Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

3.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water), SD-Alcohol 39-C(alcohol denat), Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Isononyl Isononanoate, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide, Methyl Methacrylate Cross Polymer, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Glycereth-5 Lactate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fragrance.

on 6/9/2014 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I used to use MACs m/u setting spray until I found this at Nordstrom Rack and decided to try it. I have fallen in Love with Urban Decay products and everything that the company stands for in regards to animal cruelty. I use this product primarily to waken my face up, make it feel fresh and set it. I like the way it makes my face feel cool and clean and makes my makeup look better. It makes my liquid and powder foundation look flawless/natural and it brightens my eye shadow. I don't notice any difference with my oil production. I wouldn't say this is my HG setting spray since I might try other ones, but if I saw a good deal on this product I would def repurchase.

on 5/31/2014 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This product actually ADDS shine to my face! Hate that. I finally figured out how to get that flawless nude look and it was perfect.... until I sprayed this on! I had to put Ben Nye powder ON TOP of this to try and control the shine. Not impressed.

on 5/16/2014 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

First half of the product it works well for me as I didn't have to powder my oil/shine away for a good 6+ hours. I've noticed lately now that I'm past half of usage that it doesn't work as well as it did in the beginning. I have shine breakouts after about 2 hours. Not sure if my skin has simply gotten used to it? I use it for when I'm at work so I wouldn't be inconvenienced by touching up every other hour. About the spray, it does disburse evenly, I spray 3x about 8" - 10" from my face and immediately fan to dry, and it has lasted me a good 2.5 months. I like it but I may need to take a break from it and start up again eventually because I think my skin has gotten so used to it.

on 5/16/2014 9:33:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I like this product with mineral powder makeup, which I find can look a little too matt on its own. I do find that it helps the staying power of that sort of makeup too, but I don't see so much of a difference with my liquid foundation so I usually skip it on those days. Overall I'll probably repurchase but I'll probably try the All Nighter version next.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Wish I would have consulted with MUA reviewers before splurging on this product! It pretty much sucks.
....face palm...

A little background: Combo-oily skin here that's highly sensitive and I suffer from oil breakthrough after about two hours (if not sooner) of wearing foundation, lucky me!

Blotting sheets and pressed powder seem to do the trick in removing the grease prob on my skin once it happens, but I was interested in trying this to see if I could prevent "oilies" altogether. I for one, would love not to blot my face all damn day! Sign me up!

My first impression of De-slick Oil-Control spray is it's very "wet" feeling and the nozzle sprays the product rather unevenly. It smells medicinal and mentholated as well, which I strongly dislike. Sure enough...after applying my foundation and putting another layer of this on top of my face; I felt itchy and looked oilier than usual...very strange.

I gave this 1 star because it doesn't break me out, which is a huge plus! But I find it doesn't do anything to prevent oil or keep me less shiny throughout the day--I still have to blot my face after two hours which completely defeats the purpose of using this product. I'm not going to add an additional step to my makeup routine if it just sits on top of my skin doing nothing...sadly, my skin also feels very itchy and uncomfortable after using this spray. I have tried it a few times now and end up washing my face & starting all over because I can't stand the feeling of it on my skin.

Into the makeup junkyard this goes...not a fan at all! You're better off with a good setting powder and blotting papers imo:-)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I still get oil breakthrough when I use this but this does help. I decided to try this after having success with All Nighter. I can't really tell the difference between the two on my skin. I would happily repurchase either one.

on 4/11/2014 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Not sure what to think of this product. I used to use it all the time and I thought it helped with my oil. I eventfully ran out and didn't repurchase for awhile. Then after having not using it I realized my oil level was about the same. My skin has been getting much less oily lately so not sure if my skin was just in a transition stage or if this really didn't do much. Either way it is nice not to feel the need to buy this again.

on 4/11/2014 4:22:00 AM

I'm really flabbergasted about this product. I have oily combo skin and i mean oily, like putin' on foundation and almost immediately watch it separate and glide off. Tried everything.... primers, high-end & drugstore foundation, powder under foundation (tip from gossmakeupartist) but nothing stopped the shining and gliding. BUT..... UD De-Slick does it!! I'm so happy. I feel just like the girls in the youtube video's with their flawless skin. My routine now for flawless, matt en all-day-lasting foundation:

- Moisturizer (Biodermal for oily/combo skin i think its only available in the Netherlands)
- Urban Decay Pore Perfecting Complexion Primer Potion
- 2 to 3 pumps Urban Decay De Slick Oil Control Make Up Setting Spray

Let it all dry and settle in for about 5 minutes

- Foundation (currently using Maybelline SuperStay 24h foundation), bronzer, blush
- eyeshadow without mascara
- 2 to 3 pumps Urban Decay De Slick Oil Control Make Up Setting Spray
- Mascara

And i'm ready to go without touching up ever 10 minutes feeling like a model!!

on 4/3/2014 7:52:00 AM

I bought the smaller size bottle from sephora and have almost finished it. This makes a huge, noticeable difference for me, it really is helping with that foundation nreak down issue that happens as the day goes on. I haven't tried other sprays, but have been really happy with this product using a variety of foundations and powders. I find using a primer unnecessary if I use this spray.

on 3/28/2014 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I don't know why this setting spray has low ratings here because its such a good product! It makes my makeup stay looking fresh for hours and hours.. I guess people are not using it right..here are the steps I take to make this setting spray work wonders:
moisturize my face
spray the setting spray (2 or 3 pumps)
put on overall makeup
spray the setting spray again (2 or 3 pumps)
done!

My makeup looks fresh for 12hours+...try it this way and see if it works for you.

Video Reviews & Tutorials