November 23, 2014 | 1949 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - LUSH - Colour Supplement

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've only been using this foundation for a little while but I am absolutely in LOVE with it. I was looking for a foundation that was not tested on animals, not sold in China (again, for the animal testing purposes), natural, good quality, matches my skintone (a huge problem as a super pale natural redhead), and didn't cause any irritation on my very sensitive skin. That's a large order to fill, but I think I've found it! LUSH is a company with a lot of integrity, so I feel comfortable using their products, but I was reluctant since the fragrances in their products have caused irritation in the past. I had no trouble with this foundation. My husband said that I smelled like a horse (like hay not manure), and that it was a sweet smell that he actually kind of liked. I didn't feel to strongly one way or the other on it, but I can see how people might have some issues with it. Luckily that was not me because Jackie Oates is a great color for me. I'm hard to match since I'm very pale but I'm blue undertoned instead of pink. This had a very golden base to it that covered up the redness on my chin (the only place I have a lot of redness) but blended with my skin and neck flawlessly. It stood up to the Hawaii weather very well (about 10 hours which is a LONG time here) and looked totally natural. Foundations tend to separate on me, this did not. It gave me a very glowy look, but I didn't look shiny. I haven't have any dry patches since I've been using it (even though I'm dryer skinned), so I'm still waiting to see if it highlights those, since that was a complaint. But even if it does, it'll just encourage me to make sure that I don't slack off on my skincare routine. The price is definitely an added bonus, despite the fact that with all the issues with foundations I'd be willing to pay a lot more. The issue with the expiration date is not a concern to me since I'm used to using products with expirations. It's a whole year, and I'm sure I can use it up in that time even though I only use a small amount. I'm so thrilled that LUSH decided to branch into the makeup arena. I can't wait to try a few more products. A great foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by JennyBean13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in Jackie Oates, it's such a light shade that's perfect for my very pale skin.
This is a brilliant daily multi - purpose product. You can apply it with your fingers for a light coverage, apply with a foundation brush for a little heavier coverage, or use as a concealer. The jar may look small but it lasts quite a while as you really don't need to use much daily. I got mine in may and I'm only about a quarter through.
I find that I can almost always go without moisturiser underneath, but if you have dry skin you will need to moisturise. Primer is up to you, I usually only use it if I'm applying the supplement with a foundation brush.

Pros:
1. Multi - purpose.
2. Buildable coverage
3. Affordable
4. Good for your skin
5. Fresh feel.
6. Cruelty free (a nice plus)

Cons:
1. Needs to be used within about 12 months (natural ingredients)
2. Smells a bit weird.
3. Best for combination skin (oily skin will look too shiny, dry patches may be highlighted after a while)
4. Light coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by moorkitty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My daughter introduced me to this product. She purchase Jackie Oats as she is pale porcelain, but the light yellow works for me. I am cool-toned with a hint of pink and this shade alleviates the redness. It is well-pigmented so I just use a touch combined with either moisturizer or my Elta 45 physical sunblock (also tinted). My DD finds the oats in Jackie O calming to her skin. I love the fact that this is packaged in glass and the size is perfect for travelling. In fact, I keep the little jars and reuse them as travel jars for my other products. After foraying into Chanel and LaMer foundations, I am overjoyed to find this calibre at this pricepoint. Satisfied!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Aguerra92

Over all i Like this Foundation, the Only Problem that Ihave whit it is that i havent found the right moisturizer to mix it whit. Color wise there are Only 5 selections, they are formulated to Match your skin tone which it does, But mixed whit my moisturizer it just clogges my pores and has made me break out. Still not Giving up on it still trying to look for the Right Moisturizer to mix it whit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

(I have this in Jackie Oates, the lightest shade available).
This is a really good creamy concealer/tinted moisturizer for sensitive skin. I pretty much just use it on my cheeks where it is dry and has a lot of redness. This is sheer but it is layerable to get more coverage. It covers redness pretty well if you use about 2 layers. Once you start adding more than that it can look a bit cakey. The jar is 'cute' but not really sanitary.. either way I just use a clean brush to dip into it each time I use it. This probably wouldn't work well for people with oily skin.. I tried it on my chin once and it kind of just melted off.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by rubybluecat1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using Lush's colour supplements pretty much since they came out. My skin is quite light, with both pink and yellow undertones, and I was initially using the light yellow colour. I switched to Jackie Oates when it came out, and am now on my second container of Jackie O (3rd container overall). Don't let the fact that it's for porcelain skin put you off; if your skin is on the lighter side, and tends to be sensitive it's probably worth a go.
I love the fact that it's quite sheer, but still buildable. On lazy days I just swipe some on my undereye circles, and don't need to worry about blending too much, cause I never get an obvious "makeup" line.
That said, my skin is on the sensitive side, and is prone to redness. I can easily build more coverage on these days, and Jackie O. actually helps calm my skin down too. Depending on the season (or my skin's mood) I'll add a drop or two of pure argan oil for some moisture, or just use it as is.
All in all I would definitely recommend trying them, especially if you find most foundations too heavy. I used to use Dior Skinlight, and it's somewhat comparable in coverage, but way cheaper!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by wildchild1018

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Terrible.
at first I loved it, Jackie oats matched my skin tone perfectly, then I started getting pimples everywhere. I thought it was my moisturizer that was making my face break out. No, so after changing my moisturizer and using about a pack of paper blotters a day, I finally came to the conclusion that I was dreading it was actually this product that was breaking me out and making my face an oil slick after two hours of wear.
I did love the coverage but for my combination/oily/acne prone skin it wasn't a good match. Would work well for those with dry skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by hbeeteevee

I have this in Jackie Oats. This stuff is a god-send for those without oily skin looking for a dewy glow. I use this with NARS Copacabana illuminator underneath and it is the prettiest, freshest, skin. I'd definitely recommend powdering it, can sit on the skin and feel slightly wet throughout the day, doesn't set matte. However, it is great as a base for a light foundation. Get this if you don't need so much coverage but want gorgeous looking skin. Beautiful!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by abrannan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lush's colour supplement is the bomb. I use the light pink shade as foundation over a light moisturizer. It's buildable without looking cakey because it's so "fluffy". I do use quite a bit to build the coverage level to medium. It does not clog my pores or make my face look oily -- it looks natural, smooth, and dewy. No breakouts whatsoever from this foundation. I have tried many foundations in my life, and this is really one of the best I've ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Foxy_C

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love it! I have the dark yellow and it fits me to a tee. I'm an NC35-40. It goes on sheer but does even my skin tone out, then during the day it is as if it melts onto your skin making it look completely natural and kinda lasts all day. Then again it's sheer, but I can definitely tell my skin is even all day until I take it off. What I do is the put my moisturizer on then immediately put the Colour Supplement itself on top so it blends with the cream I put on before. I just dab middle fingerpad on the cream so I get just enough and place a dot on each cheek, two small dots on forehead, slide it down my nose and the last dot on my chin (all from the one dab on my finger) then blend it out. Looks awesome! Doesn't have a smell, does not break me out, is more than enough so it will last me a very long time, is natural (although, it does contain parabens which doesn't bother me. It may have a bad rap, but that's all it is...it's actually a fine ingredient) and is very creamy. I will re-purchase!