September 1, 2014 | 2082 users online

Eyeliner - Tarte - EmphasEYES waterproof clay eye shadow & liner

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by cinderfallen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got the liner in Bronze and though it doesn't work for me as a liner because it disappears with my skin tone (medium-tone Asian)--it's absolutely gorgeous as a shadow! Fabulous color and blends really well. Try it!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by lotsofcolors

At first I loved this eyeliner (I got it in brown) but I was only able to use it for a few weeks before it dried out and became completely unusable. I would have returned it, but I had become attached to the brush that came with it. I have used pot eyeliners from mac, bobbi brown and stilla and never had a problem with any of these drying out. I would not recommend this product to anyone, but it gets one star for the brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by cherylf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a brown liner to use when black is just too harsh, and I ended up choosing this in Bronze. It's a great colour for me, and it's perfect for day or evening.
I currently have MAC Blacktrack, but when I wear it on just my upper lid it ALWAYS transfers to my lower one. I don't have this problem at ALL with Tarte. It goes on and stays on with no flaking, transfer or smudging. I would like to purchase it in black as well, but I hate having to buy the brush... it is terrible and a waste of money.
The only thing is, it doesn't work at all on my waterline. It came off almost right away. For that reason I will keep Blacktrack around, because when I dip a liner pencil into Blacktrack and draw it on my waterline it lasts very well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by lindi828

I like gel liners but I have never found one that I could use on the upper inner eyelid. Well, this works! I can really put a nice line right in the lashes in the upper rim and it doesn't stray or smudge and it really lasts all day! My favorite of all time. I also have oily eyelids, I use a primer first and this still stays on wonderfully!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by paladique

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my first gel liner ever, and I think I'll be using gel liners a lot more if they are like this! It is so convenient that it comes with a brush and a tutorial on the back of the box. This is pretty waterproof and it seems to stay on all day! It also seems as if a little goes a long way with this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 10:25:00 AM More reviews by cupsoupable

I decided to make the switch from liquid to gel eyeliners on a recent trip to Sephora in San Francisco and picked up this which came in a set of black, bronze and olive green plus a double ended brush.

I was really happy with the brush quality. It was easy to use and I loved the double end because I can do thinner lines with the thinner end and do more dramatic winged eyes or blending with the wider end.
Lasting power for all colours was excellent and exceeded any liquid liner I've tried so far. I have quite oily lids and have used this with and without my TooFaced Shadow Insurance primer, and find it lasts in both cases quite well. After few hours I notice they start to look a bit shadowy/creasy if I don't use the primer. I've worn these on occasions where I've been crying ALOT and they didn't budge. I nap with these on regularly too (as a sleep deprived uni student) and my cat eye always looks perfect. My mascara on the other hand is a different story...
Colour payoff is also great and exactly what you would hope for. I use the bronze so much as I think it complements my green eyes really nicely. I found them a little steep, but I use them almost 4 times a week and they've lasted a long time so far. I've also heard some reviews about the liners caking up and drying out. I haven't had that problem so far at all. I do find the application can feel a bit gritty/unsatisfactory if the brush isnt really clean. I find sometimes bits of product dry on the brush so I make sure I clean the brushes with makeup remover before I apply.

Overall great product! Its exactly what I want from an eyeliner and so far I've only gone back to my liquid liner pen on mornings when I'm super rushed and have to do makeup in the car and taking a brush and pot of eyeliner is too much.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by KimberlyDoll10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently bought quite a few high priced items (or at least higher than what I am used to) and have not been overly impressed with them. This is one of those items (along with MAC Fluidlines). For the price I paid for this eyeliner, I would expect the application and pigmentation to be much better. Drugstore gel eyeliners have better pigmentation than these eyeliners and I do not like to apply layers of eyeliner. When I try to apply this, it also balls up and does not apply smoothly. Its such a pain in the butt and takes me forever to apply it, especially to my waterline, and I am not that patient in the morning! The only good thing I can say about it is it does have decent staying power on the upper lashline; it faded after 6 hours but it didnt flake or anything.

I do not know about how quickly it will dry up, but it already has a pretty dry consistency so I imagine it'd dry out fast. I do not think it'll matter too much to me because I doubt I will be reaching for this....shame I cannot return it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Meg14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this liner. I tried the maybelline gel liner in black and it started to get gray after a while and was a mess. I tried this in the plum shade and i really liked it but not the color so I got it in black, the formula was less thick, harder to work with, and the brush wasn't as stiff. I like this but I wish they would go back to the old formula.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2011 4:58:00 AM More reviews by knitsnbytes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am not a gel eyeliner fan to begin with, but I will say, Tarte's waterproof gel liner lives up to its claim of staying put. I was able to line, including inner rim, and it didn't budge until I used a biphase eye makeup remover. (Clinique.) Having said that, this color, Shimmering Black Night, is black with some glitter, and the glitter is kind of piecey. I think that is weird and a bad idea. I can see metallic shimmer in a liner, but glitter pieces unless thick and heavy for theatrical effect are dumb, in my book. I would use the non-glitter colors of this liner. It is not easy to get this on because as you brush it over the lid, the very characteristic that makes it stay put makes it stay put if you put it in the wrong place. It does brush out with a smudger to some degree, but I found it harder to line with this. Still, if you have oily lids or sweat or are outside, this liner will stay put.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by nadiasaurus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

k so THIS IS WATERPROOF, at least for me. i wore a thick winged line on my upper lash line to swim in my pool. i literally put my head underwater a bunch of times and this did not smudge,smear or anything. the pigmentation was faded a bit--it wasnt as black as it started--but the shape was still there,i had no raccoon eyes! this is definitely my go-to liner for the summer on the east coast!!easy application,truly waterproof,creamy and pigmented :]