MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

My new favorite concealer. I've been meaning to try this one for ages and only got around to it last week. I've been using Studio Finish for years but I don't know if the formula has changed or maybe my skin needs have changed but it seems to go on even thicker than before and cakes up no matter how light a hand I use.

Tried this and I'm loving it! Glides on like silk even with just my fingers and looks even more smooth and flawless when I use the beauty blender. I would say its light to medium coverage but the formula is so light that is easily buildable without it becoming fake or crepey looking. A little pricier than I like to spend on just a concealer but worth every penny.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I am a normal to dry skin type. I prefer only full coverage concealers. This is my tried and true favorite. I mix NC 30/NC 35. I'm of Italian and Latin decent. My under eye discoloration is moderate. The coverage is full. Work fast with it. It needs to be set like any concealer with a finely milled loose powder. NOT mineral as its reflective properties aren't ideal for diminishing a area but rather highlighting. I like the Synthetic fluffy brushes for use and a velour puff to set. 💋

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I was excited for this product but I found it to be thick and very drying. looked really cake under my eyes, and creased when not set with a powder. I used up the bottle I had which the packaging is horrible! and didn't repurchase. The only good thing it did was highlight my face nicely which is why I finished it.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Best concealer I have ever used period

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ok, I've been through like 5,000 concealers to cover my (very dark, hereditary) dark circles. Literally everything. I wore Bobbi Brown's under eye concealer kit for quite awhile and while that seemed to do the Jo, it would crease up very badly within a few hours (and I have very minimal texture & Faery fine lines ended my eyes). So I finally watched some YouTube videos on how to cover dark circles and many of the youtubers suggested the MAC pro long wear concealer. I figured I'd try it out. I love it! I still use my Bobbi Brown corrector to neutralize and color correct the darkness, then using a dumb beauty blender sponge, I place a good amount of the concealer over it. I get great coverage, it doesn't crease, I don't have to set it with a powder, and it wears ALL day. I think I've finally found the Holy Grail. I like the packaging and find that you need VERY little (like half a pump) donut seems as though the product will last quite awhile. It's reasonably priced as are most MAC products. I've also used it in areas where I have redness such as around my nose and chin. I would definitely purchase this product again.

I found this product very drying, patchy, and creases. I wouldn't say I have overly dry skin but, when I apply moisturizer and 10mins later the concealer it leaves a dry patchy texture.

I don't find this concealer very covering, but I love it for lighting up under my eyes and the coverage is good enough to cover red spots or zits. It doesn't get cakey at all, it looks very pretty all day. Although, you get too much product because of the pump sometimes which is kind of annoying. I would recommend it though!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this concealer for about 2 years now and I haven't found anything that compares to it yet. I have very dry skin and don't have a problem with it going chalky on my face or anything. I apply it under my eyes, blend it out with a beauty blender and then set it straight away with powder. I do get a tiny bit of creasing that I blend out with my fingertip and then have no issues for the rest of the day. I haven't given it 5/5 as although it's great, I do feel like they could improve the packaging as you can't control how much product dispenses.

Haven't tried this product for all that long, but for now here's my 2 cents:

PACKAGING:
Like you've heard a thousand times over, the pump dispenses waaay to much product and it's very hard to control. On the plus side it's sanitary, considering how long this product will last you, trust me, you DON'T want to contaminate the entire product on the first use.

COLOR:
I find that NW runs too pink and NC runs too yellow so I have to mix the two "undertones" together to match my skin exactly. By doing this pretty much anyone in the somewhat neutral-range can find a match.

TIP FOR NOT WASTING PRODUCT:
to avoid having to use an insane amount of product, I use a little sample jar and mix a couple of pumps of the two colors each, to find my shade. This last quite a long time (depending on how many pumps, of course), it avoids me wasting product, and it also avoids contaminating the entire product every time I dip my brush/finger in. I recommend doing this even if you don't have to mix several colors to fint your shade.

REVIEW:
This is as far as I can tell a great concealer for covering spots, redness and imperfections. It's highly pigmented and can be blended to look pretty natural over smaller areas as long as the skin around is in good condition.

BUT if you want to use this for concealing dark circles ad have anything like fine lines, wrinkles, millia or any other "skin problems" in the under-eye area, this will enhance any of those problems like crazy.

I have pretty bad under-eye circles, but sadly this concealer made it more obvious that I was wearing make up than my dark circles were on their own:

*It settled in fine lines (I blame this on the consistency, because it's quite a thick product for the under-eye area as well as being very drying)
*It highlighted every imperfection in the under eye area, including millia (in my case) and any kind of dryness. I didn't even think my under-eye area was dry before I tried this, but this concealer made it look *extremely* dry.
*It did not blend into my skin at all. No matter how hard I tried, I could see exactly where the line between concealer and skin was and it was extremely noticeable. I guess this would have been less obvious if I used an equally "heavy" foundation, but this was not great for me because I dont really like to use a full-coverage foundation every single day, but I DO want to conceal the dark circles and maybe use a powder to even out the skintone.

Bottomline: Great for spots and smaller areas, not so much for under eyes.

I haven't tried many concealers. This is quite runny but very pigmented. It could be more blendable and it does sit weirdy on dry skin. It's a great product if you're looking for a high-coverage concealer or if you have acne. If you have very dry skin or if you're looking for a more natural finish I'd stay away from it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer | First Impression (F.I.F) by Chloe Luckin

Mac Pro Long Wear Concealer and Prep and Prime Highlighter Review by BeautynLifewSue

Top Rated MAC Products