December 22, 2014 | 1494 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Dream Satin Liquid

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 7:52:00 AM More reviews by faahlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This foundation is one of the first ones that I've tried and I'm generally amazed by this! I have it in 'Cocoa' and it mathches my skin perfectly! I don't need a lot of coverage, i just spot it on certain parts of my face like my nose, chin and lower part of the temples, as they are a bit discoloured. I got this at Boots a few months ago, it was on sale for 5/6£ (great bargain right??). I have combination skin and some dry patches on my cheeks, nothing serious, but this foundation coves them and I feel like they are less evident when I remove it! It doesn't have perfume wich is good if you are sensitive to it. It smells like and unscented lotion would smell like (if that makes sense...). Overall, if you are looking for a natural look with light to medium coverage (it is a bit buildable but not necessary to me; it doesn't cake) fresh faced for everyday looks then this is the foundation for you! Also, my sister has oily skin and she uses and swears by this product! I guess if you have oily skin and put several layers of this on your skin it would get oily, but again this is not the foundation for it! Just apply small amounts with your fingers and blend well (or with a stipling brush if you're into it...). I recomend this especially for people that need light/ medium coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by MissKC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I used to use this product back when I was just starting to actually wear a little, (a LONG time ago!) and I did love it back then, when I went back to it though after several other experiments with different foundations, I didnt like it quite as much.
This product is around £8 from Boots - which I think is decent for a foundation - but there are cheaper ones out there.

Advantages:
I think it is great if you are looking for that quick and easy foundation that you can just put on if your not going anywhere special - like a walk to the shop, or round a friends' house. Its lightweight and doesnt cake up at all so does feel as if you dont have anything on.

Disadvantages:
I have combination skin, for me - liquid foundation just isnt the best, it tends to come off super quickly and doesnt give the coverage I want -- this foundation was no different. When I was younger and didnt need the coverage I do now - it was perfect, but as I have got older and my skin has become more dependent on coverage - I need make up that is going to stay on and cover me well. Although the dispenser is easy and is not fidely to get the foundation out, when the make up starts to run out, you'll find that there is still loads at the bottom but the tube reaching the make up doesnt reach that far - so leaves loads left. :-/

Recommendations:
This product can be used with powders and other foundations as it doesnt cake at all.
Can be used for sensitive skin as isnt irritable.

Hope I helped. x

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 11:22:00 AM More reviews by adriannepk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Have been using this product as my everyday makeup to work for about 2 months. Orginally bought a bottle of it in "Cameo" a few months ago but felt it was too pink toned. There was a Maybelline promotion at a local pharmacy so I picked up the shade "Nude". I mix the two together to achieve the perfect shade for my skin.
I usually buy high end foundations Estee Lauder doublewear or Mac studio sculpt, but decided to give this a proper go and wear it EVERYDAY.
I am absolutely delighted with the results! I have NEVER received so many compliments about how good my skin looks.
It is the easiest foundation to apply. I use 1 pump of each shade and mix together on the back of my hand. If I want to feel extra fresh I add a small drop Benefits Girl Meet Pearl. (In the beginnning I did this much more often but now I feel the foundation is usually sufficient in providing a dewy finish, unless I got very little sleep!) Then I use a stippling brush to buff it in all over my face. I originally was setting this with MAC mineralise finish but now I am setting it with MAC studio fix fluid spray which adds to the ultra dewy look this makeup provides.
I find the wearing time very good for a "drug-store" product. I usually do a 9 hour day at work and have no need to top-up or use any powders during the day, which is really impressive considering the air quality in the office (it is always uncomfortably warm!).
Honestly this makeup is like a second skin. It provides medium coverage (with the amount that I use) but the way it sits on your skin allows your natural beauty to show through (I don't really know how to describe it!) It gives the effect that you are not wearing makeup and have just naturally gorgeous skin, while hiding imperfection.
This makeup makes me feel confident and makes me look fresh and awake in the morning- even though I'm usually not!
As I mentioned before, the amount of compliments I have gotten since I have started to use this makeup is crazy!! I still use Estee Lauder when I go out- as I'm always worried about wearing time, although the Dream Satin has proved itself to me so I don't know why I get nervous about wearing it out, but I think I will. I really really like how this makes my skin look, and now when I put on doublewear I think I look a bit strange!
Well done to Maybelline for converting a foundation snob to a drug store product!!! This might actually be my HG!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2012 8:39:00 AM More reviews by MichaelaL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like the packaging, its simple, product is easy to get out, hygienic & you can easily see how much is left.

The colour is fantastic, I chose Ivory which is a perfect match for my winter colour and blended nicely with my natural skin colour.

The product is a little watery for my liking, didnt feel 'dream satin' too me. Its not the best coverage I have ever had, I dont need to cover up too many blemishes but I do like to go for the full cover look and this didnt quite do what i wanted with one application. I have oily T zone so just put a second coat on my cheeks and topped with Jelly pong pong mineral powder (which is also not brilliant on its own but il do a seperate review for that!) this gave an overall nice finish I was pleased with.

Lasting power, good, but I got a serious shine-on through my T zone after a few hours and had to put some transparent powder on to fix. Few hours later the same thing happens, although the actual colour and finish everywhere else is still very good.

I wouldn't buy this product again, but I will use this one up for work and for messing about at home. Its a shame as the colour is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 6:12:00 AM More reviews by Bethlove1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm in love with this foundation. I hate the dream matte mousse so I was abit on edge about getting this, but I did. I love the coverage it's covers all my imperfections and I don't get much blemishes so I when I do I just conceal them. I love the pump it pumps out the correct amount I need for my whole face and I apply it with a stipple brush. It's really nice and light-weight my favourite foundation yet!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by rachelicious904

This is a good foundation for the price. Others have said that it gives medium coverage but I'd say it's more light! If I was a bit spotty that week I'd use a different foundation as this wouldn't cut it. It does go on evenly and covers any red patches and feels really nice on the skin. You feel like your skin can breathe as it's so light. Its okay for an everyday foundation but for going out and special occasions I do like to use something a bit more HE. I have this in ivory so it matches my winter skin however I haven't used it much this winter as I've been using Jergens Natural Glow. To be fair it's a damn sight better than other DS foundations I have used and if I was on a budget I would repurchase this over others.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by retroskyowl

I was actually really disapointed when i used this.. I have quite acne-prone face, and since started medication i have some dry skin on my face which is the side effect of one of my creams.. This foundation just got clogged up in it, and didnt cover any of me up apart from making my face look really greasy:/

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2011 8:49:00 AM More reviews by CookieMonster222

My favourite and probably best foundation I've used so far. It goes on so effortlessly and blends into my skin really well. Whilst giving me an almost full coverage with little need for concealer :) This foundation is also really easy to build up if needed - doesn't look cakey. In fact it looks almost natural, as though you're hardly wearing any makeup at all. (even with a finishing powder applied on top). It gives a nice, warm and refreshed look to my face that lasts nearly all day. Leaving it feeling smooth and soft. It hasn't dried out my skin, made oily areas shiny or caused any extra breakouts than normal. I've finally found a foundation that compliments my combination skin :D
My only complaint, is that sometimes the pump seems to stick and it takes a while before any foundation will come out. However I think it might just be the bottle I picked up.
It's a great foundation for the price and has probably saved me a lot of money by not wasting it on more expensive brands that do nothing for me. Definitely buying again.

EDIT: After using this for about a month, I've now come to see the problem I seem to have with all foundations I love to start off with. I can't figure out what I did when I first bought it but now I just can't make it look as well as it did. The end result slowly lost it's glow and flawlessness. After a few hours it would accentuate smile lines and the pores around my nose and forehead, and it didn't give as much coverage as I used to find. I really can't get my head around it... I don't think I've changed anything or done anything differently, but either way I'm still searching for my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2011 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Ribena76

I love this foundation! It goes on so well and gives a medium coverage that hides my imperfections rather well. I still use some concealer, but because it's so lightweight and easily build-able, I don't need to use as much as I would with other foundations. Plus, it allows you to do so without looking cake-y or too obvious. Not only does it not feel heavy on the skin, it also feels really smooth and soft. (Although I do tend to use a facial scrub, moisturiser and primer beforehand).
The colour range is good and although I use Ivory which is probably a shade too dark for my skin tone, strangely I find it to be a lot more complimentary than if using a shade that actually matched. The Ivory shade is great for blending into my pale skin, giving it a (not orange!) warm and healthy colour. In fact the other day, I received quite a lot of compliments on how nice and fresh-faced I looked. :)
The thing I love most about this foundation is that it goes great with my favourite mineral powder applied on top, and the finished result looks as though you are hardly wearing any make-up at all! Result!
For that I would have given it a 5 but it doesn't quite last all day, but if applying a good setting spray afterwards I'm sure it would do.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by FrazzleDazzle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Well, hello Makeup Alley. Last time I was here i was my 17 year old self and soooo cringy (yep looking over old reviews). Thankfully I know a bit more about makeup now. :) Anyway

I am so impressed with this foundation. It is amazing, I use it every single day and even add another layer if I'm going out that night to up the coverage its that versatile. I find it almost perfect, the colour, the consistency, the finish...

The colour - it matches me so well because I got my mum who was with me at the time to help me chose. I got 004 in Light Porcelain which is one of the lighter ones, even though I'm not a procelain colour at all... people would consider me a bit tanned (Mac NC25). So be careful with the colours as with its other foundations, maybellines colours tend to run quite dark. And its always better to have a foundation thats a bit light than a bit dark - thats my tip :). Make sure you try out the foundation on your neck to see if it matches, that is the key.

The consistency - Ooh this is so lovely, the best I've tried. My skin is so dry and it makes normal foundations a nightmare to put on and blend in. But this literally glides over my skin. I recommend using your hands - you won't need a brush.

The finish - Feels light on your skin, as if you aren't wearing anything and looks very natural - a great base for your blush, bronzer whatever :). Now the coverage is quite light, but even if you have acne skin I would recommend this. Just dab on some thick concealer onto exactly where you need it with a small brush to avoid cakiness. And this foundation even out the skin tone and will make the rest of your skin look quite dewy and healthy.
I don't know why this isn't more popular, it deserves to be :) I think it's a great foundation.