April 18, 2014 | 966 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Green Tea Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2013 8:15:00 AM More reviews by jackz7510

Pretty satisfied with this product, I must say. I find it SO hard to find skincare products that actually work for me (my skin is weird ugh) and I kinda just randomly picked this scrub out in the supermarket because the 'green tea' appeal, hoping it won't break me out and it will at least work somehow. And yay, it did! However, this scrub needs to be used with care and it's really not for everyone. My sister who also has quite acne-prone skin didn't like this as it made her skin quite red and raw. I tried using this almost everyday and it made my skin red, raw, dried my skin out and just didn't work. Currently, I don't wash my face daily except with water and I use this scrub twice a week with daily tea tree oil ointment and my skin is decent enough haha. It keeps my skin from being too oily and I feel like I will actually get more breakouts if I stop using it altogether! I'm also currently up to my second tube of this scrub too. I don't highly recommend it for everyone honestly, but I do recommend giving it a try! It's quite cheap anyway so if your skin doesn't like it, I guess you won't lose so much!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Hannahbby2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

One of my must-have skincare products! I have very sensitive skin with a lot of redness/rosacea on my cheeks. Almost every scrub or exfoliating product is too harsh for my skin, including the Clarisonic... even with the delicate brush head.

I decided to pick this up based on a review I saw on Nouveau Cheap.. this is one of her HG face products so I figured I'd try it.

I'm so in love! This makes my skin feel soft, clean, and is not at all harsh or drying. I use this about 2 or 3 times a week and it keeps my skin looking nice and healthy. It claims to reduce redness, and I can definitely say that I've seen a difference in the redness on my cheeks after using this.

The consistency is very smooth, almost gel like. It has very fine micro-particles, yet it lathers like an actual face cleanser. The smell is very fresh, almost fruity, but I can still detect the tea scent in there.

Overall, if you are someone with extremely sensitive skin and struggle to find an exfoliator that is gentle enough, this might be it for you! I highly recommend trying it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 3:17:00 AM More reviews by shengqix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS! the beads are sooo fine and it feels pretty gentle. the smell is so good. and it cleans my skin very well without any harsh chemicals! definitely recommend this for anyone!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by boara94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loved the apricot one so I wanted to try other products from St. Ives and since I love green tea, I picked this up! However, it was a disappointment. I don't like the scent, and my face doesn't feel like it's been scrubbed... I think it's too weak to be called a scrub. And it's kinda difficult to rinse off. I always get little bit of the product left on my face somewhere and I don't like that feeling.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by spacecow17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have seen some improvement in my skin since I have used this facial scrub. I have not been breaking out and my acne scars have been fading. I love how this facial scrub leaves my skin feeling so clean, soft and fresh! I also love that the tiny beads aren't abrasive either! Love it! I recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by danapark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product makes my skin soo soft and so glowy! It just dries my cheeks out a little bit. It smells ok, and it kind of helps pimples. The grainy stuff gets stuck in eyebrows though.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Tinaciouslee

I've always used St. Ives' Apricot scrub and I have to agree, I've seen gentler foot scrubs out there than St. I'ves' old face scrubs. The granules are so big and abrasive, the product was better off used on the feet, not on the face. But the new Green Tea face scrub is AH-MAZING! St. Ives really knocked this one out of the park!

The tiny granules are so densely packed, the product is almost creamy in consistency. I really have to stare at the mirror for a while each time I use it because I get such a glow! II love everything about it, from the texture down to the scent!

I highly recommend this product especially for women who were turned off by St' Ives' old Apricot scrub in the past, they did a great job on this one! I wish St. Ives would reformulate their existing Apricot scrubs similar to this new product. I will repurchase this product again and again, it's my HG scrub now!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by simi531

I have purchased this product numerous times. We have a tube in every shower in our house. My teenage kids use it as do my husband and I. I love this for its exfoliating properties and gentleness to the skin. While I think it helps somewhat with breakouts, I wouldn't rely on this solely to combat moderate Acne. I think it is best used in conjunction with other acne fighting products. I have used this as a mask on my face for a few minutes and then massage in and rinse. Leaves my skin looking fresh and clean and the salicylic acid helps with cell turnover. This is definitely worth a try for anyone who would like a mild exfoliation and acne help. I dont usually repeat buy products but this one is a must!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 3:33:00 AM More reviews by mistressaryann

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this scrub, I didn't have TOO much expectations for this product because the more I expect, the more disappointed I'll get. So I didn't really expect anything tooootally amazingly perfect, but it is a wonderful product. I use a separate product to treat any MAJOR breakouts but this does keep them from coming back. I use this to wash and exfoliate twice a day as it's gentle enough for my skin. The smell, to me, is invigorating because I love green tea just in general (kind of sweet and herb-y lol) The grains of it are very very fine compared to the apricot scrub. It's just really a great simple scrub that leaves my face so clean and fresh and soft without making it feel tight on the skin :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Maryso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this scrub a lot! Only removed one star from the rating because I didn't notice any skin clearing effects, and I have a little trouble washing it all off if I'm not in the shower. It's a scrub but instead of the regular exfoliating beads it's like a millllion tiny scrubbing beads. But yes I like it and would buy again!