July 28, 2014 | 1093 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Dream Satin Liquid

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 6:12:00 AM More reviews by Bethlove1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm in love with this foundation. I hate the dream matte mousse so I was abit on edge about getting this, but I did. I love the coverage it's covers all my imperfections and I don't get much blemishes so I when I do I just conceal them. I love the pump it pumps out the correct amount I need for my whole face and I apply it with a stipple brush. It's really nice and light-weight my favourite foundation yet!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by rachelicious904

This is a good foundation for the price. Others have said that it gives medium coverage but I'd say it's more light! If I was a bit spotty that week I'd use a different foundation as this wouldn't cut it. It does go on evenly and covers any red patches and feels really nice on the skin. You feel like your skin can breathe as it's so light. Its okay for an everyday foundation but for going out and special occasions I do like to use something a bit more HE. I have this in ivory so it matches my winter skin however I haven't used it much this winter as I've been using Jergens Natural Glow. To be fair it's a damn sight better than other DS foundations I have used and if I was on a budget I would repurchase this over others.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by retroskyowl

I was actually really disapointed when i used this.. I have quite acne-prone face, and since started medication i have some dry skin on my face which is the side effect of one of my creams.. This foundation just got clogged up in it, and didnt cover any of me up apart from making my face look really greasy:/

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2011 8:49:00 AM More reviews by CookieMonster222

My favourite and probably best foundation I've used so far. It goes on so effortlessly and blends into my skin really well. Whilst giving me an almost full coverage with little need for concealer :) This foundation is also really easy to build up if needed - doesn't look cakey. In fact it looks almost natural, as though you're hardly wearing any makeup at all. (even with a finishing powder applied on top). It gives a nice, warm and refreshed look to my face that lasts nearly all day. Leaving it feeling smooth and soft. It hasn't dried out my skin, made oily areas shiny or caused any extra breakouts than normal. I've finally found a foundation that compliments my combination skin :D
My only complaint, is that sometimes the pump seems to stick and it takes a while before any foundation will come out. However I think it might just be the bottle I picked up.
It's a great foundation for the price and has probably saved me a lot of money by not wasting it on more expensive brands that do nothing for me. Definitely buying again.

EDIT: After using this for about a month, I've now come to see the problem I seem to have with all foundations I love to start off with. I can't figure out what I did when I first bought it but now I just can't make it look as well as it did. The end result slowly lost it's glow and flawlessness. After a few hours it would accentuate smile lines and the pores around my nose and forehead, and it didn't give as much coverage as I used to find. I really can't get my head around it... I don't think I've changed anything or done anything differently, but either way I'm still searching for my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2011 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Ribena76

I love this foundation! It goes on so well and gives a medium coverage that hides my imperfections rather well. I still use some concealer, but because it's so lightweight and easily build-able, I don't need to use as much as I would with other foundations. Plus, it allows you to do so without looking cake-y or too obvious. Not only does it not feel heavy on the skin, it also feels really smooth and soft. (Although I do tend to use a facial scrub, moisturiser and primer beforehand).
The colour range is good and although I use Ivory which is probably a shade too dark for my skin tone, strangely I find it to be a lot more complimentary than if using a shade that actually matched. The Ivory shade is great for blending into my pale skin, giving it a (not orange!) warm and healthy colour. In fact the other day, I received quite a lot of compliments on how nice and fresh-faced I looked. :)
The thing I love most about this foundation is that it goes great with my favourite mineral powder applied on top, and the finished result looks as though you are hardly wearing any make-up at all! Result!
For that I would have given it a 5 but it doesn't quite last all day, but if applying a good setting spray afterwards I'm sure it would do.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by FrazzleDazzle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Well, hello Makeup Alley. Last time I was here i was my 17 year old self and soooo cringy (yep looking over old reviews). Thankfully I know a bit more about makeup now. :) Anyway

I am so impressed with this foundation. It is amazing, I use it every single day and even add another layer if I'm going out that night to up the coverage its that versatile. I find it almost perfect, the colour, the consistency, the finish...

The colour - it matches me so well because I got my mum who was with me at the time to help me chose. I got 004 in Light Porcelain which is one of the lighter ones, even though I'm not a procelain colour at all... people would consider me a bit tanned (Mac NC25). So be careful with the colours as with its other foundations, maybellines colours tend to run quite dark. And its always better to have a foundation thats a bit light than a bit dark - thats my tip :). Make sure you try out the foundation on your neck to see if it matches, that is the key.

The consistency - Ooh this is so lovely, the best I've tried. My skin is so dry and it makes normal foundations a nightmare to put on and blend in. But this literally glides over my skin. I recommend using your hands - you won't need a brush.

The finish - Feels light on your skin, as if you aren't wearing anything and looks very natural - a great base for your blush, bronzer whatever :). Now the coverage is quite light, but even if you have acne skin I would recommend this. Just dab on some thick concealer onto exactly where you need it with a small brush to avoid cakiness. And this foundation even out the skin tone and will make the rest of your skin look quite dewy and healthy.
I don't know why this isn't more popular, it deserves to be :) I think it's a great foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2011 5:09:00 AM More reviews by beautyjunkie24

This is a great budget foundation, with really good coverage and a wide variety of shades. The only con is that it doesn't last all day but at the price it is very good value.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2011 4:18:00 PM More reviews by MissLana13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

When I applied this foundation it looks perfect on my cheeks, nose, temples and chin. Everywhere except on my forehead, it was really strange, something just wasn't right. I can't really explain what happened, it looked somewhat patchy, but with really small patches.
It has great coverage, I have zits and acne scaring and I found that this product covers it really nicely but still looks quite natural.
If you have an oily T-zone you'll find that you do need a powder there.
The biggest downside of this foundation is that it didn't last very long on me. After setting it with powder it lasted a bit longer but still not long enough. It looks great on me for 3-4 hours, after that I start to see some shine on my forehead and after 6 hours this foundation is totally disappeared. I used this while going out and it disappeared even faster, after 3 hours of partying and dancing it was completely gone.
I'm still going to use my bottle up because I think it's fine but probably won't buy this foundation again.
For people with a less oily or dry skin this probably makes a great foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 2:04:00 AM More reviews by sammyfriday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The best foundation I have ever used. I have normal to dry skin. I have to mix two shades to get a perfect match (I use Ivory 010 and Ivory 020), but it is easy since the bottle has a pump. It is a little thick, so I mix in a little Revlon Age Defying Illuminator and I have the perfect medium, lightly dewy coverage. I do set with a little powder. This makeup makes my skin look perfect and lasts all day without settling into lines or pores. I have tried multiple department store brands and drug store brands in my life. I wish I had found a foundation like this twenty years ago!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2011 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Kaylaxox

I purchased this foundation a few weeks ago and i really like it. It gives great coverage and lasts for hours, so you dont have to keep applying it through out the day. It comes in a variety of colours from ivory to cocoa. I use the founation in the colour ivory and it matches my skin tone perfectly.The foundation bottle also has a pump which i prefer as its much more hygienic.
i love this product and i would definitely purchase it again. In Irelnad this product can be purchased for around €9 or €10( i cant remember the exact price!) which in my opinion is a very good price for a great product .
Before i started using this foundation i used the Dream Smooth Mousse but i find that the liquid version stays on for much longer. When applying this foundation i use my hands to start of then i use my 'Ruby & Mille' foundation brush from boots to finish off i really like this brush and i got it for a total bargain in the boots sale for €1!!
i would give this foundation a 4/5 :)