Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

3.8

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Vitis Vinifera Extract/Grapefruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Menthoxypropanediol, Magnesium Gluconate, Sodium Citrate, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Calcium Gluconate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 42090/Blue 1, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol. [September 2010]

on 3/18/2014 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This product lists denatured alcohol as the third ingredient. I did a little research and discovered that this additive is harmful and is not something you want in your skin care products. Tossing it in the trash and washing it off of my face. Will use coconut oil in the meantime until I find a replacement.

I didn't like the heavy perfume smell nor the packaging, I prefer pumps to avoid contamination. This was a rush purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This moisturizer is pretty good, I have combo/oily skin that has some dry patches and even more so in the winter. It's very lightweight and cooling, and I love the smell. It does hydrate, but like others said, I use a different moisturizer for when my skin is drier. I did notice, however, that when I used this moisturizer and put my makeup on, I was less shiny in school than I'd usually be. One negative though is that since there's alcohol, whenever I'm having a sensitive skin day it might burn a little when I put it on.

I LOVE this moisturizer, I've been trying many moisturizer and could not find a right one for me. Many of them, some are greasy some are lack of moisturizing. This one is a gel, the color itself looks so refresh, it's smell like a natural sense , not as chemical fragrance. It does not greasy, go super light and fast absorb on your skin. Because it is light, it is a you must need to apply a little more otherwise it will still dry your skin out in the winter. But in the summer it is perfect. The cons is this product contains alcohol in the ingredient list, which I'm not sure if that is really a bad thing to your skin but most moisturizer has it too. I think many gel light-weight moisturizer contains alcohol though.

on 1/30/2014 12:25:00 PM

Love this product. I have combo skin that is very oily in my t-zone. I never thought I needed Moisturizer. Well I do! I need this one. It actually hydrates my skin and makes it less oily. I don't know how it works but my skin is less oily!! I love it!

on 1/28/2014 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is definitely a HG product for me!! It comes in a small glass jar and the gel-cream is a beautiful translucent light green gel. The smell is very refreshing. I have an oily t zone so I use a facial moisturizer everyday(biore), which dries my face out in the winter. What can I say! This does the trick! It's light enough to be put right ON my acne when the skin around it is all dry and adds more attention. Know what I mean? It's very light and absorbs quickly, given this isn't super super moisturizing(it wouldn't cure dry hands or arms). But for your face it's perfect! Will definitely rebuy when I run out.
---
Update: After two months of daily use on my slightly dry and sunburnt skin, I broke out in the weirdest skin rash. This gel started to burn on my skin and make it very very red. Maybe an allergic reaction?

Will not be repurchasing.

on 1/12/2014 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used to have oily skin, but since I've gone on AcneFree, my face has turned into combination, a bit oily, but now red and itchy with dry, peeling patches. It's just as fun as it sounds. I used to use Neutrogena's Oil Free Moisturizer, but it just didn't seem to be accomplishing what it used to for me. I decided on a new moisturizer that would be more focused for combo skin and would do better to clear up redness and dry patches. After only using this for a few hours, I can tell an immediate difference. The dry patches stayed gone after putting this on after exfoliating, which is a plus, and it feels so light and smells so fruity on your face! Kept my skin matte too. Definitely a fantastic investment for the long run :)

on 1/4/2014 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Love love love this product!! I've been using this product for 2-3 years, though I only use it in the summer months because it isn't rich enough for my dry skin during the winter months. It's oil-free and readily absorbs in without leaving a greasy or heavy after feel, which is great in a hot climate where sweating is inevitable (Phoenix, AZ). It leaves my skin feeling smooth, moisturized, and fresh. I apply it after cleansing and applying my vitamin c serum. It has a light pleasant smell that I like (or maybe I'm just addicted!).

What I rave most about this product is that I truly believe that switching to this moisturizer is what ultimately helped to clear my skin from chronic blackheads/clogged pores. It is the only consistent change I made in my skin care routine leading up to smoother, clearer skin. I tried so many different face washes that promised to alleviate blackheads/clogged pores and NOTHING worked until I started using this. I believe it helped clear my skin because it is so light and oil-free.

on 12/13/2013 7:26:00 PM

I have a very oily T-zone and very few moisturizers soak into my skin. This does the job perfectly. Not only does it give a touch of moisture to my skin, but it keeps the oil at bay all day! I would recommend this to anyone with oily skin as it is light and wont clog your pores. I wouldn't however recommend this for people with dry skin.

on 12/4/2013 2:45:00 PM

This product is great if your skin requires little help. It's light, and doesn't leave residue on your face. This is the perfect product to help soothe and moisturize my summer skin. Once winter hits though it's a whole other story. Using this product my skin was flaky and I developed clogged pores on my cheeks which something I've never had before.
I had to switch products and my skin is recovering nicely, but I wouldn't suggest this product to people with finicky skin.

on 11/27/2013 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My skin type is oily with moderate acne (black heads and a few cystic bumps).

I use the Cetaphil Normal to Oily Skin Cleanser, followed by Witch Hazel, and finished with Garnier's Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream.

Now, I like this product, but I'm not 100% in love and here's why:

I can tell that between my changed skin regimen that I have listed above that my skin has improved in quality and softness over the past 3 weeks. However, for the moisture rescue gel itself, I am torn. I wear it under my make-up in the mornings because it does really well at minimizing oil, which is a big deal for me. However, I definitely don't feel my skin drink it in. It kind of feels like rubbing nothing into your face and having the slightest feeling of film on your face afterwards (but a good film). So at night, I also use natural coconut oil on my face to help give it a bit of moisture overnight.

So overall, I have noticed that my skin has been improving since using this gel to my skin care system, but I changed my entire skin care system when I started using this. So I don't know how effective the product would be on a stand-alone level. But it's definitely worth a try if you're oily and want something to wear under your makeup!

Popular Moisturizers