October 30, 2014 | 1568 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals Foundation #3

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2007 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Brandye

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the whole line of BE and the look is great unless you look at my face close-up. At a distance it's great. It accentuates my fine lines and makes my pores look huge. The coverage is minimal. The more foundation I use to cover my redness, the more you can see my lines and pores. It also makes my skin oily on top, but extremely dry on the bottom. It's messy and trying to clean it up is a big chore if it gets spilled. This is for someone very young, with flawless skin to begin with. Maybe a very young teen who is just starting out trying make-up.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2007 7:47:00 AM More reviews by cavalierkcs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have wanted to like BE, but I just can't. I like that the ingredients are natural, and my skin tends to break out less with BE, but it makes my skin WAY too oily!!! I even did the mineral veil sandwich (MV, then powder, and MV on top) and I still looked like an oil spill 1 hour after putting on my makeup. I loved the staying power of the makeup, but the oil was the worst I have ever had with any makeup. I could even FEEL the oil on my face. I would say if you are oily you should avoid BE - I think it would work best for dryer skin types.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2007 10:09:00 AM More reviews by charlene2098

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used to use Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation because it seemed to give me the full coverage that I needed. However, it was so heavy that it make my skin break out and therefore, I would need more makeup to cover those up. I couldn't give anywhere without makeup even when I was working out. I now use Revlon Colorstay Under Eye concealer for my eyes which is my biggest problem and I use Bare Escentuals Loose powder foundation for the rest of my face. I don't even use mineral veil. What's great about Bare Escentuals is that you can build up the coverage. I usually don't have pimples anymore but when I do, they end up leaving a black scar for my months. So to hide those scars, I use a tina brush and dip it in the jar and put it on the scar to cover it. I've since ordered rareminerals and I'm waiting for it to arrive (I live in Canada). I've just heard so many good things about it that I can't resist. I've also ordered samples of Everyday Minerals so we'll see how that compares to BE.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2007 10:20:00 AM More reviews by gowingstjc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG foundation. Love this foundation on my acne prone, 40 ish year old skin. I can build up the coverage as needed. It looks silky and feels great. Lasts all day with a few touchups. Could have better packaging, a little messy to travel with. Took one lippy off for this. Do not use the mineral veil any longer, this makes my face too chalky. I have since found MAC pressed Blot Powder and is wonderful.
EDIT: Tried EM and now prefer this over BE. The shimmer in this is too much for me and I don't like that look now that I have tried EM. Much prefer the more Matte finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2007 10:11:00 AM More reviews by WillyWonka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have had a love/hate relationship with BE for years. I use it then I go back to liquid (Stila Illuminating Foundation), then I try BE again, etc. It always helps me out when I really need coverage and I want to look polished. It has actually helped my break-out prone skin and will probably continue to go between the 2 for many years to come! I use Medium 3 and although I am light, it gives me some color. If you use the buki brush it's quite easy. I throw a little BE Warmth over it and I'm out the door. I recommend this to someone who is sick of liquid foundation and wants to try a whole new concept.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2007 1:56:00 PM More reviews by cassie785l

I've changed my mind about BE. I loved it for awhile, but the more I use it, the more annoying it becomes. You have to spend so much time layering on one thing after another, it creates the worst messes on my beautiful vanity [which also makes it nearly impossible to take with you anywhere], the coverage is good-but becomes flakey looking within minutes [even when i use prime time] and never lasts past lunchtime. It seemed to help my sensitive skin at first, but now that I know it contains bismuth...i'm just stunned. How can a company claim to be "good for your skin" when it contains a known skin irritant? I'm back on liquid foundation (MUFE mat velvet) and I will never go back to BE!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2007 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Glykomeli

Tried it in "Tan" I believe - last year. I really wanted to like the stuff, but I realized I could've saved alot of money by just throwing fine iridescent glitter on my face and calling it makeup. Totally hated the disco - ball effect. I kept a couple of the least shiny blushes and use them once in a while. But overall, NOT IMPRESSED with BE.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2007 11:29:00 AM More reviews by danaslc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the full line of of this stuff. I liked it a first and then found it drying and it shows the lines on your face. If you need to mosturize your skin this is not a good product to use. Maybe for the younger skin it would be ok. The best product is the overall color the warmth ect. One thing though it is hard to mix and match other brands with this product. That was disapointing to me. Like I said the overall colors are ok but you have to use the full line to make this even look good on your skin. I won't buy this again. The infomercial had me fooled.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2007 3:01:00 PM More reviews by littlebella25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

What a hunk of junk! It drew attention to my uneven skin texture, made my pores like enormous (normally they're not visible) and it MELTED off my face onto my cell phone in the summer. does NOT cover well either. what a bunch of fancy tricks they must show on the infomercials because my pinkish cheeks were still pink after i applied this. makes skin look DRY.

this product did NOTHING.

WAYY TOO SHEER.

any time i blew my nose with a tissue or wore a white track jacket that touched the side of my face this stuff came off!!

DISGUSTING!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2007 10:42:00 PM More reviews by tammymiller65

I have been using bare escentuals foundation for over a year now. I am over 40 and was always having problems getting the right shade and not having the mask-look. The BE foundation is great because it takes the guess work out of it. I never have a problem with it blending or looking cakey. It looks very smooth and natural and lasts all day. It also is nice because it doesn't run if you tear up or get your face wet. I think this foundation is wonderful especially as you get older-the liquid foundation tend to look too heavy and fake. I will never go back to liquid foundation again.