MAC Sheertone Blush in Blushbaby

4.5

on 6/10/2012 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was advised by a MAC makeup artist to try this color. I was skeptical, as it appeared too peachy for my red undertone/ruddy skin tone. It is just the right color to balance fair skin with red undertones. It goes with every lip and eye color I use. I tend to keep my makeup natural. LOVE THIS!!!

on 4/18/2012 12:43:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Blushbaby is my go-to blush that I use literally every day, as it's subtle and very flattering. It's a pinkish-beige shade that would flatter light to medium skin tones. I've tried different blushes, in search of "the one," and let me tell you, the search wasn't easy, mostly because I was clueless as to which shade would best flatter my skin tone (NC30). Most of what I've tried before was either too reddish, peachy or pink- nothing looked quite right. I wanted something natural and flattering that I could wear for all occasions. Enter Blushbaby. I searched MUA, and after an extensive google search, thought I'd give Blushbaby a try- SO glad I did! It felt like a "wow" moment the minute I saw how it looked on me; it was exactly what I was looking for...the middle ground between pink and beige- something muted, but not so beige it doesn't look like blush. I love that it's a sheertone blush, since it's buildable and so easy to apply. It's actually hard to over-apply, since it's very natural looking and not at all too bright or pigmented. This shade also pairs nicely with any makeup look, since it isn't over-the-top. It's a staple in my makeup bag.

on 4/11/2012 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I love these "sheer tone" powder blush's from MAC. They are more forgiving with placement and amount used: It's hard to over do them. This particular color "Blushbaby" is very universal for most skin colors exept the very darkest of skintones. It's totally neutral so when in doubt reach for this shade as it duplicates how skin naturally flushes w/color. The formula allows easy pick-up w/blush brush and ease of deposit: I like it started on the apples of the cheek and swept across the cheekbone. Whatever is leftover on the brush sweep across bridge of nose, temples and chin/jawline. This gives a natural flush/glow to these areas making the skin look young and healthy. This is also a very easily "buildable" color/formula. Start off subtle and add more where it might seem the need for more deposit. I don't know which is better: the sheer formula or the color itself. I think the combination of both makes it so sought after/formidable. Highly Recommended!!!

on 3/7/2012 6:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love this blush, Blush baby is a sheertone so it gives you the option of wearing it very sheer or building it up rather than going on heavy and having to blend it out a tonne. I love MAC's sheertone blushes. This one in particular is great for a 'natural' flush of colour, nothing dramatic and I think unlike a lot of blushes this one WILL work well from very fair skin to medium-tan skin tones depending on how much you build it up (I am between nc25 and nc30) this is the perfect effortless blush and very much an everyday, wearable colour. plus it is matte too so if you want something subtle with no shimmer grab this one! LOVE IT!

on 3/5/2012 10:26:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Kinky, Medium

This looks more like a pale peachy brown on my skin rather than pinkish brown but I still like it, it's very natural and since I was very tired of my usual pink blush this is perfect. The pigmentation is good and it shows up nicely on my NC20 skin !

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This blush looks very different when applied from what its look in the pan suggests. "Blushbaby" was purchased when I discovered that MAC's "Peaches" was a tad too orangey on my very pale skin. Although Blushbaby looks more like a mixture of beige and rose in the packaging, it's a perfect flush of peach on the skin, almost like the colour when I blush naturally. Simply perfect! Handling is easy because of its sheertone finish, you can build it up the way you want it. I'd definitely repurchase this baby.

on 3/2/2012 5:36:00 PM

Colourwise, this is a bit more pink than the picture above would suggest. As it is a sheertone it's difficult to over-do, but still has a decent colour pay-off on my skintone (NC15/BB porcelain).
A versatile neutral blush - would definitely buy again.

on 1/17/2012 1:02:00 PM

I purchased this for the first time yesterday and tried it on this morning and WOW, it was instant love! This is such a nice color that brings a whole new, warm life to my face. I've had it on for about 11 hours now and it still looks great. I can even say that this is the best match that I've found, ever. And I own highly rated blushes like NARS Orgasm. I am a NC15-NC20.

on 1/12/2012 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a decent replacement for MAC's all-time great blush Strada that was inexplicably discontinued, but ---- it's not quite the same. A good browny-pink shade for fair skin, but a bit too pinky for me. Still hoping Strada will come back ...

on 1/12/2012 3:29:00 AM

I reached this blush today after being in my old drawer for so long.. I didnt remember how much i like this color, im back to my first mac love and still love it so much. Is a pink nude, very blendable and light that gives my skin a really healthy glow.
Love the color again, I missed you blushbaby!

Top Rated MAC Products