September 1, 2014 | 2020 users online

Loose Powders - Coty - Airspun Loose Face Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Annabellapop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love it. It sets my makeup and doesnt shine. It has a pleasent smell to it too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by eyesopen33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been wearing this in Naturally Neutral for years. I have tried both corn silk and rice powders, but this one is the best for my skin. They are still making this product for a reason, because it is that good.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by tllsmi

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this powder...I always used Maybelline Shine free pressed powder to set my makeup when I was younger and for about a year I used Baby powder because the pressed powder made my skin look cakey but I can't stand shine and even though my skin is dry I still do have alittle shine midway thru the day on my T-zone (chin, nose and forehead). I saw this at CVS while waiting for a prescription and bought it and I absolutely LOVE it!! The big fluffy puff works really well and makes my makeup and skin look so nice and smells so nice, it reminds me of the Cornsilk makeup I used in high school back in the 60's and 70's. It lasts thru out the day and I rarely have to use pressed powder anymore. It is cheap and is worth the try!! I think I paid around $7.00 for it...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by loveintheasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Actually I was out looking for for Black Opal's brand of translucent powder, but since it wasn't any where in my immediate area, I picked this up from my nearby CVS. Pretty apprehensive, I put it on after my foundation and it was ashy at first, but after I gave it a few minutes to "settle", it was matte and perfect. I'm not a super oily girl, but it kept it in check in 80 degree weather, good stuff. 2 drawbacks: it was quite the b*tch to open at first and the scent although pleasant reminded me of an older woman. I can overlook the latter. Oh, and the puff that came with it was useless, so I used my own. Otherwise great product. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this setting powder! I have used a lot of products over the years and this is one of the best loose powders I have found. No wonder it has been used for generations of beautiful women. I use the powder pouf that comes with it to apply it and then use my fluffy brush to dust off the excess from my face. This looks a little white when I first apply it but then after using my big fluffy brush it blends right in and looks natural without making my makeup look caked on or "powdered". I use this at 5 am and my makeup still looks fresh when I get home at 7pm. I picked this up on sale which is always a bonus. It seems to be on sale frequently and it is usually in stock and easy to find as most stores I shop at seem to carry it now. I think I have seen it in my local grocery store as well and on sale there too! I have had this for well over a year now and it hardly seems like I have used any at all. The packaging is nice and it pretty enough to leave sitting out on the counter. The fragrance is light and very girly and a hint of floral but it isn't strong and has never caused me any trouble breathing. I am very sensitive to scents due to asthma and some florals really give me trouble, but this powder is a winner all around.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by chimera59

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great powder for setting your makeup. I have the older packaging and have used it every day for nearly two years and it barely has a dent in it. The packaging is elegant and looks vintage (considering it hasn't changed much in 60 years or so, which is great). The power blurs pores and minimizes shine. I use a large brush to dust this over my entire face and underneath my eyes with a smaller brush, and am usually shine-free for the remainder of the day. The price is a steal and I would buy this again. To me, this totally negates the need to spend money on a more expensive drugstore powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 9:36:00 AM More reviews by Misstish1114

Review below I posted incorrectly! This stuff is life changing

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by BelleRosse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Now, Ive tried Honey Beige and Naturally neutral and liked them both. Im somewhere between NV 35- 40.. Honey Beige is more of a peachy shade and naturally neutral is more of a beige/neutral shade. Now off with the shades, coming to the actual performance of this powder..
I use this as an everyday powder foundation. Im a stay at home mom, so i use this as a single application once in the morning and thats it.. Sometimes, if its humid out, or if im doing lot of chores, i might have to touch up once in the evening, but thats it. Ive literally stopped searching for loose powders any more. I like this soo much that im now looking for loose powder compacts so that i can carry it on the go as well.

As i said, that i use this as a powder foundation, in my case i dont have problematic skin, no do i have perfect skin. I do have few freckles & pores on my cheeks, redness around the nose and some slight uneven pigementation(which get covered up with any powder) to start with. This powder doesnt cover up those freckles, but covers up the pores(mean to say, makes them look smaller or blurs them) and neutralizes the redness around the nose. On bad skin days, I layer it further to get that foundation kinda finish, and it doesnt look cakey.

I really like this and this has a permanent spot in my stash. Most people doesnt like the fragrance, but to me, i dont smell any fragrance at all.
The only con is that sometimes, (on a bad skin day) i could see a greyish/ashy tint under some lightings. So this is the only reason that ive ordered BenNye banana powder and topaz powder and im really waiting to compare these both.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Taylorlx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is THE best powder I have ever used! I have this in translucent and it really does live up to all of the hype and good reviews. For one thing, it blurs the pores very well and reduces shine. I have combination skin, it's very dry and flaky in some areas but my T-zone always gets very oily (I mean VERY oily! It looks like I applied olive oil directly onto my forehead nose and chin sometimes!) and this product keeps my face fairly matte looking for a few hours (I'd say 3 on a "bad" skin day, 5 or 6 on a good one) before I need to blot or touch it up. As far as I'm concerned, it really is translucent. I can't see it on my skin at all and it doesn't wash me out in pictures like some people have claimed. However, it is the beginning of the spring so I'm not tan yet, and I do tend to get very dark in the summer so maybe that's when I'll see it, but it's nothing a bit of bronzer can't fix. :) Over full foundation, this powder looks flawless and fantastic, but even on days where I just wear concealer it still looks great. It does have a distinct smell, but I don't mind it at all, and it doesn't smell on the face, either.

All in all, this is a really great product for such a low price. The best powder I've ever tried, and I'll definitely be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2013 4:09:00 AM More reviews by Heath32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I always come back to this stuff; it really is the most finely "spun" face powder I've ever come across. I use it over concealer on minimalist days and it looks great, and it's good for setting foundation and evening out your complexion. I've grown to find the scent comforting; it's that classic smell that some would call "old lady-ish," but it doesn't make your face smell that way, if that's a concern. I apply it with an EcoTools brush, and you can build it and build it - it's difficult to make it look cakey. I tried a different brand of powder and couldn't believe how heavy it looked, because I was so used to the lightness of the Coty powder. My only complaint is that the packaging is very big and bulky - not good for traveling. I was sad to hear people say that it has "bad" ingredients in it.

Update: As much as it pains me to say it, I think I'm going to have to stop using this powder. Isopropyl, especially Isopropyl Palmitate, has been found to be extremely comedogenic when applied regularly and in large amounts. The first ingredient in this powder? Isopropyl Palmitate. I've had constantly clogged pores for years - the only thing in my routine that hasn't changed is this powder, so it seems pretty likely to be the culprit. I took off some lippies for that.