August 31, 2014 | 1019 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Lipglass - Lovechild

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2007 3:36:00 AM More reviews by macismycrack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

terrible, it came out looking puplish on me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2007 2:49:00 AM More reviews by krystennicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I discovered this from my girlfriend who was wearing it. I thought it looked really bad on her-it was just way too purple and dark for her super pale skintone. And so I asked to see the tube and she let me try some on. It looked perfect on me! I'm NC30 so i think it is a much nicer color on for my skintone than hers. I sound so mean but its true. So the next time I was at the MAC counter I bought some for myself. Perfect medium shade of purple for me with lots of bronzy sparkle. Seems to make my teeth look whiter too.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2007 10:01:00 PM More reviews by bellstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is not as sheer as I thought it would be and the consistency feels more like liquid lipstick than a gloss. It is a beautiful your-lips-but-better colour however I am not too keen on the golden sheen.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2007 2:35:00 AM More reviews by blindfate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love Lovechild! It's quite intimidating in the tube for a NW15 girl with not a lot of pigment in her lips, but this is surprising! I just love it, I can't describe it haha. I'm wearing in in one of my pictures on here if you want to take a look.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2007 3:59:00 PM More reviews by dlbaker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My absolute fave lipglass. For me, this is MYLBB (I am freckly, fair to medium skinned with red/brown hair and tend to look very washed out with "nude" lippies.) Looks much more natural and less purple on vs. in the tube. Has a beautiful, understated shimmer. A better color than VGV and VGVI, both of which I have. Hope they never d/c it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2007 9:48:00 PM More reviews by 1017

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is another one of those perfect colors from MAC. It is a gorgeous coppered plum that isn't as purple as one might think. It almost has some pink in it (at least on me). But wow...what a color. If you look at the MAC color spectrum for lipglasses, my 3 favorites are all in the bottom section. They include Lovechild, Viva Glam V and Pop Mode. Pop Mode my least favorite of the three because it feels the most purple, but still great. I have had friends buy these with out even trying them on from seeing them on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2006 12:39:00 PM More reviews by fetishdolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, for me Lovechild is love! I avoided this always thinking it would be straight up purple, and look like I was oxygen deprived. This color doesn't give off that look at all, I tried a tester, and this is absolutely lovely. This has a wonderful medium berry color, that is a plummy pink. I didn't think it would look very nice with my pale skin tone, but it makes my lips, and face pop! I ended up swapping for this, and I am so happy I did. When I run out, I will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2006 12:48:00 PM More reviews by coconnell

i can't believe i haven't reviewed this stuff yet! it's an absolute staple for me; perfect for my nw15/nw20 complexion. i tend to go for a more "natural" look (ie not looking like a hooker at 1 a.m. on a friday night with caked on makeup, super dark eyes and neon blush).

i like the goldy/pink color. it's subtle enough to not gain the "oh my god - she's certainly wearing lipstick" response, yet pinky enough to make my pale lips look more noticable. seems like it could go with nearly anything.

the only downside is that i like to be able to put it on while i'm out walking around and tend to bump the side of the opening with the applicator tip. since it picks up so much more than you need (it's very sticky), i wind up wasting a lot around the screwy bit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2006 12:57:00 PM More reviews by junglequeenjen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like Lovechild. It's sort of a plummy-gold color, and it seems to be a little thinner than some of the other lipglasses. It has great lasting power, and it works for everyday use. I tend to wear it more in the summer when I'm a bit more tan or else it's slightly too dramatic on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2006 5:35:00 PM More reviews by brneydgrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe it's taken so long for me to review this..I love it. I purchased my first tube of Lovechild back in 2003,and have replaced it a time or two so far. My lips are pretty dark,so for me this is nice neutral,everyday look.

*NC27 with dark brown hair and eyes