Conair Infiniti You Curl No Clamp Curling Iron

4.6

on 12/25/2011 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have extremely fine, pin straight, long hair (between my ribs and hip bones) that damages easily and doesn't have a hard time holding curls. I was looking for a curler that gives beautiful flowing waves and this curler does just that.
With this iron, I can achieve bouncy Taylor Swift ringlets to effortless Victoria's Secret model waves. I have used this curler on countless others (including those with hair that "will not hold a curl") and the curls always turn out beautifully. Needless to say, I highly recommend this product.

**PROS**
- multiple heat settings (310 F, 330 F, 360 F, 400 F)
- swivel cord
- durable
- heats up quickly
- holds curls extremely well without help of any product
- curls last until I take a shower
- curls quickly (I hold each section for 10 seconds or less)
- no dents in hair because there is no clamp
- can create multiple looks
- super easy to use!
- very reasonable price
- easy to find in stores (can be found at CVS, Target, ect.)

**CONS**
- the location of the power button makes it easy to accidentally turn off the iron when curling (I've done this at least once or twice every time I curl my hair)
- it's sometimes tricky to curl the longest layers of my hair because the wand isn't long enough
- the half glove that comes with the iron is useless

How I curl my hair:
I divide my hair horizontally into three sections and curl my hair starting from the bottom section working upwards. I wrap 1 inch sections around the curler (with the tapered end pointing down), hold for about 10 seconds, then pull the curler downwards until the curl slides off. I then take the curled section and twist it tightly in the direction I curled it and hold it for about 3 seconds to cool, then release. (I curl my hair all in the same direction) Repeating this, I curl my entire all my hair then comb it out, redefine my curls with my fingers by twisting the curls. The result is similar to this

I got this as a gift. The only reason I took off was because I always hit the power button mid-curl! I like the loose, wavier curls, and this was perfect for that! You can also get tighter curls. It can do it all! Plus the end is tapered (meanig its wider at the top) so you get the volume at the top, and more curly at the bottom, which makes the curls look more natural. If mine got broken or lost, I'd buy again!

on 11/22/2011 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I realllly love this curling wand, its works amazing on my bone straight thin hair. it hold curls alll day with just a little hairspray and if you sleep on the curls when you wake up you willl have gorgous beach waves! im so in love with this iron and its so much easier than the regular ones. i would recomend this to anyone! but when you first start using it, it is a litttle hard to get used to but i got the hang of it on my 2nd or 3rd time, and it works amazing for me and i lovee thisss thing!

on 10/26/2011 4:50:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

The best curling iron ever! Here is a complete review on it and some tips about how to use it:

on 10/17/2011 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

After using this awkward curling iron several times, I finally got the hang of it and can now do it with my eyes closed. I have long very thick hair that always had a problem holding a curl (even during the 80's perm days, the stylist would swear at my hair because it took so many curlers, solution bottles and time). My longest hair pieces come to the small of my back and I can create a curl in just 15 seconds per section! Also, by the time I'm on the other side, the curled section doesn't go flat like what would happen with those traditional old school curling irons. I love that I can set the temperature HOT and the fact that this iron has different temps (not the typical low/high setting). Plus, I love that this iron heats up and cools off very fast. I know many of us including me had the problem of hair slipping down the shaft and bunching at the end. To prevent this and to hold a better curl, curl hair on a day that you didn't wash your hair. Also, before you curl, lightly spray dry hair with a setting or reshaper spray. By doing this, my curls will last two full days and not look messy-just reshape with fingers. After I curl my whole head, I don't care for the structured curl look so I tip my head upside down and give it a light brushing with a vent brush to losen up the curls and make them more like waves. By doing this, I get a lot of volume and texture. What looked like a torture tool before now is a fun tool to change up my hairstyle. I totally rec this to anyone.

on 10/14/2011 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I'm kind of on the fence about this one...I love the look of loose curls/waves, but this just makes my hair look frizzy. The "curl/wave" looks more like a loose crimp...Idk...I like the idea of it, but maybe I have to play around with it more. I have naturally curly/wavy hair, but I like the look of polished curls/waves.

on 10/11/2011 2:49:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this curling iron! I have never been good with the curling irons with the clamp and I knew when I witnessed my first clamp less curling iron that hope was not lost on me! I picked this up in May and I am in love with this! It gives me such a nice, healthy looking curl that is very polished. Granted, I do have curly hair already but this gives a nice, looser curl for me. Also, I don't have to brush my hair out when I use this (although I do find it makes it faster to curl) I can just take a section of my hair and wrap it around and it curls just as well! I do not use the glove and I have just resorted to being careful so if you are a klutz like me I suggest being careful. There hasn't been a time I haven't burnt myself but honestly it's due to personal error. Buy this and you won't regret it!

on 10/11/2011 2:39:00 AM

Watched a quick youtube tutorial before trying this and it really helped me. Curled my whole head with ease in under 15minutes! I have very long hair, wavy already (but not beautiful waves, I need help!) and also pretty fine, but in large quantity, and ended up getting the XL version of this, which gives a fuller curl. Word of the wise, the more tight you hold your hair, the tighter/more spiraly your curl will be. Leave each on for 30 seconds (real seconds...but in fast second terms thats about 50, right? :) Stayed absolutely all day, through 2 naps and 3 different times of puting it in a ponytail. Only used a generic Tresemme hairspray before and after curling. Honestly cannot believe how great this product is!

on 9/16/2011 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have very long hair, up to my waist now. But I'm so bad at curling, that I totally gave up using my curling iron years ago! I only get curls when I visit my salon to have my regular trim. That will be only be good for one day, every 4 months. Yeah, sad.

Anyway, I saw this at Nordstrom Rack at around $28. So I thought, why not? Maybe this NO- CLAMP thing will work this time, and IT DID!

It takes some practice to get really nice curls. But even so, I still get "beachy" waves the first time I used it. The curls do last even without styling products. I guess, it depends on your hair type, so you might want to consider that. Experiment with it; use or not use styling products until you get the hang of it and decide which one will work for you.

Overall, not a bad purchase. I took one star out because of the 3-finger heat protector glove that comes with it. They should've made it it 5-fingered to make it easier.

on 8/28/2011 11:51:00 AM

I have eyed this curling iron for over a year and finally picked it up after reading the reviews here. It is quite simply the best curling iron I've ever used in 30 years of doing my hair. My hair is fine but thick, not straight just slightly wavy, and using this on the highest setting (400) for 8 seconds per section gives me amazingly bouncy curls. I noticed they now have an XL version for sale with a bigger diameter barrel that I think I will have to purchase too. For under $30 this is the best hair investment I've made in a long time.

Video Reviews & Tutorials