Clinique Almost Lipstick [all shades]

4.3

on 11/5/2002 12:13:00 PM

A classic! These are the best lipsticks and look great on someone like me that has very fair skin. The sheer formulas give a nice shot of color but don't overpower my face.

on 10/20/2002 10:37:00 PM

Has anyone not tried this lipstick in black honey? It truly is an impressive shade that tends to accentuate the natural pigment in a person's lips. However, it does wear off in no time. But that doesn't stop me from re-purchasing it. Excellent product.

on 10/17/2002 9:45:00 PM

I have three of these and I love them- Black Honey, Almost Cocoa (my favorite of the three) and Almost Kissed. The texture is great and they last longer than I expected. The color is nice and sheer.

on 9/7/2002 1:58:00 PM

Black Honey, so far, has been the only lippie I've re-purchased -- three times, in fact! The color is a classic, a sheer, glossy reddish/berry. The only problems are that it doesn't wear off evenly and it has no lasting power at all. The newish Moisture Sheer lippies don't have those problems, yet they aren't really long lasting either. I'm a bit tired of Black Honey, so I don't wear it anymore, but it's a really nice color that would work on many skintones. I also won't be trying any more colors in the Almost Lipstick, because I prefer other sheer lippies, like Stilas.

on 9/5/2002 1:19:00 AM

A few years ago, Black Honey was the ONLY lipstick that I wore. It went on hiatus for a while, but I thought I'd give it a try again. It's a nice semi-glossy wash of color, but the color isn't very even. I prefer VL lip stains now. It is inexpensive enough to where I would still buy it again though.
--edit-- when I got further down the tube, it got smoother and glossier.

on 8/25/2002 11:01:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Black Honey!!!! It's been one of my staples for years and friends have loved it so much, they've gone out and gotten it too. I have another shade or two, the names of which I cannot recall. LOL! I like the thin sleek tube too. This is one of those things I keep all over the place -- home, purse, & office.

on 8/25/2002 1:09:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this lipstick! I have very dry lips, with a tendency to peel all the time. This lipstick is wonderful. Not only does it have SPF 15, and moisterizing power, it contains small micro beads, to exfoilate too! I usually NEVER like lipstick, because they dry out my lips and looks especially bad with my lips so dry. However this is great! Chic silver package, easily fits in places, pretty good price compared to companies like chanel! As of now, this is my only lipstick I've found that I love so much!

on 8/11/2002 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Like all the females on this site, i love black honey. it goes on nice and sheer and you can increase the intensity. This is my favorite almost lipstick color. ( then again i haven't tried the others :)

on 8/11/2002 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The ever-popular "Black Honey" is a beautiful color on me. For all of 15 minutes or so. I can get almost the same look from Cherry Chapstick for a lot cheaper. If you like this, try Maybelline Wet Shine in "Drippin Honey". It's almost the same shade on me. Lasts longer and a better bargain.

on 8/1/2002 9:45:00 AM

I, too, am a fan of "black honey". It is very sheer and imparts an "I just ate a cherry popsicle" color to the lips. 4 stars because for alot less $ I can pick up Smackers Dr. Pepper lip balm which leaves a more sheer color on my lips (with the added bonus of yummy flavor) or Terratints tinted lip balm in "Blaze" which is more pigmented than Dr. Pepper & also has a bit of shimmer. The sleek silver case this comes in is quite pretty though.

Popular Lipsticks