July 30, 2014 | 1535 users online

Lip Treatments - LUSH - Mint Julips Lip Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by MissMakeupAddict14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this lip scrub so much! I've always had a problem with dry,chapped lips that are always peeling but every time I use it, it makes all the gunk on my lips dissapear.
And then when you're done scrubbing, you simply just lick it off! It really does smell and taste of mint chocolates or to me, after eights

It is quite expensive (5.25) for what is essentially a pot of flavoured sugar and oil but its gonna last me for ages! I use this up to 3 times a day and have owned this for well over a month now and barely made a dent in it. Its not at all messy either which is a plus

Overall, I think this is absolutely amazing and wouldnt be without it now but cant belive I didnt get this sooner! Would without a doubt repurchase :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love LUSH's lip scrubs, and they will continue to be a part of my staples.
Here are my reasons for five lippies:
-The scrub is very efficient, works amazing to exfoliate and rid my lips of any dead skin, residue or lip product build-up.
-The smell of Mint Julips is just like junior mints or York peppermint patties, which I love.
-It's edible! Or not, if you're not in the mood
-It comes in a convenient but high-quality glass jar

I personally think I like the bubble gum flavor better, since sometimes I'm just not in the mood to taste this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by RosesBloom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this lip scrub! I am or rather was having a problem with my lips getting really chapped and peeling. This scrub really helped me get that under control, love it! I don't think its all that costly considering it does take much at least for me I just dip my finger in it and then scrub my lips, I don't scoop it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Winglessly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG, this is the best lip scrub I've ever tried! It's so finely milled, but it's still rough enough to sluff off your dead skin. It leaves my lips super smooth and kissable, and the abraisivness kind of plumps them(:
AND IT TASTES LIKE THIN MINTS! OMG THIS IS ACTUALLY DELICIOUS! Whenever I'm done scrubbing my lips, I lick it off! Anyone know how many calories this is? :p
On the downside, the smoothness doesn't last super long if you don't seal it with a lip balm. Since the scrub is kind of dry, you REALLY need to moisturize after if you want it to stay that way for a while
Overall, I loveloveloveeee this product and so does my man ;)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

This lip scrub is great for dried lips in the winter, but I really don't think it does that much for them. It's also easy to scrub your lips too much and produce more dried skin than you started with!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Yeochin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this product! It is wonderful for ladies who wear lipstick on a daily basis. My lips are kind of normal, I think... But, as with normal lips, dead skin builds up on them through out the day. Even with a ton of lip balm, nothing can make your lipstick go on smoothly without removing the build up (ugh gross, I know). I agree, this product can do exactly what a washcloth does . . . But, I am not one to carry around a washcloth and rub my lips through out the day. This product is edible, so you can scrub it on after lunch, lick it off, and apply fresh lip products no problem. I would not consider this to be a moisturising product per se, tho it is very gentle and does not leave my lips feeling even close to dry, but I always apply my favorite balm, then lipstick after using this. My only qualm is the packaging, I am not a fan of the glass jar. I'd rather have something lighter, and more likely to survive a fall than glass.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by KarineD

I wish i could buy this roduct in a lipstick form, because otherwise I refuse to use this product without washing my hands first. I can't count how many times this lip scrub saved my makeup. It is a basic that eveyrone should have in a makeup stash, because what looks more bad than a lipstick applied over chapped lips? Plus, the taste is wonderful, just a like an After Eight chocolate bar. The only downside is the price. Sigh...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by bedazzeledberet

This is a very nice product because its taste and smell is absolutley devine! It does the job most of the time and doesnt leave my lips feeling sore or irritated. The oils in this product leave the lips feeling moisterised and cared for. The application can sometimes be rather difficult but yousoon get the gist of it. The price is a little steep, but is usually worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have dry lips. If I don't carry lip balm or chapstick at all times, my lips will peel and crack. I heard a lot of good things about mint julips so I thought I'd give it a try. This stuff smells amazing, like an andes mint chocolate candy. I was suprised that it's so dry. I thought it would be more oil based. It's just a small pot of sugar, there is oil in it but not much. It can be messy so I use a small teaspoon and get a little bit out on the edge of the spoon and then rub it all over my lips. You can lick it off and it tastes very good, and it leaves your breath minty fresh too. I tend to use it right before I get into the shower and then rinse it off. Then I apply rosebud salve over it. No more dry lips for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by HauteHarlequin

I bought this in the winter months to help sooth my chapped lips. This scrub is very minty and it tastes good, and it did leave my lips feeling soft. I wouldn't purchase again, because I think it's sort of a novelty products and by no means a staple. It does nothing that exfoliating with a washcloth can't do. Also, it's kind of messy and the sugar crumbs get everywhere. I'll stick to just slicking on some chapstick.