October 21, 2014 | 2040 users online

Lip Treatments - LUSH - Mint Julips Lip Scrub

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Sarah1325

This is a good lip scrub although I don't like mint. My son however likes to EAT this one. Which is no problem since its edible. And as a lip scrub these work great.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Emancipatedpunk

I wish I could full-on eat this product. Which is not that crazy of a wish since LUSH made it to be licked off after use. It tastes just as good as it smells and my lips have never felt nicer. I always condition my lips after each use but this is my first winter without chapped lips. And this baby is half the reason for that. Not quite a holy grail item but I will definitely be buying this again once I use it up.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this product and I do like it but the few bad points it has have made me not want to repurchase.

I like the idea of using a lip scrub as my lips are always chapped regardless of how much lip conditioner I use and using a toothbrush to exfoliate my lips has never quite done the job. £5.25 was a little steep for what it actually is and the fact you could easily make it at home, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

The 3 varieties they did when I went to LUSH was Mint Julips, Popcorn and Bubblegum. I didn't really like any of the scents as they were so overpowering but Mint Julips was the most bareable so I decided to go for that one. The SA also told me that it was ok to eat the lip scrub off of your lips as it is vegan (Caster Sugar, Organic Jojoba Oil, Vanilla Extract, Tagetes Oil, Peppermint Oil, Limonene). So armed with that info, I thought this would be a great on-the-go product.

That being the case, this product would probably work well for most people. Sadly, I tried eating the lip scrub off and I hated every second of it. I applied the lip scrub, scrubbed it around with my fingers and then as I ate it, it was like eating crunchy, minty choc... crud?? I don't know why I couldn't stand it, but it was just eurgh.

Now, I use it before bed and wash it off but I still cringe when the taste gets in my mouth.
It does work well, it could easily be made at home and I would repurchase if I could use it without getting any whatsoever in my mouth, maybe if it wasn't so strongly flavoured I could get used to it?

Saying that, it has made an improvement to my lips. They are noticeably less flakey and I think the oil in the product has nourished my lips quite well, so at least it has made a positive impact.

The container isn't ideal for the product. It's in a screwtop jar that needs to be a little bigger as it is full to the brim with product so you get gritty, sticky lip scrub everywhere when you dab your finger in it.

I wanted to like this product and if they do an unflavoured version, I'll undoubtedly buy it. Until then, I'll use up this lip scrub and then try to make my own at home.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

It works well and it smells and tastes awesome. It leaves my lips super smooth.
However I wouldn't buy this again simply because I could make a sugar lip scrub myself with the sugar and olive oil I have in the kitchen and get the same result.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Marivale

Adoro este scrub de labios! Como es el primero que tengo, no tengo contra qué comparar, pero sí puedo decir que el aroma y el sabor de Mint Julips es delicioso! Que sea comestible me hace sentir segura sobre sus ingredientes. Creo que la funciòn de scrub es delicada y acorde a la zona de los labios.
No compraría de nuevo porque me gustaría probar otros exfoliantes, pero nada más.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by louisahm26

I love the scent/flavour of this and how smooth it makes my lips feel, it's great for getting rid of flakes on my lips in the summer and winter. It's not the cheapest lip scrub ever but it lasts a long time so it's worth it to me. I know you can easily make your own sugar lip scrub but it's nice to always have a ready-made and nice-smelling one to hand!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by SweetManiac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In my opinion it's effective if you want to remove dead skin from your lips. And it tastes fantastic! But sadly the oil doesn't stay long on your lips, especially because you automatically want to eat that sugar from your lips ^^''' Even if you try to remove the sugar gently with your fingers, you always also remove some of the oil. So I think if you want really soft lips who stay soft for a longer time, you should better use a regular lip balm. But if you need some peeling for your lips you can use this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by underage

I'm obsessed with this Lip Scrub! I tried to hold off on buying by using my own sugar and olive oil but it doesn't come close. I finally gave in and spent $9 on this scrub but I don't regret it at all. It works great to remove flakiness on lips and leaves them moisturized after. It smells really good but I could go without the chocolate. Just mint would be better to me. You can lick it off afterwards but I think that's a little gross (You're eating your dry skin flakes!). I'm going to repurchase this when I run out and I'm thinking about getting it for family members for Christmas! Lush has been winning recently in my book!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by MissMakeupAddict14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this lip scrub so much! I've always had a problem with dry,chapped lips that are always peeling but every time I use it, it makes all the gunk on my lips dissapear.
And then when you're done scrubbing, you simply just lick it off! It really does smell and taste of mint chocolates or to me, after eights

It is quite expensive (£5.25) for what is essentially a pot of flavoured sugar and oil but its gonna last me for ages! I use this up to 3 times a day and have owned this for well over a month now and barely made a dent in it. Its not at all messy either which is a plus

Overall, I think this is absolutely amazing and wouldnt be without it now but cant belive I didnt get this sooner! Would without a doubt repurchase :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love LUSH's lip scrubs, and they will continue to be a part of my staples.
Here are my reasons for five lippies:
-The scrub is very efficient, works amazing to exfoliate and rid my lips of any dead skin, residue or lip product build-up.
-The smell of Mint Julips is just like junior mints or York peppermint patties, which I love.
-It's edible! Or not, if you're not in the mood
-It comes in a convenient but high-quality glass jar

I personally think I like the bubble gum flavor better, since sometimes I'm just not in the mood to taste this one.