this on my toes right now. It applies opaque in one coat, but I used two coats anyway which makes it look exactly like the color in the bottle. The prominent fuchsia tones and the over-the-top shimmer just looks obnoxious. I don't find that the colour clashes with my yellow-toned skin, but the colour itself is just garish and I think it looks kinda trashy. I tried it on my fingernails but it was so un-pretty I removed it immediately. OPI says this is one of their top-selling polishes, so I have to assume it looks good on other skintones. I only own this polish is cos it was sent to me by mistake in an online order and they didn't want it back.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by love4lacquer

This is okay.. I actually am a fan of red polish.. but this one had so much hype around it that I was expecting more. It looks nice on my nails.. and its a pretty colour, but it is nothing special to me.

I love OPI polishes though, and the formula, brushes, bottles, everything. This specific colour just wasn't one I fell in love with..

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 9:20:00 AM More reviews by d0r1s

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by silly_lisa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this polish...on my toes, and on other people. I gave myself a manicure with it yesterday because I was craving a shimmery red, but, weirdly, it seems a little dull for my NC25 skin. I know that this works for a ton of other people, and I can totally see why, but it's just not a perfect red for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 2:17:00 PM More reviews by SEHavens

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this shade of red. The name is great, and wears well. Two coats works for me. I get compliments on this as well. I get mine at cosmo prof. so, it's only $4 ...so that's where the 2 comes in on price. I would pay the avg. $8 for OPI though. Love this brand. 4 for pkg. I like Nicole's bottle better (easier holding) I always have a bottle of this in my stash.