MAC Lipglass - Lovechild

4.4

Beautiful! I have tanned skin (I'm Hispanic) and it is a lovely pinky-purply-nude. I think this would complement many skin tones. It's a great bet for those who love nudes but would like a little more colour or oomph to them.

lovechild is perfect on me! i m nc35. i think it souts darker complexions more, cos when i wear prrr i look washed out!

terrible, it came out looking puplish on me

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I discovered this from my girlfriend who was wearing it. I thought it looked really bad on her-it was just way too purple and dark for her super pale skintone. And so I asked to see the tube and she let me try some on. It looked perfect on me! I'm NC30 so i think it is a much nicer color on for my skintone than hers. I sound so mean but its true. So the next time I was at the MAC counter I bought some for myself. Perfect medium shade of purple for me with lots of bronzy sparkle. Seems to make my teeth look whiter too.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is not as sheer as I thought it would be and the consistency feels more like liquid lipstick than a gloss. It is a beautiful your-lips-but-better colour however I am not too keen on the golden sheen.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love Lovechild! It's quite intimidating in the tube for a NW15 girl with not a lot of pigment in her lips, but this is surprising! I just love it, I can't describe it haha. I'm wearing in in one of my pictures on here if you want to take a look.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My absolute fave lipglass. For me, this is MYLBB (I am freckly, fair to medium skinned with red/brown hair and tend to look very washed out with "nude" lippies.) Looks much more natural and less purple on vs. in the tube. Has a beautiful, understated shimmer. A better color than VGV and VGVI, both of which I have. Hope they never d/c it!

This is another one of those perfect colors from MAC. It is a gorgeous coppered plum that isn't as purple as one might think. It almost has some pink in it (at least on me). But wow...what a color. If you look at the MAC color spectrum for lipglasses, my 3 favorites are all in the bottom section. They include Lovechild, Viva Glam V and Pop Mode. Pop Mode my least favorite of the three because it feels the most purple & requires more care to apply, but still great. I have had friends buy these with out even trying them on from seeing them on me.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Wow, for me Lovechild is love! I avoided this always thinking it would be straight up purple, and look like I was oxygen deprived. This color doesn't give off that look at all, I tried a tester, and this is absolutely lovely. This has a wonderful medium berry color, that is a plummy pink. I didn't think it would look very nice with my pale skin tone, but it makes my lips, and face pop! I ended up swapping for this, and I am so happy I did. When I run out, I will buy again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i can't believe i haven't reviewed this stuff yet! it's an absolute staple for me; perfect for my nw15/nw20 complexion. i tend to go for a more "natural" look (ie not looking like a hooker at 1 a.m. on a friday night with caked on makeup, super dark eyes and neon blush).

i like the goldy/pink color. it's subtle enough to not gain the "oh my god - she's certainly wearing lipstick" response, yet pinky enough to make my pale lips look more noticable. seems like it could go with nearly anything.

the only downside is that i like to be able to put it on while i'm out walking around and tend to bump the side of the opening with the applicator tip. since it picks up so much more than you need (it's very sticky), i wind up wasting a lot around the screwy bit.

Recommended for Medium Skin