September 1, 2014 | 1015 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Cork

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by jmatsuza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's very pigmented and I love that I can use this product for multiple purposes. It's my daily eyebrow powder as well as my typical crease color for neutral looks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by vickybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Cork has become part of my go-to neutral look. Others have described it well, its a nice medium neutral brown that leans a bit warm depending on your skintone. I am NC25 and use this as an all-over lid color. I like to blend it out with Wedge, Soft Brown, or Era. I do find the edges a bit hard to blend, but a light wash of a neutral matte shadow underneath (I use Brule) really helps a lot. I have also found that Cork is pretty much a spot on dupe for Buck in the UD Naked Palette.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by chobits1661

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This eyeshadow is very matte and pigmented. I dont really like it as a overall lid color but for a crease color its perfect. But since i have freakisly pale skin it looks kind of wrong on me. Overall I like this product as a crease color only.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I really love this as a day-friendly crease shade. On my NC35 complexion, it goes on as a medium brown and I don't notice anything orange-y about it. I tried wearing it as a lid color but I think it may have been too dark for that. For the crease, however, it's my new favorite. I like how it's not super dramatic, yet pretty and noticeable. It doesn't look unique at all in the pan but to me it's a pretty brown for my crease that is fool-proof. I would totally get it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2011 5:03:00 PM More reviews by tousledelegance

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Another dissenter here! ;) This one just isn't for me.
Cork looks almost gray on my lids. (Another review described it as "ashy" and that's what I experienced too!)
I guess I shouldn't be surprised I don't care for it, as I rarely wear neutral/nudes since I find them too subtle. However, I do on occasion use a dark brown in my crease, so I was looking for a light base to put on my lids rather than my usual Gesso or White Frost. (Maybe I should have gone with Brule instead...?) I swatched Cork on my hand at the counter, but I suppose really should have applied it to my eyes to get a better idea before I purchased. I will say the formula is goes on quite smooth and blends nicely though, as do most other MAC shadows.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by LizSherling

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Its really hard to go wrong with this color. When I bought this, I went up to my MAC counter already knowing that I wanted Rubenesque paint pot (an absolutely gorgeous gold peachy-pink color). I told the MAC artist that I wanted Rubenesque and she recommended Cork to me because the orange-y undertones complemented Rubenesque beautifully. The next day when I was doing my makeup, I was amazed at how the two complemented each other. Every time I wear Cork with Rubenesque I get tons of compliments, its like they were made for each other! Next time you're at MAC, just compare it to Rubenesque, you'll see what I'm talking about. Not to mention its a basic color that works with plenty of looks.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by bohochic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

An every day wearable neutral (light-med brown) that looks good on its own all over the lid or as an outer crease colour.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm another woman who has been disappointed by Cork. There is nothing wrong with the shadow, per se, but it was just too warm and too ORANGE for my colouring. I guess for me, Cork's "equal" is Omega - for me, it's the perfect subtle crease or blending out colour. I had reservations about getting Cork but thought it was worth a try. It's a no go colour for me so back it went!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by narkiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Just another boring color from Mac.Everybody swears by cork and put it in their fave lists. So i decided to get it. I bought it with Era thinking i can use them everyday without looking overdone. But i was wrong. Era is too light, it disappears on my lids and cork gave me dirty, ashy look (I'm NW20 by the way) . Nothing special just boring.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Chester99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love Cork to accentuate the crease and deepen existing colors there. It works wonders in a neutral daytime look.