December 19, 2014 | 1669 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sigma - F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Sandy01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Excellent foundation brush. Gives you a perfect flawless finish. You do not need a lot of product and this brush blends your foundation in beautifully! I would highly recommend this brush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This brush is an absolute essential for me. I use it for EVERYTHING -- powder foundation, pressed powder, cream foundation, liquid foundation, loose minerals. It's amazing! The quality is superb. I love that it's soft to the touch but still firm enough for precise applications. Definitely a staple product for any beauty junkie.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by MissTaDa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this brush! I use both liquid & cream foundations & have found with both formulations I'm using much less product than ever before AND getting much more even coverage. Won't hesitate to repurchase & will be happily gifting as a birthday present to all my foundation wearing friends!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by SavannahMurdock

I really like this foundation brush. It buffs foundation into skin beautifully and gives a nice even finish. My only complaint would be that I find it very difficult to clean. I have found, however, that if you wash it frequently it is easier to keep makeup from building up. All in all this is another great brush from Sigma.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Laoshu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty good brush, and the price is great at only $20. However--maybe it's just me--I have so much trouble cleaning this. For some reason the foundation has caked up in the middle and I can't seem to get it out. It's making the application uneven since the inner bristles are all bunched together. I've washed this with baby shampoo weekly for several weeks and I still can't get it all out. As much as I like this brush, I might switch to another that I won't have to buy extra products for to clean, and just keep this one as a backup.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 5:24:00 AM More reviews by aloos91

Seriously the beeeest foundation brush ever
Since I bought it (before 4 months) I have never used any other foundation brush
It simply gives the perfect flawless look without streaking
and you really get what you have paid for !

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Mihajla

Oh my lord. How did I never know what I was missing out on? All the years of using cheap brushes, I never though that the fact I never got the result that I wanted could lie in the way you apply your makeup! Sounds really obvious now, but sometimes the solution is right in front of you and you don´t see it because you´re used to do it a certain way.

When I first tried this, I put foundation on my hand and swirled my F80 in it. ALL of the product was absorbed, and I got a really bad feeling thinking that this brush is not going to be economically beneficial to use. I then put the brush to my face, and turns out it delivered basically all of the product on my face! I was so surprised, and just after a few rounds with the brush on my face it was all evened out giving me a smooth finish without having to work it so much on my face (I really dislike to spend a lot of time trying to get everything even and trying to avoid the brush leaving lines in your foundation on your face). I love that it is just big enough, and the flat edge makes it possible to get into small areas such as the side of your nose and in the corner of your eyes. I recently tried the real technique stippling brush, and in contrast this is way to small and needs a lot of work to get everything even. I don´t know what words to use to express how amazing the F80 actually is. I think the price is very fair for the quality of the brush, and in the past I wouldn´t look twice at a brush at this price. But I learned that it actually really is worth it.

I haven´t tried it long enough to say anything about the long-term quality, but I am sure with the right treatment and cleansing of the brush it will stay intact for a long time. I am now off to buy the other brushes in the kabuki series!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by lumer00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I know, it sounds crazy, but I seriously don't know what I would do without this brush! This puts my previous liquid foundation brush, the MAC 109, to shame. I have never used a brush that made it so easy and fool proof to put on my liquid foundation. I've used this with different foundations (Laura Mercier Silk Creme, Hourglass Immaculate, Estée Lauder Double Wear, Becca Matte Skin, and MAC Studio Fix) only to achieve flawless results, in minimal time, every time! The method I prefer is to take a bit of foundation onto the area with my finger, buff with this brush, and then move on to another area or apply more if I need it. I also agree that I find myself using less foundation with this brush because it covers the area very nicely. It washes up nicely, doesn't shed, and is so dense. The price is great compared to MAC brushes. Five lippies from me! My advice would be to experiment how this brush works for you. Some people prefer the patting on motion, which I initially tried and did not prefer, but buffing in circular motions works great for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 4:07:00 AM More reviews by mderyaozel

This brush is amazing. I just bought it, and used it for the first time this morning with my loreal mousse foundation, and it gave my face a flawless look. And i have to say, i tried that foundation with lots of brushes and nothing worked liked this one. As a plus, the price is less then half of the mac brushes. I totally recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Desmetval

In my opinion, this is the best foundation brush ever.
I had the MAC Duo Fiber Face Brush - which is ok -, but since I got my hands on the Sigma F80, I am not going back.

When I apply foundation with my MAC brush, it doesn't look as flawless as with my F80 Kabuki. Also, the price is really good. They are a lot cheaper then MAC, and the quality is equally.
In the future, I'll be buying all my brushes from Sigma.