April 16, 2014 | 1012 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Trio - Sweet as Candy

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by mommyholly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Finally broke down and bought a Wet 'n Wild pallete after hearing how great they were. This is the one I choose, as I have hazel eyes and love to use pinks and browns to make them pop. My go to trio for years and years was Almay intense eye color for hazel and this is a perfect dupe at a much better price. Great quality. I use a primer so I cant speak for staying power without a primer, but with one, it doesnt budge!! My new HG trio.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 5:56:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this trio of eye shadows as all three are pigmented, with a smooth texture, shimmery finish, and blend very easily. The only draw back is I personally am not a fan of wearing a whole eye look filled with shimmery shades. I have hooded eyes and I find that if I use this trio I will also blend a few matte shades into my crease and outer V to add further dimension, depth, and contouring. For the price these shades are really outstanding in quality and I would love if Wet n' Wild came out with trios of only matte shades to add further versatility to their collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I loved the old WnW shadows but since the new versions came out I've either been obsessed with HE or going for a more minimalistic look. But I started watching tutorials recently and now have tons of lemmings.
I got 3 trios in my first trip and this is the first one I've used.
The colors are nicely pigmented and go well together. I thought the white browbone shade would be too frosty but it sheers out nicely with some blending to make it wearable.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by andreamarie912

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I picked this trio up along with Walking on Eggshells and Knock on Wood. Sweet as Candy has been the only one that I have tried out really. I love the fact that these are so effortless. The colors are so nice!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 9:04:00 AM More reviews by DeliaDelyons

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's so funny... I started checking out MUA because I had an interest in high end/expensive make up, but because of reviews here, I have now purchased more WnW products than I ever did as a teenager, LOL... Thanks MUA!
- Also, I concur with the positive reviews here. This is a great trio for my fair toned cool complexion. A little more shimmery than I usually go for, but i'm liking it. I like the crease color for a lid color on date nights, too. It gave a great tone, and my date thought I wasn't wearing makeup ;-) Perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by aperfectsonnet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After seeing all the hype over these I had to purchase them! I found them at WalMart for $3. I had high expectations for these and they completely met them. They went on silky, had a beautiful glowy finish, beautiful color pay off, and the colors completely complimented my brown eyes. I love this palette, for $3 I can definitely afford more and I'm on the lookout for them! Definitely a must have, and for the dirt cheap price you don't have anything to lose.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 9:52:00 AM More reviews by deborah274

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know why this palette isn't getting as good a review! This is my first WnW e/s that I purchased and used today. I'm a fan of subtle eye makeup when I head to work or school, so this shows up perfectly on my lids giving me a contoured look that's just nice.
This is one of the best drugstore eyeshadows I've ever had! This in comparison to the Japanese brand Majolica Majorca that's supposedly a drugstore favourite in Asia is MUCH MORE WORTH IT. On top of that, the quality is superb. Colours show up, no fallout.
I'm suprised some people mentioned fallout, what you can do is use a powder brush with a bit of loose powder and swipe gently under you eyes or wherever the fallout may be. It's a fuss free way of getting it out without ruining the rest of your makeup.
I must say however, that the highlight/browbone shade is significantly lighter. It's a very good shade, comparable to Benefit's High Beam, for highlighting.
The brown's good as well, it doesn't look muddied on me nor does it eccentuate the slight darkness around my eyes. However, the pink is a tad disappointing, but I never had pinks show up good around my eyes yet.
The packaging is not that excellent and I rated it a 3/5 as my brushes popped out when I tried opening them.
Other than that, I'm really excited to try out more WnW e/s palettes after this good experience!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Tifmcd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great trio. I normally attempt to use the trio as marked but after I finish the crease I feel like it needs something and always end up swipping on satin taupe.

Colors are great. Awesome price. Great everyday kinda trio.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by ericamarie3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was really excited to take this pallet home and try them out. The colors are beautiful in the pan. Unfortunately, this product didnt do much for me. These colors are extremely pigmented, but they do not apply very easily for me. The brow bone colors is extremely too light for my skin tone, and the brown does not even show up on my skin. I would not purchase this product again, sorry to say. :o(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by jasminese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautifully pigemented eyeshadows! I love the crease color, I use it everyday. I usually wear all three together, which gives me nice everyday pink eyelook, which I love! These shadows are shimmery, so if you only like matte or another finish, pass on these!