October 31, 2014 | 893 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2013 4:30:00 AM More reviews by veelui

i like this product when i first started using night cream. but because of unavoidable sun exposure, i switched to one that can help reduce spots and moisturize better

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Emm16

Picked this up for $7 at Walmart. Pretty good price I thought. It's a light tell moisturizer and feels great on the skin. Used it after a day in the sun and it cooled and refreshed my skin. Would I repurchase? Yes!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by aliskey62389

I use to buy this moisturizer years ago when it first came out and I don't know why I ever switched. It is made without mineral oil and other oils and is such a cooling light moisturizer good for sensitive and acne-prone skin. During the winter, it might not be quite heavy enough to protect your skin depending on your environment but for most of the year it's great and doesn't cause breakouts for me.

I only wish that it was in a pump or squeeze tube rather than an open vat.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by enabata

Really liked this as a day moisturizer, especially in the summer time. Just as it says I found it felt very refreshing and light on the skin.

Sinks in almost immediately, and doesn't leave a film or residue. I have an oiler skin type, with a tendency to become shiny especially in the t-zone area, I found this helped reduce shininess and greasiness.

Hasn't caused any irritation or breakouts for me and I've repurchased this twice in the last 6 months. Might avoid this if you have a drier skin type as it is quite light. I feel one of the downsides is that it doesn't have any SPF protection.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Beautyfanatica

This is literally a dupe for the Clinique moisture surge (besides the fragrance being different). I use this after i have washed my face and sprayed on a non-alcohol base toner. I would sometimes put another light moisturizer on top when i have drier skin. I hate when a moisturizer leaves a thick waxy layer on the skin. So I love this product because it seeps right into my skin immediately. Its light and perfect for the summer. For the price compared to the Clinque version, i would definitely repurchase this.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Teressafarnkopf

I've recently been having extremely dry skin due to a benzoyl peroxide face wash I'm currently using. I usually have oily skin so I wanted to buy a moisturizer that wouldn't give me more oil. I was hoping this moisturizer would help with my irritated itchy skin but it did not work at all. At first it feels soothing and cool but it quickly absorbed into my skin and did not give it any moisture. The only thing I love about it was the texture and smell, I just wish it worked for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by amye7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Literal skin rescue.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 3:01:00 AM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

A light-weight non-greasy gel creme that's great for use in summer. It moisturizes well and has a nice clean fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by 10100101

I love this moisturizer! I have combination skin, so although my skin can be oily in some spots, it still needs to be hydrated, and this cream is perfect for that. The whole jar lasted me nearly a year because you barely need any. If you have dry skin, this won't be enough for you, though.
It also doesn't leave a residue or irritate my skin, although I have had allergic reactions to certain moisturizers in the past.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Xtine66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

Not enough moisture for my dryish bits, esp my eye area. It's great for treating a nose who's been ravaged by the effects of a cold! No peeling, or painful redness when used as such often enough. My nose is oily of course, so that's probably why this stuff is so good for that :)

My Garnier BB cream doesn't like it at all. I can't blend it properly after using this, even when I apply it in tiny little dots and gently pat and pat. It just stuck and pulled when I got frustrated & tried shifting it as one would with a foundation. I wound up washing my face and starting over.

It occasionally burns a little when I use it near my eyes, which freaks me out. No redness or other weirdness, just a bit of a burning sensation.

When the Lioele gel with collagen and hyaluronic acid that I ordered from Korea arrives, this stuff will be relegated to the back of my makeup drawer. My BF likes it, so he can use it. ;)