December 22, 2014 | 1014 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Goody - Spin Pin

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2012 2:16:00 AM More reviews by xcaramelissa

I couldn't believe the amount of people who would buy this again! Ok, so this will work if you have the right hair type/texture/length. But unfortunately on me, it does not work. I have long, layered, silky, normal to thick hair and this doesn't keep my hair up. If I use these spin pins, this is what I do: put hair up in a ponytail with an elastic, twist hair into bun, insert spin pins, grab 4 bobby pins and secure bun. After doing this, then MAYBE it will stay up all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 6:52:00 AM More reviews by 1Agatka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

With this stuff it takes you less than a minute to make an up do and it will not only be a very comfortable one but also last the whole day (even in the gym!).
You can do everything from a very simple quick up-do, french twist, messy bun to the most complicated creations that you might think would never stay in your hair. Spin Pins stay, they won't budge until you want to spin them out. Easy and pain-free. Genius!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 6:11:00 AM More reviews by FrejaValentin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't actually have the Goody brand spin pins, mine are just plain black from an unknown brand and costs 20 Danish kr (about $3,50) for a pair.
I have fine wavy hair, but tons of it, and I've never been able to do my hair with any kind of bobby pins - I've tried in every which way, but they bounce right out of my hair within 15 minutes. Enter the spin pins.

I now put my hair in top buns, braided buns, messy buns and everything in between every week, and I love it! I've also created a cult around this at my study, every girl who has seen me put my hair up with these went home and bought them, after the initial "What on earth is that??", haha!
I will never be without these, my HG of hair products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by peoplerpeople

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product singlehandedly (1) elevated my relationship with my ailing mother-in-law, who could continue to work her French twist even after surgery left her weak; (2) made my dad-in-law very proud to know he could help with her hair ("why haven't these been invented before now?"); and (3) made my sis-in-law burn silently in a corner, I guess because I dared introduce a product about which she knew nothing (because, you see, she knows EVERYTHING about anything worth knowing) and for which her mother was very grateful indeed. Oh, and I keep plenty around for twists and buns in my own hair as well. I have no complaints. Lovely invention.

[Update-of-sorts (4/2012): Wow. What's up with all the thumb-feedback? It doesn't matter one way or the other, but I don't get it (shrug). The pins remain extremely easy to use, particularly for one seeking and/or less knowledgeable about working a French twist without a lot of bobby pins. Frankly, I use them most often to fix my hair up and away from my neck while I sleep. Mom's hair is mostly collar-length and coarse; mine is shoulder-length (right now), 2b/3a, fine, and slightly prone to breakage.]

32 out of 44 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 4:41:00 AM More reviews by keanash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I adore these dang things. I have fine, wavy, thin, and layered hair. These hold it very well at many stages of length. They're great for holding a secure bun while I'm at work, but they also work well for sweet, messy styles -- like a wavy & loose romantic low chignon. I've found so many uses for these and they've worn well for me. I found them easy to learn to use. One of my favourite things. I wear them all the time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 4:13:00 AM More reviews by hpunkinway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What a great way to get your hair up easily. I've been growing out a short haircut, and haven't had my hair cut in nearly a year now (wow how time flies). These are great for in-between cuts, or if you're a long-haired girl, just creating a quick and elegant hairstyle. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by VoR

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've never been very good at putting up my own hair and have always envied those girls who could seemingly roll a neat chignon whilst simultaneously dressing (perfectly) for a day at the office. Well, these might not turn me into *that* woman (if only!) but they are quick, easy to use and they work really well on my long, fine (but plentiful) hair, allowing me to create the neat or messy bun I desire. I tend to need to use 3 pins (so I had to buy 2 packs) but that might just be because I'm a bit inept.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Meau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

These are really nice for short term use, but my hair is pin-straight and very silky so it doesn't hold for more than a couple hours. My hair is also pretty thin, so sometimes the end of the pins poke through the opposite side of the bun. Other than that, I find them easy to use and the make a quick pretty bun. I usually use them when I'm studying, so the elastic doesn't pull on my head and give me a headache, but I don't have to worry about moving too much and it falling out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by gpgroupie1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I rarely ever give 5 lippies, but I'm kind of in love with these pins.

I have waist length hair that is very thick. I am a dancer, I've known how to pin buns since my first ballet class. The very secure buns I pin can sometimes hurt, but that is the price I pay for having such long and thick hair. These pins hold very well, all I need to do to create ouch-less, dance-proof buns with these, is supplement them with 2 large bobby pins. If you know how thick and course my hair is, you'd realize that this is quite remarkable!

I also work in food services, and I prefer to have my hair pulled up. I'm generally too lazy to "do" my hair in the morning, but with these pins, I can have a great up-do and am out the door in 5 minutes!

In addition to the excellent performance, I've been watching some youtube videos on up-dos. Styles that I'd never be able to create with my long hair, but with these pins, I have everybody telling me how awesome my hairstyles look.

On another note, I understand how some people have a hard time working with these pins. But with all due respect, I suspect that the reason is not the pins, but the lack of experience styling hair. I strongly recommend practicing more. I love these pins!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

These slip and fall right out of my hair. I have thick but baby fine hair. It's prone to frizz so I get the Brazilian Blowout done every four months or so. I have tried to use these MANY times with zero success. I have followed the directions to the letter so the problem is not operator error.

These were a total waste of money.