December 19, 2014 | 1542 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by macadelic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ugh, I really wish I could like this. This would probably be a great summer foundation - but in winter, no way. It was super hard to blend, and stuck to all my dry spots. It looked so cakey. Returned it; but perhaps will come back to in the summer. It did match my skin perfectly, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Autumray6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First tried this over 2 years ago when I first started to worry about my skin changing from age (in my mid 20's) and was amazed by the results, I still haven't found anything as good. Now, when I say changes from aging I don't mean fine lines, wrinkles and spots, I've none of that. But I was beginning to notice my baby fat disappearing and disliked the deepening folds between my nose and cheeks. I can afford to buy any of the most expensive foundations but something about the word 'lift' in the name prompted me to buy it despite being a cheap drugstore product.

Why its awesome:
1) It doesn't break me out. Massive feat in itself. My skin is not sensitive but it is oily and I tend to be lazy about proper hygiene at times...yet if I fall asleep with this on I don't wake up with zits in the morning and very few foundations are capable of that on my skin.
2) The coverage is incredible. My younger cousin's girlfriend borrowed it to cover up some hickeys on her neck and was so impressed she went out and bought a bottle of her own. As for myself, I find this covers dark circles under the eyes extremely well on its own, and often better than if I attempt to use an under eye concealer.
3) It lasts a really long time. it holds even if you have a few tears stream down your cheeks without leaving streaks and having to reapply. If you do reapply over an existing application you can do so without it caking up.
4) It is SMOOTH. It stays smooth. It doesn't collect in creases, it doesn't turn into some weird texture and you don't see it sitting on top of your skin like with most drug store foundations, and if you happen to get the right shade, its unbelievable natural looking. Which brings me to the cons, if any-

The only drawback I've noticed is that when you DON'T select the perfect shade, it doesn't just magically become the perfect shade if you blend it. Unlike other foundations that have less coverage you skin color will not shine through so if you pick a shade that is too red, then it will look too red. period. I've run into this issue repeatedly because for some reason they print the color name/number on the cap instead of the bottle. and foundation caps never stay in my possession for long. so i never could remember what shade that initial bottle had been that matched me so beautifully. I've bought 4 bottles since then and although all of them have been slightly off in color (my skin has also been constantly changing from the passing seasons as well) -each one was used up completely. The way I deal with the color difference is to simply apply it to any skin that is visible on my neck and chest and that works fine.

Note: My opinion of this product is applicable only to the liquid foundation in their pump bottle. I've tried other products in the Visible lift line, namely the creme to powder foundation that comes in the disc-shaped jar, and that stuff looked awful. nothing positive to say about it. But the liquid serum is fantastic. Apply it with a clean makeup sponge for smoothest result.
Also, the packaging does prevent you from being able to access a considerable amount of product when you start to run out. I have found that holding it upright while gently slamming the bottom of the bottle against something hard will allow you a few more squirts of product when desperate, but overall you can see how well the product works based on the way it will not budge off the sides of the bottle without significant force.

I would say this product is comparable to (yet relatively better than) the full coverage foundations from Mary Kay in texture and quality, to give an idea for those who are familiar with Mary Kay products or have received boxes full of mary kay samples from their mother like I have.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by alicea825

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't think this was a bad product, it was just bad for me and my oily skin. Within 3 hours of wearing this, my face looked like an oil slick. This is definitely for dry skin that needs the serum for the extra moisturizing benefits. It did go on nicely and the coverage was very good with just one pump from the bottle needed for my entire face.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Crazydaisy13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think this foundation would work well for someone who does not have oily skin. It went on great, but disappeared within hours. I was left with an oilslick on my face. I might try it again in 30 years when my face is less oily.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by jenja536

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

NC42 and I wear Sun Beige in this foundation. I don't reach for this foundation very often because there is a feeling of heaviness of the foundation on my skin. It is a medium buildable coverage. I use 1/2 to 1 pump and this is sufficient for me. It dries matte and the longevity of wear is admirable.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by MissPrincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Let's start off with the basics:
- The product does not come in a great range of colors, as one shade was way too light and the other was way too dark, and the one inbetween was actually PINK! If you're very light or tan, then color will not be an issue.

-The bottle will break if dropped on a hard surface. Just a note.

Review:
-The product does not fade, but is very sticky since it does last all day, it sticks to skin! So it's hard to remove.

-The product did make me break out a LOT, but it's because I'm young so it's probably just the ingredients.

However, even though it didn't work that well for me, it most likely will for someone with a common skin tone and mature skin.

I switched to Maybelline Dream Mousse foundation and LOVE it! I HIGHLY recommend checking that out. If there a sample available of this product, use it for a whole day and evaluate results at the end of the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Psychoscruff

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation for the hydrating effect an anti-aging foundation should have and not at all for the anti-aging effects so I cannot speak to that.
I have dry skin so I was looking for this foundation to be smooth over any flakes and cover a minimal amount of pimples. When first applied I was very impressed. Medium coverage and it felt light on my skin. However, after a few hours it settles into flakes around break outs making them extra noticeable. It also looks really cake-y, oxidized and generally gross. I have always been put-off by people who look like they have caked on make up and this foundation made me that person. I was pretty embarrassed when I noticed at work and had no way to remedy it.
Packaging was okay, the pump dispenser is sanitary but product gunks up around the top.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2012 2:00:00 AM More reviews by achy513

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

at first i thought it gives decent amount of coverage, and appears to be invisible on your skin. but after about 2 hours, it gets really cakey, and feels like its pealing off my primer and bb cream at the same time. it makes me look like as if i had so much makeup on. the price is not that bad, but i've stopped using it after couple tries. and i can get something else much better for the same price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 9:20:00 AM More reviews by NatN

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of the best drugstore foundations. I tried Rimmel 25 hrs, Revlon Colorstay, Loreal True Match, Bourjois 10 hr sleep effect, Maybelline and this beats them all. Coverage is fantastic. The consistency is thin but covers amazingly. I don't feel it on my skin at all. I want to try Loreal Visible Lift Smooth absolute as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2012 8:38:00 AM More reviews by ladypamela1

Nope. Epic fail. Did not work for me at all. Makes it's presence known, stiffens up my skin, enlarged my pores, Disaster. Tried mixing up with a bit of my nearly empty Bobbi Brown stick but this junk just botched that up as well.