October 22, 2014 | 2114 users online

Eyeliner - Physicians Formula - Shimmer Strips Gel Creamliner Trio

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by ashleybaybay

Amazing! Phenomenal!! This is my first time using gel liner..I heard this was better than Maybelline's so I gave it a shot. In Canada, this is $15 + 13% tax so it's not SUPER cheap...but it's worth the little extra money :)
I went to the beach, swam with my head immersed in water numerous times, had sunscreen on my face (which basically makes it more oily), sweat, and the eyeliner was STILL intact!! It flaked the teeniest bit, but the line was still there. Incredible! Not even waterproof liquid liner could do that for me. The colours are beautiful and basic. Seriously, if you're looking for an affordable, waterproof, smudgeproof, all-day-wear eyeliner...get this!!

The only downfall is BECAUSE it is so long-wearing...it's quite difficult to remove. However, I use extra virgin olive oil as a makeup remover so maybe that's why it's difficult? oh! I guess one more thing...it's important to get a good eyeliner brush (I Just use loew-cornell's fine paint brushes and they do the job :) Sometimes you may want to layer the gel liner to build intensity in color, so a good brush is essential (especially if you want a fine line!)

Before you go spending 20-30 dollars on liquid eyeliner like Makeup forever's aqua liners (which are getting all the hype now), seriously give this gel liner a try!! You won't regret it~

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by EvilyKyoko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not a big fan of gel liners but I bought this on a whim. The colors ARE really nice and are great for brown eyes, which I have. The black has some interesting purple glitter in there. I do like how they stack on top of each other, they're pretty cute individually or in a trio. They have very good staying power too. But I don't think I'd repurchase.. Noting wow'd me about the product. It's very cute though.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by alliemily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love the black and the brown, but the purple (which i bought these for, looking for a dupe for my MAC fluidline in nonconformist) was completely dried out and cracked :[

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by missmelodyskye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought the trio that has black, a medium blue, and a silver liner. Maybe I got a bad batch because these were horrible for me! The blue was not pigmented at all and was so "oily" feeling that applying it with an eyeliner brush was nearly impossible. The brush would "push" the eyeliner around rather than actually applying it. The silver was the same way. I have to admit that I haven't tried the black. I was so offput by the other two that I haven't really had the urge to try it. The only thing I can say is that the black one has pretty sparkles in it. The packing and the way they are stacked is really cute though!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by kimmyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought these for brown eyes which comes with black, brown, and purple. I have had them for about 3 months and have only used black since I have no desire to use brown or purple... I think I will give those away. I like the black one very much. Before these, I have tried MAC Blacktrack and WnW cream liner. The black one is very creamy and pigmented. Application is a breeze and staying power is great. By the end of the day, the color is not as black as it was upon application, but not by much. The price is pretty steep for a drugstore item at about $13, but you do get three gel liners or one liner. I would highly recommend this product for a few reasons 1) the quality is superb- creamy & pigmented 2) $13/3= about $4 per gel liner 3) easily accessible at almost any drugstore 4) LONG LASTING of overall product, like I said I have had this for 3 months and it is not even close to drying out <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Chelles93

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Edit: I use these daily and one pot lasts a year without drying out. I eventually threw mine away after about a year because I figured it was about time. I still had plenty left.

I've used a few other eyeliners here and there since my original review and always come back to these.

____________________________

Holy crap. I love these. They were the first gel eyeliners I've ever tried. I can't believe I waited so long to try them.

They stay forever. I work 11+ hour shifts and it stays all night. I can tightline with an elf brush and it doesn't transfer to my waterline if I take my time.

Looks great, too. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2011 12:10:00 AM More reviews by morganito

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have 2 of these both for hazel eyes (the glam, and the regular one). I have tried a few cream liners, Maybelline (hates smeared) stila smudge pot (good but to $$ for me) and wet n wild (loved but wanted to try something new).

I got these on sale, and with a coupon, so I paid very little for them, but I would pay full price if I had too. The price is actually great considering you get 3 liners and a decent brush (I still use my own, but I like having it as a back up brush).I think they are around 10 bucks.

the liners them selves are great, pigmented smooth, and they wear so well for me. No smudging flaking or anything. They make making a cat eye super easy. And I love the fact I get three different colors per set to do bold, natural and flashy looks. I can't wait to try other colors. The packaging is nice I like that they are all individually packaged yet snap together, I can take one and it's small enough to throw into my purse. I have had this for a few months now and they haven't dried out (knock on wood). I will be repurchasing in the future for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 4:20:00 AM More reviews by thecaitycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have the regular and the glam sets for green eyes as well as the regular set for brown eyes (the plum purple alone is worth it). I'm not sure where PF got the idea that bright grass green was in any way "natural" but it's a great color nonetheless. The colors are saturated and smooth and application is pretty easy once you get the hang of using a brush rather than a pencil. If you buy these, I would advise you to use a brush with a longer handle.I'm at the point where I prefer a brush because I have better control over the width of the line. The formula on this is creamier than a pencil (no dragging on my upper eyelids!) and sturdier than liquid liner. It's very smudgeproof too!

My only gripe with these is that I wish the metallic green from the glam set were more pigmented. It goes on very sheer and it's hard to tell that there's color and not just some extra sparkle. Other than that single liner, the colors all go on nicely. I can definitely tell a difference between the black liners in all three sets. It's subtle, but it's there.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by nanciixd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used to use the bobbi brown gel liner until I switched over to this since it was more affordable and it lasts longer as well. I've bought the blue, green, and glam collection. I LOVE ALL OF THEM! The only problem I have is the brown gel that comes in the blue collection because there is barely any color that shows up when I apply it on. The brush applicator that comes with the packaging is absolutely terrible but don't let that discourage you from trying the product. I switched a thinner, pointier eyeliner brush that made application a lot easier.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by JeffysMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've apparently been living under a rock, since I'd never heard of a Gel CreamLiner. I bought the Eyeliner Trio for hazel eyes since that was the style of applicator I was used too. Major mistake - bad product. But I really liked the color of the Taupe pencil, which I found very flattering. So I bought the Gel CreamLiner for hazel eyes. Excellent! The product goes on smoothly in a fine line using the brush PF gives you. And it stays put. I wore it overnight on purpose, and the second day it still looked fresh (after I flicked away about 3 flakes). A little difficult to remove, but I think that's me, since I don't actually have eye makeup remover, just regular mild facial cleansers. I love the Taupe color (which is why I bought this) and the black is also fine. Didn't know it had purple speckles until I read about them in a review. Yup, they're there, but not very obvious or annoying. Perhaps I should read reviews before rather than after purchases. The jury is still out on the pink shade - a little on the bizarre side for me. Overall, this looks like a winner to me.