October 1, 2014 | 1693 users online

Bath Treatments - Burt's Bees - Apricot baby oil [DISCONTINUED]

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2007 12:08:00 AM More reviews by mojoriley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I had purchased this long before I actually used it, and it sat on my dresser for months untouched. My boyfriend (the saint) gives me backrubs *all the time* and he usually uses Trader Joe's Lavendar Baby Oil. Well we ran out and he used this for a couple of weeks on me, and lo and behold, my back broke out horribly! And over the summer, which meant no tank tops or bathing suits for me. You know how long bacne takes to heal....I was sad because I did quite enjoy the smell of this stuff. Now we're back to the TJ's Lavendar and my back is clear again. Ah well.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2007 10:01:00 PM More reviews by ContessaD

Perfect product for my dry skin and it is great hair oil .
I love the scent and I dont have to re apply.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2007 8:41:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

I love the fresh, lemony smell of this oil, and it absorbs very well into my skin. I love the fact that it's natural, without parabens. But the smell clashes a bit with other fragrances I have, so I wouldn't use this all the time. In addition, it's so freakishly expensive that I wouldn't want to use it on a daily basis. The glass bottle and flimsy cap make me nervous...I just hope I don't drop this in the shower...It's just stupid packaging. This stuff should be in recyclable plastic with a snap lid or pump for convenience. But I would buy again...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2007 1:20:00 PM More reviews by parafinn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love, love , love this! Use it on myself and my kids as a body moisturizer ( but not on the face, a little too heavy for that!) I like that it is sold in a glass bottle, very nice and no nasty plastic parabens and pthalalates leeching into the oil.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2007 1:52:00 PM More reviews by camillacamilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice scented, light oil for the body or bath. I also use it in a pinch as a mascara remover. HATE the glass bottle and screw on lid.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2007 3:23:00 AM More reviews by alabasterbrow

I have been trying to use more natural products, and I had been using Johnson & Johnson baby oil for a while but i thought this would be better. The product is really good, it really creates nice shiny skin on my legs and feels great. However, the smell and color still seem really synthetic and the bottle is such a pain! I understand that it is better to use glass than plastics, but they could have put a smaller top on this because it spills everywhere, both if the cap is not fitted on correctly and if you want to use it you have to spill a huge amount into your hand which is really awkward in my shower in the dorms. I will not be repurchasing. I hope I can find a natural/organic baby oil from someone else that is not so annoying.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2007 8:33:00 PM More reviews by lipShmackin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this! It's the only thing i've tried from the baby bee range and would love to try others because of it! It's so nice to have as its great for everything! Didn't even THINK of trying it in my hair as the previous reviewer mentioned but i primarily use it as an all over body moisturiser and especially after shaving my legs! HEAVEN! Gorgeous scent, which i personally don't find overpowering at all.. love love love apricot and peachy scents, and it leaves my dry skin so soft and supple! The glass bottle is a nice touch but not very practical and a tad messy, i see little rings of oil wherever i put it probably due to my oily hands all over the bottle though. Would love to see it in a pump bottle of some sort. Doesn't reeeeally bother me though, will probably buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2007 5:02:00 PM More reviews by ratgirldjh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i had thought that they had drastically changed the formula on this and i was wrong - yay! i like it the way it is. recently, however, they have started adding sunflower oil to it... it is still great though, and has become my favorite body oil... i have bought this many times and will continue to do so - as long as they don't change it...
UPDATE: recently i strayed to another line of products and tried to use a body lotion. never have i come back to a product so fast. this oil really, actually, sinks in and when you wet your body or hands later there is NO slimy feeling. i will keep using this and the vitamin e body oil as long as they make it - which i hope is forever. UPDATE: i no longer use this and only use virgin coconut oil for a moisturizer. BB's was bought by clorox and this product now comes in a plastic bottle and they also use much more plastic in their packaging now. i just couldn't feel good about using BB's stuff anymore.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2007 11:40:00 PM More reviews by balmmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I'd read that it's good for adding a sheen to your hair and I thought it smelled good in the store. But after a while the smell became overpowering! It's one of those scents that you like at first, but get sick of pretty quickly. I would like it better if it were more lightly scented. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2007 10:23:00 PM More reviews by whyknot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I also love this stuff - HG and I will use it forever. I have dry, sensitive skin and it's particularly prone to scream-inducing itchiness right after I shave...I have tried tons of body oil over the years, as they seem to cut the itchiness better than any lotion. I have tried Neutrogena Sesame (nice, but smell is yucky and sometimes causes breakouts), Alba Botanical (smell was awesome, but I just don't like it...didn't sink in and doesn't moisturize too well), The Body Shop Dry Oil Spray (nice, but not greasy enough!), and Johnson's Baby Oil Gel (HG before Burt's and good, but annoyingly greasy). After rejecting all, I found the Apricot Oil and I will never stray...smells like heaven, not too sticky, sinks in well, leaves my skin soft and smelling fabulous, and almost cures itchies. The bottle would be great if it had a pump, but that wont stop me from buying it!