October 21, 2014 | 857 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - 'Lingerie de Peau' Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Lorezt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my very first review in MUA because this product is worth it!

I got a sample from Sephora and absolutely fell inlove with this foundation. My country is humid all year round so picking a foundation can be really tough for me. I had it on for the whole day and it stays really well! It does not feel heavy nor greasy (plus bonus for me) and it gives me a nice natural look (it has a satin finish, I prefer dewy finish but this works too!)

It gave me medium coverage. I have redness due to an allergic reaction and it covers the redness really well without covering my mole, thus the natural look. It's buildable so occasionally if I want a perfect look I'll just dab the spot with a little more of this stuff.

This may potentially be my HG foundation. It gives me the glow I wanted without looking cakey. Works great on dry/combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2013 8:36:00 AM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow.

Extraordinary.

I am well over 40 , still prone to breakouts, am a product s/lut, and this one nails in on a lot of levels.

I don't need complete coverage, I take good care of my body and skin, including eating lots of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, etc., hydrating, exercising, so my skin is in good shape. However, I do have uneven pigmentation, and am still prone to oil and breakouts if I use products that clog my pores.

Does not settle into fine lines or wrinkles, does not accentuate them, and just lifts my skin up to a wonderful luminous glow. Mahvelous!

This provides beautiful luminous coverage, without the famous mask like appearance, yet is still provides good coverage . . . some of those 'luminous' products from Dior, Chanel, etc., didn't go the extra mile, and I was woefully disappointed.

This one nails it with a good moderate coverage that flawlessly morphs into the skin, stays put, doesn't oxidize, and looks fantastic hours after application.

Holds the blush well, too.

Extremely pleased. Also, I've tried this in two colors ( 02 Claire for winter, 03 Neutral for summer), and both are extremely forgiving

Yes, I have already repurchased. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2013 3:02:00 AM More reviews by beautyjunkyannonymous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have combination/oily/dehydrated skin and this foundation wasn't the best for me. I initially tried a sample from Sephora, bought a full-sized bottle, but ended up returning it a week later. Upon application is when this stuff won me over. I really liked how lightweight it feels; it feels very fresh and water-like when applied to the skin (even more so than Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, which is similar). I was also impressed that despite the airy feel this stuff had, it actually offered very good coverage (I'd say the coverage is on par with the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua). However, with the Chanel I feel like it sits more on the surface of my skin (in a good way), while the Guerlain kind of gets sucked into my skin more... meaning that I feel like I usually need to apply more layers of the Guerlain to get the coverage I want. The deal-breaker for me with this stuff is how it separates on my skin, especially in areas like the sides of my nose and my chin. Yes, my skin gets very oily throughout the day, however, the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua seems to work a lot better in this aspect; it definitely doesn't control the oilies, but it doesn't separate on the skin and instead I just look very, very dewy (if I don't powder or blot)... alternately, with the Guerlain, I just look oily and like I have a little bit of foundation sitting on top of my skin. I tried this in shade 02 and I definitely would have preferred something more golden or yellow (this is supposedly neutral, not pink toned (12 is the pink-toned equivalent to 02) but in comparison to my skin, 02 looked slightly pink). For reference, I'm around NC25 in MAC, maybe NC20 in the winter, and in the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua I wear B20 and that matches my skin better than the Guerlain 02. I would also like to note that the Guerlain highlighted any dry skin patches or flakiness I had, and despite the similarities in formula to the Chanel, Vitalumiere Aqua never highlights these on my skin; it has the ability to glide over them as opposed to sinking into them. From my experience, I'd predict you'd need to have a very smooth, moist, relatively flawless complexion to pull this formula off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 5:08:00 AM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Lovely, light as a feather, your skin but better. Reminds me of diorskin nude but that dries me out for some reason while this does not. Not full coverage so don't look for that here. One of my many great G foundations. I'm a rose Clair 12, Mac nw20, diorskin 022, cover fx p40, mercier TM blush. My go-to on a great skin day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation is OUTSTANDING... truly. I've tried everything: Chanel, MUFE, Benefit, Dior, Korres, etc. and this is quite possibly my new #1. It is quite similar to Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, in that it just sinks into the skin upon application. However, it has a better coverage than Chanel. The coverage is a solid medium. It evens out the skin tone and gives it an amazing glow that just gorgeous. Words can't describe how great this foundation is... you must try it for yourself.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by norami

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a sample from sephora. The shade matched perfectly, but honestly I really thought my cheap maybelline fit me foundation was way better. They both covered exactly the same, except the guerlain one made my shiny forehead even shinier (even with blot powder from MAC). Though I like my makeup to be high quality, I still think my drugstore foundation is better.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by ashleypaigetime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is absolutely incredible! Absolutely Holy Grail! It is best if you have a good skin care regimen- I use Ole Henriken's 3 Little Wonders. I do love my MUFE HD foundation, but it doesn't compare to the Lingerie de Peau. This foundation leaves me feeling so confident and beautiful! Completely worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

THIS STUFF IS STUNNING.

Gorgeous Guerlain packaging - feels incredibly luxurious, and the wee pump is perfect: one push will cover my whole face.
I think other reviewers are right when they say that the colour selection isn't the greatest, however 01 Beige Pale matches my skin PERFECTLY so I can't complain!

I think the formula is wonderful: it's a creamy liquid that really does melt into the skin - ALL other foundations I've tried sit on my skin to some extent, no matter how much blending, but this takes very little work to apply and it looks amazing - super easy to blend and buildable (although quite a light coverage overall). It covers imperfections whilst still letting your skin shine through - doesn't look like you're wearing makeup - it really is what I've been searching for for years! It's very lightly fragranced, so if you have really sensitive skin, perhaps you should try a sample first just in case...

Price is high, but I really do think it's worth it. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!

UPDATE: I've noticed that this foundation oxidises a TINY bit - and I really do mean tiny. I personally don't mind as I actually find that it gives me a bit of subtle colour, but if you have any doubts, you should definitely try a sample as it is quite an expensive foundation... (that said, I'm still absolutely in love with it!)

UPDATE 2: I'm finding I get a gorgeous result in application by actually mixing this with my Meteorites primer (1:1) and then applying by hand - just smoothing it into the skin like I would with the primer alone. I then add a little more over areas that need slightly more coverage, and I'm done - seriously flawless finish!!!

UPDATE 3: After playing around with application, I have found perfection: I mix the foundation with my Estee Lauder Illuminating Primer, and then apply with my hands - it is THE most subtle and long wearing application I've found! Absolutely perfect!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by itsiliii

Man I really REALLY wanted this foundation to work for me

PROS
-BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL texture. This stuff literally melts into your skin tone, covers well, and yet is still not visible to the eye. amazing!
-Gorgeous bottle, awesome pump

CONS
-EXPENSIVE, dang this was one of the most expensive foundations ive ever bought at 60 buckaroons x.x and it would be worth it I think if it were compatible with my skin type but its not. As I have mentioned countless times before my skin breakdowns most foundations and Guerlain's was no exception and for 60 bucks I dont think it's really worth it
... for me that is
-The color range is pretty bad, the shade closest to my skin pulled kind of light and too beige

Would definitely reccomend this to the normal skinned ladies!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by stealthxgrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is currently my favorite foundation. 01 Beige Pale is an absolute perfect match for me (MAC NC15). I wasn't sure I would like this foundation since I read it was a medium coverage at most, but I was pleasantly surprised. When I apply this with my Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush, it does an amazing job of covering up all of the rosacea on my cheeks, and redness on my chin. It doesn't feel heavy at all, yet it lasts all day without ever wearing off. I do have a really oily t-zone, but as long as I set this with powder, I have no issues whatsoever.