December 22, 2014 | 1505 users online

Lips - Maybelline - Color Sensational Lipstain

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2010 2:06:00 PM More reviews by brindled_mer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Edit (12-27-2010): This lipstain is OK, but it could have a bit more staying power.

I am a fan of lipstains because of their sheerness and the fact that they don't transfer onto drinking glasses or other things. This is a nice lipstain with average staying power. It wears off gradually, but the color does stay on your lips for several hours. I own the shades In The Buff, Feelin' Rosy, and Blushing. Blushing is my favorite shade; it's a clear cool berry shade, vivid but not too bright. (For reference, I am a light but not pale-skinned ash blond, and bright, sheer berry shades tend to look good on me.) In The Buff is ok for me - it is a neutral shade and adds color to the lips without an obvious makeup look. My least favorite, personally, is Feelin' Rosy. It is a warmer, almost hot, bright pink. However, I could see it being flattering on a warmer, deeper skin tone that favors hot, bright shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by blueroses2525

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

For me, this product is a lifesaver. I am now on my 3rd course of Accutane treatment since 1994, and as a consequence, my lips are chronically dry. Most lipsticks -- even the "moisturizing" ones -- suck out what little moisture my lips have managed to retain.

This is the first lip product I have ever been able to use for more than an hour. It gives my lips color without sitting on top of them and draining moisture away. It doesn't rub off on every cup I touch, and I don't have to reapply it constantly throughout the day. I can put ChapStick over it when my lips do get dry and the color stays the same.

I line my lips with my Jordana lip liner pencil and then finish it off with this. I will never use another lip product again!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by shareitwithme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I seem to have more luck than the average person with these drugstore lipstains, as I really like this Maybelline one.

I already own a few darker, raspberry shades in the Revlon stain and Benefit's Benetint, so I jumped at the chance to try Maybelline's lighter colours. I opted for 'In The Buff', which by looking at the other reviews, I'm sure you already know that it comes out much darker than the cap indicates. This was disappointing at first, but I actually adore the colour on my lips. It's a rosy, natural blush - like a rush of blood to the lips. It suits my light olive complexion with yellow undertones very well, and it's the most 'barely there' of any lipstain I've ever tried.

While I don't love the pen applicator, and wish these stains would come in a rollerball or something, the stain went on smoothly and the colour deposited evenly and didn't sink in to any cracks. I applied my regular clear lipbalm over the top of the stain and an hour later my lips are still moisturised. As for wear, it's hasn't budged in an hour and hopefully will fade nicely to a lighter colour; perhaps closer to the one advertised on the cap.

Highly recommended; particularly in this colour.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2010 8:03:00 PM More reviews by TheItalian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like the lipstain. It lasts enough if you don't drink. If you do, you better use a straw or it will melt in the inside and you'll have just the contouring line left, with some weird effects if you choose a bright color. I used the berry shade and I love it. It is a classy red. But to make it last longer I use moisturizer on the lips after applying the lip stain.

It is a good choice for those who don't want sticky creamy lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by snowcat123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in 2 shades- wink of pink and the lightest one (nude?). Anyway, they definitely look darker than the cap suggests, but leave a nice flush that looks natural. I tend to put lipbalm on underneath, and then blend it with my fingers before it dries. It does fade a bit by the end of the day, which actually looks really nice, because you still have a rosy tint. Depending on how much you put on, you can get very intense color. Its worth trying, because the price isn't bad and its really easy to apply.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 3:13:00 PM More reviews by hurricanenika

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a good lipstain for a while now, that would actually deposit colour on my pigmented lips, wouldn't dry them out, and would stay there. This stain fits the bill!

I bought Cranberry Crush, and I adore it. You can lightly press the side of the marker to your lips for a light flush, or add more pressure and end up with a sexy blood red. It's blue-based, so my teeth look super white, too.

The marker design makes the stain literally foolproof- I'd never used a stain before and I got it to look wonderful on the first try.

Yes, the colour will sink into the lines of your lips. So make sure you properly exfoliate and moisturize them before you apply this. I use the Vaseline-and-toothbrush method every night, and use Bonne Bell's Dr. Pepper lip balm afterwards, and that seems to carry out an effective enough routine so the colour stays even.

I bought this from Wal-Mart for about $7, and yes, I would buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Andryroxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product I picked two shades Touch of Toffee and the other which name I can't recall right now. I use it for natural looks and such. The product comes out darker than in the reference but both colors I chose worked for me. I picked them up on a sale to try them out. On my lips it has staying power for about 2 or 3 hours and it's ok by me I have this obsession of re applying. I liked this a lot but I won't buy again because it dries out fast in the tube.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by allisonspalace

First of all, let me say that I bought into the commercial. Second, I fell in love with the Color Sensational lipsticks and thought that their stain would be just as amazing. That was my second mistake. I picked some pink color at Wal-Mart. Then, when I got home I tried it out on my lips and was disappointed. The marker tip applicator was a pain. When I tried to apply (or color rather), the tip did not allow me to do strokes because it dry. Not only was the tip dry, but it was hard and it actually hurt to put this product on my lips.
Next, is the color. I understand that it's a stain and it will wear darker than the cap indicates but the shade I got was not a pink but a burgundy red. It was like someone punched me in the mouth and I decided to wear the blood as lipstick.
However, I like that the packaging is very easy to use on the go but since this lip stain is crap, the only place it will go is in the back of my makeup drawer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Tiffieotheory14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the stain in the color, 35 blushing. The lasting power is good and it isn't super drying. I use this as a lipliner as well when I apply lipstick. I am obsessed with lipstains! This is proabably my favorite one(:

I'm really working on purchasing all of them(:

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by jeeoh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in Plum, and it looks exactly like I hoped it would, like I've been eating a grape popsicle. I love the color and the way it doesn't leave any texture on my lips. You have to be really careful about dry lips. Even if it seems like your lips are fine, this will pick up the tiniest cracks and be way darker there. I've found the best way to apply is to use the side of the pen and just brush lightly over my lips. Using the tip makes the color far too dark and intense. As for staying power, I would say it last a couple of hours on me if I don't eat or drink anything. So it's not that great as a stain, but I do love the color and that it feels so much better than lipstick.