September 19, 2014 | 889 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Omega

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by bllhjk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this to fill in my brows everyday and it's wonderful, it never makes them look fake or unnatural, just good. Haven't used it as an actual eyeshadow yet, but I'm sure it would still be great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Perfect shadow for filling in my brows.........it looks so natural and beautiful. I also use it as a blender/crease shade for any brown look. I will never look for another brow filler again as long as Omega is still in existence!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by sarahlovesrimmelonden

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a nice colour for everyday, I use this for school and it gives off a nice natural look. It is good to use on eyebrows to if you have medium to dark blonde hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2011 6:16:00 AM More reviews by leea

MAC Omega is a matte, mushroom, greyish-beige (or "greige"). It is a perfect, neutral, mid-tone taupe without any obvious reddish/orangey undertones, but is not a blue-grey as it retains a hint of warmth. Note that it applies slightly darker than it appears in the pan.

Applied sheerly on fair to medium skin, this is the perfect medium taupe to shade the eyelids for a polished, daytime look (especially for work). However, like other MAC matte eyeshadows, it takes some work to blend into the skin and even swatch.

This is also the perfect colour (the perfect combination of grey and beige) to fill in my eyebrows. For reference, I am Asian, with fair-to-medium skin, and relatively sparse eyebrows. For comparison, Shu Uemura's Hard Formula in Seal Brown (a cult favourite for Asian eyebrows) is much darker. Depending on how it's applied, Seal Brown can appear to be too harsh and overly brown. I believe Shu Uemura's Hard Formula in Stone Gray is a better match for Asian eyebrows but since it was not available at my Shu counter, I'm unable to compare it.

Compared with Seal Brown, however, Omega is a much more flattering colour on me, and being a powder, it applies more softly. It is neither too dark nor too red/brown. Yet it has just enough warmth to avoid looking ashy. The result is natural-looking, believably full brows.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 3:42:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used to always use a mac eyebrow pencil in 'Fling' which is a perfect colour but wanted to start filling in my brows with a shadow for a change. At first, I thought this was a bit too warm - I noticed a lot more red/orange undertones than what I was used to using. However, I gave it a go and it blends really well with my eyebrow hairs and since it's matte it looks completely natural and as though my brows are just perfectly shaped. It lasts all day long too, which is brilliant. I will always repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Aniax021

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok, so I was looking for an eyebrow e/s to replace my CG eye & brow makers pencil in soft brown.
I was recommended this by MUA. and..

First of all, this colour is the EXACT SAME as CG eye & brow makers pencil in soft brow.(if anyone's interested I have a swatch in my profile).
I think the only diff. and it's super tiny, is that Omega is a little bit more cooler and than CG's soft brown pencil, which is a little bit more warmer..(so the colour is the same, but the tone is diff, but just slightly and barely visible to the naked eye, you prob. won't even notice)

It is a powder, so it doesn't last through everything..esp. when it's hot/humid and your sweat starts to drip around your eyebrows..then yea..this is going to come off..unless you apply something on top of your eyebrows like a clear mascara or some gel to hold it in place..
but it is a powder so that's expected..

I also like it b.c it is a powder and it looks more naturally than the pencil in my opinion, because it's very easy to apply a pencil too hard and when you do it looks way too harsh, but with a powder you can't really go wrong.
So I will stick with this..although it's not as light as I was expecting it to be. b.c everyone raves about Omega, but it's just the same colour as CG's soft brown pencil..
It depends, I feel like the more you apply the darker the color will get and the less you apply the lighter..if that makes sense. that's how it works on me anyway.

So, I would still like something lighter, but this will do for now and I love it and it looks very natural and the eyeshadow is very pigmented, you only need a little dab and a little bit goes a long way. I think this will last me a very long time. So I am happy with this purchase, and will continue to use this until I find something lighter.
But I'm still not sure, this is a very good colour, I might just stick with it after all, I love this e/s. I will def. repurchase for now. =)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by KelSlo

Under impressed...purchased as an eyebrow filler,Im returning this

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by AndreaReneeXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is probably the most versatile eyeshadow I own!
I initially bought it as a contour colour for my very fair skin, and now use it to fill in my eyebrows (works so perfectly!) and as a regular eyeshadow. It's so perfect, I'm no doubt going to hit pan on this multiple times.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by UHMANDUH9

looks amazing to fill in eye brows for those with light ashy brows. i love this color.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Susan2148

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this a couple of weeks ago, and it's turning out to be the color I use when I just want to slap something on and get out the door. It requires very little blending and gives my eyes a little oomph without a lot of work. I've been using it as a lid color, but after reading other reviews, I'm going to try it in the crease. With Omega on my lids and brown/taupe liner (WNW Taupe pencil), I'm good to go. I've hit the pan on very few products in my life, but I can see it happening with Omega.