July 30, 2014 | 1127 users online

Conditioner - Aussie - Hair Insurance Leave In Conditioner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by sweetheartme173

Terrible. Smells great but weighed down my hair...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by IronPill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Edit 12/9/12: I have noticed that this product has changed it's formula. The leave in I've used has the listed ingredients: water, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, silk extract, panax ginsing root extract, amodimethicone, cetrimonium chloride, trideceth-12, polyquaternium-11, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, ppg-2 methyl ether, dmdm hydantion, fragrence/parfum, disodium edta, polysorbate80, aminomethyl propanol, citric acid. 2012 formula.

However, the new formula puts amodimethicone and the castor oil at the top, and the others more towards the bottom - basically, Aussie inverted the amount of their main ingredients.

I haven't used the new formula yet.

Original Review:
I have very fine hair that borders right between what's considered thin and medium thickness. It is bra strap length, uncolored, and has experienced heat damage in the past from blow drying. However, I have not heat styled it for 5 months now.

I bought this because my hair is pourous and loses moisture easily to this dry winter air. I have even been waking up to hair that's dried out simply from my dry apartment air. I'm using it as a leave in and detangler.

I lightly spray this about five times into damp hair after showering, keeping it away from the roots except for areas that are tangled. I spray it into dry hair (the ends) before I go to bed and comb it through, so I can wake up to soft, moisturized hair. I'm also using it to spray into dry ends on days I don't shampoo to detangle and moisturize.

This doesn't weight my hair down at all, yet my hair feels moisturized and soft. It doesn't seem to leave a build up either. And I really like the smell, it's a coconut that does linger. Loving it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by toriturtle158

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I read many positive reviews about this product but was still reluctant to try it because nothing ever seems to work on my unruly curly hair. Well I started the Curly Girl method and I am in LOVE with this product! It is cheap, works extremely well (gets rid of frizz and smells GREAT! (like coconuts)), is easy to apply, and perfect for refreshing hair after a shower and throughout the day. Also it's Curly Girl method friendly (doesn't contain harsh chemicals). The only downside is that it can make your hair crunchy (crunchy enough to bring my rating down to a 3). I would still definetely recommend this to all hair types especially if you have curly hair like me.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2011 9:21:00 AM More reviews by Thisismyusername0192

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This spray did absolutely nothing for my hair, except make it smell good. I would suggest using a creme leave-in conditioner, because they make my hair SO much softer than this product did.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by katerz

I sort of just picked this product upon a whim this summer because I was tired of my regular conditioner and needed a change. I absolutely LOVE what it did for my hair. I sprayed it on when damp, and whether I blew my hair dry or let it air dry, I always had soft shiny hair! It never weighed my thick hair down either. But unfortunately I had to stop using this because it always left my broken out on the area of my forehead that my bangs touch :( I kept using it because I loved it so much, but I eventually got tired of dealing with breakouts. There are very few leave-in hair products I can use that wont break me out, so I don't blame this product, I blame my skin! But for those not prone to acne, I say go for it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Sabbyk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have thick hair that is color treated. It tends to be wavy. kind of dry and out of control if I just wash and wear it. Recently, I started looking into using different styling cremes and protection sprays because I wanted to start minimizing the use of my heat styling tools. After reading about air drying my hair, I needed to find a leave in conditioner to try first. I never used one before, and after searching on here for hours and through many reviews, I decided to try Aussie Hair Insurance Leave in because it was cheap and readily available at Wal-Mart for $2.88.

From my experience of using hair cremes, leave in's and sprays in general, I have found that applying it to your hands and running it through your hair but avoiding your roots is the best approach. If you are finding that your hair is too greasy or feeling weighed down with this product, definitely use less. It took me at least 3 tries to figure out how much to use. I wouldn't suggest directly spraying this product on your hair only because with this particular nozzle, it only sprays in a small section and that's where it accumulates. Definitely comb it through if you have to spray. I have about past my shoulders length hair and I have used about 2-4 sprays in my palms max. A little goes a long way.

As for my results, I am rather pleased and surprised. After regular use for about 3 weeks, I didn't use it and just applied my heat protection spray from Nexxus and blow dried my hair. Usually, with a blowdry, I have to straighten my hair after because my hair tends to poof and have lots of flyaways. This time, it did not look like that! It was soft and manageable. I decided to run the hair straightener through after, but realized before I did that, I didn't need to. When I want to air dry my hair, this leave in kind of makes my hair pliable so I can leave my hair up in a bun and it comes out kind of curly/wavy. I am happy with the versatility of hair styles this leave in is allowing my hair to achieve.

There have been a few downsides, such as the scent. It can be rather overwhelming because it's very tropical, but it dissipates over time I believe. I think that's just a personal thing though! Also, I tend to get greasy hair roots after 2 days of not washing my hair with no leave in, but I found if I comb this product through, it ends up in my roots somehow so they end up greasy. This is a huge downside and my remedy is to just apply this perhaps a little farther from my roots and make sure that I don't comb through from top to bottom where I end up transferring some to my roots. If I keep noticing greasy roots, I will have to discontinue using this.

I would say give it a try because it's cheap and easy to find. You have to try it for more than a few days I think to see some results, perhaps a week or more. If you don't like it, most stores that sell it have a generous return policy :)

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by sammysaurous

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This prodict did nothing special to my hair at all, it just made it smell like bananas, that is why it got 2 lippies when it deserves one. Ive had it for 6 months and im only half way through because I just forgot about it. Ill use it until I run out, but will not be repurchasing. I would suggest another leave in spray.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by maria411

This is a great leave-in conditioner! It leaves my hair smooth, silky. And it smells tropical, gotta love that!:-) I don't normally use leave-ins, but I think they're nice to use when not in need of deep conditioning, just a light, fragrant protective layer to make sure my hair is getting the TLC it needs:-)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Diadore

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used this after i took a shower. i just sprayed it all over my hair. the spray works pretty well. but the next day my hair was weighed down, greasy, sticky and gross. i was disgusted and i felt dirty. i will never buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Artbum

I was swayed by fancier brands at higher prices (Rusk, Redken, Sebastian, Biomatrix, Wella) & forgot about this tried & true leave-in spray. I bought it last night because I was strapped on cash, and was looking for a leave-in conditioner spray that would condition my hair & NOT weigh it down. When I read the first two ingredients (water, aloe leaf juice...) I knew it was the right pick. This stuff is incredibly cheap-pricewise but the quality is better than salon brands!!! This is the only product I used after showering this morning, and it's 7:30 pm and my hair is silky soft and soo shiny--I can run my fingers thru my hair (no snags) and I'm getting compliments at the dinner party! You bet this is my #1 hair product. People with fine hair have best results with spray leave-in's (no creams, serums, gel-creams, mousse, lotions, etc)---Spray!!!!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No