Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara

3.8

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am not sure if I am not liking this product bcos it is a sample. The formula should be the same. Not sure if the brush head really differs from the full size but I cant understand the logic behind this mascara. No volume no length. Super watery. The only thing nice about it is it doesnt smudge as quickly as my clinique. It is a sample and i am gonna toss it away. Keeping it till now to write a review.

on 10/24/2012 2:54:00 AM

I've tried a lot of mascaras over the years, and usually would fall back on great lash, but I have finally found the HG of mascaras and it's worth every penny. Makes my lashes more defined and longer, doesn't smear or flake, and removes easily at the end of the day. It really makes my eyes pop without looking overdone.
Editing on 9/1/2014: I stopped using this about 8 months ago. I had gotten this again in a Chanel gift set for my b-day on 8/19/1013 so thankfully I didn't have to re-purchase it this time. I think they must have changed the formula because it didn't act in the same way. This time it was flaking like crazy and even left smudges on occasion after wearing it for a few hours. I'm currently using the Covergirl Lash Blast 24 hours and the old standby, Maybelline great lash.

on 9/30/2012 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My lashes are of a medium length and I look for mascara that can separate, lengthen, curl and style my lashes. The Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara is a lovely and luxurious product that works for the minimal application I apply to my outer lashes.

The formula is lengthening, volumizing and curling and it lives up to its word although I do recommend using a lash curler before applying to product. This mascara lasts all day and adheres to the lashes well, but by the end of the day I do notice that some of the mascara has flaked off my lower lashes so I would not recommend this to anyone who wears heavy mascara on their lower lashes.

The wand is wonderful, I can feel it separate my lashes while distributing the ideal amount of mascara.

Overall I enjoy the mascara.

on 9/29/2012 2:12:00 PM

This mascara is my favourite, the brush is not too thick so it reaches all lashes and has good coverage. I have noticed that it enlongates the lashes and also makes them more thicker, so basic job of the mascara is done. However it takes it's time to dry and sometimes ends up leaving black marks under my eyes if my lashes touch there! This is annoying however I love the natural effect of the mascara so probably will buy it again!

on 9/25/2012 5:40:00 PM

This makes my lashes suuuuper long. It's not especially volumizing, but more so than Benefit's They're Real. On my tiny Asian lashes, though, every itsy bit helps. It's not the most natural looking lash, but given that my natural lashes are invisible, that's ok.

on 8/16/2012 3:28:00 AM

I had a sample of this mascara and I really really liked it. It has a nice volumizing, lenghtening effect and is really intensely black, and the best part: It doesn´t flake at all during the whole day and evening. Great Mascara, I consider buying a full size. Just one lippie off for the price.

on 8/15/2012 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It is damp dont buy it I am writing because I dont want anyone get disappointed as me. I just wanted throw it away and it doesnt deserve a pound.

on 8/3/2012 8:34:00 PM

I have been searching for a mascara that would wear all day and through a hot yoga class without smudging of flaking. Seems like a tall order and for about 2-3 weeks I can have that in the form of Trish Mcevoy's volume or curling mascaras. After that, it starts to flake. This is also quite costly and so I am always searching. This Chanel one, the SA assured me would live up to my wish list and supposedly would last for a couple of months. It did apply nicely and gave a good effect, but flaked within an hour and continued to leave specks all day. Back to the drawing board for me..

on 7/26/2012 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

This is my absolute favorite mascara. The consistency of the formula is the only one that can make my sparse lashes look very full without weighing the hairs down.Yes, it's expensive - one lippie off for that! - that's why I only use it for special occasions and when I feel like I need a confidence boost.

on 6/22/2012 5:10:00 AM

Clumpy, average, expensive! There are many better ones out there...