September 24, 2014 | 1465 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Trio - Sweet as Candy

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Lovelyluisa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Its so weird because everyone seems to love this, but I've had mine for some time and just don't think that it has any pigmentation at all. I would say that the browbone color is the one that has more color pigmentation. The crease color is a sheer brown that could barely be used on the lid??? Maybe it is because I am of a tan complexion. The colors look very pretty but just didn't work for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

This trio and the Walking on Eggshells trio are almost identical to each other. Both contain a lovely trio of colors that be used for providing a nice natural day look or a neutral smoky eye for night as well. I really love the wearability of the shadow a whole as well. They last all day without any touchups (which is very rare when it comes to drugstore eyeshadows).

Wet n Wild eyeshadows really have a come long. I have come to love them. And, I certainly do plan to continue buying more of them to come!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by CyanideLOVE

Love love love these! I'm normally a HE snob when it comes to makeup, especially eyeshadows and lipsticks (but that's for another time). I never liked DS eyeshadows because they were pure crap. Not very pigmented, terrible lasting power and tacky colours I would never wear. I heard all the buzz about these being better than MAC eyeshadows and possibly JUST as a good as an Urban Decay one. The colours in this trio was beautiful and they work so well together! Reminds me of my childhood from when I would eat neapolitan icecream. These eyeshadows are pigmented, buttery smooth, and so worth it! I can see that WnW has really stepped up their game the last time I bought their makeup (which was a while ago). This trio is great for everyday (I wear to work and to school), but my hugest gripe about this palette is that the pink isn't as pigmented as the brown crease colour so then I'd have to pack on more colour. Oh well, it was only three dollars anyways, but I really think the quality is really good!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 2:43:00 AM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

I went into the store solely to buy the WnW trio in walking on eggshells. Out of the old palettes, the WnW Egyptian Sands was on of my favorites, and it is probably the only e/s I have completely used up in YEARS - being the product junkie that I am... and Walking on Eggshells is supposed to be nearly the same thing. Well, this one caught my eye instead, and I thought the pink would be something fun and different, as I usually stick to straight up nude/neutral shades.

I had high expectations to begin with. I personally think WnW has some of the best quality eye shadows out there overall. The fact that they are cheap are just another perk - but honestly, I would buy them regardless. & this trio did not dissapoint.

I found it to be very smooth and easy to work with, however they are so soft that you have to be careful with storage because they crack so easily, and they can really be dusty and leave a lot of fall out. They are also pretty pigmented. The pink is sort of sheer, but I like that, since I am not comfortable wearing bright colors on a daily basis (for work and such). The crease color, on the other hand, is really pigmented. Shockingly so. Sometimes I forget and it goes on really dark - way darker then I would expect. However, its not really too much of an issue because it blends really easily and nicely. The highlight shade is perfect.

The only thing I can find to complain about, really, is that it is very shimmery and it really needs a matte shadow to tone it down a bit. If this came in a quad with a matte such as brulee, then it would be PERFECT.

I pretty much wear it as directed: I pack the pink onto the lid, blend the grease color into the crease and with a small brush concentrate the highlight shade just under the brow bone and in the inner corner. Lastly, I take a big fluffy brush and use a matte highlight shade (such as brulee) and I use it to blend in between the crease shade & the highlight shade so it looks polished, blended and not overly shimmer. I wear this a lot for school/work because I feel like the shimmer can really brighten up my often tired eyes without being too frosty or over the top.

I would repurchase when I use it all up, which I do foresee it happening since this has been my go to recently. I will also go back and pick up some of the other shades. These do not disappointing, but I do think all of them need more verity in the finish rather then them all being frosty or shimmery.

Oh, and packing is pretty lackluster, but I dont really care, it's only $2.99, I just wished the packaging would protect the soft shadows better, a lot of times I have had to pass on buying because most of them were already broken in the store...

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by mkhenricks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The color icon trios are fantastic products! The Sweet As Candy palette is an everyday, wearable color story and it's one I would probably love to travel with. The colors are interchangeable and can create a multiple of looks. The shadows are highly pigmented and smooth. No chalky messes here! Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by nushagol

I like it , nice colors very good pigmentation and wonderful price

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by mommyholly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Finally broke down and bought a Wet 'n Wild pallete after hearing how great they were. This is the one I choose, as I have hazel eyes and love to use pinks and browns to make them pop. My go to trio for years and years was Almay intense eye color for hazel and this is a perfect dupe at a much better price. Great quality. I use a primer so I cant speak for staying power without a primer, but with one, it doesnt budge!! My new HG trio.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 5:56:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this trio of eye shadows as all three are pigmented, with a smooth texture, shimmery finish, and blend very easily. The only draw back is I personally am not a fan of wearing a whole eye look filled with shimmery shades. I have hooded eyes and I find that if I use this trio I will also blend a few matte shades into my crease and outer V to add further dimension, depth, and contouring. For the price these shades are really outstanding in quality and I would love if Wet n' Wild came out with trios of only matte shades to add further versatility to their collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I loved the old WnW shadows but since the new versions came out I've either been obsessed with HE or going for a more minimalistic look. But I started watching tutorials recently and now have tons of lemmings.
I got 3 trios in my first trip and this is the first one I've used.
The colors are nicely pigmented and go well together. I thought the white browbone shade would be too frosty but it sheers out nicely with some blending to make it wearable.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by andreamarie912

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I picked this trio up along with Walking on Eggshells and Knock on Wood. Sweet as Candy has been the only one that I have tried out really. I love the fact that these are so effortless. The colors are so nice!