August 28, 2014 | 884 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - LUSH - Colour Supplement

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by rubybluecat1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using Lush's colour supplements pretty much since they came out. My skin is quite light, with both pink and yellow undertones, and I was initially using the light yellow colour. I switched to Jackie Oates when it came out, and am now on my second container of Jackie O (3rd container overall). Don't let the fact that it's for porcelain skin put you off; if your skin is on the lighter side, and tends to be sensitive it's probably worth a go.
I love the fact that it's quite sheer, but still buildable. On lazy days I just swipe some on my undereye circles, and don't need to worry about blending too much, cause I never get an obvious "makeup" line.
That said, my skin is on the sensitive side, and is prone to redness. I can easily build more coverage on these days, and Jackie O. actually helps calm my skin down too. Depending on the season (or my skin's mood) I'll add a drop or two of pure argan oil for some moisture, or just use it as is.
All in all I would definitely recommend trying them, especially if you find most foundations too heavy. I used to use Dior Skinlight, and it's somewhat comparable in coverage, but way cheaper!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by wildchild1018

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Terrible.
at first I loved it, Jackie oats matched my skin tone perfectly, then I started getting pimples everywhere. I thought it was my moisturizer that was making my face break out. No, so after changing my moisturizer and using about a pack of paper blotters a day, I finally came to the conclusion that I was dreading it was actually this product that was breaking me out and making my face an oil slick after two hours of wear.
I did love the coverage but for my combination/oily/acne prone skin it wasn't a good match. Would work well for those with dry skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by hbeeteevee

I have this in Jackie Oats. This stuff is a god-send for those without oily skin looking for a dewy glow. I use this with NARS Copacabana illuminator underneath and it is the prettiest, freshest, skin. I'd definitely recommend powdering it, can sit on the skin and feel slightly wet throughout the day, doesn't set matte. However, it is great as a base for a light foundation. Get this if you don't need so much coverage but want gorgeous looking skin. Beautiful!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by abrannan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lush's colour supplement is the bomb. I use the light pink shade as foundation over a light moisturizer. It's buildable without looking cakey because it's so "fluffy". I do use quite a bit to build the coverage level to medium. It does not clog my pores or make my face look oily -- it looks natural, smooth, and dewy. No breakouts whatsoever from this foundation. I have tried many foundations in my life, and this is really one of the best I've ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Foxy_C

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love it! I have the dark yellow and it fits me to a tee. I'm an NC35-40. It goes on sheer but does even my skin tone out, then during the day it is as if it melts onto your skin making it look completely natural and kinda lasts all day. Then again it's sheer, but I can definitely tell my skin is even all day until I take it off. What I do is the put my moisturizer on then immediately put the Colour Supplement itself on top so it blends with the cream I put on before. I just dab middle fingerpad on the cream so I get just enough and place a dot on each cheek, two small dots on forehead, slide it down my nose and the last dot on my chin (all from the one dab on my finger) then blend it out. Looks awesome! Doesn't have a smell, does not break me out, is more than enough so it will last me a very long time, is natural (although, it does contain parabens which doesn't bother me. It may have a bad rap, but that's all it is...it's actually a fine ingredient) and is very creamy. I will re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, reddish undertones, acne discolorations.

I now have both bottles from swaps, Light & Dark Yellow, and I am starting to learn to love them!
>Test#1: Put it straight on like a foundation, way too dense, mask like and drying.
>Test#2: Mix w/ sunscreen for tinted moisturizer, does not cover pores so still would need a primer and not enough coverage for my acne discolorations.
>Test#3: FINALLY A METHOD TO MAKE THOSE GOSH-DARN-TOO LIGHT-FOR-NC25 BB CREAMS WORK! Apply BB cream (several being tested at this time) and then a thin layer of the 'dark yellow' to get the tint I need. Provides concealer coverage for the acne discolorations as well. Using the 'light yellow' as under eye concealer. Liking this alot! I don't mind the dual layer application, since I'm not using a SPF or primer currently, I'm actually being more efficient!

Part of the original Dec11 review:
The original item I wanted in a swap wasn't avail, so I randomly chose this person's "Light Yellow", not knowing what in the world Lush or this product is. When received, I was like "heck no" at this goop-in-a-jar that had a slightly pink tone in it and immediately was going to re-swap this. Soon after, I happend to watch an Enkore YT video on concealer, and he noted you should use a 'salmon' colored concealer.. and I've been going in a completely different direction w/ pure yellow concealers (like YSL #8 or MUFE 330). When you rub it out, it actually turns more yellow than it would look in the jar itself. Can't wait to try the Dark Yellow as well.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by mizzmai

__packaging:
comes in a jar that contains 0.7 oz

__price:
about $15 CDN

__color:
dark yellow

overall this is a good foundation.
the first time i tried this product i mixed it in with my moisturizer. it was love at first sight. it made my skin glow, blended easily and it gave me beautiful coverage. it went on extremely light but oxidizes real quick leaving a very dewy glow.

HOWEVER, after a couple times using it, it didnt seem to 'wow' me as much anymore. the coverage seemed more sheer. the glowiness that i remembered from my first try didnt seem the same as the first try.
i tried it a couple more times without moisturizer and it never again gave me that initial 'wow' reaction.

OVERALL, i think this is a good sheer-to medium coverage foundation. its lighweight and adds a dewy glow to ur complextion
i dont like that it comes in a jar bc it becomes difficult and unsanitary to use. i do believe that i will love this foundation in the summer bc of its dewy and light weight effect. but for winter, im gonna stick with something else.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by kwippy

This is a great on-the-go base color but you'd definitely need a heavier powder to layer on. I tried just using it on its on (due to its claim you can wear it in place of foundation) but it just didn't sit right. I did notice parabens and alcohols in the ingredients list but was told it was minimal and needed for preservation. However, I still heart LUSH products and every store I've been to has great sales people that are truly helpful.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by htrrr0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am absolutely in love with this product, it has won its place in my holy grail products stash. Although I would not categorize this a foundation because it simply does not give enough coverage, it is a great tinted moisturizer. I mix this at a 4:6 ratio with a pump of Clinique's dramatically different moisturizing gel. Less than pea size amount is needed for one application. It is quick to apply and easily blendable. It gives my normal/combination oily skin a natural finish and stays well put throughout the day. Do not expect this product to hide your dark spots or problem areas, that is what a concealer is for. I recommend to set with a light powder after application to be safe since the consistency of this product is rather creamy. It is sold around $15, which I think is reasonable considering most foundations and tinted moisturizers are much expensive at sephora. The small jar will last quite a while, atleast until the expiration date.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by volarelibre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this! I have oily/combination skin and I always have trouble finding foundations that work well with my skin. I bought this three days ago I believe and I tried it on for Thanksgiving day. I used a foundation brush to dab a little on (straight, no moisturizer mixed in.) and blended. Added some finishing powder and was done. My boyfriend LOVES it! He hates when I wear make up that looks too heavy or thick. It evens out my skin but has such a nice natural finish that could go with any look or be transformed into any look! I ADORE it! I would definitely buy it again!

ALSO, did try to use it as a primer for my eye makeup. DID not work at all! So that is a downside to this. It would work to cover my eyes but I would need a primer added on. But it is only a base. :D