Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Gel Creamliner Trio

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm going to be honest - this stuff is really great, but the packaging sucks so much that I don't think I would buy this again.

I have 2 sets: green eyes & brown eyes.
they both have a purple, and a black with a matching shimmer (green shimmer & purple shimmer - which is dupish to the Stila pink noir smudge pot) and a matte brown for brown eyes and a forest green for green eyes -- they are colors that are different form the other drugstore options.

It's not all that cheap and you don't get much product, but you get 3 fun colors to play with. The quality is great - they are smooth and glide on easily, they are pretty much budge proof and are so richly pigmented & creamy.

The only issue is that the they dont close tighly enough and they dry out SUPER fast. I couldn't even reconstitute them by steaming them.. I even added a drop of jojoba oil, which has worked for me as a last resort int he past and even that couldn't fix it. In the two sets I have, the purples were the first to go, and the blacks seem to last the longest.

I was so PO'd that I had to throw half of them out before I could use them up. I suppose if you use these daily and were able to use them up before they dried out it wouldn't be an issue, but I purchased these more to have fun colors to play with on my off days, so I was bummed the fun colors just wouldn't last. . .

If PF will improve the packaing, I would buy again, but for now, I'd rather spend a little more on Maybelline and live without the the more exciting colors...

on 8/21/2011 1:28:00 AM

This eyeliner is amazing! I bought the trio with the black, brown, and purple. I've only tried the black and brown. The black was not bad, and was pretty good. It seemed to dry out a bit quick.
But the brown was an HG!!!!!!! It stayed put and was super creamy and glided on without skipping! No smuding at all and was rich and dark all throughout a 15 hour day!
It's my go to brown! I've had it open for as long as the black, but it doesn't seem to dry out at all. I've had it for about 6 months now, and its still as creamy as when i first opened it!

It is a great product! If physicians formula could make the black a bit more creamy, I think it'll become my HG black cream eyeliner (so far, the wet'n'wild cream liner in black surpassed it).

Overall, my high rating of this product is definately because of the brown cream liner. I will keep repurchasing as long as they keep making it!

on 8/8/2011 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing! Phenomenal!! This is my first time using gel liner..I heard this was better than Maybelline's so I gave it a shot. In Canada, this is $15 + 13% tax so it's not SUPER cheap...but it's worth the little extra money :)
I went to the beach, swam with my head immersed in water numerous times, had sunscreen on my face (which basically makes it more oily), sweat, and the eyeliner was STILL intact!! It flaked the teeniest bit, but the line was still there. Incredible! Not even waterproof liquid liner could do that for me. The colours are beautiful and basic. Seriously, if you're looking for an affordable, waterproof, smudgeproof, all-day-wear eyeliner...get this!!

The only downfall is BECAUSE it is so's quite difficult to remove. However, I use extra virgin olive oil as a makeup remover so maybe that's why it's difficult? oh! I guess one more's important to get a good eyeliner brush (I Just use loew-cornell's fine paint brushes and they do the job :) Sometimes you may want to layer the gel liner to build intensity in color, so a good brush is essential (especially if you want a fine line!)

Before you go spending 20-30 dollars on liquid eyeliner like Makeup forever's aqua liners (which are getting all the hype now), seriously give this gel liner a try!! You won't regret it~

on 8/3/2011 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I'm not a big fan of gel liners but I bought this on a whim. The colors ARE really nice and are great for brown eyes, which I have. The black has some interesting purple glitter in there. I do like how they stack on top of each other, they're pretty cute individually or in a trio. They have very good staying power too. But I don't think I'd repurchase.. Noting wow'd me about the product. It's very cute though.

on 7/8/2011 3:03:00 AM

Love the black and the brown, but the purple (which i bought these for, looking for a dupe for my MAC fluidline in nonconformist) was completely dried out and cracked :[

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought the trio that has black, a medium blue, and a silver liner. Maybe I got a bad batch because these were horrible for me! The blue was not pigmented at all and was so "oily" feeling that applying it with an eyeliner brush was nearly impossible. The brush would "push" the eyeliner around rather than actually applying it. The silver was the same way. I have to admit that I haven't tried the black. I was so offput by the other two that I haven't really had the urge to try it. The only thing I can say is that the black one has pretty sparkles in it. The packing and the way they are stacked is really cute though!

on 6/30/2011 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I bought these for brown eyes which comes with black, brown, and purple. I have had them for about 3 months and have only used black since I have no desire to use brown or purple... I think I will give those away. I like the black one very much. Before these, I have tried MAC Blacktrack and WnW cream liner. The black one is very creamy and pigmented. Application is a breeze and staying power is great. By the end of the day, the color is not as black as it was upon application, but not by much. The price is pretty steep for a drugstore item at about $13, but you do get three gel liners or one liner. I would highly recommend this product for a few reasons 1) the quality is superb- creamy & pigmented 2) $13/3= about $4 per gel liner 3) easily accessible at almost any drugstore 4) LONG LASTING of overall product, like I said I have had this for 3 months and it is not even close to drying out <3

on 6/30/2011 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Edit: I use these daily and one pot lasts a year without drying out. I eventually threw mine away after about a year because I figured it was about time. I still had plenty left.

I've used a few other eyeliners here and there since my original review and always come back to these.

Holy crap. I love these. They were the first gel eyeliners I've ever tried. I can't believe I waited so long to try them.

They stay forever. I work 11+ hour shifts and it stays all night. I can tightline with an elf brush and it doesn't transfer to my waterline if I take my time.

Looks great, too. Will repurchase.

on 6/25/2011 12:10:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have 2 of these both for hazel eyes (the glam, and the regular one). I have tried a few cream liners, Maybelline (hates smeared) stila smudge pot (good but to $$ for me) and wet n wild (loved but wanted to try something new).

I got these on sale, and with a coupon, so I paid very little for them, but I would pay full price if I had too. The price is actually great considering you get 3 liners and a decent brush (I still use my own, but I like having it as a back up brush).I think they are around 10 bucks.

the liners them selves are great, pigmented smooth, and they wear so well for me. No smudging flaking or anything. They make making a cat eye super easy. And I love the fact I get three different colors per set to do bold, natural and flashy looks. I can't wait to try other colors. The packaging is nice I like that they are all individually packaged yet snap together, I can take one and it's small enough to throw into my purse. I have had this for a few months now and they haven't dried out (knock on wood). I will be repurchasing in the future for sure.

on 6/17/2011 4:20:00 AM

I have the regular and the glam sets for green eyes as well as the regular set for brown eyes (the plum purple alone is worth it). I'm not sure where PF got the idea that bright grass green was in any way "natural" but it's a great color nonetheless. The colors are saturated and smooth and application is pretty easy once you get the hang of using a brush rather than a pencil. If you buy these, I would advise you to use a brush with a longer handle.I'm at the point where I prefer a brush because I have better control over the width of the line. The formula on this is creamier than a pencil (no dragging on my upper eyelids!) and sturdier than liquid liner. It's very smudgeproof too!

My only gripe with these is that I wish the metallic green from the glam set were more pigmented. It goes on very sheer and it's hard to tell that there's color and not just some extra sparkle. Other than that single liner, the colors all go on nicely. I can definitely tell a difference between the black liners in all three sets. It's subtle, but it's there.