April 18, 2014 | 1835 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by zmarie100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Nice concealer, a little bit thicker than the pro longwear foundation. Good coverage.
The concealers are usually a little paler that the foundation of the same range, which is good. One thing I'm not keen on is that I find this concealer to be a little oily and if I use it I definitely need to use powder.
Also, if you don't usually use much concealer then be very careful with the pump, because a full pump of it brings out about two pea sized amount of product (fine for me).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 5:31:00 AM More reviews by nickys79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Used to use this under my eyes until I found my current favourite by IT cosmetics bye bye under eye (which is better for aged skin) but this is my favourite eye primer, covers my redness and veins beautifully and the shadows apply so well over it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by staceyd2401

I do really love this concealer as it is a real multitasker. I currently own NW20 and comfortably use it on my under eye area, as well as blemishes and any redness I get on my chin and around my nose and have never had an issue with it creasing or fading throughout the day. I did find that by purchasing the NW20 instead of the NW15 when using it under my eyes I did get a better result as it covers the blueness under my eyes much nicer. NW15 did look nice and bright but I did feel like the blue shone through and didn't really appear covered.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Whitestats03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think I may have posted before but here's an update if I did.... I am NW20 with dry skin and just turned 33. I have noticed that I have fine lines running horiz under my eyes and darker circles as I age than before. My eyes are always watery lately as well. Top it off they are rather red where I have started to see crows feet. Sooooo I turned to this concealer after all I've heard. It's the best I've used for under eye EVER!!!!!!! Its a 3,4 for blemishes. But I didn't buy it for blemishes. So here's what I do.... I went and got for$3 the ELF fluffy concealer brush at Walmart. I washed out one the tiny sample containers from Sephora and use one pump at a time of concealer in there by dabbing my brush in and swirling in the cap. I use this all over the eye area, all around it applied w the brush. I do my eye shadow ect. Then reapply a small amount just to side of the eyes and undereye again. I set w ELF HD powder. It stayed the entire day. No dark circles. No creasing( which is key to help get rid of bec I apply Neutrogena Rapid Eye Wrinkle cream day n night now and it makes a huge Dif in creasing ladies!!!) no running, and I cried at a movie today and it didn't budge. This has all held true for two weeks now. I will never go back. Ps. On blemishes I use my fingers and dab on Physicians RX formula concealer. Works amazingly. And can be build able if needed. Mac pro longwear will forever be in my drawer !!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This really does live up to it's long wearing claim, lasts all day. Found a great match in NC20. It is not as full coverage as I thought it was going to be. I used it on my undereye area and even after using over a peach toned corrector and building this up in thin layers my discoloration still showed through. It also creased on me when I just wore one this layer of this and set it with powser, which I was not expecting at all because most people don't seem to have that issue with this. Also I used it on some fading acne marks that typically cover fine with my other concealers, but even layered they still showed through with Pro Longwear. And with the nuisance of wasting half of the product with the pump that dispenses too much, I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by scandelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Good concealer for the under eye area; that is the only place that I use it, so I cannot say how this works over blemishes/acne. This does not settle into the little lines under your eyes and goes on very smoothly. This product also has incredible staying power. I have experimented with this and smeared some on the back of my hand and 24 hrs later it is STILL THERE. Try it out; if you buy it from MAC and don't like it, keep the receipt and just return it. My only problem with this is the packaging: I really wish it were in a sqeezy tube. It comes in a little pump and too much almost always comes out by accident. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by glendaly22

It is definitely a good concealer, the best Ive ever tried. Its a little tricky to work with because of the annoying pump, it squirts out too much product and with such a highly pigmented concealer, a little goes a long way. And its a little hard to blend into the skin. I think the best way to blend it is with a sponge like the beauty blender.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Shellikins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I appreciate that a cute SA matched me and put it on and it looked great. I wish I had noticed how much is wasted with that terrible pump bottle. I get about a weeks worth every time I use it, which just irks me, and I find myself using something else. I'm now madly in love with another product that comes in a pot, gives me more of a glow (rather than just covering the dark circles) and I can control how much I use.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by glockgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this at the Mac Counter yesterday...i used it today...and so far i love it...good coverage

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Vaporeon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After searching high and low for a HG concealer, I can say that this is definitely it, for now.
I am someone with awful hereditary(?) dark under-eye circles that make me look dead 99% of the time.

I love the packaging, other than the fact that the pump dispenses WAY too much product, and you are left with a huge blob that just goes to waste. A little goes a loooooong way with this product as it is fairly medium-high coverage, which is buildable, doesn't cake, and doesn't crease on me at all (amazing!). Prolongwear is definitely the right name as it lasts a good 5-8 hours on me in the hot sweaty 40C degree heat of the Australian Summer.

Truth be told, it can sort of rub off especially when you're spending the whole day outside sweating, but you can't expect any product to stick to your face for life.

I love this concealer, it has a creamy and relatively thin consistency and will definitely repurchase again.