September 19, 2014 | 1743 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by yas17

One of my favourite products. Good coverage, does not break me up as much as other foundations. I have purchased this product time and time again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by kezexx

I suffer from moderate hormonal acne and have relied on Clinique Acne Solutions for over 4 years now. It contains a low percentage of salicylic acid (which I use throughout my skincare routine as it really clears up my skin) which is fantastic for us unfortunate acne sufferers as I figure if something's going to be sitting on my face all day long, it should be helping my skin! I have combination-oily skin and although this foundation has never dried me out, people with very dry skin may find the acid content too much! That said, those with skin on the more dry side would be fine with it as my skin is still okay with it in winter. I also think it would work great for the fortunate ones who don't have acne and like a matte finish.

The foundation has good staying power (around 8 hours without a powder) but I need to set it in my T-zone with a powder to ensure that it stays put all day. It looks fabulously natural but still matte in a way that I have never found in another foundation, blends easily and a bottle lasts me over 4 months using a pretty decent amount of product daily. It can also be sheered out well for a more natural finish and can be built to a medium-full coverage easily.

I wear shade 1 (fresh alabaster) in winter and shade 2 in summer and find that the shade range is not fantastic! I have pale skin, but it is not extremely pale so I would not recommend it to anyone with very pale skin. There is also not a fantastic selection for darker skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Kellison

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation is slowly becoming my HG liquid foundation.

I used this back when I was a senior in highschool and for some reason it just wasnt working for me, it may have been that I was pairing it with tarte bronzer (which i later found out breaks my skin out baaaad) and just my over all heath then.

I have now picked it up, 2 years later, and its totally working!!

So here it is,

Pros:
>The finish is so beautifuly matte
>I work at bank and I dont have to touch up AT all for the 8 hours im there
>Has yet to break me out and EVERYTHING breaks me out....
>The color matches me prefectly
>Lasts for ever
>Doesnt take much at all

Cons:
>Drys to fast, you gotta really work with it
>I have heard that some of the colors can go orange, however this has not happened to me
>ALWAYS USE A MOISTURIZER it will accentuate dry patches

A WEIRD WORD OF ADVICE

When, if, or if you have already, bought this you will notice that the cap and tip of the bottle accumulates some the makeup and turns into kind of a paste

USE THIS PASTE AS A CONCEALER

At first I hated the package design untill I discovered that the buildup of product under the cap makes a heavy coverage concealer, so amazing.

I top this amazing stuff with Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Loose Powder

heres my review on that stuff http://www.makeupalley.com/product/userreviews.asp?u=Kellison

Hope this helped!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by cheylestar

I absolutely love this foundation! It is very lightweight and provides moderate coverage (w/out concealer) and it really has visibly improved the look and health of my skin. I have had very little break outs and when i do it's simply from not washing my make up off properly or my hormones during my cycle. One bottle last me almost 2-3 months and I use it everyday. My tone has become more smooth and even and my pores look better too. This is by far the best foundation I have come across. It is worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by LizLaurenW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been searching for a perfect foundation with good coverage and would not make me an oil slick. I have found it!!! It covers my freckles without becoming cakey. It leaves me with a beautiful matte finish. I still do have to set it with powder, but with my oily face i am going to have to with any foundation. I have used benefit, makeup forever, and m.a.c. and this is by far my favorite and for the price it is amazing.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Jossboss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate this stuff!!! Worst 30$ I have ever spent. For some reasons it gives me a nasty green/gray cast on my face. Wtf. I would return it but I lost the receipt >:O

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by jessicav1

I've been searching for a liquid foundation that will agree with my acne prone skin for years now. I think I may have finally found it in Acne Solutions. I received a couple samples from the Clinique counter at The Bay, one of them being Acne Solutions and the other being Stay Matte. I actually liked both, and found the Stay Matte had a little more staying power, but Acne Solutions had better coverage without having to apply more than a couple layers. I would probably purchase both and use Acne Solutions during a breakout since I definitely noticed a reduction in pimple size, and prevention of them getting any bigger. I didn't find it particularly drying, but I also have oily skin and moisturized before applying it. The shade is just a small bit off, but I am VERY pale and hard to match and this is the closest match I've found. I just blend it into my neck so you can't really tell. The application is a bit tricky and took me a couple tries to find what worked but overall it's very blend-able with a foundation brush. If you have acne prone skin I would definitely recommend this product, even just to use during a breakout for that extra coverage and healing/prevention. The price can be a bit steep ($33 Canadian) but you don't need a whole lot of product, so it would definitely last.

EDIT: I'm not sure if they've changed something in their formula or what, but this stuff oxidizes after about a month to an orangey shade. I repurchased 2 times before and maybe I got a bad batch this time or something but it's not even wearable after only a month of being open. I've since purchased revlon colorstay which is the perfect shade. Sad to see this stuff go off my makeup table as it's been so good to my skin :(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by jenmen987

I really enjoy this foundation. I have mild/moderate acne with lots of discoloration. This foundation is perfect for someone who needs build-able coverage. It covers almost completely I still have to use spot concealer but that's normal with almost any formula. I have not had any real problems with. I don't think it actually treats my acne but it definitely doesn't hurt it. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by vanillachild1075

Myself and my 14 year-old daughter both have acne-prone skin. This foundation has worked wonders for my teenage daughter acne that she has on her forehead. It has also worked wonders on my acne as well. Myself and my daughter have only being using this product for one week and after a day of use we saw the acne going away. We also use it along with the Sheer Matte Powder to set the foundation in place. I will definitely purchase again. I had being doing research and watching reviews on this product, so I decided to purchase this product due to the free gift Clinique was giving away with a $25 or more purchase at Macy's in Michigan. If you are debating, debate no more and invest $27 in you and your skin and purchase this product. A little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by graygatsby

i am a teenager who suffers from acne and oily skin. i started using this product in the summer of last year (2012), and it has worked very well. i absolutely LOVE this product. it has the right amount of salicylic acid to where it helps forming blemishes and blackheads diminish, but doesnt dry my skin out, which is perfect. it has great coverage!! the usage of this product along with the clinique stay matte sheer pressed powder oil free, keeps my makeup look good throughout the day and night. i have found nothing wrong with this product so far, and i recommend it to anyone is suffering from mild acne. now, your face may still get oily, but its not the makeup's fault. its already oil free, its just the way your/my body was made. it still works fabulously coverage wise and keeping acne away.

****I PREFER USING A FOUNDATION BRUSH OVER A FOUNDATION PAD, SIMPLY BECAUSE I BELIEVE THAT THE PADS HOLD THE DEAD SKIN CELLS AND OIL FROM PREVIOUS WEARINGS OF MAKEUP.*****

****MAKE SURE YOU KEEP YOUR FACIAL TOOLS CLEAN. WASH THEM AFTER EVERY ONE OR TWO USES.*****