MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 12/4/2014 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for a foundation that is versatile. Something I could use to cover spots when I have breakouts and to generally even out uneven skin tone. This product is like a concealer in a big bottle. There are multiple ways to use it. As a concealer, a small stipple brush is most effective. As a full on foundation, apply straight with a slim pointed brush or a flat top brush, fingers are fine for that too. For tinted moisturizer/spf just one pump, mix this with your favorite spf (I use neutrogena clear face spf 30) and apply to the face quickly as this sets immediately. I prefer this last method as most days my complexion is more even and clear, and I have the option to stipple a little more foundation on pesky spots. 2nd layer and it covers fully. Not kidding! I would encourage those with combination to oily skin to try this. I am very happy with it. And the moment I was able to work out the best way to use it for my skin type was the day I bid farewell to concealer completely.

on 12/2/2014 9:29:00 AM

Im in the shade nw20. I personally love this foundation. I have a skin type of combination to normal. It lasts all day and night. It most definitly is long wearing! The price is a bit expensive however this is the general price for a mac product. I apply this foundation with a real techniques buffing brush, does not apply great with a beauty blender. However if you want a long lasting matte to dewy finish depending if you use powder.. this is an overall great foundation

on 11/28/2014 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best foundation I ever used. Is it my HG? I haven't decided, but it is the best I have used thus far. This is my night foundation or if I have want to look my best during the day for a social event. I wouldn't recommend for everyday daily use for running errands since it is a little heavy and zero SPF. The coverage is GREAT. It isn't too much where it looks cakey but covers enough to look flawless especially after powder. It has a nice dewy affect as well. It can get oily but that is what powder touch ups are for! Also, it does require touch ups every few hours since it is not full coverage and can look spotty. I would definitely recommend for normal skin, no acne, and even skin tone. Enjoy looking fabulous!

on 11/20/2014 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This foundation is very close to being my HG foundation and believe me - I've tried MANY foundations. So the lowdown is, it's good for oily skin because it lasts. If it's going to be a big night out I still use a primer, but hey, I'm super oily. It matches my skin well, though it does have that slight orange-y tint that is characteristic of MAC bases and another issue I have is that it doesn't necessarily spread all the evenly, so you gotta WORK it with the brush if you don't want it to streak. But really for an oily girl, this foundation is a godsend. Try it if you've still been looking and color wise, MAC should have something that works. I bought NC35 and NC40 and mix and match depending on how strong my tan is.

on 11/17/2014 10:33:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This foundation really is long wear and that's why I like it. It lasts longer than any foundation I have ever used, and is medium-full coverage I'd say. The only problem I have with it is that the lightest shade is still too dark for me.

on 11/17/2014 9:17:00 AM

This product broke me out horribly....definitely going to return this.

on 10/27/2014 4:56:00 AM

DO NOT BUY THIS FOUNDATION (If you guys like this foundation, I'm very sorry about it. I would give this a 0 if I can. This is my personal opinion :/)!!!!!
I got the shade in NC35 and I was trying it in the mac counter. It was fine, I was happy about the finish and the coverage it gives. So, I bought it and I was walking around the shopping centre for 30-40 mins. I was looking at myself in the mirror. The next minute, I look ORANGE. Literally, ORANGE. I'm not happy about this foundation and I wasted my money on this product. I'm not happy about their formulation. It looks like I've done a really bad fake tan on my face. Also, it rubs off around the nose and the cheek areas in an hour or 2. Let me just do a run down of the foundation by doing a pros and cons:
Pros:
- Nice finish and coverage
Cons:
- Oxides like crazy (ORANGE, It looks ORANGE on me.)
- Broke me out like crazy, I got 2-3 pimples, normally I don't get a lot of pimples.
- Rubs off when you touch it (Suppose to be a long lasting foundation :/)

Just to let everyone know, I bought this foundation ages ago (Last year). Every time I try this foundation, I break out like crazy and I look like an umpa lump. I brought 6 products back to mac and I was so heartbreaking that I wasted my money on this crap.

on 10/21/2014 5:02:00 PM

I bough this product hoping it would be my HG. I have combo oily skin and primer has not prevented oil from appearing after just one hour of make up application. I was told this make up would last all day and stay dry. Unfortunately it came off my face too easy and left my face with a blotchy/patchy look as the coverage was so thick that it was very noticeable where the make up had rubbed off and where I still had make up on my face. It doesn't have enough shades to provide a perfect skin color match and I have to say that while it looked flawless after application it did not stay on as flawless as I expected it. It simply not make up for "real life". Although it is a heavy make up it did not provide the coverage of blemishes I expected. I was very disappointed to say the least.

on 10/21/2014 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The first day I put this on my face I was INLOVE, the second day, not so much. I feel like I wanted to love it so badly that I ignored the fact it dries unbelievably fast, the texture of the foundation was quite sticky feeling and it was actually hard to apply. This foundation does however give my face a flawless glow, I mean I GLOW. I have patchy, red, oily, acne prone skin and this foundation makes my skin look AMAZING. Granted you do have to add a little more foundation over top of your blemishes but this foundation is build-able so that isn't a problem at all. I set it by dusting some loose powder and a finishing spray (because this does make my skin a little dry, which I defiantly am NOT) and it stays all day. No touch ups needed, I leave all my concealer, powder, EVERYTHING at home and I don't have a care in the world. Props to Mac for making this foundation have amazing staying power. This will definitely be my HG foundation, I just wish it applied smoother like there other foundations.

on 10/11/2014 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to swear by this foundation as it was the first one I had come across that didn't literally fall off my face due to my oiliness. It has superb staying power when applied on top of a primer and set with a powder (I use skinfinish natural). After around a month of daily use it started to feel heavy and cakey on my face and I decided to look for something with the same staying power but less heavy and since then I have swapped back to my old HG Revlon colorstay which is very comparable to this foundation. Overall a good foundation for an oily skin but can at times feel too much for daily wear.

Video Reviews & Tutorials