December 20, 2014 | 1686 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Redness Solutions Makeup SPF 15 with Probiotic Technology

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Ritarella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the first foundations I ever brought back to the store (and, amazingly, they actually took it back and refunded me!). It gives a horrible wax-like finish, dewy to the point that you look like a wax statue. As well, it was a bit on the grey side (I had Neutral as a colour, being NW25/NW30 in Mac), but I think this is normal due to the fact that it has to contrast redness. However not for me at all, coverage is too much but in a very unnatural way. Further to this, I suspect it gave me a few spots, anyway I stopped having them when I stopped using this. Finally, it's super hard to work with, it dries in 2 seconds.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by kittencaprix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a relatively thick foundation due in large part to its excellent sunscreen content (zinc oxide 2.9% & titanium dioxide 3.7%). Zinc is known as a superior UVA ray blocker as well as great for skin repair (consider it's the primarily ingredient in diaper creams: it actually works). It can, however, cause dryness/dry appearance for very dry skin if not used with a moisturizer to suit individual skin needs/type.

A make-up sponge is a must; I've never been able to get used to foundation brushes & don't have the time to wash them thoroughly everyday to ensure they're bacterial free.

I didn't find the color changed on my skin. I also didn't find the foundation alleviated any redness except for providing solid coverage. It didn't sink into my pores, but it did require a thick coating of moisturizer underneath as I have very dry skin. I would not recommend this foundation for very oily skin; normal or slightly dry to dry skin would likely do best with it.

The reasons I wouldn't buy it again are purely personal: I'm not a huge fan of liquid foundation (I bought it for the sunscreen protection, the tint, & the clinique bonus that was running); other foundations are cheaper & easier to apply (revlon makes some great foundations for dry skin with the same sunscreen content); and I have issues with false advertising, and the "redness solutions" is absolutely false. There is no ingredient in this product that could solve redness, esp. given the low amount of the touted ingredients. Using a beta-hydroxy acid product, antioxidant moisturizer/serum, & zinc oxide-based sunscreen followed by a dusting of powder has a much more natural look overall.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by MelanieNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

EDIT 12/2013- FULL HG status! It is a full year and a half since I began wearing this incredible foundation daily. Absolutely zero breakouts, flawless coverage that does not look like a mask, and no irritation. Best foundation ever.

EDIT 2/9/2013: I AM STILL LOVING THIS MAKEUP!! NO BREAKOUTS, BEAUTIFUL COVERAGE, and THIN, not THICK Coverage which is kind of rare for a full coverage foundation. Plus, I am still on my first bottle and I have used it daily since September! I initially thought with the small bottle it comes through that I would run right through it, but I think this is the longest a single bottle of foundation has lasted.

Original Review 9/2012:
Could this really be the perfect HG foundation I have been searching for my entire life?! YES! I think I have found it in this foundation. I seriously can't believe how great this product is for my skin (rosacea-prone, oily t-zone with a few dry patches, easily irritated, hormonal breakouts on chin) plus a perfect color match (Calming Alabaster).
This summer I had a terrible bout of rosacea on my cheeks and my chin was also very red and irritated. I wanted to find a gentle, yet full coverage foundation that wouldn't slide off or cause more irritation. This summer I fell in love with the Cllinique BeautyBalm(shade2), but wanted something with a little more coverage so I went to check out foundations because I felt my DiorShow Forever has too much perfume in it.
The Clinique salesperson said their BeautyBalm really wasn't meant for rosacea skin and I should try their Redness Foundation. I was skeptical because I wasn't sure about the coloring of Clinique foundation as I had heard they were very orange. I'm glad though that I gave it a try!
I have used this foundation for 2 weeks now with no breakouts and beautiful flawless coverage that lasts all day!!! I can go hours without needing to blot and powder and last week it was a humid 88 degrees too. You only need a tiny amount which covers EVERYTHING! It's surprising it is full coverage because the foundation itself is very thin, but the thinness is what makes this foundation blend so flawlessly into my skin. It really looks like my skin, but of course, so much better. I even use this under my eyes without the need for additional under eye concealer. It doesn't crease either or make fine lines more noticeable. I have no idea how a foundation that keeps my skin so matte for hours can not dry out my under eyes, but this foundation manages to do just that.
Color Oxidation- I am fair with pink in my skin. I like to use a neutral color foundation (not for pink or yellow tones) because I think this is what works best to neutralize pink without making me look too red/orange/yellow. Calming Alabaster is a perfect color for fair tones with either pink/yellow undertones. However, it does very slightly oxidize over the course of the day so if you are between colors, I would say go with the lighter color even if it looks a bit too light when you first put it on. Alabaster looks a little light when I first put it on but within a short time will slightly darken and by the end of the day a little bit more.
FYI- I use a small amount of CoverFx Acne/Matte Primer first all over my face followed by this foundation (Alabaster). I put a few small dots of foundation all around my face and use my fingers to smoothe and blend starting with my nose and chin and moving outward. I was going to use a foundation brush, but it's not necessary with this foundation to get a flawless finish. If you are on the fence about this foundation, just try it! You may be really surprised.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 3:32:00 AM More reviews by avellemon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i plan on buying this again. when i wear this foundation, i don't appear to have any redness. it looks really natural on the skin (blend it in with a sponge or a brush- don't use your fingers and just make sure to use a translucent powder over top of it!) note: this does not HELP with reducing redness. all it does is cover up and even out the redness, which is all it really needs to do, anyway

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by totoro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this, along with the redness relief mineral pressed powder, after having an allergic reaction to a medication. My cheeks were covered with little red bumps that looked like pimples but were part of a rash that lasted about a month. I was desperate and thought this would surely help, since I had used the regular Even Better and liked it.
This formula doesn't have nearly as much coverage as the regular EB foundation and seems greasier and more likely to melt off by midday. At first I thought it worked, but that was just initial wishful thinking after trying something new. The honeymoon was over after a couple of days. One big problem I had, which happens to me with all Clinique foundations, is 1) limited color selection for pasty ghosts like me and 2) color change due to oxidation after applying. They corrected the color issue a while back by adding a few lighter shades in the regular EB, but that doesn't help if the stuff turns either orange or rosey pink (depending on the color and its undertone) that's at least one shade darker than your skin. That is not a good look! The lightest color is already barely light enough but would work well if it were not for this problem. Most Clinique S.A.'s seem to have some kind of explanation for this (other than acknowledging a problem with the product). One thing I've heard multiple times is that "all foundations oxidize like this." If that were true, I would have given up on wearing foundation in high school.
Another Clinique SA once told me that very few people have problems with oxidation and color change. Based on accounts I've read and heard many times, this just isn't true. I think it's the canned response they're told to give customers who complain about this issue.
Like I said, after using it a couple of times I gave up and sent it packing. It works for some people, so if you have Rosacea or redness from any condition, it's worth a try; just keep your receipt. :-D

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by mbtmom2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The SA at the Clinique counter suggested this one for me since I tend to have mild redness on my cheeks and some broken capillaries. I like the finish and coverage of the product . However, it is a little heavy for my daily makeup. This does cover well and my dry/combo skin likes it. So, I will keep this one for days when I need more coverage. I tend to like the coverage of BB cream and light powder for work. I work 12 hour shifts as an RN and this product stayed on well for 8 hours. Not HG status for me, but worth keeping for certain occasions.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by underdreamskies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't have rosacea but I do have red acne scars that to most people continue to look like living, breathing breakouts when they're just vestiges of breakouts from months before.. all over my body my skin has an issue with repairing scars. But this foundation works perfectly to counteract the redness of my scarring, it blends perfectly into my skin, is so moisturizing and yet lightweight and yet provides as close to full coverage as it can get with this price range and the lightweight texture. It leaves me with a gorgeous dewy finish, not oily but literally "Hi I'm actually a hummingbird" kind of glow, that easily goes away if you're not into the dewy look with translucent powder. Doesn't cause me to break out or any other irritation in any way and is the best foundation I've tried that cancels out the redness of my scars without looking green or whatever.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by K3thy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I was offered this foundation by a sales assistant when I was having a bad acne flare up, she said it would cover my spots up with out concealer which I thought would be great.

It did cover my spots without concealer, but it is quite thick and is difficult to put on, I used a lot of moisturiser then put this on with a brush to get the best effect, but it did age my skin and the texture wasn't good close-up. There aren't enough shades to choose from meaning I didn't get the perfect match.

So I will keep this in my makeup case for use if I have a bad flare-up again, as it did cover spots, but not a foundation I'd wear any other time.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I honestly feel like the name of this product is ironic...it is without a doubt the worst foundation I have ever put on my face.

I'm a PPP rosacean who is prone to papules and pustules as well as general "rosiness" and a few broken capillaries. My skin is pretty sensitive to most things, but looking at the ingredients it didn't sound like there was anything particularly irritating, so I gave it a try.

The first and most notable problem with this makeup is, as other reviewers have said, it doesn't really come in proper pale colours. Most rosaceans are pale, so I'm really not sure why they didn't come up with some paler shades as this product is marketed towards us. I bought the most pale shade they offered, and as soon as I put it on my skin my face looked ORANGE. What's more, it was noticeable even to my boyfriend, who is in general a bit clueless about these things.

I found the coverage of the foundation to be moderate, certainly better than the foundation I was using prior, so I decided to try to keep wearing this for a little while (with some non irritating powder on top to try to lighten it a bit), buuuut...after two days of wearing this, my skin rebelled. I broke out in an awful way, P&P's ALL over my face with my skin glowing an angry red colour, and what's more, I could FEEL the burn. It was seriously one of the worst flares I've ever had. I stopped using it immediately, but the flare lasted for a while after this. I haven't ever had this bad of a reaction, even from cheapo drugstore foundations. Blech.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Penlatysan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been on the hunt for a new foundation. I want something that's medium coverage, lightweight, and has a satiny finish. I went to Sephora and got some samples, this foundation being one of them. I chose this foundation because I have mild rosacea, and so my nose, cheeks, and chin can get quite red (ESPECIALLY my nose). I just ran out of the sample I was given. I was able to use it a good 6-8 times, and I tested it out using several different methods of application, with/ without a primer, and with/ without setting spray.
First off, I think the best way to apply this is a stippling brush. When I applied it with my fingers, a flat foundation brush, or a sponge, it's just way too heavy. It *feels* like I have a ton of foundation on. And when it's applied that heavy, it transfers pretty easy. But with the stippling brush, I was able to get a light enough layer to where it still covered everything, but wasn't heavy. As far as primers go, I don't think it really made a difference with this, staying power wise. Neither did the setting spray (Urban Decay's All Nighter). The problem with this is that it's *so* creamy, that on really hot days, by mid-day the heat melts the foundation. On a 90 degree day, when I looked closely in the mirror at work, I was horrified! The foundation was fading off in some areas, and melted together in others! So I had some dots of really dark foundation and some spots with no foundation! It wasn't super bad though, I don't think you could notice it unless you got within 6 inches of my face, but it still made me self conscious. And my face doesn't get oily, so if it did that to me, imagine what would happen on someone with oily skin! Also, despite the claims I really didn't notice any improvement with my redness. And the color selection is pretty poor. Alabaster is the lighter shade and it's still a hair dark on me. And I found this oxidizes and goes orangey when it's hot outside.