Bobbi Brown Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner

4.5

I have been using this Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner for about 2 years now. Before that, I used a waterproof pencil liner from Prestige, which I thought at the time was pretty good, but since using the BB liner I don't think anything can compare. I have eyelids which don't have a large open lid area (I guess you can call it a hooded eye, like an Asian eye, although I am not Asian), and anything other than a waterproof liner just smudges and smears all over the place. Even some of the waterproof liners would smear. But this one stays in place like no other yet is easily removed with eye makeup remover (I use Neutrogena) or plain baby oil. I love the color for my fair skin/blue eyes; it's not as harsh on me as black. It's not hard to apply, especially with practice, and I use the BB eyeliner brush, the one with the yellow bristles as I like a thicker line across my top lids. The only complaint I have is that the 2 pots of this I've had in the past have dried out quite a bit by the time it's halfway gone. A MAC artist recently told me that by adding just the tiniest drop of tea tree oil, the consistency will come back, but I've been reluctant to do this yet. If it gets bad enough, it's worth a try before tossing it away, tho.

This is the best eyeliner I have ever used! It has fantastic staying power (won't crease) and is easy to apply. I'm quite fair skinned and have blonde hair so the sepia color works really well for daytime looks. The gel is really easy to apply, though it can get a little inconvenient to have to carry around the eyeliner brush. I've gotten this eyeliner is 3 other colors and highly recommend it. Though it is expensive a pot will last at least a year.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is by far the best eyeliner for sensitive eyes. I used MAC fluidline before, but this is a much better product. It stays all day until I want it off. Also this product doesn't ruin brushes like other products.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

You haven't used eyeliner if you haven't tried Bobbi's gel eyeliner. This is a dark dark brown (almost black) gel eyeliner without any shimmer. Lasts long and when it wears off it fades subtly instead of leaving your eyes looking like they've been punched. Very good. If only it is more convenient to carry around.

This is my favorite makeup product I own, and it has made the most impact of any of the makeup products I have. In my experience, pencil liners simply cannot effectively define my eyes the way liquid or gel liner can, and I don't have the time or steady hands to apply liquid liner. I apply along my upper lashes only, using a Sephora brand fine liner brush. The texture is creamier (and more ideal IMO) than Stila Smudge Pots. Application is not as quick as pencil, but it's pretty easy (and gets even easier with practice), and if you make a little mistake, you can grab a q-tip and smudge it a bit, and it still looks great. It lasts all day+ without moving. I have worked out then rubbed the sweat off of my face with my hands while wearing this, and it still looked perfect. One thing that could be a potential con for some is that the color, while beautiful in the pot, does not transfer precisely to the eyelids. On the eyes, it looks very dark, definitely not harsh like black, but dark. I was initially disappointed by that, but I quickly came to appreciate the dark color and realized that it is best for defining the eyes...I just had never had this much success with other liners. On that note, from what I've gathered from reviews, most BB gel liners apply very dark, which I'm thankful for because I don't feel like I have to buy any of the other colors (they're $19 apiece).

I have to admit that I had to practise a bit with this one but after I found out how it works best for me I really love this one. The colour is a medium brown which makes it perfect for everyday use. Plus the colour lasts the whole day and even the toughest sport or weather can't impress it . One of my holy grails and undefeated yet. If only a simple pencil would have its features...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My eyes: Small asian eyes with oily lids
Packaging: Small size is great for travel, but glass makes it a little inconvenient

Pros: Lovely natural brown which is great for day use. Creamy consistency makes it easy to brush on, great to make thin and thick lines. Does not flake or smudge even on hot and sweaty days.
Cons: Dries up quite fast so be sure to replace cap asap, dries up on the back of my hand very quickly too, so i need an oil MU remover to clean up after applying on my eyes. Brush needs to be cleaned immediately too.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

broke down and bought this at holts recently. i already have this gel liner in violent ink (and love it btw) but couldn't resist this perfect neutral brown when the S.A tested the color on my hand. this beautiful, smothering color is subtle enough for everyday wear and easily worn nights out. i have since stopped using pencil liners. bobbi brown liners are so so smooth and the formula lasts day til night. will repurchase this little pot if i ever run out.

HG!!!
This stuff stays on all day, and it is so easy to apply! I'm seriously spastic with eyeliner, but when I apply this with Bobbi's ultra-fine eyeliner brush, I can create a perfect lashline easily.

Packaging quality is okay, but I've dropped it before, and since it's glass, it's gotten chipped. I would prefer a plastic tub. The top layer also tends to dry out pretty easily, which then makes it harder to apply.

Still, I haven't found anything even close to this, counting the other products that are supposed to be like it, such as Clinique's cream liners. Love it!

Sepia is absolutely better than Black for my brown eyes for an everyday look. It never fails on me on any weather conditions or life situations. Texture is not too dense, not too thin, just the right amount and smoothness to feel as if they are just naturally coming from your eyes. Even if you mess up a bit, it doesn't look weird so it is perfect for me as a beginner to pick up using eyeliners. It truly is professional looking. I wouldn't go to work without a little eye make-over in the morning. A little goes a long way is very true. I've been using this for over a year, and there is very much left there.