August 21, 2014 | 1840 users online

Hair Treatments - Burt's Bees - avocado hair treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2007 11:26:00 AM More reviews by cleung77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was growing my hair out so I would be able to donate the minumum of 10 inches to charity. I used this product to keep my hair healthy, shiny, and smooth. I was very pleased with this product, but have a hard time finding it in stores. My only option is purchasing it online. I tried other hair treatments, but they did not prove to work as effectively as this one. LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2007 11:23:00 PM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

my favourite deep conditioner! this works great on my dry colour treated hair. normally I put it in, in the morning, and then tie my hair up for the rest of the day, then wash it out at night. it works really well, and despite the frequent colouring it has kept my hair very healthy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2007 12:29:00 AM More reviews by soniawonia

I've purchased this twice. A little goes a long way. I use it 30 mins before showering on dry hair, instead of on wet hair like the directions say to. It works very very well. Hair is sooooo soft afterwards and just looks so smooth the rest of the day. Perfect to quickly fix bad hair days. The formula is very very thick, so rub between hands to warm it up then squeeze hair to apply rather that dragging it down the hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2007 12:34:00 PM More reviews by ashtonk7903

This stuff smells alright. It's hard to spread through your hair to even try to use it. Washing it out is another story. I left it in longer than advised trying to get a little more out of it and it did add shine too my hair but that was about it. To get it out of the tube because it is so thick, it might be a good idea to heat it a little, that might help get it through the hair easier. Overall, I don't like to have to work so much for a treatment that doesn't reap much benefit.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2007 12:49:00 AM More reviews by rio514

I don't know why people don't like this product. It doesn't look disgusting (it is a sort of transparent green), it doesn't feel all that goopy, and it's fairly easy to wash off.

I used it for the first time tonight. Since reading the reviews on here kind of scared me, I only used it on the ends of my hair. Yes it's thick, but it just feels like you're sliding butter on your hair, that's all. I rubbed some between my palms, swung my hair to the side, and slid it down the ends and then combed through.

I wouldn't say it's a miracle product but it did make my ends feel softer and less brittle. SInce it's expensive I may or may not buy it again, but I will try it on my whole head first!

I am not one to use pre-shampoo treatments (they take too much effort for me), but don't be scared of this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2007 11:26:00 AM More reviews by RuralAngel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product was too greasy for my hair. I had to wash my hair twice to get it out. I don't think it did anything for my dark brown, medium fine, long, color treated and dry hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2007 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Myfugitive

I like this treatment, but let me warn you...it looks terrible. Looks like (and please pardon me) big hunks of green snot..ok i said it.Once you get past that, it works really good. I do advise heating it in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds, because it's hard to spread on your hair the way it comes out of the tube.
I have actually slept with it on. Also, you will probably want to shampoo twice to get all of this product out.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2007 10:09:00 PM More reviews by bandaidsare

This product did absolutely nothing positive for me.
It made the beautiful wave in my hair into a poof. It made my hair flatter. It just screwed it up for like three days. I guess, don't use this if you don't need it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2007 6:12:00 PM More reviews by bushbabee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm Black, with 3b-c hair that is short and dry. My scalp also tends to be dry. When I use this product, I put it on before I go to bed, and then sleep with a silk or satin scarf on. In the morning, I just rinse and conditioner-wash and my hair and scalp are healthy and happy! I would say I only use this a few times a week, but that's only because I think it's too expensive to use every night. I'm going to try to make a good substitute on my own with glycerine and some other stuff, and see how it works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2007 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Wuzzo

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this product! I have very fine hair and apply this to moist hair half an hour prior to washing. (Make sure you don't use your best towel to wrap your hair in as this stuff is green and gooey.) When you wash, the avocado treatment mixes with your shampoo to create a conditioning shampoo that is rich and creamy. I still use a conditioner afterwards, and my hair is silkier than it's ever been.