October 2, 2014 | 1880 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - LUSH - Colour Supplement

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by moorkitty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My daughter introduced me to this product. She purchase Jackie Oats as she is pale porcelain, but the light yellow works for me. I am cool-toned with a hint of pink and this shade alleviates the redness. It is well-pigmented so I just use a touch combined with either moisturizer or my Elta 45 physical sunblock (also tinted). My DD finds the oats in Jackie O calming to her skin. I love the fact that this is packaged in glass and the size is perfect for travelling. In fact, I keep the little jars and reuse them as travel jars for my other products. After foraying into Chanel and LaMer foundations, I am overjoyed to find this calibre at this pricepoint. Satisfied!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Aguerra92

Over all i Like this Foundation, the Only Problem that Ihave whit it is that i havent found the right moisturizer to mix it whit. Color wise there are Only 5 selections, they are formulated to Match your skin tone which it does, But mixed whit my moisturizer it just clogges my pores and has made me break out. Still not Giving up on it still trying to look for the Right Moisturizer to mix it whit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

(I have this in Jackie Oates, the lightest shade available).
This is a really good creamy concealer/tinted moisturizer for sensitive skin. I pretty much just use it on my cheeks where it is dry and has a lot of redness. This is sheer but it is layerable to get more coverage. It covers redness pretty well if you use about 2 layers. Once you start adding more than that it can look a bit cakey. The jar is 'cute' but not really sanitary.. either way I just use a clean brush to dip into it each time I use it. This probably wouldn't work well for people with oily skin.. I tried it on my chin once and it kind of just melted off.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by rubybluecat1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using Lush's colour supplements pretty much since they came out. My skin is quite light, with both pink and yellow undertones, and I was initially using the light yellow colour. I switched to Jackie Oates when it came out, and am now on my second container of Jackie O (3rd container overall). Don't let the fact that it's for porcelain skin put you off; if your skin is on the lighter side, and tends to be sensitive it's probably worth a go.
I love the fact that it's quite sheer, but still buildable. On lazy days I just swipe some on my undereye circles, and don't need to worry about blending too much, cause I never get an obvious "makeup" line.
That said, my skin is on the sensitive side, and is prone to redness. I can easily build more coverage on these days, and Jackie O. actually helps calm my skin down too. Depending on the season (or my skin's mood) I'll add a drop or two of pure argan oil for some moisture, or just use it as is.
All in all I would definitely recommend trying them, especially if you find most foundations too heavy. I used to use Dior Skinlight, and it's somewhat comparable in coverage, but way cheaper!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by wildchild1018

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Terrible.
at first I loved it, Jackie oats matched my skin tone perfectly, then I started getting pimples everywhere. I thought it was my moisturizer that was making my face break out. No, so after changing my moisturizer and using about a pack of paper blotters a day, I finally came to the conclusion that I was dreading it was actually this product that was breaking me out and making my face an oil slick after two hours of wear.
I did love the coverage but for my combination/oily/acne prone skin it wasn't a good match. Would work well for those with dry skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by hbeeteevee

I have this in Jackie Oats. This stuff is a god-send for those without oily skin looking for a dewy glow. I use this with NARS Copacabana illuminator underneath and it is the prettiest, freshest, skin. I'd definitely recommend powdering it, can sit on the skin and feel slightly wet throughout the day, doesn't set matte. However, it is great as a base for a light foundation. Get this if you don't need so much coverage but want gorgeous looking skin. Beautiful!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by abrannan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lush's colour supplement is the bomb. I use the light pink shade as foundation over a light moisturizer. It's buildable without looking cakey because it's so "fluffy". I do use quite a bit to build the coverage level to medium. It does not clog my pores or make my face look oily -- it looks natural, smooth, and dewy. No breakouts whatsoever from this foundation. I have tried many foundations in my life, and this is really one of the best I've ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Foxy_C

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love it! I have the dark yellow and it fits me to a tee. I'm an NC35-40. It goes on sheer but does even my skin tone out, then during the day it is as if it melts onto your skin making it look completely natural and kinda lasts all day. Then again it's sheer, but I can definitely tell my skin is even all day until I take it off. What I do is the put my moisturizer on then immediately put the Colour Supplement itself on top so it blends with the cream I put on before. I just dab middle fingerpad on the cream so I get just enough and place a dot on each cheek, two small dots on forehead, slide it down my nose and the last dot on my chin (all from the one dab on my finger) then blend it out. Looks awesome! Doesn't have a smell, does not break me out, is more than enough so it will last me a very long time, is natural (although, it does contain parabens which doesn't bother me. It may have a bad rap, but that's all it is...it's actually a fine ingredient) and is very creamy. I will re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, reddish undertones, acne discolorations.

I now have both bottles from swaps, Light & Dark Yellow, and I am starting to learn to love them!
>Test#1: Put it straight on like a foundation, way too dense, mask like and drying.
>Test#2: Mix w/ sunscreen for tinted moisturizer, does not cover pores so still would need a primer and not enough coverage for my acne discolorations.
>Test#3: FINALLY A METHOD TO MAKE THOSE GOSH-DARN-TOO LIGHT-FOR-NC25 BB CREAMS WORK! Apply BB cream (several being tested at this time) and then a thin layer of the 'dark yellow' to get the tint I need. Provides concealer coverage for the acne discolorations as well. Using the 'light yellow' as under eye concealer. Liking this alot! I don't mind the dual layer application, since I'm not using a SPF or primer currently, I'm actually being more efficient!

Part of the original Dec11 review:
The original item I wanted in a swap wasn't avail, so I randomly chose this person's "Light Yellow", not knowing what in the world Lush or this product is. When received, I was like "heck no" at this goop-in-a-jar that had a slightly pink tone in it and immediately was going to re-swap this. Soon after, I happend to watch an Enkore YT video on concealer, and he noted you should use a 'salmon' colored concealer.. and I've been going in a completely different direction w/ pure yellow concealers (like YSL #8 or MUFE 330). When you rub it out, it actually turns more yellow than it would look in the jar itself. Can't wait to try the Dark Yellow as well.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by mizzmai

__packaging:
comes in a jar that contains 0.7 oz

__price:
about $15 CDN

__color:
dark yellow

overall this is a good foundation.
the first time i tried this product i mixed it in with my moisturizer. it was love at first sight. it made my skin glow, blended easily and it gave me beautiful coverage. it went on extremely light but oxidizes real quick leaving a very dewy glow.

HOWEVER, after a couple times using it, it didnt seem to 'wow' me as much anymore. the coverage seemed more sheer. the glowiness that i remembered from my first try didnt seem the same as the first try.
i tried it a couple more times without moisturizer and it never again gave me that initial 'wow' reaction.

OVERALL, i think this is a good sheer-to medium coverage foundation. its lighweight and adds a dewy glow to ur complextion
i dont like that it comes in a jar bc it becomes difficult and unsanitary to use. i do believe that i will love this foundation in the summer bc of its dewy and light weight effect. but for winter, im gonna stick with something else.