April 19, 2014 | 1767 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Inimitable Intense Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by LadyxBec

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this. It is by fare the best mascara I've used, and enough to make me give up the others.
The GOOD:
This can be worn so many ways - one coat is more natural and gives me lovely soft lashes, but it is very build-able, without being clumpy and can give me stunning false-looking lashed with 3-4 coats. It stays all day (regular version, not waterproof) and comes off with no problems at night. I also really like the brush, it give great seperation and coverage, and is small enough for my lower lashes and the corners of my eyes. The formula is a really nice, deep black, not too glossy but not dull and matte either. I find that a tube lasts a long time - I replace about every 3 months because I am worried about bacteria, but it's never unuseable or empty at that point. I think it could last longer, maybe 5-6 months.

The BAD:
I'm not gonna lie, this is expensive. But for me it's worth it :)

I would re-buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by erikakakaka

This is my HG mascara, and coming from someone who's tried and tested well over 50 different mascaras over the years, I think that's a pretty good review in itself. Makes my long lashes look even longer, fuller, thicker and perfectly fanned out. It's the only mascara that I've EVER been able to use just one coat of for perfectly dramatic lashes, so my makeup takes no time at all!
Does not flake or smudge on me (despite having super oily lids/skin) and although it comes off easily with makeup remover, it stays put perfectly all day.
Yeah, it's a bit pricey...but it's Chanel. It's also awesome and in my opinion, totally worth the price. Will be purchasing again and again and as long as Chanel keep making this then I have no need to buy any other kind of macara ever again! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by 1SUNNYBUNNY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My new favourite mascara! My skin does tend to get a little oily near the end of the day and my mascara would run. But since this mascara is waterproof, it last all day. I do use it with the Chanel makeup curler too (which also works wonder). The only problem I have with it is that it is a little difficult to remove but this may be the eye makeup remover's fault. I've been using the Chanel's eye makeup remover but I think I will switch back to Elizabeth Arden.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by kristinrdh

Pros:
- Works great
- stays on longer then others

Cons:
- HAS PARABENS
- around 3pm starts flaking

Overall: Chanel has only let me down with a couple of products. I used to use Dior Show until I started working full days after college. That stuff is all over my under eye area by noon. This mascara takes very little to make my lashes look amazing. I was dissapointed that the mascara didn't last me 3 months. It didn't run out, it just got very dry after about 7 weeks.

With that being said I have to say that I found out that preservatives have been making my asthma worse. I discontinued using my toiletry products that had parabens in them and i have to say I can breathe much better. I doubt Chanel is going to jump on the bandwagon of reformulating without parabens anytime soon.

Sad for me. That is the only reason I gave it a 4 instead of 5. If you're not allergic to preservatives, then I'd say its worth the $30.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Remarkable

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This little, elegant, simple black pen-looking thingy is the one of the loveliest-looking mascaras I have ever used. I only use Chanel products but I used to be pissed by Chanel mascaras before so I used Lancôme Hypnose, Lancôme Hypnose Drama and Lancôme Hypnose Doll Lashes ever since I wear makeup or they exist - the original Hypnose has been on the market for quite a while and I am only 23. But at one of my recent purchases, I was given a Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara sample and I used it the next morning out of curiosity. It took me seconds to make myself gorgeous, long, dolly eyelashes. It took less time and less of the product. The brush didn't look promising because I normally think that a mascara brush is the fluffier the better, but this time I was proven wrong because I love this mascara. Also, the Lancôme ones are difficult to remove, this one vanished immediately - but it stayed on perfectly during the day. I love this mascara and I highly recommend it. I am happy that now I only have Chanel products in my makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Laiscg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love it so much!!! my favorite mascara ever, and I've tried a lot (as my eyelashes are the barely visible kind)... Gives great volume without sticking the eyelashes together at all, and also lengthens a lot. No clumping, no flaking, no smearing. And also lasts for a long time. I know it's not cheap, but for the quality you get, it's not expensive at all! Just gorgeous!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Ivytje

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

If you have long lashes, you don't need this mascara to lenghten them
I've used drugstore mascara's most of the time and they worked perfectly
Now i've tried this one and i see and feel no difference, only the price
Doesn't do anything for my lashes a ds mascara can't do so no, i won't buy again

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2012 7:10:00 AM More reviews by danni72

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought this mascara after seeing a few reviews on it and i have to say i was so disappointed .. this is by far the worst mascara iv ever had, its clumpy and thick and it just leaves my eyelashes looking like a mess .. i really did like the applicator but the formulation of the mascara is so bad!! its horrible
i will not buy this again and i don't recommend it to anyone!!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by nick18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this mascara a little while ago and had pretty high expectaitions from the reviews and well it is channel. Well it was a fail. I tried it in the store and was extremely dissapointed even had the lady put it on me still looked boring to me. Wouldnt recommend this not worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by serialspender

I love this product, I think that at the moment it is my HG mascara!
I originally found it when given a sample size that i didnt use for ages, however when i did I was pleasantly surprised and decided to buy the full size!

Im not a fan of black mascara as I am so fair so opted for the brown and it is a very deep chocolate brown. It comes in sleek, slim chanel packaging, sadly without the velvet pouch, which at £22 it would have been nice!

I love the finish this mascara gives, it lengthens, curls and separates beautifully. If you like volume it doesnt give dramatic effecs however this finish is natural and classy!

I only gave this 4 lippies as it does tend to dry out quickly and that is a shame as for the price it would be nice if lasted a little longer...that said it won't put me off buying it!