September 18, 2014 | 1455 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Foaming Facial Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by jenglund

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I thought these CeraVe products were contributing to breakouts at first, but over several months of consistent use I've realized this and the AM/PM moisturizers are actually godsends for my skin.

My skin is healthy, relatively clear, and plumper looking after using these products. No matter what other stuff rotates through my routine, these are staples I'll always rely on and come back to when the newest cool thing leaves me irritated and broken out or ruddy.

This stuff is my old faithful. Not drying for me, takes off sunscreen and eye makeup with two washes, gentle, and after I'm done I almost feel like I didn't even put anything on my face (in a good way). I love it.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by girrlbot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is all time favorite cleanser and I've already repurchased it! It's very gentle and effective. It removes makeup like a charm and it doesn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry. My facial redness and minor acne cleared up immensely after I started using this months ago. I'll never be without it! Thanks r/SkincareAddiction for teaching me about this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Trolo123

Really Good!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by LeiMar86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So far so good! i bought this along with the AM and PM moisturizers in the hopes that using gentle products would help my minor acne and clogged pores. I really like this cleanser, although it doesn't remove my eye makeup if I forget to take it off beforehand. After using all three products consistantly together for the past month or so, I can definitely tell a difference in my skin; its a lot smoother and brighter. My skin never feels tight or "squeaky clean" after rinsing, just smooth and soft. I used to use Cetaphil for normal skin, and while I love that, and find it is very comparable to the CeraVe, I like that the CeraVe is unscented. Cetaphil has a very fake artificially sweet scent that I can't stand anymore.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 3:21:00 AM More reviews by slidingdoors

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been looking for months for a gentle facial wash that doesn't worsen the condition of my sensitive skin. This did not work for me - made my skin red and irritated, worsened my perioral dermatitis.
I think my facial skin reacts badly to the niacinamide in some Cerave products. However, my body skin does really well with the normal Cerave body moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by palmbeachgirl

I bought this in hopes that it would get rid of these skin tone bumps on my face from lovely Proactiv. I purchased it at Kmart for 7.00$ on sale . After using for a week my bumps are 50% better!!! It washes off my makeup very well and leaves my skin feeling clean. I am super happy!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by iceboi

This product is Amazing! Holy grail product for me! I am currently on the Acne.org regimen and was hunting for a foaming cleanser that is cheaper and good for acne prone skin. This one takes it all! The cleanser has good packaging and foams like crazy. Its suitable for Combination to oily skin. Removes makeup and cleanses the skin all in one is what i am looking for. I buy this from Shoppers Drug Mart (Canadian) for $12.99 SALE price but print a $2 off coupon from their facebook page which gets it down to $10.99 and usually stock up on 5 bottles. I run thru these like water gets used up fast one bottle lasts me a good 5 weeks. You definitely have to moisturise after using this tho those that find and say its drying well its only drying if you do not use anything after if you want hydrating then you should move on to the Hydrating Cleanser type. I find the combination of this cleanser with Acne.org BP Treatment and the CeraVe Lotion makes an amazing combination!I would definetly repurchase this cleanser and continue on using. Its better than Philosophy Purity Cleanser !!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

I don't see what's supposed to be so great about this cleanser. It's pretty drying on my combo/oily skin, it doesn't lather up or rinse off easily, and I'm not seeing any of the benefits that are mentioned in some of the other reviews- like acne control and glowing skin. It's just not doing anything for me. In fact I started breaking out after I started using this which was a surprise I didn't want.
Too bad this product isn't a winner for me because it's good value for the price, big 12oz bottle for about $15. But I won't be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 2:44:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I prefer this cleanser over Paula's Choice Skin Recovery cleanser. It has a lighter consistency and removes makeup well without drying out my skin or irritating my eyes. (two important factors for me)
It's fragrance free and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. (rosacea and hormonal acne)

Plus the pump container is easier to use and there is no spillage of product on the sides of the bottle.
I don't have to order it online and wait for it to arrive in the mail. I can go to the drugstore and get it and if there's a sale, even better.

If you're looking a good cleanser that removes makeup without stripping your skin, this is worth checking out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Solacitaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So I just want to say I was recommended this by a doctor & was hesitant solely because it was a drugstore product and I was using GM Collins which cleansers in Canada were at least 45$ without tax. But it's been a week so far & I see such a huge improvement. My acne scars are fading and my hormonal acne is healing. Now I've read quite a lot of reviews & just want to say a few things: number one, too people with oily skin as funny as this sounds after cleansing MOISTURIZE with an oil free product because it helps your skin feel less dehydrated; hence no need for the skin to produce a ton of oil.

When reading the following rules please don't let ones like below re route you. If you get a oil free paraben free face moisturizer, you should be fine. And if you have dry skin using this the bottle says normal to oily. Cerave has a hydrating face wash for all you dry skin folks.

Whenever I used it, my face never felt totally clean, and oddly enough felt tight and dry."

"This is exactly my experience. I was so excited to try this. My skin feels tight like I haven't rinsed but then it totally dries out. (I have the stuff for normal to oily skin) It is the first product I have used that actually feels like it is damaging my skin :("

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Don't let those comments give you doubt. And if your still worried ask your doctor