Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

4.3

water/aqua, ammonium styrene/acrylates copolymer, butylene glycol, alcohol, beheneth-30, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/octylacrylamide copolymer, methylparaben, polyglyceryl-3 disiloxane dimethicone, propylparaben, sodium hydroxide, disodium edta, may contain ( /) carbon black

Favourite eyeliner, hands down. Though I haven't tried too many high-end liners, I've tried probably every drug store liner. I love the control and precision of the brush, the lasting-power of the liner, and the true "blackness" of the colour. I also love that when you go over your initial line again, instead of erasing the line (like some other brands do) it increases the intensity of the colour. HG

This eyeliner has it's pros and cons. First of all, the stick packaging is actually very useful for a good tight line and keeping your hand steady when putting it on your eyelid, it's good for getting the very inner corners with just a small line, or overlining when you get the outer corners.

It layers very well and doesn't flake or clump up, and sweat or water or whatever other mysterious liquids make their way on your face won't make this eyeliner budge. Unless if its a makeup wipe or remover, or soap. It just takes a little rubbing and it comes off without even a trace behind, the removal is so quick and easy that no matter how tired you are it'll just take a few seconds. I have to highlight again that it doesnt clump or flake or smudge, those are the best parts of this eyeliner. Just close your eye and give it about 30 seconds to dry to be safe, though I'm sure it dries much quicker than that. It won't smudge when you open your eye, and it won't run at all. It doesn't flake off even if you pick at it, it's like a tattoo on your eyelid. I recommend it simply for that fact.

Now as for the cons. The shape of liner may be great for lining the lid itself, but when doing a sharp cat eye, it's a bit more tricky. The tip isnt too wet and just a little tap of that won't do anything. If you wanna do a nice sharp wing then just pushing down the whole brush and having a makeup wipe handy would be the easiest way. You can really big wings with this tip, but nothing sublte or sharp. It's difficult to manuever because of the pencil shape.

I must warn, as well, that after about 3 months it might start running out on you. But do not throw it away!!! You payed 20+ dollars for this baby so do not waste your money like that, the thing is that it'll be back to normal the next day or just wait a bit, I'd say about 3 minutes. I'm not sure why it does that, I think the liquid runs out and just needs a little bit to rearrange and get back to the color. So when it starts to run out early, just wait a little and bit and it'll be back to normal, you'll be able to tell when it really starts to run dry, and even then I'm still going about 6 months on mine just to use every few minutes that I need a detail or two done or a part filled in.

This product really depends on whether or not the user is fine with a little hard manuevering of the tip and shape, and whether or not they wanna deal with the early drying out factor. Otherwise, the color is so nice and the lack of flaking and smudging and running really is worth all the other trouble, even the $20.

Pros:
1. No smudge, no flake and no running
2. Very good at getting a thin line on your eyelid

Cons:
1. Difficult to do a cat eye with (Though keep in mind after you get the perfect wing it'll stay all day with no flaking off, so it depends on whether you deem it worth it or not)
2. Dries out quickly and takes some patience to use after its started to dry out (you can go a bit longer on it though)

I'm not a big fan of this eyeliner. Maybe it's just that I got a bad one but mine didn't give me a solid black line, I had to go over it once or twice to get the black that I wanted. I got mine in the deluxe size to test out but sadly I was disappointed.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was so excited to try this product because people online were raving about it, even claiming it as their Holy Grail product. Although it is super pigmented, the tip of my eyeliner became flimsy to the point where the eyeliner would not evenly distribute throughout the tip. I was very disappointed because I spent $20 on a product that only lasted me 9-10 uses. I still have the eyeliner, but after trying to cut the tip of the brush in order for product to come out, the tip was more dull and thick. Super sad and I will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love how deep the black color is and it does stay on for a really long time without smudging but the tip makes it really hard for me to apply. I can't control the thickness of my lines. Most of the time i end up with thick lines because I keep having to readjust one eye to match the other T_T I definitely will not be buying this again.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Its an ok product. I have the black and it works well but I prefer a longer tip for application so I won't repurchase.

This is the only eye liner that will last all day without smudging or giving me raccoon eyes. I absolutely love it! It is super easy to apply and dries quickly.

The price is bit high compared to other eyeliners that are on the market but it is definitely worth it every penny.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Don't bother buying any other eyeliner, don't bother trying any other eyeliner. Its not worth it. Because this one is so good its out of this world. I was a complete eyeliner noob when I first started using this eyeliner, and now I can do the best cat eye and always get compliments on my eyeliner. Its just so easy to get a defined wing, whether you want a thick or thin line, a cat eye, a graphic liner, whatever. It does it. It DOES NOT MOVE. It stays all day. I can have a nap, wake up and my liner is still good. Walk out in the rain, it doesn't run. Its so good. Its a relatively cheap price in Australia for a good eyeliner at $29. Considering that Revlon prices their eyeliners at $25 each at Priceline (and they are shite by the way) you can't really go wrong spending an extra $4 on a actually top quality liner. It does not dry out quickly like others because the cap clicks on! Just buy it and thank me later!

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Just made an account on makeupalley.com to write a review about this eyeliner, that's how much I LOVE IT! Before this product, I used Maybelline Stiletto liquid eyeliner, but after a number of my friends bought this I decided to try it. I am hooked. I was sick and tired of my Maybelline rubbing off when I curled my eyelashes! This stuff stays on pretty well all day for me, although it does rub off in the crease a bit, but that is probably my fault. Love this eyeliner, I will never go back despite the expensive price tag on this!

PS: Can someone recommend me a good facial mask for normal skin? I have tried so many, but still didn't find a good one...

I was looking for a liquid eyeliner that was easy to apply, wouldn't crumble or migrate, wouldn't smear, and wouldn't run. The lady at Ulta pointed me straight to this. I was a little reluctant to try it because of the price....but oh. My. Goodness.

This is one of the best makeup products I've ever bought. It's so easy to apply. The tips allows you to make the thinnest or thickest line you desire with ease. Believe me, I'm no expert when it come to liquid eyeliner but I get it perfect every time with this. It's easy to do wings too, which I love.

This eyeliner is definitely waterproof. I have gone running in the summertime, sweating to death and my eyeliner still looked nice when I was done. It stays all day, as it claims. However, at night when I go to remove it, it isn't horribly difficult. I hate having to scrub my eye to death just to get my makeup off. With this stuff I don't have to. Eye makeup remover gets the job done.

I will never need to try another liquid eyeliner again. Stila's does all I need, plus some. It really exceeded my expectations. Definitely worth all the hype.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches

Faking a Crease: Smokey Eyes (great for monolids?) by KoreanLovesBeauty

How to look like a cute doll: Easy simple steps & ideas, Very Kawaii! by beautybysantaana

Top Rated Stila Products