December 18, 2014 | 1392 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by morgs126

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT!
I've been using this eye primer for almost a year now and don't understand how I lived without it previously. My oily eye lids no longer suffer with eyeshadow creases or eyeshadow just melting away and disappearing from my face. The beauty of this product is that once it's on underneath your eyeshadow, not even sweat will budge your eyeshadow, it's literally that good of a product.

You don't need much of the product, just a tiny dab on each eyelid, then give it a rub in and you're good to go. This means the product will last you a while as well!

I can't fault the product, however I can question the packaging. I love the design of NARS packaging, but with this product I can see people having issues with not being able to see how much product is left, and questioning if the doe foot applicator is the most hygienic design.

Price wise I'm a bit iffy on. I'm Australian, so instead of paying $25 for this product, I forked out $39 at Mecca Maxima. If I lived in the US
I wouldn't be iffy on the price at all as $25 seems completely reasonable for a high end product!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 3:59:00 AM More reviews by prowl2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I was torn between giving this primer a 3.5 or 4 lippies. The first thing I don't like about it is the container because there is no way for me to know when it will be running out. The second drawback is it leaves a white cast on the lid if you don't glide it carefully enough on your lid. Some would think it is not a problem because you will cover it up with shadows anyway. But it still can leave a white trace, a gloppy one at that, if you don't pay attention or if you have creases on your lids.

Updates: after using it for a month and getting used to its thick and gloppy white consistency, I found that it works better than UDPP in 2 respects: it is easier to blend the shadows and the shadows last longer (with no smudge as it clams) than the UDPP. I guess I will have to stick with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by emanij99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this primer. I've used this primer with cheap eye shadow and it prevents it from creasing! Worth every penny.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by xpudding

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence about this primer. This is going to sound bizarre, but I have really oily eyelids but also get really bad eczema on my eyelids. This primer feels silky on application and settles into this lovely powdery texture. It helps my shadow last without creasing for most of the day, but I do find that if I'm going from day to night, eye shadow creases in the evening without a reapplication. Unfortunately, if I use this on a regular basis (rather than only on special occasions, which is what I've started doing) it exacerbates my eczema.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by emvie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of those products that is a life changer. I have oily eyelids and it doesn't take long when I wear eyeshadow for there to be a crease. Every time I use this, my eyeshadow stays intact until I take it off! It's amazing! Even if I accidentally rub my eye, my eyeshadow stays on. Fantastic product :) The only, very very slight downside, is that it's a little more difficult to blend eyeshadows when applying. And I question the sanitary aspect of it being a a lipgloss-like container.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by ElectricBlack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after seeing Lisa Eldridge use it a lot on her videos and she swears by it. I however wanted a different use for it. I currently am using a combination of MAC Studio Finish Concealer (Shades 35+42) and Giorgio Armani Color Corrector (Orange)...to conceal my dark circles and naso labial folds. These two are not holy grail material but I have been using these two combination for years and have gone through many concealers and I stick by them for now. Anyway, the problem I have is I usually end up with concealers fading close to my tear ducts and also slight creasing in some areas that I end up lookin like I have more makeup than I actually wear and have a dark ring on my lash lines. I love my makeup looking natural fresh and the whole no makeup makeup look. So I resorted to using NARS primer in hopes that itd reduce the fading and creasing... after all if it can do that to a very mobile eye lid why not the less mobile under eye area. Long story short... it did absolutely nothing for creasing and fading. The packaging is lip gloss like and it can be a bit unhygienic Id much prefer it a squeeze tube where I dont end up digging for products when its still pretty brand new. There doesnt seem to be much inside a tube of it. Its a bit pricey for what I use it for. I yet have to ask my sister to try it for its intended purpose of eye shadows but for now... Im not too keem in repurchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by KLynn88

I'm sold on this stuff. I used a teeny bit, with some cheap eyeshadow from ELF to really test it out, and it went on so nicely. It brought out the pigment so well, that even my husband noticed how purple my eyeshadow was. You know it works when even a guy can spot the difference.

It's pricey. No doubt about that. But you can go cheaper on eye shadows because the primer gives them more pigment and staying power (ie: Wet n Wild, ELF, NYX all make excellent low-end eye shadows). It all evens out (or even saves you money!) in the end. So you can save the MAC and NARS shadows for special occasions ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by bmclaugh

I recently purchased the Nars eye primer. I have combination skin but no eye shadow will stay on my eyelid for more than 5 hours; I love this product! I was not expecting much but was pleasantly surprised, I will say after 12 hours it barely creases but I dabbed a small amount of eye shadow over it and looked brand new!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by saarahkb4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am one of the odd ones out who didn't like this primer for my oily, hooded lids, which is why I'm writing this review. I will start with the things I liked about the primer. I like that the primer was a gel, it felt soothing when first applied and I could see this being a better alternative to those how have very dry or mature eyelids. It would be a lot better than say UDPP, which is so thick and tacky. The wand keeps your hands relatively clean and you don't have to worry about an excess of product. Also in a pinch you can use it as a lipstick primer (a little drying though). Also, it does keep my shadow on all day until I take it off.

Now on to what I do not care for. I do not like that the primer needs longer to set than any other primer I have tried. While my eyeshadow doesn't smudge it looks bland, neutralized, and it makes it damn near impossible to blend. I find my eyeshadow just doesn't look as nice as it does with my paint pots or trusty TFSI. Also the wand is nice in theory but I have a lot of real estate on my lids and there is never enough product to do both my lids. Lastly for the pice the tube seems so small! I know a little goes a long way but it just doesn't seem (to me) to be a very good deal.

No I wouldn't repurchase. I'm glad it works so well for everybody else, but I will stick with what works. (Stick, get it, because it's primer? Ehhhhh ;) )

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by jessica2015

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have VERY oily eyelids. And I have tried different primers, and each one I tried , within 4-6 hours, my eye shadow creased.But once I tried this one, my eyelids do not get greasy, or crease. It DOES NOT CREASE for 12 hours I kid you not. So if you have really oily eyelids, buy this! It is absolutely worth every penny!

**I also put this on my under eye, and it keeps my concealer right where I put it.**