August 22, 2014 | 1948 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Volume

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by NiecyBaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm not head over heels in love with this mascara. Definitely not HG worthy. But I like it. I bought this in the regular formula instead of the waterproof. And normally I only wear waterproof mascara. But the regular formula actually holds up really well. In terms of regular wear it flakes a lot less than my previous waterproof mascara. And no raccoon eyes! No matter how many coats I add it never clumps. But it hasn't had the dramatic voluminous effect I was hoping to get out of this.

One issue I have is similar to another reviewer. There's no way I can use this without getting mascara on my upper eyelids. It always leaves a line of mascara there and stops me from really using the brush at its full potential. No matter how light I try and apply or not even getting near the base of my lashes I still get residue. Which I remove with a cotton swab dipped in makeup remover.

I think the packaging is cute, I love the bright orange color. I wish the tube removed a bit more excess mascara off the wand though. There's always some extra that I have to wipe off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Edited to add: I'm LOVING THIS. It's a year later and this is my HG. I hate the ugly orange bulky tube, but this is worth putting up with it. At least you can find it on a dark night in the bottom of a black purse in a dimly lit room. And it's cheap so you can replace it every 3 months like the eye doctors prefer.

This gives me enough volume on my lashes with 2 swipes that I don't need liner anymore. YAY! My lashes are separated, defined and thick. No clumps, no flakes, no panda circles under the eyes, no tearing up, no red rims, no itching. Just all day performance. Lasts till you take it off, and I use the regular formula so it comes off easily with cleanser and water. It is tenacious, you do have to work at it, but you don't need extra makeup remover.

When I first started I thought I felt a little itchy with it, but that seems to have gone away. Maybe it was a bad tube or something. I do hate the tube design though.

My old review
I'm liking this better than Lancome Definicils which was my previous favourite. Definicils is a defining mascara so it doesn't add the volume that this does, and Definicils is a nicer feeling product over the day on my lashes. I don't ever get that heavy or itchy feel that other mascaras give me.

That said, this Lash Blast Voume (regular, not waterproof) formula is far better for one swipe coverage, voume and NO CLUMPS! It isn't too bad in the heavy or itchy feel, better than most, not quite as good as Definicils.

Where this shines is price and clump free volume. It is less than half the price of Definicils, The volume is so good I don't need eyeliner for definition of my eyes. No clumps EVER so I'm sold.

I'm not even tempted by the new clump crusher mascara.

I hate the ugly orange tube and it's shape and size. Definicils is elegant, black and doesn't take up a lot of room in purse, cosmetic bag or luggage. Nor does it roll around.

But for the great clump free lashes that never flake, don't irritate or feel heavy and mean I don't need eyeliner, I'll keep on buying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by NinaToni

This is a great drugstore mascara! I'm all about mixing it up and experimenting with new mascara and this is a total winner. Great natural looking volume with zero clumps! A must try!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Susan2148A

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've tried this product twice (waterproof and regular), thinking there's something wrong with me for not loving it. The volume is great, and it doesn't flatten out my lashes, but there's no way I can apply it without it getting on my eyelids. The brush is too big and cumbersome and the packaging is too bulky. The waterproof version is too difficult to remove and the regular version smudges on my oily skin in no time flat. Done. Staying with Maybelline.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by sarah2495

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS MASCARA!
-It doesn't clump
-looks natural
-doesn't smudge
-lasts all day
-give the perfect amount of volume
If you want a mascara to make it look like you are wearing fake eyelashes, this isn't for you. but if you want an everyday , clump free, natural looking mascara that still emphasizes your eyes, get this!!
this was the first mascara i ever used i started wearing makeup at 15 (im now 18) and i told the SA at shoppers drug mart i know nothing about makeup, and want lightweight, not too heavy makeup.this is one of the things she told me to use. she told me it looks natural but still gives volume.
she was right. and it gives that nice curl. i dont know why i stopped using it. i only purchased it 1-3 times.and even when its "dried out ", it still works. i bought this again 1 week ago, and i still love it. the reason i didnt give it a 5 is because of the packaging, the brush is huge it can get annoying at times.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Youhaveabigbut

BEST MASCARA EVER. Just go buy it like right now! It'll leave you speechless & you'll thank me later 😏.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by kaylapantz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is a prime example of "not judging a book by its cover." I've heard rave reviews of this mascara for so long but never tried it because all covergirl packaging is boring and everything seems old-fashioned. So after so much time of spending money on bad/expensive L'oreal mascaras, I decided to just try it. What took me so long!? The volume is GREAT. The formula is much drier than what I've used but I personally like it better. The wand is perfect with the rubber bristles, I've gone through a whole bottle and it's never clumped ONCE, I promise. Doesn't do much for length but it's not supposed to, that's what Lashblast Fusion is for. Sooooometimes I get some mascara on the brow bone/under eye if I don't apply carefully. I wish they would update the packaging to make it more sleek and not like a giant carrot, lol! 4 lippies because I wish it lasted longer. My lashes don't look as amazing throughout the day. I recommend though!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by jenniferrallynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I always venture out for new mascara's when they come out. But I always come back to this one. I love the packaging, the bright orange is super fun. I love the brush, the rubber bristles separate and distribute the color wonderfully. I just can't get enough of this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

I bought this @ Target for only $7.00. I took it home not expecting much as my collection is only 1 Body Shop, 1 Almay and 3 Maybellines. Cover Girl (other then their Powder with mirror) product was all I've ever had or trusted. But, I read a lot of reviews, saw quite a few youtube tutorials / reviews and 1st impression videos, so I had to try...Heck it was only 7 bucks after all. I applied 2 coats with absolute ease. I love the smooth slick glide, no clumps and the ability to thicken up my otherwise puny, thin lashes. I adore this mascara. It lengthened them, thickened them and over all just make my eyes pop but in a natural manner. It was sooo cheap and you get a LOT of product, not to mention that it states you may keep it for 6 and not the standard 3 months. Another reason I love this is because my lids do not even feel like I am wearing mascara, it is light weight. I love it soo much and my only teeny complaint is that CG does not make a blackest black line like Maybelline, I am a light brown girl who requires deep dark mascara.
UPDATE: I re-purchased this eve (Dec. 18th, 2013). Spent 6 months buying diff mascaras, brands, types etc just to realize this is my new HG. Never thought I'd ever find something I'd love as much as Great Lash or Maybelline mascaras...til now. 5 lippies & will re-purchase again. Formula, brush / wand, clump free and maintains a curl. Near PERFECTION!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by mdriggers09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best mascara ever, doesn't clump and easy to build. I receive so many compliments on my lashes with this stuff. Even my hairdresser has commented on how long and full my eyelashes are. The best part is this mascara washes right off in the shower, no need for makeup remover!