MAC Satin - Cork

4.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I'm NC43, I thought it would be a good crease colour but its too light unfortunately and I find it quite useless since its my exact natural lid colour . Can't really fault it for that obviously, but yeah, not a great crease colour you NC43s out there .

on 7/19/2011 6:20:00 PM

This basic classic is a must have for me - it's one of my favorite eye crease colors from MAC, along with Swiss Chocolate. It's a neutral matte warm brown and goes well with most other warm eyeshadows. I like to pair this particularly with champagne or peach-gold shadows on the lid and Cork on the crease. ( I prefer matte colors for the crease with a slight shimmer on the lids and think this is a more flattering look than shimmer all over the eye). It can also double up as a brow shadow. Highly recommend this color. For reference, I'm NC35 in MAC.

on 6/22/2011 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this eyeshadow. I find it very versatile and an easy crease color for any neautral look. It works with any lid color. I like to use it with all that glitters, naked pigment, woodwinked, and so on. You can also put another deeper brown in the crease to make it look more defined and dramtic, though still have this soft light brown along with it. Definitley buying this again when I run out.!

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is my favorite crease color! I'm NW15/MUFE 110 and this looks great as a crease color with a lot of different looks. I will definitely repurchase this when it runs out.

on 4/27/2011 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Cork is my perfect neutral. I'm a makup junkie and have many different MAC e/s as well as UD naked palette - believe me when I say that if my house was on fire, I'd grab my cork and let the rest burn. It's the perfect warm (but not too warm) shade of brown, I wear it all over my lid and above the crease then go back through and add more to the crease for extra definition. The finish is great, not too matte but not too shimmery. In my mid 30's I'm finding that too much shimmer / too matte is not flattering. Cork manages to be perfectly in the middle. HG for sure. I'm 33 dark brown hair with reddish undertones, fair skin & blue eyes.

on 4/14/2011 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It's very pigmented and I love that I can use this product for multiple purposes. It's my daily eyebrow powder as well as my typical crease color for neutral looks.

on 3/14/2011 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Cork has become part of my go-to neutral look. Others have described it well, its a nice medium neutral brown that leans a bit warm depending on your skintone. I am NC25 and use this as an all-over lid color. I like to blend it out with Wedge, Soft Brown, or Era. I do find the edges a bit hard to blend, but a light wash of a neutral matte shadow underneath (I use Brule) really helps a lot. I have also found that Cork is pretty much a spot on dupe for Buck in the UD Naked Palette.

on 2/16/2011 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This eyeshadow is very matte and pigmented. I dont really like it as a overall lid color but for a crease color its perfect. But since i have freakisly pale skin it looks kind of wrong on me. Overall I like this product as a crease color only.

on 2/16/2011 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really love this as a day-friendly crease shade. On my NC35 complexion, it goes on as a medium brown and I don't notice anything orange-y about it. I tried wearing it as a lid color but I think it may have been too dark for that. For the crease, however, it's my new favorite. I like how it's not super dramatic, yet pretty and noticeable. It doesn't look unique at all in the pan but to me it's a pretty brown for my crease that is fool-proof. I would totally get it again.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Another dissenter here! ;) This one just isn't for me.
Cork looks almost gray on my lids. (Another review described it as "ashy" and that's what I experienced too!)
I guess I shouldn't be surprised I don't care for it, as I rarely wear neutral/nudes since I find them too subtle. However, I do on occasion use a dark brown in my crease, so I was looking for a light base to put on my lids rather than my usual Gesso or White Frost. (Maybe I should have gone with Brule instead...?) I swatched Cork on my hand at the counter, but I suppose really should have applied it to my eyes to get a better idea before I purchased. I will say the formula is goes on quite smooth and blends nicely though, as do most other MAC shadows.

Top Rated MAC Products