CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Peg-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate and Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've used what seems like hundreds of cleansers over the years. Expensive ones, cheap ones, and so on. This works really well. It foams up nicely and feels really good on the skin. It doesn't strip moisture or anything. Good value size and the price is right too. One of the best, maybe my HG cleanser.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love how clean my face feels after using this. It really does foam up and leave you squeaky clean. It's unscented and does not leave my skin feeling tight. You also can't beat the price, especially for size of the bottle.

Yea, Im returning this to Target, I got a bump on my eye didnt think it was this till my entire face is getting red bumps this is the only new thing beside their lotion and my face itches when i use that
My face feels clean and the lotion makes my skin feel really soft BUT red bumps and break out no thank you
AND my skin is not sensitive

It was ok. Didn't seem to really foam like I thought it would. Not a big deal and cleaned my face pretty well. Unfortunately it made me breakout. I never breakout. I need to go back to my Dove. Never had issues with it.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

HG cleanser!!!!

I have stubborn hormonal acne and break out every month around the mouth in painful, red pimples. I found this cleanser after researching skin care on reddit (/r/skincareaddiction) and this was highly recommended for oily and combination skin.

At the time, I had breakouts AND dry flakes. It was awful and no makeup could cover it up. I started using this cleanser and it's gentle and takes off all makeup (even my long wear foundation and mascara). It's truly unscented and foams nicely. You don't need a lot - a dime-sized amount goes a long way. The bottle is quite large and at first I felt like $15 was a lot to pay, but since you barely need any each time it's lasted me many months. I can't remember when I first purchased it, but it's been at least 6 months and I've just bought my second bottle.

The dry flakes and most of my acne has disappeared. I do use a salicylic acid cleansing pad and the Cerave tub cream after this as part of my nightly routine and this has helped me have "normal" skin, or as close as I can get. I've even been able to switch to a mineral foundation and stop using the heavy coverage liquid foundation I was using before.

5 stars!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Best cleanser ever!! I never thought I'd like a cleanser so much. I've tried philosphy's purity made simple one step facial cleanser and it broke me out, and on beautypedia it said that it has some harsh ingredients that actually irritate and damage skin in the long run (irritation can lead to more breakouts). I also tried Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Oil Reducing Cleanser and it broke me out too and didn't clean that well so I had clogged pores. This cleanser feels so nice and doesn't feel harsh on the skin, therefore no irritation. I go in with my bioderma sensibio h2o cleanser with a cotton pad after this and seriously nothing comes off (except when I use a really heavy face of makeup like when I go to clubs and other ocasions a little bit of dirt comes off in the cotton pad but it's nothing that wouldn't come off using a toner as well). This has helped reduce my mild acne, something no cleanser ever did for my skin. For people with oily acne prone skin like myself, you must try it. Either you won't like it and you can pass it on to someone which I doubt, or you will find your holy grail cleanser. I've only been using it for about three days and the results are unbelievable, I can't imagine what it would do to my skin with continued use, I'm excited to see :)
P.S. it's cheap, drugstore available, you get 12 oz, and it comes with a pump, what else could you ask for ;)

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

works well with my super sensitive acne prone skin

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

I found the Holy Grail of drugstore cleansers!!! I've already re-purchased this at least 3 times since I discovered it a year ago. I have never re-purchased a cleanser product because I never found one that really did anything more for my skin other than wash away makeup so I was constantly searching for "The One". I was battling acne for over 20 years when I saw that this made Total Beauty's Top 14 list of best cleansers. One review said that it was gentle, pH balanced, non-drying, contains hyaluronic acid and ceramides so I was intrigued. The morning after I first cleansed with it, I instantly saw improvement in my skin and by the third day, my acne was already clearing up. Within a week, my skin went through a complete transformation and I have been able to keep acne away ever since. My skin never feels dry if I skip moisturizer and my pores, acne scars and marks feel like they are less visible because of the plumping effects of the hyaluronic acid. I produce much less oil than before because of the pH balance. The most surprising about this cleanser is how effective it really cleans. Usually in order to get the deepest clean, I would have to buy harsh cleansers that stripped the skin but this is so gentle yet it really takes out every trace of dirt from the pores. I cannot give this product enough praise. In order to get the best results from this, I would highly recommend using a makeup remover first to loosen everything and then cleanse with a facial cleansing brush to lift debris out of the pore with the bristles.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

HG STATUS CLEANSER! This cleanser + my olay face brush + 50 mg of spirolactone has completely cleared my skin. No active acne besides some blackheads on the chin/ nose area. This used in combination with the olay brush makes my skin silky and refreshed at night, and when I wake up in the morning. I always find SOMETHING that I don't like about a product. Surprisingly, no complaints here. I have gone through horrific initial breakouts with skincare products, so it was nice to find something that worked from the beginning!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

My HG cleanser for the past 3 years. This stuff has been with me through the best and worst of my acne troubles, never irritating or breaking me out. This is a simple cleanser that gets the job done, especially for those with oily/combination skin. Though it removes some makeup, I recommend using a makeup remover beforehand to make sure nothing gets left behind on your skin that could cause breakouts. The CeraVe line is perfect for anyone undergoing acne treatments. Now that I'm 100% clear thanks to Spironolactone, I'm sticking with this product.