LUSH Mint Julips Lip Scrub

4.3

Castor Sugar, Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Vanilla Extract (Vanilla planifolia), Tagetes Oil (Tagetes minuta), Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita), Limonene, Flavour. . . CASTOR SUGAR is very fine grain granulated sugar. . . This product contains NO Castor Oil.

on 2/20/2013 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this product. It works great especially when I use it after I shower when my lips are soft or after a apply a thick layer of carmex. It smells and taste good too. HOWEVER, I can just use a homemade recipe of raw sugar and essential oil to achieve the same effect. Therefore, I will repurchase it.

on 2/19/2013 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I sould be in the show "My Strange Addiction", because a few months ago I used ALL my money I saved on Lush products. And with this money I bought sooo many products including the Mint Julips Lip Scrub :)

Packaging : I never really liked the lip scrubs packaging, but it's not the LUSH one. It's every brand. But at the same time, it's not possible to have another packaging for a lip scrub.
I would give 4 out of 5 because I'm ALWAYS scared to let it fall (yeah, it's glass) ... Luckily once, I did and it didn't break ! :D

Taste/ Smell : Honestly, I like ... ATE it ! It is SOOOO delicious ! :D I am so mad at my friends when I tell them "ok you can have a little bit, but don't take too much" and I end up with like NOTHING ! hahahaha I swear, it's DELICIOUS !!!!! :D

100000000000 out of 5 !!!

Exfoliating : Super nice ! :) Not to harsh, but still really works ! :D I just rub my lips together and I lick it off :)

Overall : 5 out of 5 !!! I .... LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it !! :D

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. It is a decent lip scrub and it tastes and smells great! However I am not repurchasing this product since I can get off with just vaseline mixed with some raw sugar.

on 2/7/2013 5:29:00 PM

I am in love with this product, it smells and tastes amazing and makes my lips feels AMAZING!!! The packaging is not ideal as it can be hard to get the product out but overall it is wonderful. Super excited to try the bubble gum one.

on 2/4/2013 9:46:00 AM

This is a good lip scrub although I don't like mint. My son however likes to EAT this one. Which is no problem since its edible. And as a lip scrub these work great.

I wish I could full-on eat this product. Which is not that crazy of a wish since LUSH made it to be licked off after use. It tastes just as good as it smells and my lips have never felt nicer. I always condition my lips after each use but this is my first winter without chapped lips. And this baby is half the reason for that. Not quite a holy grail item but I will definitely be buying this again once I use it up.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wanted to love this product and I do like it but the few bad points it has have made me not want to repurchase.

I like the idea of using a lip scrub as my lips are always chapped regardless of how much lip conditioner I use and using a toothbrush to exfoliate my lips has never quite done the job. £5.25 was a little steep for what it actually is and the fact you could easily make it at home, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

The 3 varieties they did when I went to LUSH was Mint Julips, Popcorn and Bubblegum. I didn't really like any of the scents as they were so overpowering but Mint Julips was the most bareable so I decided to go for that one. The SA also told me that it was ok to eat the lip scrub off of your lips as it is vegan (Caster Sugar, Organic Jojoba Oil, Vanilla Extract, Tagetes Oil, Peppermint Oil, Limonene). So armed with that info, I thought this would be a great on-the-go product.

That being the case, this product would probably work well for most people. Sadly, I tried eating the lip scrub off and I hated every second of it. I applied the lip scrub, scrubbed it around with my fingers and then as I ate it, it was like eating crunchy, minty choc... crud?? I don't know why I couldn't stand it, but it was just eurgh.

Now, I use it before bed and wash it off but I still cringe when the taste gets in my mouth.
It does work well, it could easily be made at home and I would repurchase if I could use it without getting any whatsoever in my mouth, maybe if it wasn't so strongly flavoured I could get used to it?

Saying that, it has made an improvement to my lips. They are noticeably less flakey and I think the oil in the product has nourished my lips quite well, so at least it has made a positive impact.

The container isn't ideal for the product. It's in a screwtop jar that needs to be a little bigger as it is full to the brim with product so you get gritty, sticky lip scrub everywhere when you dab your finger in it.

I wanted to like this product and if they do an unflavoured version, I'll undoubtedly buy it. Until then, I'll use up this lip scrub and then try to make my own at home.

on 1/1/2013 3:26:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

It works well and it smells and tastes awesome. It leaves my lips super smooth.
However I wouldn't buy this again simply because I could make a sugar lip scrub myself with the sugar and olive oil I have in the kitchen and get the same result.

on 12/30/2012 5:39:00 PM

Adoro este scrub de labios! Como es el primero que tengo, no tengo contra qué comparar, pero sí puedo decir que el aroma y el sabor de Mint Julips es delicioso! Que sea comestible me hace sentir segura sobre sus ingredientes. Creo que la funciòn de scrub es delicada y acorde a la zona de los labios.
No compraría de nuevo porque me gustaría probar otros exfoliantes, pero nada más.

on 11/30/2012 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love the scent/flavour of this and how smooth it makes my lips feel, it's great for getting rid of flakes on my lips in the summer and winter. It's not the cheapest lip scrub ever but it lasts a long time so it's worth it to me. I know you can easily make your own sugar lip scrub but it's nice to always have a ready-made and nice-smelling one to hand!

Popular Lip Treatments