April 16, 2014 | 970 users online

Treatments - La Roche Posay - Effaclar Duo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I decided to give in and try this after my skin had a horrible reaction to a skincare product i was usiing, I had acne on my chin and blocked pore's all over my forehead. For some reason I thought this would dry my skin out , I have been using benzoyl peroxide so long i guess. But this cream is amazing ! Its not drying at all , I wear it night and day with no problems. A week later and my skin is almost totally clear. I can't remember the last time my skin looked this good. I have the EU version with salicylic acid.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by falloutboy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I received a sample of this in my Target Beauty Box and this stuff is amazing! I've been applying Clearasil daily to my pimples but it's only minorly reduced the size of them. I put this on at 6pm and by the time I went to bed, my pimples were visibly smaller and less red. Amazing!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by funnygirlup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like the squeeze tube as it releases a small amount of product at a time. The smell is pretty bad (sulphur) but i did find after a week or so after use my pores looked smaller and my acne was under control. I was using it morning and night which turned out to be too much and I began to dry out, so instead I used it only a few times a week, which allowed for acne control but without the horrid dry patches.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by hostility

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

(This review is for the UK/EU version of the product.)

I'm pretty disappointed in this. After reading lots of reviews raving about this product I was hoping it would be amazing for my skin, but no :(

The first few days it I thought it was helping clear up the few spots I had and I did find that the pores on my nose were extracting much easier, so I figured this stuff doing its job and kinda pushing the gunk out!

Unfortunately, after about 3 days I noticed that all of the places I put this product (and only those places) were full of tiny little bumps and felt all rough! I stopped using it and they went away by the next morning, so I'm assuming it was a mild allergic reaction or irritation of some sort.

I noticed a few other reviews mentioning something like this so I guess some skin just doesn't agree with this stuff. Even though it didn't work for me, I would still say this is worth a try based on the amount of glowing reviews it gets!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 5:32:00 AM More reviews by pindur

I registered here only to write about this cream. I'm writing about the European (french) version. I'm 32 years old and since i was 15 suffered from acne in its various forms (huge cystic breakouts, blackheads, whiteheads, big pores... you name it), but lately i was angry because I started to get brown marks on my face as the result of acne, and they were not fading away even when i used retin-a or glycolic acid creams. I purchesed this cream around the end of march this year, but didn't really believe in it (I got used to be let down by so called 'miracle products). I was using it constantly every night and after one month my skin just cleared up! I can't believe how good it is. I used to be afraid to look in the mirror in the mornings and count how many new breakouts I had since last night. Not any more! Actually now I started to go out even without make up, something I haven't done since the age of 14! I can't believe that after many prescription creams (duac, differin, retin-a,dalacin...) and many expensive brands (clinique, estee lauder) this simple over the counter cream makes the difference. I don't find it expensive, it is worth every penny, I used one tube in two month (but I apply it to my neck as well, because i was getting acne even there...), and I just started to use the third tube. I used to have a cupboard full of beauty products, now I have reduced it significantly thanks to this cream. My beauty regimen now is quite simple: I wash my face with the clinique anti blemish soap, then clean with the anti blemish clarifying lotion, and in the morning i put a cream with spf 20, at evenings the la roche posay cream. I don't know what it has inside, that makes it sooo good for my skin, but i'm simply glad that after more than 15 years something is finally working for me, and i hope they will never discontinue, or change the ingredients. If you are thinking of buying it, don't think, go and get it, and get the european version (you can always get a simple bezoyl peroxid cream just for the huge big spots). My advice would be, cleans always thoroughly and don't skip even one night of application. Be patient, because it takes time to work (it's not a magic wand), but IT DOES WORK!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by AfifaRaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This takes about 2/3 weeks for you to see great results.
Use it every night and be persistent.
It is great but at that time of the month I still got some large spots.

The only reason I stopped using this is because I am not using
a prescription cream Differin 0.1%

If you're not willing to go to the doctors for your acne this is a great alternative.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 4:01:00 AM More reviews by Yrie

I bought this (European version) to help with my frequent breakouts. I have combination-oily skin, that is not very sensitive, but very prone to acne.

PROS:
- Lovely, light texture.
- Great base for makeup.
- Sinks into the skin quickly.
- Nice day-time moisturiser.

CONS:
- Unfortunately, this did absolutely nothing to my breakouts. Nothing.
- While being a great base for makeup, it didn't play well with my La Roche Posay Anthelios AC sunscreen and made it ball up.

VERDICT:
I used this for about 3-4 months and did repurchase it, but still it didn't make any difference to my skin whatsoever. I would recommend this to people looking for a lightweight day-time moisturiser.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by MelissaMary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

European Version: GREAT! U.S. Version: Absolute Shit.

The Euro/U.K. Version has the sal. acid so it works great as an all over exfoliant. Gently exfoliates the surface of the skin and leaves it smooth without irritation and clears up blemishes (both blackheads and whiteheads) However, The U.S. version is benzoyl peroxide and can only be used as a spot treatment....and a drying one at that.

Be sure to check the ingredients to see which version you have, Escentual.com has great offers on the Euro version and I highly suggest you check out the site for the product along with many other brands/products sold there. And it has free international shipping!

Just goes to show how shitty American beauty/skin product standards are compared to UK/Euro standards. It's terrible that you cannot find exfoliants in pharmacies in the states. Quality skin care should be available in pharmacies here for a decent price but instead we have to spend more on premium or international products. IRKS ME TO THE CORE!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by beautifulthings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG. Just go out and buy this amazing gel cream. Spots and de-inflamed overnight (I'm having a really bad break out with nasty deep pustules), skin hydrated, no bad reactions (OK a bit flushed on first application but it goes) and definitely not drying.
Gel consistency, easy to blend, no stickiness, no interfering or balling up with makeup, smells gorgeous (fresh and clean). Definitely now in my arsenal.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by snkatha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I had been stuggling with some pimples that wouldn't budge no matter what i did. I was almost giving up when i watched a model recommends talking about this cream having helped her deal with some breakouts. I boought it on friday and today is wednesdaay and the pimples are disappearing. My skin looks glowing and absolutely radiant! I have dry skin and i noticed this cream made it drier but nothing a good moisturiser can't take care of. Highly recommended!