Burt's Bees Apricot baby oil [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Apricot kernel oil, grapeseed oil, wheat germ oil, tocopheryl acetate & tocopherol (vitamin E), rosemary extract, beta-carotene, fragrance.98.00% Natural

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This obsession started with my oldest boy. I started using this oil when he developed cradle cap. This oil cured his itchy, dry skin. I started using this under my body creams. Now, I put this on my newborn, too. It's super gentle and is perfect for winter. It's super concentrated, so I wouldn't suggest this for someone prone to breakouts. Oh, and the scent is so yummy. Even my oldest son's daycare teachers used to ask what I put on his skin.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

So I had purchased this long before I actually used it, and it sat on my dresser for months untouched. My boyfriend (the saint) gives me backrubs *all the time* and he usually uses Trader Joe's Lavendar Baby Oil. Well we ran out and he used this for a couple of weeks on me, and lo and behold, my back broke out horribly! And over the summer, which meant no tank tops or bathing suits for me. You know how long bacne takes to heal....I was sad because I did quite enjoy the smell of this stuff. Now we're back to the TJ's Lavendar and my back is clear again. Ah well.

Perfect product for my dry skin and it is great hair oil .
I love the scent and I dont have to re apply.

I love the fresh, lemony smell of this oil, and it absorbs very well into my skin. I love the fact that it's natural, without parabens. But the smell clashes a bit with other fragrances I have, so I wouldn't use this all the time. In addition, it's so freakishly expensive that I wouldn't want to use it on a daily basis. The glass bottle and flimsy cap make me nervous...I just hope I don't drop this in the shower...It's just stupid packaging. This stuff should be in recyclable plastic with a snap lid or pump for convenience. But I would buy again...

Love, love , love this! Use it on myself and my kids as a body moisturizer ( but not on the face, a little too heavy for that!) I like that it is sold in a glass bottle, very nice and no nasty plastic parabens and pthalalates leeching into the oil.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Nice scented, light oil for the body or bath. I also use it in a pinch as a mascara remover. HATE the glass bottle and screw on lid.

I have been trying to use more natural products, and I had been using Johnson & Johnson baby oil for a while but i thought this would be better. The product is really good, it really creates nice shiny skin on my legs and feels great. However, the smell and color still seem really synthetic and the bottle is such a pain! I understand that it is better to use glass than plastics, but they could have put a smaller top on this because it spills everywhere, both if the cap is not fitted on correctly and if you want to use it you have to spill a huge amount into your hand which is really awkward in my shower in the dorms. I will not be repurchasing. I hope I can find a natural/organic baby oil from someone else that is not so annoying.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Love this! It's the only thing i've tried from the baby bee range and would love to try others because of it! It's so nice to have as its great for everything! Didn't even THINK of trying it in my hair as the previous reviewer mentioned but i primarily use it as an all over body moisturiser and especially after shaving my legs! HEAVEN! Gorgeous scent, which i personally don't find overpowering at all.. love love love apricot and peachy scents, and it leaves my dry skin so soft and supple! The glass bottle is a nice touch but not very practical and a tad messy, i see little rings of oil wherever i put it probably due to my oily hands all over the bottle though. Would love to see it in a pump bottle of some sort. Doesn't reeeeally bother me though, will probably buy again!

i had thought that they had drastically changed the formula on this and i was wrong - yay! i like it the way it is. recently, however, they have started adding sunflower oil to it... it is still great though, and has become my favorite body oil... i have bought this many times and will continue to do so - as long as they don't change it...
UPDATE: recently i strayed to another line of products and tried to use a body lotion. never have i come back to a product so fast. this oil really, actually, sinks in and when you wet your body or hands later there is NO slimy feeling. i will keep using this and the vitamin e body oil as long as they make it - which i hope is forever. UPDATE: i no longer use this and only use virgin coconut oil for a moisturizer. BB's was bought by clorox and this product now comes in a plastic bottle and they also use much more plastic in their packaging now. i just couldn't feel good about using BB's stuff anymore.

I bought this because I'd read that it's good for adding a sheen to your hair and I thought it smelled good in the store. But after a while the smell became overpowering! It's one of those scents that you like at first, but get sick of pretty quickly. I would like it better if it were more lightly scented. Will not repurchase.

Popular Bath Treatments