Cover Girl Eye Enhancers

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/1/2008 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I can't even count how many of these little eye shadow singles I've purchased over the years; not to mention the ones that I still own!

Cover Girl, in my opinion, is THE drugstore brand for eye shadows. Eye Enhancer Singles are so inexpensive, you get a lot of makeup, and they are available in so many colours! Plus, I love the dual-ended brush that comes in each compact. It makes it a breeze to stash in your purse for re-applications throughout the day. Because you will most likely need to do so.

WIth Cover Girl Eye Enhancers, you'll expect to do at least one touch-up while you're out. If you use a base of some kind (another cream eye shadow in a neutral or matching shade) or primer, they last a lot better. This eye shadow can also be applied with a wet brush for a really dramatic or bright look. It lasts very well without any sort of base when applied this way.

Cover Girl will always be my first pick for drugstore quality, inexpensive eyeshadow. They will continue to produce fun new shades and well as the classic standbys at affordable prices.

I had three of these I loved (Violete Frappe, a lovely dark purple, Lavender Twist, a medium lavender/purple, and Heather Brulee, a beautiful, shimmery burgundy), but I just found out that Cover Girl is a part of the Procter and Gamble family, which uses animal testing. I'm throwing these shadows out and not using their makeup any longer until they cease.

on 1/22/2008 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I am surprisingly pleased with this DG e/s The sapphire sparkle is a smokey blue and can be layered/blended with other e/s. I blended this with MAC's alum e/s which turned out smokey and pretty, I think I will go buy more colors. .

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I know many girls don't like these shadows because they don't have a lot of pigment in them, which looks more sheer when applied. But that's exactly the reason why I like them, don't get me wrong, I do like high pigment eye shadows. But when I don't feel like having on a dramatic eye shadow, these shadows are perfect for me. I have these cover girl eye shadows in SO many colors. And I choose one wisely to go perfectly with my hair and clothes, I just love how it looks on my eyes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I own so many shades of Cover Girl's eye enhancer shadows. They are, by far, the best drugstore pressed powder eye shadows. They fade pretty easily, though, but can last all day with a good eyeshadow primer! My personal favorite shade is golden sunrise =]

on 1/12/2008 4:13:00 AM

I have been using this product in Pink Champagne and I LOVE it. It goes on nice, doesn't get creasey. I always get complemented on my eyes. And you can't beat the price. Under $3

on 1/2/2008 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

i have found that these eyeshadows just do not give coverage at all. you have to layer and layer and layer to get something that looks good, and once you do, it wears off quickly.

on 12/17/2007 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely love this eyeshadow! the best ive ever used! it is perfect. it has a touch of shimmer and nice blendable colors that last all day. highly reccomend!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 12/16/2007 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

ive used this in champagne for years as well as many otheer colors. i think it is quite great for a drugstore brand. i find that it blends better, is more pigmented and stays better than other DS brands. it usually lasts most of the day. ( i do not have an oily lid problem) i find this to be a decent alternative to more expensive brands. i will use over and over again.

on 11/18/2007 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have this in Berries & Cream, which is a purple and light pink palette that works well with my brown eyes. It goes on well and stays on a long time without creasing. It does go on pretty sheer, but layers well, so it's possible to intensify the color somewhat. It's great for a day at work or a casual outing, but not if you're looking for night time drama.