April 17, 2014 | 1973 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - 'Lingerie de Peau' Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have found it, my HG of foundation. I wanted something to replace my almost finished Mac F&B, which I do love, but is very very sheer and although buildable, I just don't have time most mornings.
After reading a rave of this foundation, I asked at the counter to have it put on, had a walk around town then went back and bought it. Shade 03. It was applied over the Skin Divin serum which I considered getting but decided it was out of my price range.
It's perfect. Colour matches beautifully, it is light and feels amazing on my skin but has a decent coverage. Not mask-like though - I wore it on it's own today, just a dab of blusher and it's just 'my skin but better'.
I have never, ever worn foundation without powdering but I did today as it looked so amazing. Dewy, but not greasy. No transfer, even when I (deliberately) pressed a tissue to my nose to check. I have combo skin and HUGE pores and was pleased to see this foundation adequately covered them. I like to apply foundation with my fingers not brush or sponge so I'm glad the MUA tols me it's supposed to be applied that way. I applied about a 5p piece size which spread over my whole face, and a bit more to do my nose again.
I don't have sensitive skin, so although I note the fragrance (and like it), it doesn't bother me. I haven't used this for long but I don't expect it to have any effect on my skin as I haven't had anything happen in 15+ years of make up experimentation.
It is expensive - £36! the most I've ever spent - and I don't especially like the bottle as generally you can't get all of it out. These are the only cons for me though. I will purchase again as I love the finish so much.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 3:09:00 AM More reviews by BritMC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
-Extremely lightweight consistency
-Smooths skin and hides pores very well
-Gives a decent medium coverage
-Applies easily

Cons:
-Too much fragrance
-Foundation bottle doesn't allow you to get out all the product easily
-Isn't very long lasting
-Disappointing colour range
-Expensive

Overall, I really like the finish of this foundation. It gives a slightly dewy finish and hides pores and imperfections really well. I just wish the packaging was slightly different, and that the wear time was longer! The fragrance could be a problem for people with sensitive skin. I didn't mind it too much, however I would prefer it were fragrance free. I like to wear this foundation for special occasions, but I can't justify wearing it everyday given its price and difficult packaging.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Caramellane

Pros:
Leaves a nice semi matte, natural looking finish. Finish lasted all day and didn't look shiny or pool into pores. The thin consistency is easy to apply with medium coverage.

Cons:
After using for a few days, my eyes became dry, irritated and red, also my cheeks became sore and warm feeling, it hurt to put on blush or apply eyeshadow for a few days after last use. I ended up deciding to avoid makeup and facial cleansers for about 4 days. I can't believe how irritated my skin became and am certain the culprit is the heavy added fragrance.

For reference, I'm nc10- nc15 with dry, sensitive skin that's prone to redness on cheeks and chin. The shade I tried was beige pale 01 ( the lightest , warm toned shade) unfortunately, beige pale was a tad too dark and too pink for me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a weeks- worth sample of this foundation from a sweet lady at Nordstrom. I feel like I was able to see how this foundation worked with my skin. I didnít feel like this foundation was anything special. On top of that it has poor staying power. I have had better luck with Armani, Benefit and YSL, or even Givenchy. I will not purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by dlgdcpa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is as good as it will ever get for me. I've tried: Bobbi Brown (many formula's, need the yellow tones), Lancome Rengerie, UD Naked (most recently), YSL TE, Dior Nude Glow (close to this, not as good though). Of all of these, and many were very good on some fronts, this is the best overall. It has med coverage if you use a brush, sheer if you use fingers, and it leaves a slightly, slightly glowy finish. Importantly, it does not settle into lines at all, like Lancome Rengerie, but unlike that fdtn, this lasts the whole day. It is not terribly mositurizing, maybe it isn't at all - I use Clinique Superdefense SPF 25 for very dry skin underneath and this has just a touch of shine sometimes show through on my nose. But at my age I like dewy, not matte. I would highly suggest this, I am NC25, UD Naked 4.0 (a little dark), Dior Glow in the "2" range, and 03 in this. Colors look good to me, though the numbering is puzzling. EDIT: this is not the right color and it is too much coverage. Went to Givenchy Airy Light.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by hellothere2013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Eh - I was looking for a good light natural foundation. I would research for hours for a good one and wished there was a blog showing a girl showing how she looked with various foundations. My wish was granted when I found temptalia.com. I studied all the various foundations she used and selected my favorite. It was lingerie de peau. Upon seeing the price, I tried to get over it. But, I thought, if I invest in a good foundation, I won't have to keep buying crappy DS foundations.

So I bought the foundation. I first bought the wrong color.. there is a small range, so if you happen to match, then great. Anyway, I returned it and got the right color.

When I used it, I didn't really think that much of it. It's okay. I feel like I can find something similair at a DS or a cheaper dep store. The smell is nice. But it dries too quickly. It's just okay. I have somewhat oily skin, so there were times when it looked a bit... cakey?

Good for: people who want light coverage foundation that smells good. People who can risk paying the large amount. You may just be dissapointed.

Not for: people who want medium-heavy coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

I think most people can agree that Guerlain has some great face products but poor color range. I got a sample of this in #2 from Sephora and was intrigued because I am not a foundation junkie. I try to avoid strong, potentially harmful chemicals in skin and foundation products and never look into brands like this. I honestly do not have most of the ingredients in this product but am pretty pleased to see it is void of some that I try to avoid. The sample was wonderful. I was so sad when it ran out and vowed to get a full size. The colors, however, are limited. I am about an NC20. I am pale and yellow but have redness in my face. #2 was the closest but it is a tad too beige and I need more yellow. #31 has more yellow but is too light. It still works for me though because it blends in and helps my face match my pale neck. I know there is #32 in Asia (or something like that) but I cannot find it here. That would probably work for me. Other than the color, the foundation is fragranced (not a fan) but it fades. The foundation does not melt off and looks natural. It has been the best foundation so far for my dry skin. Dry patches are still apparent but less, and it appears to glide over flaws in the face. I think the finish woud be more flawless if it were the correct color match. Lighter foundations tend to highlight imperfections (of course right?). I think it is worth the price because I would pay for something that works for me rather than get a lot of things that don't. The bottle is heavy and nice but simple and nothing major. Please Guerlain, more yellow based colors in the US. I use flat buffing brushes and lightly set with Laura Mercier mineral powder...setting helps but may not be necessary for this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by k_ten

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best foundation I have used in a LONG time. For the longest time, I've been using Too Faced powder foundation. It was the *exact* color of my skin, and, I could (using Shiseido foundation brush) stipple it into my problem/discoloration areas and still look like I wasn't really wearing much/any makeup.

Well, (darnit), I got a sample of this pricey stuff from Sephora - and gave it a try on half my face (powder on the other half). I asked my husband which side looked best, and immediately (no thought) pointed to the Lingerie side. Huh? He said 'your skin looks so much smoother and fresher on that side'. What? Now - let's get this straight. A MAN could tell the difference. immediately.

Bought it that day in full size. Still using it. This is what I think a BB cream wants to be (I've tried them all - meh). Light, slightly luminous, lasts all day; looks fresh and just 'better you', but not made up. Doesn't need a dusting of powder to set it. You *can* build it up, but I don't know that you really need to. The great news is a teeny, tiny bit goes a long, long way. I have to always remember to just squirt out the tiniest amount so I don't end up wasting it.

I use Urban Decay's primer underneath, and my skin has never looked so pore-less. Where has this stuff been all my life?

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by ivanabacowboy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love! Just love! My favorite liquid foundation product so far. Lighter satiny coverage. I am NW25-30ish (without any sun) and wear 03. 03 is a "hair" light but definitely "close enough". (In late summer I can wear 04.)

The packaging is very nice-heavy glass pump bottle. I apply either with my fingers or with the Shiseido foundation brush. My skin is mostly dry with the occasional late day t-zone shiney and really likes this foundation.

I wear this either with the Guerlain Meteorites Light Diffusing Perfecting Primer for a gorgeous "illuminated" look, or with Hourglass No. 28 Serum Primer. Both play well with this foundaton.

For a luxury line, not overly spendy (about $58).

Glides on and blends like a dream-skin but better. Flawless coverage. Not much else to say other than perfection in a bottle. Guerlain does not have an extensive shade range though, so definitely "try before you buy". Shades starting with 0 are "neutral/beigey". Shades starting with 3 are "yellowy". Shades starting with 1 are "pinky". Notwithstanding that I am NW in MAC, the Guerlain 1 shades were all way too pink for me, the 0 shades are a much better match.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by nartime

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had bought this in color 32 when in Europe. Is ok but not quite my color although the foundation is great. So, now I purchased 31 since it is available in the USA (thanks whomever thought of this we needed this color here!), and it is fenomenal! I'm oiliy, middle forties, no wrinkles but a little discoloration or "freckles". Also, for reference, I'm NC15 in MAC and this color if you look at the bottle you'll say "no way", well it blends beautifully and I've been told I look so "radiant" and "natural". I say this one is a keeper. I you have yellow undertones, try this one. Thanks Guerlain! By the way, I settle this with Laura Mercier Mineral Powder in Sand SPF15.