April 17, 2014 | 1013 users online

Toners - Jurlique - Rosewater Balancing Mist

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2007 7:29:00 AM More reviews by tluic

the smell is so nice, i don't use it as a toner though. i spray before and after makeup, sometimes i get dry patches on my cheeks and jawline (bad combo skin!!), it helps condition my skin before makeup and make it look less powdery right after.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2006 6:17:00 AM More reviews by sugahxpops

I love it, Jurlique makes products SO natural it makes me feel totally at ease knowing I'm doing at least SOMETHING good for my skin. I have the smaller bottle for travel. Very soothing and relaxing! Looking forward to trying the same in Chamomile!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2006 8:04:00 AM More reviews by bingbing

I don't use this as a toner, more of a makeup setting spray. Put on makeup, then mist this over to set it. Feels nice and refreshing going on too, and I adore the way it smells. Tip: don't breathe it in when you're spraying it on.
And on those days when I was heavy handed and look like I've packed it on - what I do then is spray some of this on, then quickly press a tissue to my face which helps to lift off a layer of paint without having to start from scratch.
The spray nozzle works well and delivers a fine mist, no squirting thin streams of liquid like some other spray caps. However, I have an issue with glass in the bathroom - something along of the lines of all that exposed skin, and hard tiled surfaces don't go well with slippery glass. I've dropped a bottle of the herbal recovery mist and it smashed all over the joint. I was extremely displeased because:
waste of money - all that product - gone!
had to interrupt my post-shower routine to clean up while au natural
Grrr.
Despite all the griping, I think this is a lovely spray, and it's the one that got me hooked on the spray-over-makeup-to-set theme. But I'm sure I could find a similar product at a better price. I bought this because a friend of a friend's aunty (tenuous link at best) scored it for me for a bargain. And who can resist a deal like that? I'll finish my bottle (if I don't drop it) and then go on the hunt for a new rosewater mist.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2006 4:15:00 AM More reviews by Babydollygirl

I really like this product. I have been using Biotherm, and decided to try something more natural. I definately love the smell of this, and I love carrying this product with me, just to freshen up during the day, and it does not ruin my makeup or liquid eye liner at all. Great fantastic product. I definately repurchase in the future

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2006 7:21:00 PM More reviews by almighty_curv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am a big Jurlique fan. Actually, I love 'natural' products so this is one of my favs. I have never used this as a toner, but rather as a make-up setter or just for a pick me up. It's very economical and lasts me forever, and travels well. I will always buy this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2006 4:34:00 AM More reviews by StellaCH

This doesn't do anyhing apart from smelling like roses. Waste of money in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2006 8:43:00 AM More reviews by jill_lauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this product; it's very soothing to my sensitive skin (especially during summer and air travel) and great for setting makeup. However, the packaging is terrible (heavy glass bottle), and it's horrendously expensive. I've also tried generic rosewater from the chemist, and the only difference is that it costs a fraction of what Jurlique's rosewater costs.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2006 9:31:00 AM More reviews by nutsaboutmakeup

This used to come in a huge 400ml bottle which you could buy & refil - cheaper this way but its been discontinued & i find it isnt as cost effectively as before, so i always wonder away, trying other cheaper stuff but somehow still come back to this. I find alot of rosewater toners arent actually using rose but a cheaper alternative that supposedly smells like rose but itsnt. they usually subsitute geranium for rose which smells different. i use this as a toner on face, sometimes i spritz some on my hair & body - although be prepared to have strangers come up & snift you on the road!!Be careful with the amount of spirtz though, cos the rose scent is fairly strong. Its very refreashing & good for a pick me up in the mornings or on days which are humid or hot. Love using this on long haul flights!!

Only downside is the heavy glass bottle! and price. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2006 2:41:00 AM More reviews by cinnamon_k

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this as part of the essential skin pack for combination skins. Its ok, its pretty refreshing and the bottle says that it can be sprayed as a toner, or any time that you need a pick me up esp in air conditioned environment. However, the downside is that this product contains alcohol and its a bit overpriced since i've seen a different brand sell rosewater minus the alcohol for only 1/3 the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2006 5:01:00 AM More reviews by CountessDementia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm generally not fond of toners but this one worked rather well on my combination skin. It was both soothing and hydrating, and the rose fragrance is really quite lovely. This works beautifully in hot Australian summer weather as well as the torrid humidity of Kuala Lumpur. The spray application is a tad more effective than the usual dab-on-cotton-and-wipeoff of most toners. This has become a handbag essential: works a charm as a complexion pick-me-up-er and face freshener. I'd buy this again.