October 1, 2014 | 1999 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by MissPrincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Let's start off with the basics:
- The product does not come in a great range of colors, as one shade was way too light and the other was way too dark, and the one inbetween was actually PINK! If you're very light or tan, then color will not be an issue.

-The bottle will break if dropped on a hard surface. Just a note.

Review:
-The product does not fade, but is very sticky since it does last all day, it sticks to skin! So it's hard to remove.

-The product did make me break out a LOT, but it's because I'm young so it's probably just the ingredients.

However, even though it didn't work that well for me, it most likely will for someone with a common skin tone and mature skin.

I switched to Maybelline Dream Mousse foundation and LOVE it! I HIGHLY recommend checking that out. If there a sample available of this product, use it for a whole day and evaluate results at the end of the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Psychoscruff

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation for the hydrating effect an anti-aging foundation should have and not at all for the anti-aging effects so I cannot speak to that.
I have dry skin so I was looking for this foundation to be smooth over any flakes and cover a minimal amount of pimples. When first applied I was very impressed. Medium coverage and it felt light on my skin. However, after a few hours it settles into flakes around break outs making them extra noticeable. It also looks really cake-y, oxidized and generally gross. I have always been put-off by people who look like they have caked on make up and this foundation made me that person. I was pretty embarrassed when I noticed at work and had no way to remedy it.
Packaging was okay, the pump dispenser is sanitary but product gunks up around the top.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2012 2:00:00 AM More reviews by achy513

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

at first i thought it gives decent amount of coverage, and appears to be invisible on your skin. but after about 2 hours, it gets really cakey, and feels like its pealing off my primer and bb cream at the same time. it makes me look like as if i had so much makeup on. the price is not that bad, but i've stopped using it after couple tries. and i can get something else much better for the same price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 9:20:00 AM More reviews by NatN

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of the best drugstore foundations. I tried Rimmel 25 hrs, Revlon Colorstay, Loreal True Match, Bourjois 10 hr sleep effect, Maybelline and this beats them all. Coverage is fantastic. The consistency is thin but covers amazingly. I don't feel it on my skin at all. I want to try Loreal Visible Lift Smooth absolute as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2012 8:38:00 AM More reviews by ladypamela1

Nope. Epic fail. Did not work for me at all. Makes it's presence known, stiffens up my skin, enlarged my pores, Disaster. Tried mixing up with a bit of my nearly empty Bobbi Brown stick but this junk just botched that up as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by HillaryH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am a 42 year old female with some wrinkles, but also some acne. I also have dry zones and some acne scarring. I am pleased with this product after using it for 3 months. I use a foundation brush to apply, and I think it looks natural with good coverage, but not TOO heavy (I hate the heavy look, and used to use only tinted moisturizers). I will buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2012 2:17:00 AM More reviews by pinkcandydesigns

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After reading so many good reviews, I thought I'd give this a go. Unfortunately it made my pores more obvious and my acne scars stand out. After an hour it didn't even look like I had makeup on, it melted off. I had high hopes for this but it just didn't work for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 6:08:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

I don't like this. I have dry, non-flaking skin, small pores, pretty clear skin. This applies and blends nicely, but it makes my skin look a bit dehydrated. I thought it would give me moisture since this is for aging skin, but it didn't, although my skin didn't feel tight either with this on. This also creases, which is a definite no-no in a foundation for wrinkly skin - I have absolutely no laugh-lines, but this made me look like I did. And I applied only a thin layer - 1 pea sized amount of this blended with a beauty blender. Maybe it would be better for people that don't need foundation all-over, but I need it on my t-zone and around my mouth... which are some of the parts on my face that this creases a lot on since I smile, wrinkle my nose, my eyebrows... yeah, this is definitely not for me - I need something that hydrates and actually sticks to my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2012 1:01:00 PM More reviews by dotgirl101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

I originally did a review on this a few months ago, and was very much on the fence about it. However, I've kept coming back to this foundation and have concluded it's one of the best drugstore foundations available.

COVERAGE & OVERALL FINISH:
When I first tried this on, I was genuinely surprised at how well it covered my severe acne scarring. One layer provided medium coverage that took the 'edge' off, per se, of my scarring. If layered in the worst areas, I found it could provide full coverage--something that's difficult to find in drugstore foundations!
This foundation doesn't cover active acne well, but that's easily taken care of with a concealer (I like Maybelline's 'Cover Stick').

The overall finish is quite beautiful, especially when first applied. It's extermely natural looking, yet it can provide full coverage if layered. It's not too dry or matte, yet it's certainly not 'sparkly' (like Revlon PhotoReady--ick!) or shiny looking either. It simply has a very natural finish.

COLOR:
I have extremely pale skin, and I've literally had *the* hardest time finding a foundation that doesn't make my face look orange. The lightest color in this line is 'Soft Ivory', and this is a near perfect match for me. I'm sure that nearly anybody could find a perfect color match by either choosing one specific color or mixing two shades together.

STAYING POWER:
I've worn this through 8-10 hour work days, and it holds up as well as any foundation can be expected to. I find it can look splotchy and/or cakey after 6 or more hours of wear, but in complete honesty, nearly all foundations will do the same. With the right setting powder and depending on your specific skin type, expect to get 6-10 hours of good wear out of this foundation.

OIL CONTROL:
Unfortunately, this is below average. I find myself re-powdering my face every hour or so, and after 6+ hours, my entire face is shiny.
I do want to point out that I have excessively oily skin & the above is true for any foundation I've ever worn. Therefore, oil control may be better for those with normal skin.

FOR THOSE WITH ACNEIC OR DRY SKIN:
As I said before, I have moderate active acne, with 5 to 20 pimples at any given time. I'm extremely careful with what I put on my face for fear of worsening my already problematic skin, and this foundation doesn't seem to cause breakouts. Therefore, I *do* recommend this for people with acneic skin such as myself. Just be sure to thoroughly remove it at night with a makeup removing cleanser and follow with your acne cleanser/moisturizer afterwards.

For those with dry skin, I'm not sure that I would recommend this--or any drugstore foundation, really--because it has caused me to have dry/flakey skin underneath my eyes and other areas before. It will also make dry patches much more noticeable.
If you still want to use it, I would highly recommended moisturizing before application and after taking it off at night. Exfoliating frequently will undoubtedly help as well.

OVERALL REVIEW:
I would definitely recommend this foundation to those with normal to acneic skin such as myself. This is natural looking medium buildable coverage that will last 6 or more hours. Those with excessively oily skin may want to invest in a good oil control primer, powder, setting spray, etc. when using this, as it doesn't have much oil control on its own. Finally, those with dry skin may want to skip this.

UPDATE 1-8-13:
For a month or so now, I've been trying to convince myself that it's not this foundation that has been causing terrible breakouts every time I wear it. I've been in a state of denial!
I'll put it on, wear it all day, and thoroughly remove it at night. And like clockwork, two days later I ALWAYS get five or more pimples. I've finally come to the sad conclusion that it's this foundation that's at fault.
I'm not sure if they've changed the formula since I bought my new bottle, but I don't think it always broke me out this bad. It feels really sticky now and--I hate to admit it--gross when I first put it on.
Consequently, I've found myself avoiding going into town simply because I can't stand putting this foundation on anymore. I just started college, and I dread how many breakouts I'm going to get from this...

Conclusively, I no longer recommend this to those with moderate to severe acne such as myself. I'm not sure if I got a bad batch or they changed the formula since I first began using it in May, but it's definitely changed. It's sad, because this had the best coverage of all the drugstore foundation's I've ever used AND it matched my skin tone.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by yulsgules

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I never write reviews so it just goes to show how great this product is. I have really fair combo/oily skin and I previously have been using Loreal True Blend Foundation for a year until I read reviews about Visible Lift and decided to give it a try. I absolutely hated True Blend because it had no staying power, transferred everywhere, looked shiny and separated and looked blotchy on my face and looked really cakey if I needed more coverage. I've been using Visible lift in Soft Ivory for a few days now and it's so, so much better. The finish is so natural and full coverage that you absolutely cannot look cakey with this foundation. It's matte but it also looks so bright and glowy. I apply this foundation with my fingers and it's never streaky, looks like my real skin but better and covers up my acne scarring so well that I hardly need concealer afterwards. I've noticed my face is so much smoother and softer, and although I'm not worried about wrinkles yet I'm still really glad that this has skin beneficial ingredients in it (if you're putting something on your face everyday it may as well be something that's going to improve it). I've noticed that this does sink into the fine lines around my mouth a little bit but it's not nearly as bad as True Blend, and while the staying power is not great, it doesn't really separate and I dont need to touch up until after 8 hours or so. I don't use primer or setting power with this so I imagine it would be a lot better with it. The packaging is awesome too, it feels so sturdy in your hands and the pump is excellent, you can travel with this foundation without worrying about it spilling everywhere. This product is 100% worth the 15 dollars, I have tried crazy overpriced foundations like Nars Sheer Glow, MUFE HD, Estee Lauder Double Wear, and Laura Mercier and this foundation is way better than any of them, it has good staying power, does not break me out, the finish is GORGEOUS and its so cheap (one bottle of foundation lasts me 10 months). The one foundation that this comes close to is Laura Mercier Silk Creme in Soft Ivory, one that's known for it's full coverage and natural luminous finish. Visible Lift is way better because it looks more natural, doesn't cake, is easy to apply and somehow this shade of Soft Ivory matches me way more than the Laura Mercier one, which is way too pale and has a really bad color selection. I was almost about to buy the LM one but when I tried this, I will never go back to any 42 dollar foundation, Visible Lift blows all of them out of the water. I only took one lippie off because the staying power can be much better but I don't prime or use powder so I can't complain too much. Buy it!