Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.7

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

on 3/21/2015 1:07:00 AM

I really don't know how I feel about this product. It looks fine and covers pretty well but it feels really heavy and STICKY. I typically don't like to set my whole face with a powder if I don't have to (like when I use longwear foundations) but I absolutely have to set this with a good powder cause the stickiness does not go away after just a short time like most foundations, it stays so it's uncomfortable and makes anything on top of it go patchy and muddy. that being said, once I set it with a powder it's absolutely fine and it doesn't look bad or mess with any products I layer on top. It does last the 15 hours it claims and doesn't LOOK too heavy or cake despite it feeling that way. Idk, it's a nice products and is a nice full coverage foundation for it being a cheaply priced drug store item but not my fav, not HG material. Nice packaging as well I might add (it really does matter lol)

on 3/19/2015 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Tried this after hearing good reviews by some YouTube gurus and I have to agree with them. Great product at a great price. More over EL double wear!

on 3/19/2015 1:19:00 AM

This is really impressive for a drugstore foundation. Also very natural.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am really happy with this foundation! I had heard great things about it so I couldn't wait to try this. When I first went to but this, the shop had none of the shade 'Ivory' which is the shade I would have picked as I'm quite pale. However I picked up 'True Ivory' as it looked almost identical to Ivory in the bottle. I absolutely loved te foundation however the shade was too dark for me so I went to get 'Ivory' a week later and they actually had the shade. I have to say there is quite a big difference between the two shades so if you are quite pale, don't get true Ivory even if there are no bottles of Ivory left. Ivory is a great match for my skin! What I love about this foundation is it is medium-full coverage (which is good for me as I have mild acne and redness) but still somehow manages to look very healthy and glory which I love! Therefore It looks really natural. It stays put all day, as long as you need it to and the price is fantastic! It's half the price of the foundation I used to buy (Revlon Colourstay) but so much more convenient because this foundation has a pump glass bottle! I don't think I can praise this foundation highly enough, and I definitely recommend giving it a try if you want a good high coverage foundation!

on 3/11/2015 11:17:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Pretty impressed with this foundation. Bought in in the lightest shade, Ivory, and was a bit dubious after swatching it on my hand as it looked quite orange. Im quite pale with dry skin, so I wasn't sure how this would work. I wouldn't say it's ideal for dry skin as it dries to a matte finish, but with moisturize underneath you can make it work. After applying it, it seemed to match my skin tone pretty well so I was happy with that. I applied it after putting on my moisturiser, and initially it felt quite heavy and a bit sticky on my skin, like it was just sitting on top. The coverage is medium-full, which suits me well. Covered up the redness on my cheeks and evened out my skin tone. It lasts a good few hours as well which is a plus.
Overall a good foundation, perfect for nights out and days where you need a bit more coverage.

on 3/11/2015 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A new link should have been made for this foundation since Lasting Finish has been reformulated a few times in the last ten years. The latest version is Comfort Serum. It's a thicker formula and longer lasting, but it can appear cakey if you apply too much. Sheering it out with a damp sponge works better than using your hands or a brush. As usual, the packaging is awful. The UK and countries overseas always get pumps on foundation bottles. I think Americans are willing to pay $2 more to have one too! The coverage with this foundation is definitely good, but it's one of those that you can feel on your skin. I don't recommend wearing it in extremely humid or hot climates unless you're used to that heavy feeling. I prefer a lighter foundation and then concealer where I need it. I think there is spf 20, so it's not a foundation for photography. The price is decent and Rimmel never overcharges for their cosmetics.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

FYI in case they're different, this is for the newer formulation in the glass bottle (not squeezy tube).

I think that this just might be my HG. I have tried so many foundations; to name a few: Nars Sheer Glow, Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation, L'Oreal Visible Lift Serum, L'Oreal Truematch, Revlon Photoready, Revlon Photoready Stick, Revlon Colorstay, Covergirl Ready Set Go (or whatever it is called), and Covergirl 3-in-1. What I look for in foundation: long wear, moisturizing, medium to full coverage, sets on its own without powder (L'Oreal Truematch never seems to set on me), comes in a color light enough for my skin, and doesn't make me break out.

This has it all and does it all. It makes my skin look glowy, smooth, and it stays on so well all day! I have nothing bad to say about it, unlike all of the other foundations that I've tried. It doesn't make me break out, and it keeps my skin moisturized. I don't use powder or setting spray, and it still stays looking great. I LOVE it so much!

UPDATE: A month later - this is still my holy grail. I literally have no desire to even purchase anything else. This is perfect. Well, if it had a pump, it would be perfect :-p But formula-wise, this is complete and utter perfection. Still no breakouts, still looking better than I ever have at the end of every 12 hour or so workday.

UPDATE #2: Six months later (!!!) and this is still my favorite. A true HG. I'm so happy that I tried this.

This stuff is very thick. Even with a primer and setting spray, it settled into lines pretty quickly. My biggest issue was that it felt so uncomfortable, like I was wearing stage make up. Maybe good if you have REALLY bad skin, but any oil and this stuff wipes away. Not a winner in my book.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my first review on here, so this must be really good. I am really surprised by this foundation. I am 37 years old and have been trying to find a foundation that I love for years. I have combination occassional acne skin with dry areas, so I have never found a foundation that 1) covers acne scars/red marks, 2) does not sit in the fine lines making you look older than you are, 3) does not highlight any dry areas and just make it drier, 4) that evens out skin tone.
When I had bad days with acne and needed coverage, I was using Estee Lauder Double Wear, however, this makes the dry patches worse. The coverage is okay, and the colour was fine, but I could not wear it every day due to the drying effect it had on me. When I added some moisturiser to it, the coverage was lacking.
I got a sample of this foundation from a magazine, and thought I would give it a try. The colour match is perfect for me for starters (Ivory). I put this on with a flat headed brush, so I could stipple over any redder areas. The coverage is great, evens out skin tone, covers acne marks, and some mild thread veins on my cheeks, does not highlight dry patches, more like keeps them moisturised, does not sit in the fine lines round my eyes, and I have glowy skin now that looks natural, and I don't seem to need a powder over the top, as it is dewy, but not completely matte. I keep looking in the mirror, this is the best I have looked for ages, I just love this foundation! The only bad thing about this, is when I take it off at night, and I see my skin does not really look that good without it...... :-(

on 2/27/2015 11:55:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Bought #101 Classic Ivory.
HG foundation. Lasts and lasts and lasts! No oil slick on my face, even after 12 hours! No transfer even if rubbing your face with a tissue, or my shirt. Color blends perfectly with my skin, controls oil without drying my skin. Doesn't settle into my pores or wrinkles. Covers perfectly, you don't need much. Will definitely buy again. Just wish it had a pump.