August 21, 2014 | 1575 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunblock spf 70

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 10:03:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really? Not worth $14 just for a tiny 1.4oz bottle.

I don't wear makeup, so I really don't care about having a smooth surface for makeup application. Why do they call it a liquid when it feels just like a lotion to me? On application it feels heavy & greasy but absorbs quickly & dries to a velvety light finish (thank goodness for that).

But other sunscreens by Neutrogena that are lightweight & sheer do the same thing at less cost & more product for the price, such as Ultra Sheer Dry Touch which I used to use years ago.

Though this liquid leaves my skin looking glowy & fresh, it actually makes my skin feel tight & dry. It burns a tiny little bit as it sinks into my skin. It also makes my skincare serum underneath ball up on application. And it feels like I have to tug on my skin to apply it evenly (not happy about that!).

I'm glad this works well for some but personally I won't buy this again. There's just not enough product to make it last a while, even just for the face. Plus I don't appreciate the irritation. I wish I could return it or exchange it (it came packaged in a cardboard bubble pack), but I'll use it up quick enough & then move on to something else. On the plus side, I do like the high SPF & broadspectrum protection.

I was eyeing the Neutrogena Spectrum+ SPF 100+ lotion which was the same price but for twice as much product, & the Age Shield SPF 30 which was only $10 for 4oz. I should have tried one of these instead (at least these bottles are returnable if any negative side effects).

I'm sorry I don't like this product & I'm not impressed with it. Maybe I would have loved it when I was younger with the oil-spill pizza face I used to have.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by DKER

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The finish is very nice, dries down nearly matte. No flaking or balling up, and the liquid formula is easy to reapply or apply a 2nd coat. Makeup goes over this well too.

But, the BURN. Not bad at first, but my eyes get progressively more watery and itchy as the day wears on, and I begin sneezing and my nose runs terribly after a couple hours on. Not to mention, the FRAGRANCE. Overpowering overly sweet floral like a grandmother's perfume that has been overapplied. (In fact the progressive reaction may be due to the fragrance).

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by opheliamagdalene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Broke me out, and had that "sunscreen smell." Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by marylizette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted so much to like this, but it broke me out. Neutrogena sunscreens just do not work for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by waters2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Horrible product for me. Caused pimples and irritation, and did not protect my face from a sunburn. It also dried out my face. The only positive point is that it's not an oily sunscreen, but I've worn much heavier sunscreens with no breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Meowmix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE this! I have always been hesitant about liquid sunscreen.. worried i would be streaky or not absorb quickly enough, not this! The texture is great; lightweight,silky and it absorbs quickly! Leaves my skin matte and doesn't make my make-up greasy 3 hours later. I love the eye-dropper like packaging too.

There is a $2.00 off coupon on the Neurogena website for this..try it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by cshea

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin and have never in my life found a sunscreen I could use -- until now. True, I tried using powder sunscreens when they became available, but they didn't stay put and made me look like casper. Out of desperation recently (I'm getting brown spots around my eyes) I tried this product. Wow. Fabuous. Not only is this an effective suncreen, my skin looks so good I've been going without face powder. Also, there is zero oil to blot up until well into my day; the product seems to have mattifying properties. I had a facial today and didn't need any extractions, so the product is not causing my usually problem-plagued skin any issues. If only this sunscreen had been available 30 years ago! PS: If you do not have oily skin, you will need moisturizer with this product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 2:05:00 AM More reviews by edenist16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I love this sunscreen!!! It goes on under moisturizer and completely sinks into skin and makes it more even. Also, the tiny packaging makes it easy to toss in my bag so I can always have it with me - yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Cluekeeper

I have used this everyday for the last month. My Dermatologist recommended it after my last visit. :( Its nice and sheer and dries smooth to the touch. I put my make up over it and my make up doesn't run. Seems to make my skin look nicer and my pores a bit smaller (but that could be a side effect of the Renova.) I love it and will be using it every morning. There is a bit of a tingle/burn...but my skin is being thinned out by the Renova, so that is not unexpected. Must be working, my freckles are fading...I am in the sun on the weekends, but I have been wearing a Large brimmed hat, sunglasses and this sunscreen and so far I am staying fair. Will buy forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 2:30:00 PM More reviews by g60girl

FINALLY found my daily HG sunscreen! It is so light and spreads easily which I love. It leaves my face feeling soft and fresh not sticky and white like most sunscreens. The faint sunscreen scent fades quickly and this sinks right into my skin. I found this for $8.99 on sale at Rite Aid and is better than some $40 sunscreens I have tried. PLEASE KEEP THIS PRODUCT NEUTROGENA.