Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist

3.8

Water, Alcohol, Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow) Root Extract, Rosa Gallica (Rose) Flower Extract, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Lactic Acid, Polysorbate-20, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Geraniol*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Eugenol*, Benzyl Benzoate.* *From Natural Essential Oil (Rose - Rosa Centifolia & Rosa Damascena).

I adore this mist. I have the citrus, lavender and rose in the large sizes. I'm obsessed with skin care and holistic beauty, plus skin is my favorite organ, so I pamper it ruthlessly! The rose in particular makes me feel ultra feminine, and gives me a boost of convidence because of that.This stuff is not just plain ole water+essence. It's a biodynamically, scientifically created concoction derived from years and years of education, experience and research. The people of Jurlique take organic materials, and create something completely unique. All of the mists(I have tried all of them) are lovely, light, naturally fragranced refreshers. Depending on my mood, I'll take any one of them with me throughout the day, for whenever I'm feeling tight, or dry, or even oily(citrus rocks!) It's nutritious for your face! It sucks it right up, and it has wonderful short term, and long term effects! Plus I think the new packaging is gorgeous. It's much more sophistocated, classy, and fresh. The old packaging made it look cheap and out dated.

I purchased the new version of this product- Rosewater Balancing Mist. It has a pleasant rose scent and is quite hydrating. The new frosted glass spray bottle is very nice. Highly recommend this product as a toner, it leaves your skin feeling clean and fresh, without being too drying. I have also tried the Chamomile version of this product, which is suited to slightly oily or sensitive skin. The Chamomile Balancing Mist is a very good toner, but I found the scent too strong.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Another love/hate relationship with Jurlique. I buy this on and off as it is a nice toner, however I dont' think it tones enough..i mostly use it to relax my skin or when i want a time out..it just smells so beautiful..but i can't say that it has great toning qualities.. I'll stick to my Lancome toner.. at least i can see results from it.. but i'll keep this nearby to calm my skin and smell pretty..

Totally disagree with the new price. They renamed it as "Rosewater Balancing Mist" with the new packing (more heavier bottle). But price increased by 20%. Personally, i prefer to old packaging because it's look more classic.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this at the recommendation of an aesthetician, and I used it up to the last drop. Then I went to Whole Foods and bought that old school Rosewater + Glycerine spray in the plastic bottle and got much better results. I'll pay for good results, but why pay more for something I can make myself at home with rose essence and distilled water? Or buy even more cheaply premixed?

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have not used this product as a toner or for setting my makeup.

I've used it twice.

1. I used this product frequently on an 8hr plane trip. My skin felt quite hydrated but I think the ppl around me was starting to get annoyed at the scent.

2. I was at the park on a very hot day. I sprayed this stuff on my face, neck and arm and it was one of the best feelings every! Unlike just using plain water, I felt my skin absorbing it, cooling down and hydrated. I also became a bit more alert!

The bottle is quite heavy but I guess the product is actually kept in good condition becoz of that. Unfortunately it is not very portable and cannot keep it in my everday handbag.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I use this as a toner to clean and prep my skin for moisturizer application and it has worked great: I apply some of this freshener to a cotton square to clean my face of any dirt residue and then I spray it over my face and have noticed that my moisturizers are absorbed quicker this way and my skin feels more supple. Nice product, nice scent.

the smell is so nice, i don't use it as a toner though. i spray before and after makeup, sometimes i get dry patches on my cheeks and jawline (bad combo skin!!), it helps condition my skin before makeup and make it look less powdery right after.

I love it, Jurlique makes products SO natural it makes me feel totally at ease knowing I'm doing at least SOMETHING good for my skin. I have the smaller bottle for travel. Very soothing and relaxing! Looking forward to trying the same in Chamomile!

I don't use this as a toner, more of a makeup setting spray. Put on makeup, then mist this over to set it. Feels nice and refreshing going on too, and I adore the way it smells. Tip: don't breathe it in when you're spraying it on.
And on those days when I was heavy handed and look like I've packed it on - what I do then is spray some of this on, then quickly press a tissue to my face which helps to lift off a layer of paint without having to start from scratch.
The spray nozzle works well and delivers a fine mist, no squirting thin streams of liquid like some other spray caps. However, I have an issue with glass in the bathroom - something along of the lines of all that exposed skin, and hard tiled surfaces don't go well with slippery glass. I've dropped a bottle of the herbal recovery mist and it smashed all over the joint. I was extremely displeased because:
waste of money - all that product - gone!
had to interrupt my post-shower routine to clean up while au natural
Grrr.
Despite all the griping, I think this is a lovely spray, and it's the one that got me hooked on the spray-over-makeup-to-set theme. But I'm sure I could find a similar product at a better price. I bought this because a friend of a friend's aunty (tenuous link at best) scored it for me for a bargain. And who can resist a deal like that? I'll finish my bottle (if I don't drop it) and then go on the hunt for a new rosewater mist.
continued >>