December 19, 2014 | 1452 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Cork

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by ladya8197

I love this eyeshadow. I find it very versatile and an easy crease color for any neautral look. It works with any lid color. I like to use it with all that glitters, naked pigment, woodwinked, and so on. You can also put another deeper brown in the crease to make it look more defined and dramtic, though still have this soft light brown along with it. Definitley buying this again when I run out.!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by mysocksdontmatch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my favorite crease color! I'm NW15/MUFE 110 and this looks great as a crease color with a lot of different looks. I will definitely repurchase this when it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by suzthemuse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Cork is my perfect neutral. I'm a makup junkie and have many different MAC e/s as well as UD naked palette - believe me when I say that if my house was on fire, I'd grab my cork and let the rest burn. It's the perfect warm (but not too warm) shade of brown, I wear it all over my lid and above the crease then go back through and add more to the crease for extra definition. The finish is great, not too matte but not too shimmery. In my mid 30's I'm finding that too much shimmer / too matte is not flattering. Cork manages to be perfectly in the middle. HG for sure. I'm 33 dark brown hair with reddish undertones, fair skin & blue eyes.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by jmatsuza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's very pigmented and I love that I can use this product for multiple purposes. It's my daily eyebrow powder as well as my typical crease color for neutral looks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by vickybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Cork has become part of my go-to neutral look. Others have described it well, its a nice medium neutral brown that leans a bit warm depending on your skintone. I am NC25 and use this as an all-over lid color. I like to blend it out with Wedge, Soft Brown, or Era. I do find the edges a bit hard to blend, but a light wash of a neutral matte shadow underneath (I use Brule) really helps a lot. I have also found that Cork is pretty much a spot on dupe for Buck in the UD Naked Palette.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by chobits1661

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This eyeshadow is very matte and pigmented. I dont really like it as a overall lid color but for a crease color its perfect. But since i have freakisly pale skin it looks kind of wrong on me. Overall I like this product as a crease color only.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I really love this as a day-friendly crease shade. On my NC35 complexion, it goes on as a medium brown and I don't notice anything orange-y about it. I tried wearing it as a lid color but I think it may have been too dark for that. For the crease, however, it's my new favorite. I like how it's not super dramatic, yet pretty and noticeable. It doesn't look unique at all in the pan but to me it's a pretty brown for my crease that is fool-proof. I would totally get it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2011 5:03:00 PM More reviews by tousledelegance

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Another dissenter here! ;) This one just isn't for me.
Cork looks almost gray on my lids. (Another review described it as "ashy" and that's what I experienced too!)
I guess I shouldn't be surprised I don't care for it, as I rarely wear neutral/nudes since I find them too subtle. However, I do on occasion use a dark brown in my crease, so I was looking for a light base to put on my lids rather than my usual Gesso or White Frost. (Maybe I should have gone with Brule instead...?) I swatched Cork on my hand at the counter, but I suppose really should have applied it to my eyes to get a better idea before I purchased. I will say the formula is goes on quite smooth and blends nicely though, as do most other MAC shadows.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by LizSherling

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Its really hard to go wrong with this color. When I bought this, I went up to my MAC counter already knowing that I wanted Rubenesque paint pot (an absolutely gorgeous gold peachy-pink color). I told the MAC artist that I wanted Rubenesque and she recommended Cork to me because the orange-y undertones complemented Rubenesque beautifully. The next day when I was doing my makeup, I was amazed at how the two complemented each other. Every time I wear Cork with Rubenesque I get tons of compliments, its like they were made for each other! Next time you're at MAC, just compare it to Rubenesque, you'll see what I'm talking about. Not to mention its a basic color that works with plenty of looks.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by bohochic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

An every day wearable neutral (light-med brown) that looks good on its own all over the lid or as an outer crease colour.