April 19, 2014 | 1064 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Goody - Spin Pin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 4:41:00 AM More reviews by keanash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I adore these dang things. I have fine, wavy, thin, and layered hair. These hold it very well at many stages of length. They're great for holding a secure bun while I'm at work, but they also work well for sweet, messy styles -- like a wavy & loose romantic low chignon. I've found so many uses for these and they've worn well for me. I found them easy to learn to use. One of my favourite things. I wear them all the time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 4:13:00 AM More reviews by hpunkinway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What a great way to get your hair up easily. I've been growing out a short haircut, and haven't had my hair cut in nearly a year now (wow how time flies). These are great for in-between cuts, or if you're a long-haired girl, just creating a quick and elegant hairstyle. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by VoR

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've never been very good at putting up my own hair and have always envied those girls who could seemingly roll a neat chignon whilst simultaneously dressing (perfectly) for a day at the office. Well, these might not turn me into *that* woman (if only!) but they are quick, easy to use and they work really well on my long, fine (but plentiful) hair, allowing me to create the neat or messy bun I desire. I tend to need to use 3 pins (so I had to buy 2 packs) but that might just be because I'm a bit inept.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Meau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

These are really nice for short term use, but my hair is pin-straight and very silky so it doesn't hold for more than a couple hours. My hair is also pretty thin, so sometimes the end of the pins poke through the opposite side of the bun. Other than that, I find them easy to use and the make a quick pretty bun. I usually use them when I'm studying, so the elastic doesn't pull on my head and give me a headache, but I don't have to worry about moving too much and it falling out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by gpgroupie1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I rarely ever give 5 lippies, but I'm kind of in love with these pins.

I have waist length hair that is very thick. I am a dancer, I've known how to pin buns since my first ballet class. The very secure buns I pin can sometimes hurt, but that is the price I pay for having such long and thick hair. These pins hold very well, all I need to do to create ouch-less, dance-proof buns with these, is supplement them with 2 large bobby pins. If you know how thick and course my hair is, you'd realize that this is quite remarkable!

I also work in food services, and I prefer to have my hair pulled up. I'm generally too lazy to "do" my hair in the morning, but with these pins, I can have a great up-do and am out the door in 5 minutes!

In addition to the excellent performance, I've been watching some youtube videos on up-dos. Styles that I'd never be able to create with my long hair, but with these pins, I have everybody telling me how awesome my hairstyles look.

On another note, I understand how some people have a hard time working with these pins. But with all due respect, I suspect that the reason is not the pins, but the lack of experience styling hair. I strongly recommend practicing more. I love these pins!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

These slip and fall right out of my hair. I have thick but baby fine hair. It's prone to frizz so I get the Brazilian Blowout done every four months or so. I have tried to use these MANY times with zero success. I have followed the directions to the letter so the problem is not operator error.

These were a total waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by FleursFace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hate. Just hate. I've tried this so many times. I've done it according to the instructions on the back, ive tried it the way some youtubers do it, ive tried different ways on my own, but NOTHING works. it NEVER holds my hair. i'll put it in then when i let go it'll just all fall down. My hair is naturally straight and thick medium length.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by uponbluemoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Chic buns have always defied me. In the past, I've tried to secure a simple side bun with about 50 bobby pins, they fell out within minutes. When I had to put up my hair for ballroom dance, it was a disaster. I had so many bobby pins on my head to rival a porcupine.

By chance, I learned about the Goody Spin Pins from Jean on extrapetite.com. When I saw that she had a perfectly messy bun within 2 minutes, I was amazed!

Since I have really thin hair, I decided to go with the 3 mini first. They worked well and held my bun, but I think my hair is just a tad bit too long for them. So I picked up the regular long pins and wow, I finally mastered the side bun. I can't believe how quick and simple it is now to make a chic bun. The best part is that two pins hold up the bun for an entire day! I gave the 3 mini pins to my mom since she has shorter hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2012 2:15:00 AM More reviews by jericafrani

I bought Goody Spin Pins because i heard great reviews from different people. So, i tried it out. I rushed home and followed the instructions. I made a bun and inserted the 2 spin pins. And i thought it will hold my hair but then, IT FELL. I tried again several times. It DIDN'T WORK. So, i searched and experimented. And found out that there are certain things you should do in order for it to work properly.
1.) You must make a PERFECT TWISTED BUN. Learn to make a perfect bun first before doing anything else.
2.) Insert the first spin pin at the end of the bun. Insert the other one at any point where you feel some spiky hair.
3.) When you twist the Spin Pins, be sure that your scalp will feel them.
4.) Continue practicing and never do this when you're frustrated. You'll just end up the wrong way.
I have been wearing the Spin Pins almost everyday now.
Hope this helps!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by ExpatBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

* My hair - Long (past the shoulder), thick and naturally wavy.
* Experience - When I first attempted to form a simple single chignon, it did not work. I either have too much hair or my hair is just way too thick for the spin pins to hold my hair properly. I then purchased another package (set of two pins) to try to see if four (4) spin pins would work and indeed, with four (4), my hair seems to hold up well. I like the fact that nothing is visible as the spin pins are pretty well hidden from view and they're fairly comfortable to wear.
* Tips - I like to form two (2) mini chignons and use two (2) spin pins for each.
* Bottom line - If you have very long, thick or wavy hair, using two (2) spin pins alone will probably not work. I would suggest getting more spin pins if you're intent on using them with long, thick or wavy hair.