July 24, 2014 | 1754 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Redness Solutions Makeup SPF 15 with Probiotic Technology

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by underdreamskies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't have rosacea but I do have red acne scars that to most people continue to look like living, breathing breakouts when they're just vestiges of breakouts from months before.. all over my body my skin has an issue with repairing scars. But this foundation works perfectly to counteract the redness of my scarring, it blends perfectly into my skin, is so moisturizing and yet lightweight and yet provides as close to full coverage as it can get with this price range and the lightweight texture. It leaves me with a gorgeous dewy finish, not oily but literally "Hi I'm actually a hummingbird" kind of glow, that easily goes away if you're not into the dewy look with translucent powder. Doesn't cause me to break out or any other irritation in any way and is the best foundation I've tried that cancels out the redness of my scars without looking green or whatever.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by K3thy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I was offered this foundation by a sales assistant when I was having a bad acne flare up, she said it would cover my spots up with out concealer which I thought would be great.

It did cover my spots without concealer, but it is quite thick and is difficult to put on, I used a lot of moisturiser then put this on with a brush to get the best effect, but it did age my skin and the texture wasn't good close-up. There aren't enough shades to choose from meaning I didn't get the perfect match.

So I will keep this in my makeup case for use if I have a bad flare-up again, as it did cover spots, but not a foundation I'd wear any other time.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I honestly feel like the name of this product is ironic...it is without a doubt the worst foundation I have ever put on my face.

I'm a PPP rosacean who is prone to papules and pustules as well as general "rosiness" and a few broken capillaries. My skin is pretty sensitive to most things, but looking at the ingredients it didn't sound like there was anything particularly irritating, so I gave it a try.

The first and most notable problem with this makeup is, as other reviewers have said, it doesn't really come in proper pale colours. Most rosaceans are pale, so I'm really not sure why they didn't come up with some paler shades as this product is marketed towards us. I bought the most pale shade they offered, and as soon as I put it on my skin my face looked ORANGE. What's more, it was noticeable even to my boyfriend, who is in general a bit clueless about these things.

I found the coverage of the foundation to be moderate, certainly better than the foundation I was using prior, so I decided to try to keep wearing this for a little while (with some non irritating powder on top to try to lighten it a bit), buuuut...after two days of wearing this, my skin rebelled. I broke out in an awful way, P&P's ALL over my face with my skin glowing an angry red colour, and what's more, I could FEEL the burn. It was seriously one of the worst flares I've ever had. I stopped using it immediately, but the flare lasted for a while after this. I haven't ever had this bad of a reaction, even from cheapo drugstore foundations. Blech.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Penlatysan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been on the hunt for a new foundation. I want something that's medium coverage, lightweight, and has a satiny finish. I went to Sephora and got some samples, this foundation being one of them. I chose this foundation because I have mild rosacea, and so my nose, cheeks, and chin can get quite red (ESPECIALLY my nose). I just ran out of the sample I was given. I was able to use it a good 6-8 times, and I tested it out using several different methods of application, with/ without a primer, and with/ without setting spray.
First off, I think the best way to apply this is a stippling brush. When I applied it with my fingers, a flat foundation brush, or a sponge, it's just way too heavy. It *feels* like I have a ton of foundation on. And when it's applied that heavy, it transfers pretty easy. But with the stippling brush, I was able to get a light enough layer to where it still covered everything, but wasn't heavy. As far as primers go, I don't think it really made a difference with this, staying power wise. Neither did the setting spray (Urban Decay's All Nighter). The problem with this is that it's *so* creamy, that on really hot days, by mid-day the heat melts the foundation. On a 90 degree day, when I looked closely in the mirror at work, I was horrified! The foundation was fading off in some areas, and melted together in others! So I had some dots of really dark foundation and some spots with no foundation! It wasn't super bad though, I don't think you could notice it unless you got within 6 inches of my face, but it still made me self conscious. And my face doesn't get oily, so if it did that to me, imagine what would happen on someone with oily skin! Also, despite the claims I really didn't notice any improvement with my redness. And the color selection is pretty poor. Alabaster is the lighter shade and it's still a hair dark on me. And I found this oxidizes and goes orangey when it's hot outside.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by frdowd06

Worst foundation ever!
Worst packaging ever!
Doesn't last more than 3 hours! Goes patchy! KEY PROBLEM
Worst consistency to apply, does not spread eaily!
Alabaster = not light enough!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by shootingstar85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

According to the derm I have "pre-rosacea", so I love trying different products to cover the redness. This foundation is quite heavy, but it does cover my redness well. I originally applied with a foundation brush, but it never looked quite right, it looks much better applied using the stippling method & a Beauty Blender. The packaging is typical boring green Clinique packaging and the alabaster shade matches me well. You don't need much product, a little goes a long way, so I haven't cracked open my backup bottle yet & I've been using this about 5x a week for the past 8 months. I'd buy it again, especially at the price point, but I am interested in trying Hourglass & MUFE foundations in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by aquagembaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have rosacea so I'm always on the lookout of redness remedies. The girl at Sephora said I can use this as a concealer so I use it to cover problem areas/red areas. A little goes a long way! If I had to use this as a foundation to cover my whole face I would hate it. It's on the heavy side so it does good as a concealer. If you have dry skin it shouldn't be as bad. But I have very oily skin so that's a problem.

As far as covering up my redness, I don't see any dramatic difference. It does somewhat but for the price it doesn't live up to its claim. Plus, I use Clinique Redness Solutions Pressed Powder under it as well and it still doesn't cover my redness 100%. I really think Clinque is a way overrated brand.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by annspence

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought Clinique Redness Solutions Makeup a few months ago. At first, thought I liked it, so I bought 3: one for my purse, one for home, and one for my workout bag. I bought it not because I have rosacea, but because I have an overall slight redness to my skin, so I need a light makeup to even out my skin tone, like a lot of women do. But, after wearing it for the first month I started to notice my oily skin went from oily to super-duper oily. My pores were noticeably larger and clogged like never before and this makeup just sat on top of my skin and accentuated my slight wrinkles. Really made me look older and visibly greasier. Every night I would use a blackhead/blemish extractor to try and get the accumulated gunk out of my pores. Do not purchase this product if you have oily skin or are over 35. Needless to say, I returned all 3 bottles.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by chRowan73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this product because I have rosacea and have really liked the rest of the Redness Solutions products. I was disappointed that this foundation was so heavy and thick on my skin. It would definitely cover up any redness, but the cost is a heavy face of makeup with visible foundation lines, even with their fairest shade. I returned this and don't plan on repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by naturallyfab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I think this may be my HG foundation! This gives my skin a great, even finish. I have really red cheeks, but this is the only foundation I have found that conceals the redness without feeling cakey on my skin. Most foundations that are thick enough to conceal redness are way too think for my liking. This is the perfect blend of a medium weight foundation while making my skin look great!