Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 6% Titanium dioxide 5.6% Inactive ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Aluminum hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Magnesium sulfate, Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene glycol, Polyurethane, BHT, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

on 11/8/2014 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Beautiful natural, fresh, light finish. Perfection. The best. But - terrible staying power. After 3 hours it begins to melt and disappear from the skin - even with primer, powder on top, ud finishing spray. After 5 hours in the office - nothing is left on my skin (i have normal skin). Conclusion: best finish, worst staying power.

on 11/6/2014 9:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I really enjoyed this product - nice light/medium coverage with a light, natural feeling. I dabbed some on my cheeks and blended with a brush for application. It always looked flawless and never cake-y or greasy. I love the light scent, too. It makes me feel so fresh when I use it.

Unfortunately, I am too fair even for the lightest shade of this product. I have NC15 skin and tried using the lightest shade - 12 Beige Rose - and it was still too orangey. It was less noticeable with a good amount of blending, and especially more passable in the summer. But with winter coming on I just can't make it work anymore... I plan on buying this again next spring/summer when I'll be out in the sun more. I will miss it!

Tl;dr - Great product, but not a great option if you're super pale.

on 11/2/2014 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I really like this foundation. Nice medium coverage, looks somewhat skinlike. I find it does settle lines here and there, one particular line between my brows that it settles right into :( I have medium dry skin and I think this is too drying for my skin in the winter. It looks best when i wear it over sunscreen.. I think that just means I need more moisturizing foundation.

on 10/30/2014 9:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This foundation is just beautiful. It smells lovely, feels light and fresh on your skin, and the coverage and finish are just stunning - glowing, but in a natural way, and without imperfections. It glides over dry patches without highlighting them and reduces small pimples and redness to nothing. I bought this for my 21st birthday party and I didn't realise there was SPF in it at the time, but it actually looks gorgeous in photos too - but maybe that's because I'm so pale already I can't tell if there's a white cast! At any rate, it just looks flawless. Easiest, prettiest, most comfortable foundation I've ever used. Staying power is pretty awesome too considering it's not marketed for that! Oil control is average but it stays on in spite of that. Overall just a really beautiful product that is a pleasure to use - and doing your makeup should be a good experience, after all!

on 10/26/2014 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Let's get straight onto the review.

CLAIMS:
* easy application.
* lightweight formula achieves "second skin finish".
* luminous glowing "nude" skin.
* and just random off translations...

Claims... well, to be expected, it's very "sensually pleasing to listen to". I guess. The easy application, the lightweight formula, second skin finish, skin that radiates "nude" (I still don't know what that means)? It's done all that.

Except the undiscovered "nude" part...

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:
*covering texture, application, etc etera.
FEELS: (love) water based products are absolutely lovely and I think this is one of the lightest feeling foundations to the touch.
SMELL: (love) the fragrance of this... smells like any other makeup, but is diluted and slightly floral, old-school. I enjoy it.
TEXTURE: (love) water based, once again, strikes a home ball.
PIGMENTATION: (love) this dries into a sheer finish but it's so buildable! Goes to a medium coverage that covers my under eye circles, veins, redness, and even my blemish marks.
FINISH: (love) natural and radiant just as it claims... lovely as it also doesn't settle into fine lines and masks pores.

APPLICATION: (love) first layer must be with fingers. Sponges and brushes can come after, but for that first layer and when you first put it on the skin, the fingers are your best bet.
MY APPLICATION PROCESS:
#1: Apply over the face using fingers.

WEAR OF PRODUCT:
TIME: (love) surprisingly, this lasts a fairly long time... eight hours before getting my shiny, and with a setting powder, nearly all day...
LOOKS: (love) it doesn't settle into fine lines and looks natural until around this eight hour mark.
WEAR: (eh) like all makeup, it rubs off onto clothing if you scrap, but it's definitely much more stronger than the other BB creams that I have.
REACTION: (eh) nothing bad happened, but nothing good either.
REMOVAL: (eh) fairly easy to remove, but since so much product stays on the skin throughout the day, I always have the double cleanse, using facial wipes prior to my cleansing oil--just in case.

THE PACKAGING:
TRAVEL: (love) plastic makes for easy travel.
SPECIFICS: (eh) the paint bottle is expected, but I feel like from Chanel, they could have done something to make it not so simple.
VANITY: (eh) not the best, but the simplicity of it makes it quite nice.

Very expensive, around fifty dollars.
Even for the price, it's a lovely product and I seriously love it. Flash back in photos? I haven't tried that yet, but since it's a favourite from a lot of makeup artists, I'm assuming it doesn't.
GREAT FOR SHADING. Using 30 Beige around the jawline and on the sides of the nose and it really gives me a three dimensional look!
For makeup: LOVELY.
For skincare: NOT BENEFICIAL, BUT LIGHT AND EASY TO USE.
For dazzling up your vanity?: SIMPLE DESIGN MAKES IT A PLEASANT SIGHT.

on 10/23/2014 9:52:00 PM

HG. This baby is my go-to failsafe foundation, day in day out for the last 3 years. I'm on my 3rd bottle.

I'm NC30-35, half Asian, combination and sensitive skin, freckles.

I prefer a natural makeup look and want a fast flawless application. I apply this in the morning with my fingers (if it's a new bottle remember to shake it A LOT because the formula will separate and turn watery) and don't need to worry about my face for the rest of the day (easily 14 hours).

This foundation evens out my skintone and covers up all redness without any caking. My skin looks beautiful and fresh, and my freckles show through. There is no oxidation and if it fades throughout the day it is not noticeable. It's also buildable for the odd blemish (I don't even use concealer any more).

Absolute godsend. Perfect for daytime but not the best for flash photography at night - I'm currently using Scott Barnes foundation in Camel if I need a more "done" look for evenings that covers my freckles.

on 10/22/2014 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am not oily or even combo and this was oily on me in 3 hours. I am dry/normal and its Fall where my skin usually begins to become more dry than normal. This became an oily mess on my face within 3 hours and looked cakey. It provides minimal coverage and the only pro to this is how nice my skin looked at the START. After 2 hours it begins to break down. I don't normally HAVE to set my foundation, but with this I had to.

I would not recommend this to anyone honestly. For the price of this I find this unacceptable.

on 10/16/2014 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've been wearing Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua for about 2 years now. I wear it as my daily foundation. Love it because it's lightweight (watery consistency), and (the most important thing!) doesn't break me out. My skin is dry sensitive and I have some acne scars. I'm NC40 in MAC but I use Vitalumiere Aqua in B40 which is a bit lighter than my skintone when I first apply it. After about 1-2 hours, the color looks more natural on my skin. I only set it with powder on my t-zone during the warmer months. During colder months I prefer not to set it with powder at all to keep the dewy finish so that my skin won't look too dry.

PROS:
- Lightweight
- Satin finish - it looks dewy when you first apply it, but after about one hour it turns into satin finish on my skin
- Compact and sleek packaging - I travel a lot and I can easily carry it in my purse
- Long lasting - at least on my skin it could last up to 8 hours on me without retouch (one layer)
- Has SPF 15

Cons:
- Expensive
- Limited color selection (especially for women of color) - B shades (B10-B50) have yellow undertone while BR shades (BR10-BR50) have more pink undertone
- Sheer finish (though build able) - if you prefer medium to heavy coverage, you might not like this foundation
- I never like its strong floral scents (though it doesn't irritate my skin)

on 10/8/2014 7:57:00 PM

I bought this foundation because i had been looking for something more light coverage. When i put it on my face, it felt so light and airy and smelled amazing. I thought there was no way it would last/look good on my skin.
I love this foundation so much. It smells super good and looks like you are not wearing any makeup and also feels that way. Surprisingly, it gives good coverage for a water based foundation. You really do not need a whole lot of it to cover your face which is also very surprising. It glides on so beautifully and it gives off a glow without feeling sticky. I have recieved so many compliments while wearing this foundation.
There is only one bad thing. The packaging could be better. I am not fond of how you can't see how much is left. There really is no way to tell how much is left.
Overall, I am obsessed with this foundation. Lasts long, smells great, gives you that glow. I definitely will be purchasing again.

on 9/27/2014 4:49:00 PM

The foundation would be great if they had the shade 21 beige ocre not just in asian this shade would match me better because 10 was too light 20 too dark. Also alcohol is high up in the ingredient list and dried out my sensitive combinatination skin. This has light coverage doesn't cover redness and settles into pores finelines and pitted acne scars plus it doesn't blur imperfections it way to runny. As the name saids aqua true like water.
The only great thing is the packaging come in a small plastic bottle.