November 23, 2014 | 1959 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Inimitable Intense Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by JudiWickham

I have been searching for a mascara that would wear all day and through a hot yoga class without smudging of flaking. Seems like a tall order and for about 2-3 weeks I can have that in the form of Trish Mcevoy's volume or curling mascaras. After that, it starts to flake. This is also quite costly and so I am always searching. This Chanel one, the SA assured me would live up to my wish list and supposedly would last for a couple of months. It did apply nicely and gave a good effect, but flaked within an hour and continued to leave specks all day. Back to the drawing board for me..

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by abigtourist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favorite mascara. The consistency of the formula is the only one that can make my sparse lashes look very full without weighing the hairs down.Yes, it's expensive - one lippie off for that! - that's why I only use it for special occasions and when I feel like I need a confidence boost.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2012 5:10:00 AM More reviews by artcat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Clumpy, average, expensive! There are many better ones out there...

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2012 4:04:00 AM More reviews by beardpapa

This is actually for the Chanel Inimitable Extreme mascara.

-> first of all I did not get the extreme volume that was promised. My eyelashes were looking "spidery" which was a big turnoff.

-> WORST OF ALL, my eyelashes started falling off (and same for my mom). I went to the Chanel counter but all the solace I got was I should use one of their expensive mascara removers. Excuse me? What about the eyelashes that ARE GONE? I won't pay more $$$ for your bullshit products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 3:10:00 AM More reviews by cheetah7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried so many mascaras from cheap drugstore to expensive department store brands and I must say this is one of the best mascaras I have ever used. My list is very short when it comes to great mascaras and this one is on that list. I already have long and fairly thick lashes to begin with but one pass of this and it looks dramatic. Maybe even a bit dramatic for daytime as it gave my lashes an extra boost of length and body without clumping or grouping. Most mascaras I've used always clump and group my lashes into sections even with one swipe and it didn't matter if it was expensive or not. The results were always the same. I was surprised when this one actually separated my lashes nicely. I was asked on two separate occasions if I was wearing false lashes when wearing this. I don't know how it looks with 2 coats as one coat was more than enough for me. The rubber bristles is easy to use and doesn't deposit too much product on lashes. Lasted all day without flaking or smudging on my oily lids. At $30 a pop it's expensive but I don't use it everyday so it may last a while. I may repurchase when it runs out though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by BexV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara, really easy to apply, the brush is fantastic. It doesn't flake or go clumpy and it lasts all day! I am so so fussy with mascara, I have tried what seems like almost every brand, from cheap to expensive and I have to say this is probably the best mascara I have ever used. It makes my lashes look long and curled and the colour is a perfect black. The only mascara I have bought two of!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2012 3:28:00 AM More reviews by honeylamb21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought the purple/plummy color of Inimitable Intense, which translates to an anemic, murky black on the lashes. While it did lengthen my lashes to a degree, it made them chunky and grainy, the effect of a mascara that has been wallowing in the bowels of my handbag for years. The wand is thick and blunt ,with a prickly stubble of rubber bristles.

The packaging looks and feels second-rate, with a fat, square handle that's awkward to hold. The formula wears fairly well with minimal smudging, but that is its only redeeming quality. A huge rip-off!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Excellent, excellent mascara. As the name implies, it's pretty dramatic - on me it's a little too much for daytime with a single coat. Staying power is phenomenal, too - wore it to the beach without a smudge and then was able to wash it right off with my regular Philosophy Purity cleanser without rubbing too much at my eyes. I'll keep buying it for dramatic evenings as long as they keep making it, even if it does cost an arm and a leg.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by LadyxBec

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this. It is by fare the best mascara I've used, and enough to make me give up the others.
The GOOD:
This can be worn so many ways - one coat is more natural and gives me lovely soft lashes, but it is very build-able, without being clumpy and can give me stunning false-looking lashed with 3-4 coats. It stays all day (regular version, not waterproof) and comes off with no problems at night. I also really like the brush, it give great seperation and coverage, and is small enough for my lower lashes and the corners of my eyes. The formula is a really nice, deep black, not too glossy but not dull and matte either. I find that a tube lasts a long time - I replace about every 3 months because I am worried about bacteria, but it's never unuseable or empty at that point. I think it could last longer, maybe 5-6 months.

The BAD:
I'm not gonna lie, this is expensive. But for me it's worth it :)

I would re-buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by erikakakaka

This is my HG mascara, and coming from someone who's tried and tested well over 50 different mascaras over the years, I think that's a pretty good review in itself. Makes my long lashes look even longer, fuller, thicker and perfectly fanned out. It's the only mascara that I've EVER been able to use just one coat of for perfectly dramatic lashes, so my makeup takes no time at all!
Does not flake or smudge on me (despite having super oily lids/skin) and although it comes off easily with makeup remover, it stays put perfectly all day.
Yeah, it's a bit pricey...but it's Chanel. It's also awesome and in my opinion, totally worth the price. Will be purchasing again and again and as long as Chanel keep making this then I have no need to buy any other kind of macara ever again! :)