August 20, 2014 | 1082 users online

Treatments (Face) - La Roche Posay - Effaclar Duo

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by irf7

Biggest thumbs up. I've been usin this product for about 2 months and It has done so much for my face. The price I think is a bit expensive for 40ml... I am almost out. It's cleared most of my breakouts too.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by AngieTheCosmeticManiac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

I was so hyped to use this product after reading the reviews. I tried the cleansing gel wash which feels nice and smooth when wet on the skin but leaves it dry. The moisturizer gives me a "bad tingle" like I have scratches on my skin. my mom felt the same thing however this product is a life saver for my sister. I have used the product for close to 2weeks now and all I have is dry skin worse than before. I think this product is either an epic fail or a life saver... you will never know until you try.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2013 6:24:00 AM More reviews by karaduquette

DONT BUY THIS. Woke up with red blotchy rashes all over my face. So mad. This stuff is poison.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Hannah1809

I have heard rave reviews about this product so i thought i'd give it a try - I have combination skin which can sometimes be prone to minor pimples. Worst decision ever!!! This product gave me a rash all over my face after only two days of use. It hasn't given me any more pimples however i now have very itchy tiny bumps all over my entire face. I must be allergic to one of the chemicals in the product. So disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Parichella

Hi, I started using this 1.5 weeks ago and my skin looks terrible. Is this the purging phase. I went to shoppers and the lady who sold the stuff to me said it was def the purging phase and to continue. I saw her yesterday. Can someone please help me! I have a bunch of pimples and bumps on my face right now and I've never experienced this before. Please help if anyone knows what's going on.. Thank you.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by polivv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was prescribed this by my dermatologist for my sensitized, clogged up and broken out skin. I've been using it for about a month now and I have about half the tube left over. I use it after the Effaclar gel cleanser, applying it all over my face, not just on spots. It claims to unclog pores, which I haven't noticed that much, but it definitely does NOT clog me up more, irritate or break me out. It has been effective, but don't expect overnight results. Give it at least a week. The La Roche products for acne-prone skin, I've noticed, are about gentle, consistent care for sensitive skin, and definitely work. The only downside to this is the slightly steep price at about 12 pounds and the painful burning if it comes in contact with an open wound or scratched up pimple on your face. It does burn a lot, but only has a positive effect even on those pimples/wounds. Definitely recommend this, and will be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by NicoleLov3ly

Love this! It is amazing. I live in Minnesota, US, and my skin is horrible, the weather changes, stress and I have had cystic acne. I thought I would always have acne on my face. This was a game changer! I got this as a gratis item from the La Roche Posay training I had attended and immediately wanted to try it! After using twice a day for two days my skin was immediately different. My pores were smaller, blemishes significantly smaller and I was getting great compliments from friends and family! It does have micronized benzoyl perioxide and micro LHA which is more effective than Salicylic Acid. However IT IS NOT A SPOT TREATMENT, during training I was told by the vendor that you apply a very THIN layer to all over the face. Make sure you are using a great moisturizer because it can be drying. I follow up with my LRP Anthelios sunscreen during the day and at night I use Tarte Maracuja Oil.. You can purchase this at select Target stores!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by sannavire

I hade a huge acne attack on my chin and after reading the reviews here I bought this cream and used it morning and evening. After two days my attack was almost gone!! Wow! It works on me. And now I have been using this everyday for three weeks and I'm still satisfied.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Leahcd

BEEN USING THIS SINCE IM 15. BEST PRODUCT EVER. I LITERALLY CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT IT. WHEN I SEE THAT IM GETTING A PIMPLE ON MY FACE I PUT A BIT OF THE PRODUCT ON AND IT DISAPEARS THE NEXT MORNING. AMAZING. I KNOW AT LEAST 6 GIRL FRIENDS THAT LOVE IT AS MUCH AS I DO. I DONT USE IT ALL OVER MY FACE, ONLY WHEN I HAVE IMPERFECTIONS OR A PIMPLE. MUST HAVE!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by alexis789

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm going to start off by saying that I do have slightly sensitive, acne prone skin. I was hoping this would be gentle enough on my skin to not cause a reaction, but every time I use it, my face breaks out into these little red, hive-like bumps, which is basically like an allergic reaction. It didn't do anything for my acne at all, my face just looked like a huge ol' mess. I was really hoping this would work for me, since I heard such great reviews on this :( I just don't think this product is right for me, and it would be a lot more suitable for people who don't have sensitive skin.