September 19, 2014 | 1973 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by enabata

Really liked this as a day moisturizer, especially in the summer time. Just as it says I found it felt very refreshing and light on the skin.

Sinks in almost immediately, and doesn't leave a film or residue. I have an oiler skin type, with a tendency to become shiny especially in the t-zone area, I found this helped reduce shininess and greasiness.

Hasn't caused any irritation or breakouts for me and I've repurchased this twice in the last 6 months. Might avoid this if you have a drier skin type as it is quite light. I feel one of the downsides is that it doesn't have any SPF protection.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Beautyfanatica

This is literally a dupe for the Clinique moisture surge (besides the fragrance being different). I use this after i have washed my face and sprayed on a non-alcohol base toner. I would sometimes put another light moisturizer on top when i have drier skin. I hate when a moisturizer leaves a thick waxy layer on the skin. So I love this product because it seeps right into my skin immediately. Its light and perfect for the summer. For the price compared to the Clinque version, i would definitely repurchase this.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Teressafarnkopf

I've recently been having extremely dry skin due to a benzoyl peroxide face wash I'm currently using. I usually have oily skin so I wanted to buy a moisturizer that wouldn't give me more oil. I was hoping this moisturizer would help with my irritated itchy skin but it did not work at all. At first it feels soothing and cool but it quickly absorbed into my skin and did not give it any moisture. The only thing I love about it was the texture and smell, I just wish it worked for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by amye7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Literal skin rescue.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 3:01:00 AM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

A light-weight non-greasy gel creme that's great for use in summer. It moisturizes well and has a nice clean fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by 10100101

I love this moisturizer! I have combination skin, so although my skin can be oily in some spots, it still needs to be hydrated, and this cream is perfect for that. The whole jar lasted me nearly a year because you barely need any. If you have dry skin, this won't be enough for you, though.
It also doesn't leave a residue or irritate my skin, although I have had allergic reactions to certain moisturizers in the past.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Xtine66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

Not enough moisture for my dryish bits, esp my eye area. It's great for treating a nose who's been ravaged by the effects of a cold! No peeling, or painful redness when used as such often enough. My nose is oily of course, so that's probably why this stuff is so good for that :)

My Garnier BB cream doesn't like it at all. I can't blend it properly after using this, even when I apply it in tiny little dots and gently pat and pat. It just stuck and pulled when I got frustrated & tried shifting it as one would with a foundation. I wound up washing my face and starting over.

It occasionally burns a little when I use it near my eyes, which freaks me out. No redness or other weirdness, just a bit of a burning sensation.

When the Lioele gel with collagen and hyaluronic acid that I ordered from Korea arrives, this stuff will be relegated to the back of my makeup drawer. My BF likes it, so he can use it. ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by PowerFemme

This product is best suited for those with oily prone skin. I use this only in the summer and only in the morning. At night, I opt for something more moisturizing. This gel is hydrating and cooling, and dries without a trace of greasy residue. This makes it perfect for morning use for those with oily skin, particularly under makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by annettepe

This product is amazing! I have oily/combination skin and I always struggle with moisturizers as they tend to make my face more greasy or feeling sticky. This one absorbs into my skin so nicely while hydrating it at the same time. The fact that it is a gel prevents my face from feeling greasy unlike lotions. It smells so fresh and clean, which is always a plus! Also it is super affordable and one jar goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by mandagangsta20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The most difficult product to review! The product is so awesome and perfect for my oily/combination skin! It feels like water when you blend it into your skin and you hardly need any, and I mean, like, stick your finger in it and that is all you need for your face and neck! I've used this for about 2 months and it doesn't really look like I used much!
The things I don't like: This product is about 10 to 15CAD, which I think is a little much for 1.7oz of gel, even though you don't need a lot; Do NOT use this if you have dry skin, because even though my skin is oily\combination, it doesn't feel like you have been richly moisturized. It's like a light moisturizer. I am not too sure if I would repurchase until I finish this jar.