April 20, 2014 | 878 users online

Eyeliner - Physicians Formula - Shimmer Strips Gel Creamliner (all)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by missmelodyskye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought the trio that has black, a medium blue, and a silver liner. Maybe I got a bad batch because these were horrible for me! The blue was not pigmented at all and was so "oily" feeling that applying it with an eyeliner brush was nearly impossible. The brush would "push" the eyeliner around rather than actually applying it. The silver was the same way. I have to admit that I haven't tried the black. I was so offput by the other two that I haven't really had the urge to try it. The only thing I can say is that the black one has pretty sparkles in it. The packing and the way they are stacked is really cute though!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by kimmyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought these for brown eyes which comes with black, brown, and purple. I have had them for about 3 months and have only used black since I have no desire to use brown or purple... I think I will give those away. I like the black one very much. Before these, I have tried MAC Blacktrack and WnW cream liner. The black one is very creamy and pigmented. Application is a breeze and staying power is great. By the end of the day, the color is not as black as it was upon application, but not by much. The price is pretty steep for a drugstore item at about $13, but you do get three gel liners or one liner. I would highly recommend this product for a few reasons 1) the quality is superb- creamy & pigmented 2) $13/3= about $4 per gel liner 3) easily accessible at almost any drugstore 4) LONG LASTING of overall product, like I said I have had this for 3 months and it is not even close to drying out <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Chelles93

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Edit: I use these daily and one pot lasts a year without drying out. I eventually threw mine away after about a year because I figured it was about time. I still had plenty left.

I've used a few other eyeliners here and there since my original review and always come back to these.

____________________________

Holy crap. I love these. They were the first gel eyeliners I've ever tried. I can't believe I waited so long to try them.

They stay forever. I work 11+ hour shifts and it stays all night. I can tightline with an elf brush and it doesn't transfer to my waterline if I take my time.

Looks great, too. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2011 12:10:00 AM More reviews by morganito

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have 2 of these both for hazel eyes (the glam, and the regular one). I have tried a few cream liners, Maybelline (hates smeared) stila smudge pot (good but to $$ for me) and wet n wild (loved but wanted to try something new).

I got these on sale, and with a coupon, so I paid very little for them, but I would pay full price if I had too. The price is actually great considering you get 3 liners and a decent brush (I still use my own, but I like having it as a back up brush).I think they are around 10 bucks.

the liners them selves are great, pigmented smooth, and they wear so well for me. No smudging flaking or anything. They make making a cat eye super easy. And I love the fact I get three different colors per set to do bold, natural and flashy looks. I can't wait to try other colors. The packaging is nice I like that they are all individually packaged yet snap together, I can take one and it's small enough to throw into my purse. I have had this for a few months now and they haven't dried out (knock on wood). I will be repurchasing in the future for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 4:20:00 AM More reviews by thecaitycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have the regular and the glam sets for green eyes as well as the regular set for brown eyes (the plum purple alone is worth it). I'm not sure where PF got the idea that bright grass green was in any way "natural" but it's a great color nonetheless. The colors are saturated and smooth and application is pretty easy once you get the hang of using a brush rather than a pencil. If you buy these, I would advise you to use a brush with a longer handle.I'm at the point where I prefer a brush because I have better control over the width of the line. The formula on this is creamier than a pencil (no dragging on my upper eyelids!) and sturdier than liquid liner. It's very smudgeproof too!

My only gripe with these is that I wish the metallic green from the glam set were more pigmented. It goes on very sheer and it's hard to tell that there's color and not just some extra sparkle. Other than that single liner, the colors all go on nicely. I can definitely tell a difference between the black liners in all three sets. It's subtle, but it's there.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by nanciixd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used to use the bobbi brown gel liner until I switched over to this since it was more affordable and it lasts longer as well. I've bought the blue, green, and glam collection. I LOVE ALL OF THEM! The only problem I have is the brown gel that comes in the blue collection because there is barely any color that shows up when I apply it on. The brush applicator that comes with the packaging is absolutely terrible but don't let that discourage you from trying the product. I switched a thinner, pointier eyeliner brush that made application a lot easier.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by JeffysMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've apparently been living under a rock, since I'd never heard of a Gel CreamLiner. I bought the Eyeliner Trio for hazel eyes since that was the style of applicator I was used too. Major mistake - bad product. But I really liked the color of the Taupe pencil, which I found very flattering. So I bought the Gel CreamLiner for hazel eyes. Excellent! The product goes on smoothly in a fine line using the brush PF gives you. And it stays put. I wore it overnight on purpose, and the second day it still looked fresh (after I flicked away about 3 flakes). A little difficult to remove, but I think that's me, since I don't actually have eye makeup remover, just regular mild facial cleansers. I love the Taupe color (which is why I bought this) and the black is also fine. Didn't know it had purple speckles until I read about them in a review. Yup, they're there, but not very obvious or annoying. Perhaps I should read reviews before rather than after purchases. The jury is still out on the pink shade - a little on the bizarre side for me. Overall, this looks like a winner to me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 3:44:00 AM More reviews by Tit4Tat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Even my bf's MUA teacher aunt was impressed by these, she usually snubs drugstore makeup. I got a set for brow eyes even though mine are blue because I actually needed a brown liner and got a black and pretty purple as an added bonus IMO! For $10 CAD on sale at SDM? I say that's a steal. Considering I purchased it with my points, I can say it's the smartest purchase I made this year as the liner stays put on my super oily lids, applies evenly (I use an angled flat brush, toss that thing the kit comes with :P) and it does last all day, even in heat. 4 lippies because getting it off is a bit of a nuisance, even with oil-based removers although it's worth mentioning that despite their strong staying power, these liners don't irritate my sensitive eyes. They dry almost instantly so take that into consideration if your application technique requires correction. Love the stackable packaging, saves me from rummaging through my purse like a rabid raccoon. I'm thinking of purchasing the rest of the collection as it would supply me with various gel liners of good quality without putting a whole in my wallet.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by ToxicMegacolon

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I dunno how or with what the liners were applied in the sample pictures but I did not find the same payoff. I tried two different sets, the Hazel Glam Trio and the Green Eye Trio. Hazel had a gold, taupy purple, and a black with gold flecks where the Green had forest green, a purple blue, and black with green flecks. Pretty colors, but none of them show up on my NC20 skin. I mean, you have to THICKLY apply it if you want it to show, and definitely not with the brush that comes with the package. The Glam trio was the worst; the gold and taupy color was barely colors...more of a sparkle base. The black is less than black, more of a graphite. The Green Trio was better but definitely not bright or brilliant...just mediocre. I don't reeally know how people line with these. The best I can use them for is a cream eyeshadow...maybe. I got them at $3 a pop so whatever, but for the $13, heck no.

The only good thing is that once these dry, they dry and stay. But still not on the waterline.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by BDGURL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing. I got the green trio, even though I have brown eyes, because of all the fun colors. I got it for 7.98 + tax CDN from walmart. It is "dirt cheap" compared to my estee lauder gel liner, and you do get more for your buck.

It's pretty amazing, the color glides on smoothly, and you can just use the brush that comes with the pack.
i do think it's a good investment, especially for 8 something dollars. I wouldn't get the other ones, because they have brown and black, whereas this has two fun colors, green and purple (looks blue to me).