August 31, 2014 | 993 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by MissChatelaine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Yes, it's pricey, but this product truly makes my lashes long and thick. It coats the lashes nicely, and I wait a few seconds before applying my mascara. My lashes seem to be in good condition lately, and I'll attribute that to this primer. Before this, I used Shiseido's lash primer, and it was nice, but this really give my lashes OOMPH--lengthwise and volume-wise. Highly recommend that you at least give this a try.
UPDATE: After using this for awhile now, I JUST realized that this actually curls my lashes, too. No need to use an eyelash curler (which always takes off some of my eyeliner anyhow).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This sh*t is the BOMB. I have to admit, when I purchased this, I didn't expect much, considering its brush looks like the type that does nothing but separate (ahem, Maybelline One by One), and my previous experience with mascara primers were not so good, but this? Oh, man, this stuff really is awesome.
Like most lash products, the first coat really doesn't do anything. You have to layer on multiple coats to achieve the full effect. The second coat, for me, gave a substantial amount of length, but the third and fourth coats really give me super incredibly long lashes, and it actually curls my lashes! Can you believe it? Something other than an eyelash curler actually curling my lashes! And my lashes actually stay curled the entire day!
Unlike face and eye primers, however, this doesn't prolong the wear of mascaras, nor does it prevent smudging and clumping. In fact, that's not the purpose of mascara primers at all--the purpose of them is to add additional length and volume to your lashes, so that your mascara can add even more legnth and volume. It basically acts as a "booster", in a sense.
I find that this product is the key to achieving the dramatic, huge lash effect--I can virtually pair this with pretty much any other mascara and have good-looking lashes, but I personally think it works best paired with the Dior Diorshow Mascara (say hellooo to ginormous lashes!).
Of course, it's not very cheap retailing at $28, but for a mascara junkie like me, I think the price is rather worth it.
Would I repurchase? Definitely. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by shamima

i'm so sad this didn't work on me. i am a dior girl, and love their products, but this serum did nothing for my eyelashes, and it was frakking expensive. what a waste. oh well, lesson learned.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by roor84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ive been using to for a week now, so i dont know about the longer, stronger lashes claim, but i know it thickens, elongates lashes when worn with Mascara, you do have to let it set and dry before applyign Mascara though. Would re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 5:03:00 AM More reviews by Jaclyn86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really chic packaging and great product! This really does plump by lashes and allows me to get volume in my lashes without using volumising mascaras (which tend to look really clumpy on me). I use this over my Bobbi Brown extreme lengthening mascara and it s HG for me! I just wish it were a bit cheaper!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 4:45:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

This would be an excellent product if it weren't for the cheap & cheesy applicator wand. Instead of the fibrous brush you usually get in your mascara and/or lash primer, Dior gives you one made of white plastic- bristles and all. I suppose the idea is that the all-white brush is meant to be chic. Okay, Dior. After one or two months of continuous use, when I pull the wand out of the tube about 50% of the bristles lay flat against the wand and will not stand up again. And I'm not going to use my fingers to correct the problem, no matter how clean my hands are. And I shouldn't have to. With half the bristles flattened out in a crazy random pattern, it is difficult to apply the product evenly to say the least.
This is very frustrating because if not for the lousy applicator, this would probably be an HG product. I can see why it has so many positive reviews because the primer itself is actually quite good. Lash primer is a staple item for me, and I can tell you this one does the job better than most. But once the brush goes all wonky it's just gunk in a tube. For this price, the product should be so much better than this. No I would not buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this primer works. it does what its suppose to do, to amplify my mascara results. it makes any of my mascaras turn my lashes into longer and thicker lashes. good stuff. would only repurchase if i cant find a better primer, the price is very steep. ive tried the l'oreal double extend tubes one and although it works, that one is a bit clumpy and drier. i only use this on special occasions, not daily for work. good stuff, had for a while and it has stayed moist in the tube.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by candace4125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product does not work. I have used this for the past six months and my eyelashes are not any longer. I have found myself not using this as a primer for mascara, infact I dont think I have used it at all this month...This does not add any volume it simply clumps the lashes together. Waste of money...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Laur0607

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I cannot wear mascara without putting this product on first. It work sooo well! It should be in everyones makeup bag. The trick is to put your mascara overtop before it gets to dry...but you don't want to put it over top when the primer is to wet. It has to be "tacky". If it is clumping to much than you are not using a very good mascara over top.
Over time I did notice my lashes became much longer and thicker. I pay more for this product than buy less expensive mascaras.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Josefa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is most definitely my holy grail of lash thickening primer products. I decided to purchase this as I was not really happy with either Lancome's or Trish McEvoy's versions of lash thickeners. The overwhelming positive reviews on this site convinced me to make the purchase, and I am not disappointed. I apply this to my sparse thin lashes right out of the tube. In the time that it takes me to place the applicator back in the tube, I then apply mascara (CoverGirl Lash Blast) over it. I do one lash at a time. This product gives me super long, thick lashes with no irritation. There is no interference with the longevity of wear for my mascara either. This is a super effective product; one that I hope will not be discontinued.