October 20, 2014 | 862 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Xaephan

I bought this thinking it was the Kissable Balm Stain. I should really read it more carefully next time! Dx

The stain is okay, but the colour it gives you is nowhere near what the tube shows. I bought this in Victorian, which is shown as a nice muted pink on the cardboard thing in the store, but it just turned my lips bright red. I already have pretty pigmented lips, so this really isn't what I wanted. The balm and stain are okay products by themselves, but I could just as easily use a stain and my own balm. Not worth the price, in my opinion.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by xCrystaal

Oh Gosh, I HATE THIS! The color of packaging is not the same as the color that appears on your lips. I just bought flame, and tried it.. it came out to be Red on my lips! I hate it more than the NYC lipstain. Its so drying, and when i first tried to lose the balm, it broke when i just pressed it! Poor quality, I wanna get this off. Waste of my 9$ .

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by ritables

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i have this in two colors: Flame, an orangy red and Beloved, a plum color. i dont have much experience with lip stains, so i dont have anything to base this on. I initially bought the Gothic color, a deep red, but indeed the product goes on much darker than the container eludes. The things i like about this product: the color does stay on longer than lipsticks or colored gloss, so i feel that i do have color on even after eating or drinking something. I often forget to reapply because i forget to look in a mirror because i get so busy sometimes. Cons? the color does seem to go on unevenly if you want a darker application, my bottom lip sometimes looks blobby, but when putting balm this evens out. I love the balm that comes with it, but the Beloved one broke off and i was so sad. Its nice to carry one item, but with this i feel that you need to carry a separate balm, just in case the included one falls off. I use burt bee's radience lip shimmer balm with the white cap. I have tried a more opaque color (guava i think, or champagne) but it was too thick and you couldnt see the lovely lip stain color underneath. I do like the portability, but to me it looks rather cheap. I was embarassed to pull it out in public to use it; my husband says it looks like im using a sharpie.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by NerdyLibrarianGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Worst thing I ever tried. I returned it. Like trying to colour your lips with a dried out sharpie. Totally uneven. Just awful!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by jenren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Terrible product. Same as if I tried to color my lips with a Sharpie. The product was uneven and accentuated any and every little crack in my lips, even one's I didn't know I had! I wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemy. There is nothing remotely positive I can say about this lipstain

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by LadyxBec

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in passion (there is a review under the colour listing as well)There were things I liked about this, but not enough to make up for the negatives. I had an older version of just bitten, maybe 4-5 years ago which I liked a LOT more, the tube contained a lot more product and there was no waste of space balm.
The Good:
This lasts really well, and I love the colour. On me, it's a fairly bright pink, which can be layered to be really really bright, or with one coat it's a slightly more natural, but still bright colour. It lasts really well - I easily get 4 hours out of it, even with eating and drinking. The packaging is a good idea, but the execution is terrible. It's not overdrying. The balm is fine. You can use other balms and gosses over the top without effecting the staying power which is good.

The Bad:
This is so overpriced! In Australia Revlon is way to expensive. I'm not sure how much product you get, but going by the size of the tube it is not enough. The tube is not very secure - it doesn't close tightly enough for me, and the balm just sticks out at the end, which meant mine broke after two days and I had to try and stick it back together. I wish they sold the balm seperately, because it's just meh for me.

*EDIT* I have re-rated this at 4 stars, as it has a lot more product than I thought from the tube, making it way better value for money than I thought. I will re-buy when mine runds out, although I am still not a fan of the design.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stains are marker style lip stains with a clear lip balm attached to the end. Just Bitten is "kiss proof color with soft shine, meets a moisturizing balm for supreme comfort." These stains are available in 15 shades. I have the color Gothic, a bright red. Revlon products are not tested on animals. This stain was made in the USA, as are most Revlon products. I can't find the amount of product you get in each pen, actually Revlon barely offers any info on their product on their website. I purchased this stain on sale at Rite Aid for $4.99 on sale, but they usually retail between $8 and $12, depending on where you buy them. My local Rite Aid sells them for $10.99, so I scored quite a deal!
Just Bitten Lip Stains come in color coordinated tubes with loosely attached caps, which isn't good considering marker style lip stains already dry out easily. The name of the product, and the name of the color are written on the tube in silver lettering. It looks pretty nice. Once again, Revlon comes out with attractive packaging, specifically by drugstore standard. I really wish the caps were sturdier and stayed on better. I wouldn't suggest throwing this product into your purse or makeup bag unsupervised. I also wish Revlon would offer more product information on the tube and on the website.
The felt marker tip is well saturated with product and comes to a rounded tip. Not too conducive to drawing thin lines to line the lips, but because of the additional width you need fewer swipes to cover your lips. Application is easy, but Gothic can go on a bit uneven and needs two coats to be fully opaque, however it's no where near as sheer as most lip stains are. Some of the more active parts of your lips, such as the corner of your mouth may need extra coats to keep the color even. No matter how many coats you apply, the color will not show up even in close up flash photography. I learned that today while taking pictures for this post. It will appear even irl though, and that's what matters, at least on a daily basis.
The color of Gothic is kinda great, but it definitely doesn't suit the name. Gothic sounds like it would be a deep, plummy color or a blackened purple, or at least a deeper, more burgundy red. Gothic is actually a bright, almost blood red when first applied, that dries down to a more classic, red lip color. It leans just a little bit cool, but could be considered neutral. Obviously, like with most lip stains, the resulting color varies on the natural color of your lip. The swatch on my arm looks like a different color than how it appears on my lips.Gothic suits me really well, which is great because I tend to have a harder time pulling off red lips, because of my pink cheeks and nose. I, personally think it looks quite good on me, though Roommate makes hooker jokes, and mum says it's almost overwhelming. What do they know though?
The balm on the end is controversial. Not many people seem to like it. Lots of people say that their balm popped out or broke off the very first time they applied it. I have yet to have any issues with this balm, but it's also not anything to write home about. It's pretty much just regular chapstick stuck on to a lip stain. It's not really moisturizing, but it adds a nice shine to the matte stain.
Of the four lip stains I've tried, Just Bitten is probably the most comfortable. It's a little, tiny bit drying, but nothing the balm can't handle. Just Bitten feels weightless on the lips, which is great. I actually tend to forget to touch up sometimes. Oops.
On the subject of touching up, Revlon doesn't get very specific about how long their Just Bitten lip stains are supposed to wear. Good thing, because I don't get super wear from Gothic. Gothic fades in a patchy manner after 3 or so hours. The stain is still there, but it's no where near as bright red as when freshly applied.
Reapplying in public may draw you a few strange looks. I guess people just aren't used to a girl coloring in her lips with what appears to be a marker with a chapstick stuck on the end.
Revlon's Just Bitten stains are the first ones that I haven't noticed a slight artificial, fruity scent or taste, so if you have a scent sensitivity, consider choosing this stain.
I like Revlon's Just Bitten lip stain in Gothic. I like it equally as much as NYC's Smooch Proof Lip Stain. You won't get hours and hours of wear, unless you layer a lipstick over it; I really like to layer NYX's Sunflower over Gothic. I think the color of Gothic is lovely and a true classic. Good job Revlon, this is the kind of color yinz are good at making. I do think Gothic was a weird name choice for the color. Just Bitten lip stains are pretty pricey for what they are, and I would never pay full price for it, but they're a solid buy if you get the on sale or with a coupon, or better yet, both. I would repurchase this stain if I could get a deal on it. Though Just Bitten isn't a perfect lip stain, they're pretty dang good. Pick one up if you like stains or if any of the colors catch your eye.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by oliviacatherineheart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product. I am very picky about my lip color because i want longevity, natural color, and hydration. Now usually, stains are not hydrating. This one, however, is great. I got the one in Dawn, a very natural color. It doesn't dry out my lips! It also blends and smooths over my lips very nicely. The only reason I took off a lippie is because it is quite expensive for drug store. (about 7 dollars) Also, the lip balm on the end is great, but there is no scent or color. Just a little bit of shine/buttery texture. I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2012 9:36:00 AM More reviews by PrincessGizmo

I have two of these lip stains and overall like them for a soft pat on my lips, if I draw my lips in at all it looks horrid, and I look like a clown. This colors on the stains show lighter, but when putting them on are completely different colors for me, it might be my light skin tone or something but they just seem so dark and bright. I would buy these again if they came out with lighter colors more suiting to me. Other than the color thing I love the way they feel and work.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Mascarra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in 'Flame'. Cost me a little over $10. I absolutely loved the color, it was a bright orange red on me. The balm is really great as well. The packaging is really nice. Unfortunately, the stain itself doesn't last as long as I had hoped. I have tried a lot of Lipstains, this is probably the best out of them all, but still, there isn't enough balm to last you that long, cause the stain itself is very drying so you need to use a lot of the balm and keep reapplying. I kept using it solely for the shade cause I really loved the color, one tube of this stuff would last me about 2 weeks maybe less considering how much of the balm I needed to use. Then I found a lipstick that had a similar shade and decided to switch. I would have continued to use this if it wasn't so drying and if there was more balm to use. Overall, its good as far as Lipstains go, but for how much it cost, I would rather stick with Lipstick and Gloss.