April 18, 2014 | 1760 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2012 2:48:00 AM More reviews by Nekura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pleasantly surprised with this. I liked the original Burt's Bees for the minty scent however on a whole, the product didn't do much for me for moisture. Then I tried the Honey one (which is disgusting) so since then I never have been too interested in the balms until I saw this one. This balm is really nice, not too waxy but not too oily/greasy or thin either. A few layers of it is good enough to prime and provide instant moisture on the lips.

Personally I don't need my lip balms to last long, I just need them to be lightweight and do it's job because typically I have other lip color products to go over it later. The mango butter balm instantly makes my lips silky smooth for lipstick. This balm really feels like it sinks into the skin instead of being a coat of wax sitting on top of the lips. Definitely will re-buy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice. I've gone through a few tubes of these and I like the smooth, moisturizing formula, the scent, and the fact that this is penetrating enough to last on my lips all night. I've never used the original Burt's Bees balms because menthol is very drying for the lips, but I have to say that this is more moisturizing than the grapefruit version, which is lighter and has more slip. This isn't, however, as moisturizing as the pomegranate version, which has a stronger scent but works a touch better.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by JINXUK

If you want something that's easy to apply, doesn't make your lips look made up but just healthily moisturised then this is it.
It doesn't last long on the lips but it's something you can reapply without a mirror and know you haven't made a pigs ear of application.
If you like mango then this is the one to choose.
Nothing amazing. Just a nice lip balm. I've tried cheaper and better lip balms. A bit pricey for something that doesn't do much but i guess the ingredients up the price?

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by volcanic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! The scent is amazing and it's the best lip balm I own. Totally would buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by ximachikenx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've gone through so many Burt's Bees lipbalms and every one I have used is great. I usually get the classic mint one but decided to try the mango flavor and it is good. I also like the pomegrante one. Cheap, environmentally friendly, smells great, works great, what's not to love? :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by blankdreams

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a big fan of the original Burt's Bees lip balm but I was getting a bit tired of the scent so I decided to switch it up and buy this one. It smells nice, feels nice on the lips, but doesn't moisturize as much as I'd like and it emphasizes the flaky bits on my lips. I have super dry, high maintenance lips though so if you don't have super big issues with extreme dryness, I think this would be alright.

I'll use this tube up, but I won't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 3:10:00 AM More reviews by ilymed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Short term moisturizing solution, doesn't last for hours but feels and smells wonderful while on. I have repurchased several times and don't mind reapplying.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by stephanie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Even though we are only two days into Autumn in sunny humid Queensland, I rushed out of work today to buy some winter beauty essentials for the office in preparation of slightly cooler weather. I have wanted to try Burt's Bees products for ages and so now that I need a new lip balm for my desk, I thought I'd try the Mango one as it seemed the most hydrating and moisturising in the range. I bought the product at 11am and its now 2pm and I have applied it three times already. Over lunch I felt like my lips were super dry even though this morning they were fine and I had just applied. I feel like this product pretty much is gone within 15mins after applying, and my lips feel dryer after using it. My $2 Diva lip balm does a better job in moisturising and staying power than this. Its only day one so perhaps the condition of them will get better again after using over a longer period of time. I love the packaging and the smell is ok. I think there are better lip balms out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by geminigrafix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am in love with this stuff. Smooth and sweet, moisturizing, and smells divine. Also has good ingredients. Will always repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by bloou

If you were to ask me what's my most favorite Burt's Bees lip balm, I would answer the original because I love the peppermint tingle (i find it soothing) and it's the reason I got addicted to Burt's Bees lip balms and peppermint/minty lip balms. But if you ask me what is the most moisturizing Burt's Bees lip balm I tried, it would be this one! I love this! It is so hydrating and I can use it on chapped lips knowing they would improve in a matter of minutes. The texture feels different from the original. It feels less waxy and more buttery. I love this for night time or when I won't be using lipstick and just want something to moisturize my lips. I still prefer the original or honey if I will be using lipstick on top (they are the opposite of slick in texture so they're perfect bases prior to lipstick application). Overall, I love this! I love Burt's Bees lip balms! I hope they continue to make more.