September 19, 2014 | 1776 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by themerchanwifey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Not terrible but not hg either. I use this as the final coat of my mascara application. I have never used this alone. I tend to build up a few coats of non waterproof mascara then finish with this. It usually plays well with others so it works for that purpose. Mine actually lasted a long time, maybe because I don't use it everyday. Weird smell, though not as awful as other maybelline mascaras I have used. What the heck do they put in his stuff that smells o terrible anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 6:04:00 AM More reviews by kayci21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favourite mascara. It holds a curl all day, gives some volume as well as a bit of length. It doesn't seem to clump ver easily, so I can usually add multiple layers. If you're looking for something dramatic, though, this might not be enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by javiejoe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My eyelashes are very short and straight and this literally made me look like I had false lashes. I actually had someone ask me something about my fake lashes and I had to tell them they were real. But I also use another mascara underneath the falsies to make sure my lashes don't clump and it gives them even more volume. The product alone is good but pair it with another mascara for extra boost.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2013 4:51:00 AM More reviews by moosefied

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

so many people love this but it didnt do much on my lashes. i found it hard to use. everytime i take it off, some of my lashes fall out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by christeeezy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm probably on my 3rd or 4th tube of this stuff 'cause it has to be my holy grail mascara. I don't have the longest or thickest lashes in the world, and this mascara fixes that issue. I've also been asked a couple of times if I was wearing false eyelashes when I wear this mascara. I have cried and had tears run down my face while wearing this mascara and not once have I dealt with smudging or black tears. In a nutshell, I love this stuff. Yeah I'll try out other mascaras, but I'll always go back to this one until Maybelline decides to discontinue it. Knock on wood.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by demiller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Drying. I had to use a primer or my lashes will break. The wand is curved, makes it easier to apply. Just layer it, don't wait because it dries so fast. Does not clump. The worst thing is that it dries up in the tube. Can't last more than a month.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by janjan123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara definitely lives up to its waterproof, long-lasting claims.

It definitely gives volume but it doesn't really help with maintaining a curl.

I won't buy again just because I don't think it's special enough to warrant a repurchase, though I do like this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by MUAkiss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the waterproof in black drama:
Pros:
-provides decent volume
-very pigmented
-holds curl
-very waterproof
-does not clump if layered on

Cons:
-it smudges badly!! And then you cant clean it off at school because its so waterproof
-does not deliver length

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by rosademarzo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Here's my experience with this mascara, which some might hate, but it's great, and here is why this keeps being the best mascara I've tried to date.
It elongates, gives volume and keeps curl all day long.
I take it off with coconut oil, and it's very easy.
A week ago I've found out why some might hate it.
I got a new one and tossed it in my bag.
Applied it on my way to work, and didn't have my eyelash curler with me, and did it quickly.
And then I hated Maybelline The Falsies waterproof with all my heart.
My lashes got all gunked/clumped together, and stuck straight horizontally
So,
1. the mascara needs to be a bit drier then when you first open it
2. you need to curl your lashes beforehand, and curl them on the base, middle and tips, and do it like there is no tomorrow
3. the curler must suit your eye shape, and the curler-pad should be fairly new
4. do the tips of the lashes first, so it elongates, and then the base, swiping it carefully and maybe cleaning excess off the wand first
5. don't wait too long between coats
When I observe all that, AND TAKE MY TIME, lashes hit eyelids.
If I combine The Falsies waterproof with Essence Stays no Matter What, lashes hit brows and ppl ask if I have false eyelashes on
I only go for that on evenings, for I find too extreme.
I'm not fond of the fuchsia-pink tube, it looks silly to me. I'd prefer a sleek, more simple packaging, but, oh well, it works, you can close it really tightly, and that's what matters.
I'll keep repurchasing and gifting it to friends and relatives (along with a lash curler).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by JesterGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has been my go-to mascara for quite a while now, I keep trying others but in the end I come back to either this or Falsies Flared. It's not perfect, but I have yet to find a mascara that is lol. I personally prefer the non-waterproof kind, because the waterproof stays a little TOO well haha... I spent a weekend out, so didn't get a chance to shower til I came home, it stayed on the whole time. when I got home and showered the mascara finally came off, but I had to use makeup remover AFTER the shower, to make sure it was totally gone! so staying power, yes. The only thing about this brand is if you don't use mascara alot, the tube will probably dry up before you finish it, and it tends to flake a little. But those few things aside, this is my FAVORITE mascara so far. My lashes looks noticeably more dramatic, they might not exactly look "fake" but they look about twice as big as they really are!!! love love love it.