April 16, 2014 | 1774 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by HeidiDriesen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is my go-to foundation.
It just hydrating enough, but not too much, so it doesn't make me greasy.
I am very light so I use the BR22 - Beige Rosé
It's a sheer cover, but enough to hide redness, ...
Still need a concealer under my eyes and for blemishes.
I apply it with a foundation brush, in my opinion that gives the best result, plus I don't like touching my face with my hands to much because it is so so sensitive.
Tried other foundations, but find myself going back too the Vitalumiere Aqua every time.
The only thing I always think about is the price, but it's worth every euro!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Annalouise91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. I have pretty oily skin especially in my Tzone so I do have to blot maybe once or twice but I've come to accept that this is just a given. It's so light weight & goes on great. It definitely doesn't give you a lot of coverage but I love it for work. Gives me a nice light weight & natural finish. The price for this here in Aus is pretty expensive ($77 I believe) but I will definitely purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Hilda0414

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Yes, it is relatively expensive at $45 an ounce, but I only use a little and only on areas that NEED coverage, so it is proving to last a long bit. I use a 30 SPF lotion under it as SPF in any foundation is not sufficient. My skin color is light to medium with a yellow, not rose, base so I use color 30 which is an amazing match.

Shake well and it melts into your complexion but leaves a nice, not drying, finish and lasts...almost a powder like finish. Get so many compliments on flawless skin when I wear it and I just turned 60!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by roisinbelfast

Amazing! Have you got dry skin? Go buy this! It's my everyday foundation and I love love love it! It's fab! Go buy it! X

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by thekooks

Vitalumiere Aqua is by far my most favourite everyday foundation I have ever used!
The colour matches my skin perfectly, and the foundation blends like a dream. Make sure to shake it well before using, and apply with fingers or a brush for a flawless finish.
I would say light-medium coverage but its very buildable and still looks very natural.
Its very light and makes my skin still feel like skin, but still covers redness and blemishes very well (especially if you build it)
I have acne thats fading but still red and visible, but this foundation covers it perfectly and gives me a flawless finish, but still looks really natural! Its a semi-matte finish so for me it lasts long as its not too dewy, but still gives a healthy glow.
If you are thinking about buying this foundation, I recommend that you do (try it out first) because I love it so much!

Last thing- many people complain about the packaging, and although its not the most luxurious packaging ever, its very handy to travel with and is very handy :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Kayyy45

really, rely nice product. I love it. It's pretty thin but good coverage actually. It is waterbased, which I find actually makes it stay on better. But make sure to shake it before using it, or else it's all seperated and weird. Also I suggest having the girls at the chanel counter color match you because the product is pretty expensive so that would be a bummer to have a color that looks weird on you. Usually people tell me to buy makeup with a yellowish tint because I have redness on my skin and it's supposed to cancel out the redness, but at chanel they actually suggested a color that had pinkish undertones which works great on me because it blends right into my skin but stilll covers well. I think it is definitely worth the price. Really nice finish and does not make my skin any more oily at all. Love it

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by shauna510

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not loving this foundation. It doesn't seem to blend or melt into the skin. It looks like it is just sitting on top of the skin and is very un-natural looking. It has a subtle sheen to it, but the texture is weird. I feel like a vampire in the twilight movies or something. Also, the coverage is good but it seems to accentuate other flaws like fine lines, pores, and ANY dryness. After freshly applied with a straight face, it looks flawless; but when moving the face AT ALL, it kind of crinkles up and makes my skin look worse than it is. I was using it every day just to use it up but couldn't bear it any longer and finally threw it out. I wanted to love this but unfortunately it did not work for me. After trying many many many foundations, I'm finding that my favorite ones are from the drug store. (Revlon colorstay for oily skin, revlon colorstay whipped, cover girl 3 in 1 to name a few) Weird, but kinda cool ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Alexacelineazka84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

its my runner up favorite liquid foundie.first position chanel mat lumiere.however sometime i like it more than chanel ML coz more light coverage. its very watery. .very lightweight..like u nothing put foundie in u face..shake 30x and u get creamy consistency.
Mine shade b20 in my face nc 20 asian very yellow skin tone its look bronzey ashy i set with lighter loose powder.
But it make my face look polished very stunning.staying power average until 5 hours slightly disappear.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by indiarosebird

I loved this foundation but it just did not suit my skin type at all.

I have combination skin of very sensitive, prone to eczema, sometimes dry. I occasionally can get an oily t-zone and although I have very clear skin and only tend to get pimples when Im hormonal.

Id like to point out that id never used a liquid foundation before this product, I just use a bit of concealer and a covering powder.

I thought Id give this foundation a try and it was just beautiful. Goes on very easily, and didnt find I needed to use much. Gave my skin a beautiful soft, natural, radiant feel, not at all greasy and not cakey at all. I never found the need to re-apply throughout the day. And it made my skin look FLAWLESS! As if I had been photoshopped! I didnt even find the need to apply concealer afterwards over blemishes, the foundation seemed to cover everything yet felt so light. I hardly felt like I was wearing makeup I received a lot of compliments on how great my skin looked whenever I wore this.

HOWEVER. Being as I have very sensitive skin which is prone to breaking out with some products, I noticed in the first few weeks of using this, I started to get extremely painful cystic lumps on my chin and forehead. I thought it couldnt be the foundation (I didnt want it to be, I loved it too much! It also states the foundation is 'non-comedogenic' meaning it wont block pores...though I guess this isnt true for all skin types!). I continued to use this product for about 3-4months, hoping my skin would improve but it didnt. Everyday I would get a new cystic spot on my forehead or chin or cheek and a cluster of others. It was so painful. In the end I had to ditch the foundation, and went back to my normal makeup routine. I tried the foundation again for one day a month later to see if it was definitely the product and I got spots again :(

SO.
If you are used to using liquid foundations and are looking for something new that has a weightless feel and amazing airbrush effects I highly recommend this product. Wish I could have given it 5 stars because it truly is a beautiful foundation.
But, if like me you are quite sensitive, have ultimate combination skin of eczema/breakouts to unfamiliar products I dont recommend this. Something in the ingredients did not agree with my skin at all!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2013 4:59:00 AM More reviews by jewelmeow

this (and chanel perfection lumiere) is probably my least favorite high end foundation - overhyped, overpriced without delivering the quality i expect. first of all, this foundation does not last at all. my skin is oily but with setting powder, liquid foundations last 8 hours on me on average. vitalumiere aqua literally melts off my face in patches within 3 hours despite me using a setting powder - and this is during autumn, when i'm not even that oily! really do not love the foundation. maybe it's just me, but the consistency feels so oily and settles into my pores when i apply it on my face. the shade selection is also horrible. i'm not even that fair skinned and never had problems picking the right shade for other foundations, but even the lightest shade B10 is too dark for me! the smell is perhaps the only positive thing i can say about this foundation - the finish is so so, definitely not as magical as how the youtube gurus rave. the burberry velvet foundation and estee lauder double wear light are so much better in comparison. much better finish, staying power, oily controlling power and packaging. i should have known better when i fished out $60 for a tiny plastic bottle from a luxury brand...