April 19, 2014 | 934 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2008 1:37:00 PM More reviews by AlisonPJ

This is my favorite makeup product I own, and it has made the most impact of any of the makeup products I have. In my experience, pencil liners simply cannot effectively define my eyes the way liquid or gel liner can, and I don't have the time or steady hands to apply liquid liner. I apply along my upper lashes only, using a Sephora brand fine liner brush. The texture is creamier (and more ideal IMO) than Stila Smudge Pots. Application is not as quick as pencil, but it's pretty easy (and gets even easier with practice), and if you make a little mistake, you can grab a q-tip and smudge it a bit, and it still looks great. It lasts all day+ without moving. I have worked out then rubbed the sweat off of my face with my hands while wearing this, and it still looked perfect. One thing that could be a potential con for some is that the color, while beautiful in the pot, does not transfer precisely to the eyelids. On the eyes, it looks very dark, definitely not harsh like black, but dark. I was initially disappointed by that, but I quickly came to appreciate the dark color and realized that it is best for defining the eyes...I just had never had this much success with other liners. On that note, from what I've gathered from reviews, most BB gel liners apply very dark, which I'm thankful for because I don't feel like I have to buy any of the other colors (they're $19 apiece).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2008 3:50:00 PM More reviews by superblondie

I have to admit that I had to practise a bit with this one but after I found out how it works best for me I really love this one. The colour is a medium brown which makes it perfect for everyday use. Plus the colour lasts the whole day and even the toughest sport or weather can't impress it . One of my holy grails and undefeated yet. If only a simple pencil would have its features...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by magickmyst

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My eyes: Small asian eyes with oily lids
Packaging: Small size is great for travel, but glass makes it a little inconvenient

Pros: Lovely natural brown which is great for day use. Creamy consistency makes it easy to brush on, great to make thin and thick lines. Does not flake or smudge even on hot and sweaty days.
Cons: Dries up quite fast so be sure to replace cap asap, dries up on the back of my hand very quickly too, so i need an oil MU remover to clean up after applying on my eyes. Brush needs to be cleaned immediately too.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2008 4:18:00 PM More reviews by swti

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

broke down and bought this at holts recently. i already have this gel liner in violent ink (and love it btw) but couldn't resist this perfect neutral brown when the S.A tested the color on my hand. this beautiful, smothering color is subtle enough for everyday wear and easily worn nights out. i have since stopped using pencil liners. bobbi brown liners are so so smooth and the formula lasts day til night. will repurchase this little pot if i ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2007 1:02:00 AM More reviews by sarajane927

HG!!!
This stuff stays on all day, and it is so easy to apply! I'm seriously spastic with eyeliner, but when I apply this with Bobbi's ultra-fine eyeliner brush, I can create a perfect lashline easily.

Packaging quality is okay, but I've dropped it before, and since it's glass, it's gotten chipped. I would prefer a plastic tub. The top layer also tends to dry out pretty easily, which then makes it harder to apply.

Still, I haven't found anything even close to this, counting the other products that are supposed to be like it, such as Clinique's cream liners. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2007 12:52:00 PM More reviews by jieminhm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sepia is absolutely better than Black for my brown eyes for an everyday look. It never fails on me on any weather conditions or life situations. Texture is not too dense, not too thin, just the right amount and smoothness to feel as if they are just naturally coming from your eyes. Even if you mess up a bit, it doesn't look weird so it is perfect for me as a beginner to pick up using eyeliners. It truly is professional looking. I wouldn't go to work without a little eye make-over in the morning. A little goes a long way is very true. I've been using this for over a year, and there is very much left there.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2007 2:11:00 PM More reviews by avalonia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I repurchased this 3 times and will keep doing so. I have to keep rebuying because it dries out after about a year or so, but other than that it's perfect for all my liner needs. Just the right shade of dark brown (MAC dipdown was too light, too warm and too soft for me, and BB Espresso was too dark and too cool), perfect consistency, last all day, doesn't smudge and washes off easily. It's all I use for tightlining and it really makes my green eyes stand out. Tried fluidlines in various colors and LM bleumarine intended for this purpose (didn't work for me), and came back to this. For good I guess. I'm ok with the price because of the quality. I use LM flat eyeliner brush for tightlining and MAC 209 (pointed) and Paula Dorf angled brush for all other kinds of lining.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2007 10:59:00 PM More reviews by kinonyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I feel torn about this liner. It has the usual great BB ink quality, and it's a gorgeous color for me--a dark, olive-tinged brown that really sets off my slightly warmer brown eyes beautifully. But it is so hard (for me) to apply because it's so dark and makes such a strong line--it's tough to make it work (for me) for an everyday look. I'm always putting it on and having to work off the edges with an eye makeup remover pen . . . . I'm going to keep it because it looks so great (also because I don't have much choice--I bought it at Bergdorf's) but will save it for special occasions and evening events.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2007 12:24:00 AM More reviews by bobbyrsgirl

I really like this liner but I wish that it didn't smudge. It looks very nice on. I can wear this if I add She Laq-Benefit over it, but if I wear this alone, it will smear :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2007 7:38:00 AM More reviews by renee1100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite of BB's gel eyeliners. It's brown, and it never comes off. Until you take it off. Believe me. I train horses for a living, and I have been out in the 105 degree crazy ass weather we have had, sweating like you wouldn't believe. My hair has been a mess but my eyes look great! I use this with Maybelline Full and Soft Waterproof and at least my eyes don't look melted like the rest of me does.