September 21, 2014 | 1765 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clinique - Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle and UV Damage Corrector [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by LookingGood85

This is for the reviewer below. This product IS NOT a foundation or even makeup of any sort! This is a correcting serum, to use as part of your skincare regime, not your makeup!!!!! Sounds like some major misunderstanding has happened between you and the assistant!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Anniemacd

I Was told this is to replace the Clinique repairwear foundation from the clinique sales assistant. iDon't be fooled,this is not the same!! It is runny,no coverage and overpriced.Clarins everlasting foundation is the nearest to the repairwear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

It worked !!! I had a lot of UV damaged melasma, I have used 55% lactic; 35% glycolic; and various Vitamin C products. In the past 7-8 years, they all work quite satisfactory but have a ceiling effect, and of course all those products make my skin much drier than normal. I developed a strategy to alternate these products and in between the rotation, I simply lay off these products & just use a heavier serum+moisturizer.
    I gathered a lot of points from Sephora & I got 2 x15 ml. bottles. I didn't think much about it, but just put it on clean skin, leave it for 30-40 minutes & top it with moisturizer. It didn't burn, didn't sting & I didn't think much about it ..... until the other day, I noticed my melasma looked much lighter. I have lay-off the Vitamin C for about 15 days before using this, so I credited the result to this Repairwear.
    I noticed the result after about 2 weeks, I guessed I already lay a ground work for this type of product.
    I suspect this has silica in it, (the samples do not carry an ingredient list), thus giving it a cosmetic effect, a smooth & poreless & brighter look. I will definitely purchase a full size when I finished the samples although I am expecting the ceiling effect before I switch back to Vit C or acids.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2011 7:47:00 AM More reviews by temmi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used this product in the fall of 2010. I'd been pretty bad to my skin over the summer. Hadn't worn sunscreen religiously, would fall asleep in a full face after a night of partying etc. My skin was dull and I was concerned about the damage that I couldn't see. I bought this and used it religiously till it was gone. It didn't do anything, at least nothing that I could see. Granted I have no lines or wrinkles, but I've gotten visible results from other serums such as EL's ANR. It did absolutely nothing for me, so once the bottle was empty, I moved on.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Espiegle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am on my 4th bottle of this, and it really seems to be the serum that's made the greatest- and quickest-improvement on my skin. I have come a long way from where I was a couple of years ago- over 40, all of a sudden my sun-worshipping damage became extremely obvious, etc etc. I've done some TCA peels (which "cleansed the palette") and have generally been fastidious with my skin.

I tried this serum about 8 months ago- up till then I had been using EL ANR and sometimes Oil of Olay Regenerist serum.
    I was hoping, obviously, that the Clinique serum would do what it said, as this was my particular problem (UV).

I use it morning and night and if I shower in between (gym, hot weather) I'll use it again. I do use it fairly generously- the texture, which is pretty runny, makes that happen as well, but I use it on my neck and a bit down on my decollete too.

The runny texture also makes me go through it kindof fast, but it doesn't bother me- as long as it's doing what it's supposed to be doing, it's worth the price, I figure.

On my neck it go rid of the slight roughness and lack of tautness that I was beginning to get in that area. On my face, the visibility of my pores is greatly, greatly reduced, and my skin is increasingly even-toned, and very soft.

I spray my face with thermal water (Avene) before I apply this, and depending on the kindof day I might have, and the weather, I'll layer another serum on top during the day, or BB cream. At night I use this, then ANR on top.
    I never avoid the eye area- am I supposed to??! I figure that I need it on my eyelids, and undereye area, so...

Because I usually have some left on my fingers, I rub the remainder into my hands.

All the serums use essentially the same kind of packaging- I guess it's ok to use, and fairly nice-looking.

The important thing is my skin has never looked better in my entire life, no joke.
    UPDATE: This seemed to stop making such a difference after awhile, and once that happened, it seemed too expensive. I stopped buying it

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by eky1

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am really surprised by this product. I've been dabbling with serums for a while now.
    I started off with Estee Lauders night repair concentrate, then moved on to Lancome Genefique Youth Activator - then got roped in to buying Lancome Visionnaire...
    Out of all these serums - this one worked for me. I have combo skin with visible pores.
    This visibly reduced the size of my pores without covering or filling like I found Visionnaire seemed to do.
    It doesn't really hydrate that well but I certainly don't need as much moisturiser as I did before. I'm almost to the bottom of the bottle with this and will buy again.
    My skin is overall more even and refined but the thing I noticed most is its effect on my pores.
    Very pleased.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2011 7:54:00 AM More reviews by nekolim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Um.. First of all, I am 21, and facing pimple scar, red spot and mild fine lines around my check, and eye bags with moderate black eye circle, so I am not fixing heavy wrinkles and huge scars.
    It's my 5th day on this product, it felt light, easy to absorb, apply before moisturizer, tho I rarely avoid the eye area(laziness sweep tru me sometime) cuz figuring it might help reduce eyebag/ black eye circle? >_<

So, the result of this product on my darkened pimple scar was progressive. I'm impress by it. Tho it does felt bit itchy after applying it.Not sure what is the mechanism triggering it, but no breakout, no allergy and no weird fragrant by the product. Just felt light, literarly nothing on ur face. But I do apply it in "targeted" area, and mind u, I DAP 1 bean size for 1 SCAR, to make my hard earn $ in this product really works.

Pimple scar- 5days, progressive
    Dark eye/eye bag- no obvious changes
    freckles?/fine lines - reduced(mild)
    breakout- NO
    Oily sensation/ vision/ look - NO.
    Irritation- NO.
    Will not buy again, cause still had 1 big tube of it, might last me forever. HAHA.. Bit pricey, selling for RM200 for 30mL only. Opt for other cheaper product before you go for this, result might be the same. ^^

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by flowerlover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It does seem to help my neck look less wrinkled, but it didn't do a thing for the rest of my face. Not worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by leslieb

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Meh...didnt break me out but it did seem to make my face feel irrated. I used this for a week and still felt meh.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by OVincze

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I first tried this product last December when I got the 7 ml size sample in a package. I had used ANR from EL before which I always thought was the best serum. The Clinique serum is not only cheaper but better too. In my opinion it works much better than many more expensive serums. The only thing I found that I used a bit more of it than of the ANR most likely due to its texture. The ANR may be a tad bit better as far as firming goes but the Clinique is the best of those I have tried so far as far as line reduction goes. I am 35 and have very faint lines but this serum makes most of those disappear. I notice a difference immediately when I try using something else. Once when I travelled I left my eye cream at home and only used this around my eyes and my eye area was beautiful when I woke up. In general, I have found that where it is better than the ANR is line reduction especially around the lips, like laughlines, forehead lines but crow's feet are muh reduced around the eyes as well. I love the performance of this product and it is definitely something I would keep purchasing again and again. I use Time Zone or Youth Surge afterwards and their nite cream versions for the nite. This product does not make me break out at all, whereas Lancome products always do. In my opinion, Genifique from Lancome is more similar to ANR but ANR is better. ANR firms more than this Clinique serum but I have very firm skin and if you are only seeing little lines due to dryness or age this would work wonders.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No